a voice for men antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? boner rage evil sexy ladies evil women FemRAs FeMRAsplaining hypocrisy irony alert men created civilization men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men paul elam the c-word vaginas

A Voice for Men presents: The [vagina-related slur redacted] Monologues

It is very c-worthy.
It is very c-worthy.

So the other day, in writing about the shutdown of MGTOWforums.com, I quoted a rather ironic comment from Men’s “Human Rights” Activist Paul Elam about the site, which he denounced as a hive of “self-consuming bitterness” that was essentially

one rolling “cunts and whores” diatribe after another, spiced only with vicious attacks on men who were deemed less than worthy by Nacho Vidal’s standards.

The irony, of course, was that if you replaced “Nacho Vidal’s” name with Elams’s, his statement was in fact also a perfect description of his own site, A Voice for Men.

But I didn’t really have the space to properly document just how pervasive “‘cunts and whores’ diatribes” are on AVFM. So today I’d like to start that process, by looking at some selected examples of times in which contributors to AVFM — not commenters, but actual article writers and in some cases staff members — resorted to the c-word to make their points, whatever the hell those happened to be.

The c-word is remarkably popular on AVFM; going through the site’s archives, I found more than three dozen posts in which it appeared, sometimes by itself, and sometimes as part of a clever new portmanteau word. In one recent post,  for example, Diana Davison and John Hembling declared Canada to be “a first world cuntry.” In another post, alimony became “cuntimony.”

But generally, the word appears in its natural state. While there are a few instances in which the word doesn’t reflect badly on the author — it’s found in a quotation from someone else, for example — it’s generally used straightforwardly as a slur; there’s nothing ironic or “satirical” in its usage. Some of the time it’s directed at specific women; other times at feminists. But it’s often directed at women in general.

The writer most fond of the term, ironically enough, is a woman, Diana Davison, who seems to slip the word into pretty much every post she can figure out how to. Probably her most impressive achievement, at least in terms of c-word usage, is a post titled “It’s a Woman Problem,” which starts out with this little zinger:

Women are facing a very real and grave problem in our culture: They are obnoxious cunts.

Lovely. Later in the post, she informs us that

Men are objects to women by which they gain social status and it is not something men have orchestrated, it is just an easy and convenient measure on “the scale of cunthood.”

In the end, she concludes:

All evidence indicates that Women’s Studies from early childhood education is a great idea. They just need to change the focus from women whining about their victimhood to women learning about how they victimize each other and teaching them to stop being cunts.

In other posts, she derides feminists as “lying, hypocritical cunts,” denounces Betty Friedan as both a “a complete cunt” and a “narcissistic twat,” and declares New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd to be “either lazy, sloppy, dishonest, or a genuine cunt” if not all of these things.

Another A Voice for Men contributor fond of the c-word is August Løvenskiolds. In one melodramatic tirade, he declared:

Women, through their sexual and reproductive capabilities, have always had a vast amount of power and influence over men, but this power cloaks itself in denials and subtleties in order to preserve itself. Cunt-power is cunning but every now and then, it peeks through the veil to expose a fetid maw of endless hunger and hatred.

In a “lighter” piece mocking those concerned about sexual harassment in the tech world he made a joke about how “C++ means “Cunt plus Oral plus Anal”, a brutal evaluation of women’s utility in programming.”

“Cunt” isn’t the only vagina-related insult favored by the writers of AVFM. “Twat” is also popular, particularly with Diana Davison. Paul Elam and  Dr. Tara J. Palmatier both apparently think it’s hilarious to call Twitter “Twatter.”

Of course the person who sets the tone for AVFM is Elam, and he’s not exactly shy about using the c-word himself. In one notorious post he now insists was partially “satire,” he wrote:

[W]omen are often excused from killing someone whom they allege has abused them. They can shoot them in their sleep and walk. Happens all the time. It’ll even get you a spot on Oprah, and cuntists across the cunt-o-sphere will be lionizing you.

And he’s fond of using the term to describe specific women he dislikes. In one post, he declared  actress Katherine Heigl a “misandric cunt;” in another he denounced Good Men Project Publisher and CEO Lisa Hickey as a “disingenuous cunt that makes her living off trying to turn men into lap dogs.”

Elam is well aware that this sort of language offends people and can even alienate many MRAs. But he has regularly defended it on the grounds of, well, I’ll let you try to figure out what he’s saying in this long, profanity laden screed (which, yes, does include the word “cunt”).

But I think my favorite Elam screed involving the c-word has to be the mouth-foamingly angry rant he wrote responding to a Jezebel piece on … a Summer’s Eve commercial featuring Cleopatra. It’s pretty unhinged, even by his standards; you may wish to go read the whole thing.

But here are some excerpts, in which he lectures the Jezebel writer about her proper place in the universe:

See, cupcake, you are not a goddess or any other kind of deity.  You are just a woman, and that smooth spot between your legs? Just a pussy.

As for being the center of civilization; sorry, that spot is still reserved in the real world for those who built it.  That would be men. …

The expectation that you are something more than human generally tends to indicate that you are actually something less.

Imagine a world in which you are just another person and not so easily offended by the sales of pussy soap. Fewer people would have to suffer your droning like a pipe organ about the fact that some advertiser acknowledged that Cleopatra had a cunt …

Pussy is power. Always has been.  Just like the commercial said, men have fought and died for it. And much, much more. The truth about pussy power eviscerates every lie about female powerlessness ever pawned off by feminists on a culture so afraid of that power that it would not even call them on the lies.

So, yeah, Paul: “cunt diatribes,” your site has them. And you write some of angriest of the bunch.

I’ll cover AVFM’s use of the word “whore” in another post.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle

Hmmm… This is totally “not” sexist! They do such a good job of “promoting” men’s rights and fighting the “oppressive matriarchy.”

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

It doesn’t matter if Elam is self-aware, as long as the readers never put two and two together and the donations keep rolling in.

God, they’re so ridiculous and I want to troll them so badly.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Also: dude, please tell me the “seaward” gag is also an Arrested Development reference.

LBT
LBT

Oh, AVFM. Will you never learn?

These people seem oddly obsessed with genitals that a great number of them do not possess. How saddening.

Maude LL
Maude LL

As for being the center of civilization; sorry, that spot is still reserved in the real world for those who built it. That would be men. …

That’s awesome. The two sentences are perfect together, painfully unaware that he’s dissing himself.

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

So… men built the world, but women have power over…. I don’t understand.
Has anyone ever attempted to draw what they are trying to say in some kind of info-graphic or something? It is very hard to follow. One has to be really into hating women for that, I would imagine.

sparky
sparky

Wow. It really is something to see all those ragey, slur-filled diatribes together in one place. It really does drive home the fact that these people just plain hate women.

And thought nothing could really get to me anymore, heard it all, but that “C++” just really pissed me off. That is a man declaring outright that women are only good for one thing: sex. And every person commenting on that article seems to find it all “hilarious.” Not horribly sexist. “Hilarious.”

kittehserf

Yes, yes, fellas, nobody will fuck you unless she’s got a bad case of internalised misogyny, and you still hate her for being a human who might cock-block you. You’ve said it all before, y’know.

kittehserf

I can’t imagine spending as much time obsessing over genitals as these guys do, whether it’s my own or how to get at someone else’s. I think about whether my feet are hurting more than that, I swear.

kittehserf

auggz – what about Fidelbogen? He’s … different. 😛

weirwoodtreehugger

What a fantastic human rights movement!

It doesn’t surprise me that Elam wrote a rant about a Jezebel post. I comment over there too and it is so ridiculously infected with MRA trolls. Far more than here because Gawker Media sites are very lightly moderated. They often claim they aren’t MRAs, but for some reason they all spout identical MRA talking points. Every time there’s an article about rape, they swarm on in as if they have computer chips implanted in their brains that alert them whenever an article about rape or other sensitive issues is posted.

Why do people who spend all day monitoring feminist and feminist leaning websites waiting for good trollpurtunities fancy themselves superior creatures? It just doesn’t make sense.

Quackers
Quackers

You are just a woman, and that smooth spot between your legs? Just a pussy.

Pussy is power. Always has been.

Way to not contradict yourself there.

These people are so full of hate it boggles my mind how some media outlets who report on them just see them as a poor, harmless men’s movement who just want to talk about male suicide but the meeeeeean feminists wont let them (like those covering the GWW/Ryerson thing)

Maybe this is one of those reasons feminists take issue with MRAs and their pretend quest for “equality” because all they do on their own sites is call women and feminists nasty slurs.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I have just been pointed to this paper (behind a paywall but the abstract sums it up): http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

I’m going to extrapolate beyond the data points a little and say that I hypothesize that this result will also hold for people who write hateful blog posts. Science is onto you, P Elam (or Pseudomonas aeruginosa as I prefer to think of you).

jennydevildoll

“Cunt-power is cunning”. I guess so, since they come from a similar root, word, as does “kunst”(art), kenaz, rune suggesting both creative fire and/or a…yeah. Yet misogynists expect me to feel put down by it? LOL

Their other favorite, well origins are in contention, but I remember in Egypt “Tuat” was the underworld, and also the temples had an inner sanctum built in them know as “duat” or “holiest of holies”. Again, I’m not hurt. But don’t worry, I don’t believe I’m a “goddess”. Nor do I believe that about Cleopatra, she was a Grecian woman, no matter what Summer’s Eve commercials are telling these guys.

kittehserf

Kiwi girl – that abstract really does sum them up, though it needed to add the word “losers” somewhere.

Ally S

Women are facing a very real and grave problem in our culture: They are obnoxious c*nts.

Sounds like something MLK would say.

FromAfar

I for one am just glad something other than Tarantosaurus Sex is the first thing to greet me when I load the blog. In spite of my attempt to associate him with a mudskipper, he and that post are still a bit triggering for me (no idea why).

As for this post, I feel like now is the time to share my attempts at reclaiming the words cunt and twat.

Twat, on the other hand, shall hence forth be used to describe something so indescribably cool that no other word could possibly suffice. For example: “That movie was sooooo twat! I totally want to see it again!” or “That was the twatest thing I’ve done all day!”

Feel free to use and spread.

Since when is a vulva a smooth spot?

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ Katz

“Since when is a vulva a smooth spot?”

Ya know, I wonder about that. Don’t most women over the age of twelve have some sort of pubic hair situation going on in that general vicinity? :/ Not the smoothest of spots on my body, I assure you.

weirwoodtreehugger

Thanks for that link Kiwigirl. I bookmarked it for future deployment in troll mockery.

markb
markb

If you become so excited every time you see one that your vision blurs, it appears smooth.

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ kiwigirl

Awesome link. I saw an article on Feministing but its super cool to have the actual study. Thanks!

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

You know, if I was going to come up with a word to describe the vagina, “smooth” wouldn’t be it. Presumably Elam has encountered one in the wild at some point, so I’m baffled as to how he came up with “smooth” as a descriptor. Does he think Jezebel is literally written by Barbies?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Damn you, comment ninjas.

Bina
Bina

Careful, Diana dear…because “our culture”, in your case, means the MR(B)M. And given the way you talk about women in there, I’d have to say you’re describing yourself awfully well.

How’s that internalized misogyny hanging, by the way?

Which women are you talking about? And which men? Because where I come from, men and women are both just people.

Diana, dear, charity begins at home. How ’bout you just stop being one of Those Women to the rest of us, yourself? Because when you talk like that about your own sex, guess who you’re victimizing with your sneery, toxic ignorance.

August, August, August…you’ve never actually SEEN one, have you? Because they don’t have nearly that much power. And they’re not “fetid” unless infected with something that really should get treated.

Really? Then why is it that every time a battered woman kills a man in self-defence, she gets put on a nasty trial, and even goes to jail? And why is she often not believed? The ones who make it to Oprah are the rare birds who manage to persuade under exceptional circumstances, Paul, you motherfucking dolt.

See, cupcake, you are not a goddess or any other kind of deity. You are just a woman, and that smooth spot between your legs? Just a pussy.

Yo, asshole, I am NOT your fucking cupcake. And the last time I looked, my vulva was not some blank “smooth spot” like you’d find on a mannequin, it was anatomically correct. Complete with folds and pubes and a clit and everything. Have you never seen one? Because the way you talk about them is laughably embarrassing and stupid.

Newsflash: Men did not build the world. It pre-dates them by billions of years.

Also, like it or not, you came into this world via a vagina. It would behoove you to realize that your cock is not the centre of the universe, either.

Dafuq you talkin’ ’bout, Paul? All we want is to be fully human. Not more, and certainly not the odious category of “less”, which you “human rights activitsts” have so thoughtfully assigned us.

WTF is “pussy soap”? I wash my ladybits with regular soap. (Manly, yes, but we like it too!)

Pussy is power. Always has been. Just like the commercial said, men have fought and died for it. And much, much more. The truth about pussy power eviscerates every lie about female powerlessness ever pawned off by feminists on a culture so afraid of that power that it would not even call them on the lies.

It is? It has been? Funny, I’ve never had the opportunity to use mine. I must therefore conclude that, as usual, Elam is talking out his ass here. Every man who’s ever whined about “pussy power” is actually laying a guilt trip in order to get some power over a woman’s womanbits, and is pissed as hell that it isn’t working.

SpleenyBaggage
SpleenyBaggage

OT (except I followed one link above, then another, then I was down the icky MRA rabbit hole) I find this recent snippet from a post by JudgyB*tch to be rather amusing:

The most common word to describe the feeling Woody [Allen] evokes is “creepiness. ” I know that is a word used to shame men who haven’t done anything wrong, but in this case, all it describes are my feelings: he’s a man I find the thought of fucking revolting. Sexual attention from him would disgust me.

The lack of self-awareness is stunning.

kittehserf

::snortlol::

hellkell
hellkell

Diana must be gunning for Queen Bee of the FeMRA hive. She fits in with the other shitstains, I guess.

Paul, make up your mind–vagina has all the power or none, you can’t choose both. Damn, he is so fucking clueless.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

I like his naming of the author of the hated Jezebel post: “Dodai Stewart (don’t ask me to pronounce that first name, or remember the last)”.

He goes on to refer to Dodai Stewart as “whatshername” for the rest of the post.

Journalism at its finest. Paul, dearest, you don’t have to pronounce the name, because it’s in writing. And you don’t have to remember it, because you’re typing on a computer and can go look at it whenever you want.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Oh please, let’s not pretend that Elam would have been all “can’t pronounce her name” if she was white. He may choose to share his misogyny with the internet more often than he shares his racism, but the racism is never very far under the surface.

Chris
Chris

“…that smooth spot between your legs? Just a pussy.”

I think the last time I thought that area was smooth was before I saw a woman naked. Even if it’s shaved, how does someone look at female genitals and think “Yup, nothing going on there.”

Lili Fugit
Lili Fugit

So… MRAs think Barbie is anatomically correct. This does not surprise me somehow.

LBT
LBT

it peeks through the veil to expose a fetid maw of endless hunger and hatred.

Oh god, I’m sorry, I just… I keep PICTURING this like a B horror flick and OH GOD I AM DYING.

RE: auggziliary

Who is the best MRA writer?

FIDELBOGEN! I nominate fidelbogen! 😀

RE: Kittehs

Dammit, you beat me to it.

leatapp
leatapp

<blockquote<Cunt shall now hence forth be used to describe something that required much bravery and/or courage. For example: “Para sailing off of that cliff sure took some cunt!” or “What do you mean you’re nervous about presenting your doctoral dissertation in front of the board!? Grow a cunt!”

Fromafar,
This is for you.

Lids

Lol so have they gone from teenage girls to preteen girls now? Not sure why else he thinks our genitals are smooth. Mine certainly aren’t. I rock the 70s look and I like it. It’s cute.

leatapp
leatapp

Doing my part to keep the blockquote monster fat and sassy!

kittehserf

Does all this “smooth” nonsense mean they’ve never even encountered a blow-up doll?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Fidelbogen is definitely the most entertaining MRA writer.

Meanwhile, I’m finding the whole “fetid maw” thing hilarious. Just think, if there’s ever an MRA event that draws more than 15 people some random woman can shut it down just by threatening to expose her terrifying vagina. Doesn’t even have to be a feminist, someone could fall off her bike while wearing a skirt and they’d all be going “run for your life, we’re not sure if she’s wearing knickers!”.

LBT
LBT

Goddammit leatapp, that song is going to be stuck in my head FOREVER.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Did someone say knickers….

leatapp
leatapp

Cassandrakitty,
LOL! Who needs box cutters when your armed with the thing the MRAs fear most?
“Stand back, MRAs or I swear to not only show you ma bits, but also to unleash a mighty queef in your delicate presence! Tremble before the roar of my panty hamster, ye mortals and despair!”
I can’t help but imagine a Keystone Cops-esque falling over themselves as they flee in panic…..accompanied by the Benny Hill theme, of course.

leatapp
leatapp

Sorry, LBT.
That was so not pussy of me.
😉

side note: I did once hear a hippy dude refer to Portland favorably as being, “One big pussy of a town”. They should put that on the “Welcome” signs at the edge of town.

Fibinachi

It’s late.
Let me destroy a bit of Disney for you.

Look at that rage
isn’t it neat?
Wouldn’t you think that his manifesto’s complete?
Wouldn’t think you he’s the guy
The guy who rages at everything?
Look at that site
Misogyny untold
How much stunted perspective can one cavern hold?
Looking around there you think
Sure, they froth at everything
They’ve got cunts and whores a-plenty
They’ve got feminazis and matriarchs galore
You want female privilege?
They’ll cite twenty
But who cares
No big deal
They rage more

I wanna be where the screaming is
I wanna see, wanna see them raging
Typing so hard on those – what do you call them?
Oh – dead horses

Talking your points, you don’t get so far
Anger is required for pontificating, mastursplaining
Strolling along down a – what’s that word again?
BEEAAAAAACHHHHH

Over there where they rage, over there where they roam
Over there they spend all day on the for-um
Hatred so free – I wish I could be
So full of misogynyyyyy

What would I give if I could destroy part of my empathy?
What would I pay to slay my human decency?
Bet’cha on aVfM they’d kill my agency
Bet they don’t hide their contempt
Dim old men sick of wimmin’
Ready to raaaaageeee

I’m ready to know what the mra’s know
Ask ‘em my questions and get some answers
What’s a hypergamy and why does it – what’s that word
destroy civilization?

When’s it my turn?
Wouldn’t I love, love to explore that world up above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world

Wish I could see
Why they haven’t gone their own way yet…

cloudiah

I’m opening my fetid maw wide and coming for you, misters!

Meanwhile…

Somehow they only remember the constructive things men have done, without ever mentioning the destructive stuff.

Anyway, it boggles my mind that anyone would want to exclude half of humanity — historically and currently — from tackling all the serious problems we face. But I guess that’s because I don’t despise people based on their gender, their race, etc.

cloudiah

Fibinachi, I’m going to be humming that all night!

LBT
LBT

*golf claps for Fibinachi’s grand filking*

moldybrehd

Thank you, Fibinachi! That was (just for FromAfar) super twat.