awesome hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny YouTube

So-called Men Going Their Own Way need to really GO. This video shows them how.

So I get periodic visits here from hostile and uninformed visitors demanding to know just what I have against those Men’s Rights activist-adjacent fellows who have declared themselves to be Men Going Their Own Way. Surely, they sniff, I can’t be really opposed to men living the lives they choose to live, independent of women? Don’t feminists encourage women to be similarly independent? You go, girls, and all that?

As a fellow calling himself Praetorian wrote:

Why are women so bitter towards men going their own way, without them

“John,” meanwhile, thought he detected some hypocrisy:

So, if a woman says she does not need a man in her life, she is seen as a strong independent woman. If a man says he does not need a woman in his life, he is seen as someone who has a deep hostility towards and/or profound distrust of women.

How convenient and how logical…………….

Happpily, the commenters here always put these misguided souls straight: we don’t object , in principle, to men “going their own way,” if that’s what they want to do.

But in practice, the men who classify themselves as Men Going Their Own Way don’t go anywhere; they stick around and stink the place up with their raging misogyny.

If you go to MGTOWforums or any other popular MGTOW hangout, you’ll discover that the regulars there don’t spend much time talking about the fabulous lives they’re leading on their own — the things they’re learning, the hobbies they’re pursuing, the experiences they’re having.

Nope. They spend virtually all their time and energy taking about women, and how awful they are. The typical MGTOWer spends more time thinking about women on any given day than the president of Planned Parenthood does. And what they think about women is awful. Just go through my MGTOW posts here for example after example.

You want to see some men who are really going their own way? Watch the video at the top of this post. These are guys enjoying themselves and not giving a shit what anyone thinks. They are AWESOME.

That’s what Men Going Their Own Way should look like. And I’m not even joking.

NOTE: I think I’ve posted this video before. I don’t care. Some people might not have seen it. EVERYONE MUST SEE IT.

cloudiah

MY FAVORITE VIDEO OF ALL TIME.

me and not you
me and not you

Holy shit can those men dance. *impressed*

leatapp
leatapp

Auggz,

Except Mikey. He lives “DIRECTLY ON THE FUCKING BEACH”.

Bwahahahahahaaaa!

eli
eli

Based on your twitter sidebar, I half-expected Fleetwood Mac. But these guys are great to see again.

kittehserf

Except Mikey. He lives “DIRECTLY ON THE FUCKING BEACH”.

Bwahahahahahaaaa!

Seconded! XD

If the MnotreallyGTOW were like the guys in the video they’d have all the attention and companionship they want (and constantly deny they want). Because they’d be fun!

Bonelady
Bonelady

Reminds me of the story of the two monks who are from an order which bars them from interacting with women in any way, but also requires them to help those who need it. On a journey, they come to a river, where they find a woman with a small child trying to cross. She is unable to do so, because it is storming and the river is high. She begs the monks for help. One of them turns his back and starts to cross the river. He is shocked when his companion picks up the woman and child and carries them across the river. He puts them down on the opposite bank, accepts their thanks and goes on his way with the other monk. After they have traveled a while, the shocked monk says to the other “You carried that woman!” The other monk says to him, “Why are you still carrying her?” While there may be men who actually do go their own way and live happy lives without women, most of those who are on line seem unable to get on with their lives without women.

I am unmarried, and happy. I have friends both male and female, a career I enjoy (teaching), and a number of interests and hobbies. A woman going her own way? See, guys (ggtow)? It’s possible… (waves).

leatapp
leatapp

Bonelady,
I like that parable. It helps me remember to leave the past in the past whenever possible. You have a point about these guys never putting “the woman” down. Whatever their issue, it is clear that they want to worry with it like a dog with a bone rather than let it go and move on. Independence is wonderful and going your own way is a great idea. But that isn’t what these dudes are doing. They’re pretending to “Go Gault” and when no one notices or the world does not stop on a dime to offer them their wildest dreams if they’ll only come back, they get more angry and bitter. It’s like they keep going out and slamming the door, only to come back and say, “Look what you made me do!”, to all the people who aren’t concerned about them leaving. I don’t care what they do. I hope they love life going their own way. I just wish they’d get on with it and go already. Solitude can be joyous. When Walt Whitman writes about being alone in nature, you can tell that he’s almost euphoric. There are no such poems or essays coming from the MGTOW crowd. Maybe if they really had the courage of their convictions, that might change. After all, a little quiet self-reflection can do people a world of good.

gillyrosebee
gillyrosebee

If MGTOWs were really like that bunch of guys, I think I *would* feel badly about them not being around. Those guys look like they must be a hoot and a half to hang around with. And they are so clearly full of fun!

As it is, I think of MGTOWs as pretty much human dementors: they are so miserable that they try to suck the life out of everyone around them.

freemage
freemage

Yup. The issue with the MGTOW is a classic one for MRAs, generally (at least judging by the trolls they occasionally dispatch here)–they can never stick the flounce. I’ve got people I’ve left behind, because they were toxic elements in my life. I don’t sit around waiting for them to come crawling back to me; I honestly have no idea if they’re doing well or poorly, nor do I care. (In fact, in what was easily the worst case, she’s probably doing better without me–toxic relationships, unlike abusive ones, tend to be remarkably reciprocal after awhile.) That’s the whole point of leaving–you get to stop caring; the people you leave become nothing more than the background noise of generic humanity.

LBT

Exactly. It always makes me side-eye folks when they equate being a raging misogynist with having lives outside of romantic partnership. Uh, guys, one of these things is not like the other; can you seriously not see the massive douchery going down in your subculture?

And like Freemage, they never stick the flounce. Because they don’t actually WANT to go their own way. If they did, they’d just go ahead and do it, like the old guys in the video. Instead, they want to be enticed back, and that can be appealing in fiction, but in real life, it often gets quite tiring.

Viscaria
Viscaria

It’s like if somebody yelled at you randomly from the street “I’M NEVER MARRYING YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY GOODBYE FOREVER” and you’re like “Okay… fine?” And you expect never to see them again, but then, much to your surprise, you find they’ve bought the property next door specifically so they can scream at you when you enter your own backyard. “YOU ARE HIDEOUS! YOU DESERVE MISERY AND PAIN! HOW DARE YOU THINK AND SPEAK AND LIVE IN MY PRESENCE?!” And when you ask them to stop hurling abuse at you, they say again that they have no interest in marrying you, as if that were somehow pertinent to the issue. “WHY ARE YOU SO MAD THAT I DON’T WANT TO MARRY YOU, YOU SOULLESS HUSK?!” It’s as if they believe marrying you or constantly invading your life to make it as unpleasant as possible are the only choices they have.

theladyzombie
theladyzombie

I long for the days when the Men’s Movement was about men going out in the woods, drumming and chanting, and running around naked.

amybethwp
amybethwp

Their behavior is just like the little kid who packs a bag dramatically and declares that he is running away because he was told no. The response is supposed to be much begging and apologizing so he stays. He gets mad when that doesn’t happen and keeps up the empty threat hoping it will bring about the desired result. It doesn’t work for a little kid and it sure won’t work for a grown-ass man. If you want to go, then go. We are not in a Dr. Seuss book. No one is going to give you a bunch of ways to leave until you make up your mind. If you don’t want to go, learn the social rules that help people get along instead of pouting about how the norms don’t work the way you want. Either way, do the work and quit complaining.

RE: theladyzombie

You and me both. Apparently Robert Bly was non-douchey? I think? So I’ve been told, anyway.

gillyrosebee
gillyrosebee

Yep, if that video above is what the MGTOWs could be, this one tends to represent what they are; stalk people relentlessly so that they can pitch a wobbly for the attention.

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

This video is amazing. 😀

And the song is also very catchy.

JustAbrowngirl
JustAbrowngirl

I can’t get wrap my head around this so call MGTOW mentality (it might be my head cold but in this case I don’t think so). I have been dealt pretty shitting hands in my short life time but I don’t dwell in it for too long, I dust myself off and keep it moving. Now I not saying not be angry or hurt…by all means cry it out, kick, scream, do what you have to do, but don’t stay there for too long, or you will never move pass it. I for one try to avoid at all cost people or things that I know I have a great adverse reaction to, and I definitely don’t go out of my way to humiliate, harassed or just be plain mean to them…that will be giving them too much power over you.
One of my favorite Mark Twain quotes really says it all. Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option.

ContraPangloss
ContraPangloss

The guy with the tilted baseball cap is wonderful, and watching him dance is just happy-making.

They also all dance far better than my random flailing! If more people (girls and guys and those who defy the culturally implemented gender binary) were like these guys in this video, the world would be so amazing…

… well, as long as we take some breaks from being awesome in order to make sure we get other important things done, like jobs, eating and drinking, and sleeping.

justabrowngirl

gillyrosebee, that is hilarious… the little boy/girl is…where did you go? Don’t you see me crying here? lmao.

LBT

My secret weakness is people shamelessly enjoying themselves on the Internet. So, in keeping with men shamelessly dancing, I introduce to you: Steve Kardynal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=InYvRyX2Fu4

Steve Kardynal is a blessing granted unto humanity. He has made 100 million people happy with his Wrecking Ball video alone. Most of us can’t say as much.

justabrowngirl

LBT, I love that guy…he is awesome. Have you seen peacock by Katy Perry parody by him?

LBT

I got through Christmas because of the linked video. And yes, justabrowngirl, I’ve seen his Peacock one. That’s why my husband likes the song; he pretty much aspires to be Steve Kardynal.

ceebarks
ceebarks

Maybe that’s why they hate single women over thirtysomething so much– “MGTOW” assume “spinsters” resent men like they do women.

This is not at all true IME– I think that by the time a woman reaches her late 20s or so without suitable “spousal” prospects on the horizon, she tends to figure out she needs more going on than in her life than a fixation on romantic relationships, and starts to enjoy the upsides to the life she actually has, instead of angrily pining for one that may never pan out. (Y’know, developing some maturity! Heaven forbid.)

(In general, I would say that of my heterosexual female peers, the married ones are way crankier about men than the longterm singles. ha Could be a lifestage thing, though– married people my age also tend to have little kids underfoot and that adds *lots* of extra stress and pressure to the picture!)

Anyway, no, MGTOWers do not generally sound like they have truly accepted and made peace with their lives at all.

shayla
shayla

A bit offtopic and somewhat old but I thought this article was really interesting; it’s written by a man named Kim who couldn’t get any callbacks for his sales/engineering job applications until he added Mr. to his CV, at which point he immediately landed calls for interviews and a job.

I remember at my last job watching my supervisor cull down a list of pretty diverse qualified apps into a final group that “just happened” to seem white and male going by their names. The one who got the job got it because “he’s funny! He likes Family Guy too!” Sigh… There was never a point where anyone clenched a cigar in their teeth and growled “throw out all the applications for women and minorities” and there was nothing concrete I could point to or take to the DOL, just a subtle lack of interest for resumes bearing certain names and certain clubs. Folks just deny it happens because it’s not blatant all the time anymore and blame minority groups for supposedly not applying, but hiring bias is so real. I only got hired there myself after being grilled about my childbearing plans (illegal btw) and later discovered I had more education, more experience, and much less pay than my supervisor (who as it turned out came in on the same round of interviews as me but got hired first as division head).

markb
markb

It’s an online version of the “Men’s Couch” in Berke Breathed’s “Outland” http://home.earthlink.net/~foghornj/images/out-women.jpg.

Caroline Not-So-Sweet
Caroline Not-So-Sweet

David, you really hit the nail on the head with that post. Suffice it to say that I knew a couple of men in my own family who were authentic MGTOW and they were nothing like the men in the manosphere. They were kind, decent men who loved their families, friends (both male and female), football, baseball, had hobbies (old books, trains, fishing), traveled all over the country and lived well into their 80’s. They didn’t waste time hating and blaming their problems on others. They just decided when they were young that they didn’t want to marry or have kids and that was it. Just like some women.

markb, haha! Priceless.

LBT

Not gonna lie, I REALLY don’t look forward to trying to rejoin the “respectable” workforce. I can’t get away with just hiding my mental illness anymore, and between that and coming off as queer and having contradictory legal/apparent gender information… yeah, it’s going to be rough.

So far, I’m trying not to think too hard about that, just hammer out writeathons and art and odd jobs, but ugh, it’s going to hurt when I eventually have to give that up and be a normal human again.

justabrowngirl

shayla, It goes on all the time, it just in a very subtle way…not at all in the open, these people logic is ass backwards. Some will prefer to hire an ex con un skilled, than a qualify minority, base only on stereotype and skin color.

shayla
shayla

@justabrowngirl, Exactly… it’s so messed up. I hate that there are people who have put in the learning and the hard work but will be unfairly pushed away, and then blamed for it.

@LBT, It’s so not fair that anyone should have to understand job seeking as being stacked against them from the start, it’s already an intimidating enough experience… I don’t know where your skills and interests lie, but with freelance type internet work getting more plentiful, it’s possible you may never have to go back to the regular workforce at all. I hope I’m not coming across dismissive of your worries, just offering a silver lining.

RE: shayla

Honestly, I’m kind of hoping I CAN pull that off, but I’m trying to be pragmatic. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry wants to be a self-employed artist, but that doesn’t necessarily make it so. I don’t have formal training, don’t have a mentor, and am just pretty much throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I hope I can pull this off, just because it’s one of the few things I CAN do anymore with my sickly brain, but… well. I’m also trying to be gentle with myself and tell myself that it’s okay if I end up on disability for… well. Ever.

shayla
shayla

Ooh, art, cool! Nothing wrong at all with pragmatism, having that means you’ll be able to progress further than someone who won’t bear to look at their flaws and improve… like you say a permanent career of it is not a guarantee but it’s definitely possible, so please keep that hope.

frenchqueenthirteen

Or in Discworld terms, they’re like the Auditors of the Universe – wanting to wipe out any sign of life or individuality and reduce everything to tidily orbiting rocks. The moment they develop any personality, they cease to exist.

(Idiot wordpress, logging in my other account … )

Bina
Bina

And fortunately, they fail miserably. Look at Mikey…all he ended up doing here was providing some inadvertent hilarity.

Also, krumping Turkish dudes for the win. Especially the grandpa in the sideways hat.

kittehserf

I’m envious of those guys’ energy! I couldn’t keep dancing that long (we won’t even go into the breakdancing bit). 😀

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

I remembered an entry from last year about how MGTOWs absolutely do NOT care about women.

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

…Actually maybe “care” is the wrong word.

kittehserf

They sure don’t care in the sense of having someone’s welfare in mind, but they do in the sense of taking an interest in.

… Though in their case that’d be stretching the definition to include “obsessively hating”.

JustAbrowngirl
JustAbrowngirl

Kittehserf, what in my word did I said in my comment up there, lol. I meant to say wrap my head around their mentality… I know some of you notice it. I blame my word diarrhea on my droggy state from my sinus medicine (that my story and I’m sticking to it).

Ruby Dynamite (@rubydynamite)

A man who genuinely went his own way: Henry David Thoreau.

The MGTOWers: Whiny babies who threaten to ‘deprive’ us of their talents (solid gold semen, mammoth hunting, etc.), but never actually do it, because they still want pussy.

justabrowngirl

Ruby Dynamite (@rubydynamite) solid gold semen…are we talking about Austin Powers (Goldmember) lol.

kittehserf

LOL the gold semen’s from a post David had a while back about some dropkick calling himself LaidNYC – he was ranting on about how his seed is liquid gold. Or liquid fucking gold, I’m not sure.

Best bit was that the guy who does the sarumanangry videos did a reading of it. That garbage in Christopher Lee’s voice really is liquid gold! 😀

Haha!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

This is almost exactly the comment I was going to make. I’ll take those drumming, feelings-exploring “Iron Johns” over the current MRM any day.

kittehserf

Men’s Movement or no, a chap running around nekkid in the woods works for me anyways. 😉

Robert Ramirez

4 year old Boy: I hate you mommy! I am running away from home!

Mother: Okay, Timmy. Here, let me help you pack your toys.

4 year old Boy: Bwaaahhhhh….Mommy doesn’t love me anymore…bwahhhhhh!

Sound familiar to anyone?

Bina
Bina

Robert Bly? Uh, nyet. I think he’s the founding father of a lot of this nonsense, to be quite frank.

Plus, the image of HIM running around naked in the woods banging on a drum is not one I want to go to sleep on.

kittehserf

I’m glad to say I don’t know what Bly looks like. I think I’ll stick to the image I have of man-in-woods-sans-clothes-and-sans-drums. (Never been a fan of drums.)

sparky
sparky

Yeah, Bly’s an asshole. IIRC, his whole thesis was that men are “soft” because evil single mothers, encouraged by feminism, have destroyed their son’s self-esteem with their man-hating. And men have to find the “wild man” or whatever within their psyches in order to break free of all that woman-caused destruction.

If it were jut men drumming in the woods, bonding and having fun, it would be cool. But Bly’s definitely misogynist.

1 2 3 12