a voice for men ableism advocacy of violence are these guys 12 years old? boner rage creepy douchebaggery evil women FemRAs gender policing homophobia judgybitch ladies against women men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats oppressed men pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles racism threats transphobia trigger warning

Some of the comments I don’t let through

How comments are moderated at Man Boobz.
How comments are moderated at Man Boobz.

So I had to re-ban a couple of long-banned trolls today, who had returned with new names and slightly different IP addresses but who gave themselves away with their behavior. And that got me thinking about the people — well, the MRAs and PUAs and other such charming folks — who regularly denounce me as an evil censor of FREE SPEECH.

In fact, when I ban people, I do so for good reasons: one of the two trolls I banned today was a longtime MRAish commenter here who eventually creeped everyone out by boasting about having sex with underage prostitutes; the other was a man of many sockpuppets known for angry, abusive meltdowns full of slurs.

Anyway, so I thought I’d give you all a glimpse into my “trash” folder. Here’s a sampling of comments from would-be first time commenters at Man Boobz that I felt would not add anything to the discourse here. But in the interests of FREE SPEECH I thought I’d give these “ideas” an airing today.

TRIGGER WARNING for violent and offensive language. (Sorry about the quality of the last two; you can click on them to see larger versions.)

You people are such wankers. MGTOW is the best thing that ever happened. Personally, i despise women and would gladly see them all die horribly. This site is not only run bu a pathetic, wretched little scum, but populated by ones as well.Sad to say. But I see many good men get hurt by women. I feel not one drop of sympathy for any women who gets hurt, Beatin up or treated like shit. Cheers you dumb bitch.censored1censored2

Not all of the comments I trash are quite this awful. Some are only mildly violent or abusive. I tend to be a bit picky with people’s first comments, assuming that if someone posts a shitty first comment it’s not likely to get any better after that. There are a few banned commenters who stop by and try to post anyway, including one fellow who leaves endless comments trying to prove, as far as I can tell, that teenage girls are objectively hotter than women in their twenties and older.

And, of course, there are comments targeting individual women, whether these are giant cut-and-pasted rants about Anita Sarkeesian, vaguely threatening remarks aimed at other well-known internet feminists, or bizarre sexual comments about female MRAs from fans of theirs.

Once in a while I will get a comment from a feminist that resorts to violent language; I don’t let those comments through either.

And then there are the pictures people try to post in the comments. Below, one of the ones I actually let through, depicting me in a dress with some extremely tall dude. A quick Google image search reveals that it was originally posted online by regular A Voice for Men contributor Janet Bloomfield, in a blog post of hers from last year on Disney princesses. Stay classy, Men’s “Human Rights” Movement!

I don't actually own a dress like this.
I don’t actually own a dress like this.

Anyway, the pictures I don’t let through are worse.

Caroline Not-So-Sweet
Caroline Not-So-Sweet

I see Judgybitch fancies herself a talented artist. Just like she fancies herself a great writer. It seems like she wants to be the next Anne Coulter or something- but her posts are nothing more than rants. There’s no flair or humor to make them readable to anyone but the most strident misogynists.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I hope this is still fun for you, David. I couldn’t wade through all of those first comments, plus find all of the sockpuppets, plus deal with the vitriol from the MRAs. Not to mention the stuff you write about can’t be a blast to read.

cloudiah

Yeah, I seriously hope our goofiness in the comments section is a good antidote to reading that crap.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Misogyny and poo-poo writing really do go hand in hand.

Ally S

That Janet Bloomfield article is embarrassingly terrible.

James Cates

As is nearly always the case, the most brutish, offensive, and self-righteous, cretins are the least adept at expressing, in their native language, the contents of their twitchy gray matter.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

So today’s new troll was good old blog herpes again?

Dude. Get help. Your obsession with this site is not healthy, and neither is your fixation on feminism as the source of all your personal problems.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Oh, apparently it was the other blog herpes. Same advice applies, but in Pell’s case I’ll add “clean your room” and “finish your homework”.

Magpie

I woder what thingo up there has against disabled men

Marie
Marie

censor cat is so cute.tbh, I skimmed the comments posted in this post (whee redundancy) b/c I don’t actually feel like seeing a bunch of trolls being horrible.

tcwill00
tcwill00

@cassandra: No, it was Dr. Montgomery Clift hissownself.

It must be terribly sad at his house. He got rumbled before he could pull the mask off.

Like if the Phantom made a big entrance and all the chorus dancers yawned and told him to get lost.

Alice
Alice

I would be flattered by that pic of you, David. You like quite cheerful with those rosy cheeks, and all.

Now I’m REALLY curious to see the pictures you didn’t want to post.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

… It is kind of sad that “a man of many sockpuppets known for angry, abusive meltdowns full of slurs” could describe at least two of our banned trolls (though one didn’t melt down in all his personas).

leatapp
leatapp

I have a censor dog who likes to turn off our Xbox with her butt.
She doesn’t mean to, but sometimes when she wants attention she’ll stand in front of the console, staring wistfully at whoever is using it and wag her tail until she accidentally hits the power button. It’s annoying, but also kinda adorable.

Sorry you have to wade through all of that garbage, David. I’m glad you do though. Thanks.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

To be honest, that drawing is pretty cute. I always knew David was the belle of the ball.

Skye
Skye

So, anyone know who is supposed to be the beast in that badly done drawing?

Also, thirding the “thanks David” posts

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Yeah, drawing your most prominent male opponent as a woman, that will prove that you aren’t a misogynistic hate movement!

The drawing is kind of adorable though.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

Sorry, but some of those comments are utterly hilarious. They are so unrelentingly over-the-top and ridiculous that I can’t help but laugh simply at how absurd they are. It might just be my own twisted humor, but still. I can’t take someone who says that feminism “ends like rome” anything close to seriously. It is like reading TimeCube or some of David Icke’s “theories”. XD

Skye
Skye

“Of course, it’s not charming that these Reactionary Keyboard Warriors think feminine things are degrading, and one wonders how they rationalize throwing non-gender-conforming men under the bus like that. My guess: they’re very good at ignoring cognitive dissonance.”

That or they don’t care about non-gender-conforming men at all. Actually, it seems they don’t really care about other men period, as long as they can bash women (as others have noted)

Bina
Bina

I have no sympathy for the “censored” trolls and their poor widdle freeze peaches. I only hope that they get locked up before they do the harm to society that they no doubt intend.

hellkell
hellkell

Judgy Bitch is just an all-around shitty person. Too bad her art skills are up there with her logic skills and being human skills.

kittehserf

That pic looks like someone was gawping at the photo John Scalzi had done of himself in a Regency dress. (which looked way cool, btw).

Nthing all the comments about hoping this is still fun for you overall, David, plus a bit thanks. Despite the warning at the top of the page, for me this is a safe site, because of your filtering and all the wonderful regulars.

cloudiah

That Every Janet Bloomfield article is embarrassingly terrible.

FTFY.

sparky
sparky

So, a man “born disabled” is not a “normal” man.

And feminists are the evil man-haters.

sparky
sparky

Is the Beast supposed to be Guy Fieri? Looks a little bit like him. Though I don’t what JB would have against Guy Fieri.

kittehserf

Oh and Fungal Feminist Mouth is the name of my punk band.

Ally S

@cloudiah

Very true 😛

lousycanuck

It’s always good to empty out the chamber pot once in a while. Especially to show people exactly why some folks need to be deprived of access to the open microphone without oversight.

Bina
Bina

MGTOW is the best thing that ever happened

Well, it MIGHT be, if they could just shut up and fucking do it. But the fact that they feel the need to troll and kvetch suggests that they never will, more’s the pity.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I can’t figure out if the Beast is supposed to have horns or she’s just really crap at drawing hair.

weirwoodtreehugger

Feminism will end like Rome? That’s so cute. This guy fancies himself a Visigoth waiting to storm the walls of our vagina caves.

Sorry, no. I think I’ll have a cone of misandry ice cream now. Tastes yummy!
[vimeo 64941331 w=500 h=281] But I’m A Nice Guy from Scott Benson on Vimeo.

weirwoodtreehugger

Drat! Didn’t embed.

kittehserf

C. Both of the above.

weirwoodtreehugger

@Sparky,

It’s great to know that this human rights movement doesn’t consider my autistic brother an important man in need of rights. Funny, I’ve never heard feminists make fun of disabled men.

tcwill00
tcwill00

If I could offer some advice to the after, I would suggest pencils before inks, and kind of draw from the background up, otherwise you end up having to cram your eyes into the glasses you’ve already drawn, as in here.

Say it with me now: Construction is your friend.

Also, Beast is wearing a badge that reads “Mop Veritas” or something. I am positive on the veritas bit. Does that help identify who that’s supposed to be?

And at least it’s clearly supposed to be David, and not some repurposed illo of Michael Moore.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

Judgybitch’s art is so terrible that I think it gave me cancer…

baileyrenee

That picture of David looks more like the AmazingAtheist.

leftwingfox

@caroline: “I see Judgybitch fancies herself ” Yeah, I think you could stop there and still be dead on.

@wierwoodtreehugger: Ooh! Oooh! Have you seen “Night in the Woods?” It’s a successfully kickstarted game with animations and designs by Scott Benson.

The trailer for this makes me SO DAMN EXCITED!!!

Anyway, glad you’re able to excise the worst of the crap, David.

La Strega

David, if you don’t own a dress like that, you definitely should: yellow is clearly your color.

The guy with the handle “women are scum” reminds me of Valerie Solanis. But maybe that’s because I watched “I Shot Andy Warhol” last night.

Lili Fugit
Lili Fugit

Hey, the SCUM manifesto is a thing of imbalanced rage filled reactionary beauty.

Also if Dave is supposed to be our misogyny pimp, you’d think he wouldn’t be filtering out such perfect examples.

Bina
Bina

“Irreversibly Infected Feminists”…sounds like a perfect band name to revive the Riot Grrl franchise.

And why that dude thinks anyone would want to suck any part of him is beyond me. Projection again, yeronner…

cupisnique

I don’t know what it says about me, but I had a pretty good laugh at those comments. I just hope their rage stays directed at the internet and not out onto actual flesh and blood people. Ideally they should be marooned on an island with no connection to the rest of the world, but that would be a perfect world.

I also thought that pic was kinda adorable. I’m not sure how it is offensive other than they switched genders (le gasp!).

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I am re-imagining the comments written with red crayon on lined paper. With no spell checker.

leatapp
leatapp

The awful metaphors really annoy me. “Rotten ticking time bombs”? In what way would a time bomb decompose? Is it made of compost and old bologna? If it’s past it’s freshness date, why is it still ticking? Isn’t the idea behind a time bomb that it goes off at an appointed time? They say ignorance is bliss, but one look at how miserable these guys are proves that adage wrong.

Robert Ramirez

I own a dress like that. But please don’t tell anyone. Ok guys?

leatapp
leatapp

Robert Ramirez,
Because they’ll want to borrow it, right?
No problem. Your secret is safe on the internets. No one will ever know.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

@ leatopp — But that’s how to rhetoric. Just throw imagery at a page.

Wait, I mean throw imagery at a page like a hyperactive monkey throwing paint.

Wait, I mean throw filthy buckets of toxic paint and crappy seventies wallpaper at a crumbling, mossy wall of evil badness that never even had planning permission like a vicious rabid monkey who won’t stop signing terrible ethnic slurs and also has an eye patch and halitosis.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I almost asphyxiated before the end of that sentence.

Bina
Bina

Hatred makes for a lot of badly scrambled metaphors, I guess.

josorio300
josorio300

You rant about shit urself Fattroll. This whole post was a rant. You cant point at judgybitch when you have 3 fingers pointing back at u.

“I don’t actually own a dress like this.” Does this mean you wear a nightclub dress?! Excuse me im gonna stop posting and go throw up in the restroom…

1 2 3 7