a voice for men citation needed evil women female beep boop FemRAs I am making a joke misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit

MRAs agree: Female humans deadlier, cuter than males

Females: They may LOOK innocent, but SCIENCE knows better!
Females: They may LOOK innocent, but SCIENCE knows better!

The Man Boobz Pledge Drive continues! If you haven’t already, please consider clicking the little button below and sending some bucks my way.

Thanks! (And thanks again to all who’ve already donated.) Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Some important information about females straight from the Men’s Rights subreddit:

Merari01 2 points 3 days ago (6|4)  As with any species, the female is more vicious, ruthless and agressive than the male.      permalink     source     parent     save     give gold     hide child comments  [–]oneiorosgrip 7 points 3 days ago (9|2)  Yes, and female humans have the added advantage of both a physical appearance and a social structure that facilitate female aggression by eclipsing it with the appearance or presumption of harmlessness.

I can vouch for this first-hand. I live with two females, and trust me, they can get away with anything just by giving me a look with those big round eyes of theirs — from scratching up the furniture to pooping outside the box to …

Oh, wait. We’re not talking about kitties?

Oh, female humans.

Anyway, one of the saddest things about this little exchange is that oneiorosgrip is herself a female human. Indeed, she’s actually Hannah Wallen, aka Della Burton, one of A Voice for Men’s so-called Honey Badgers. Yet she’s apparently so alienated from her own gender (and possibly her species) that she refers to her fellow women as “female humans” rather than, you know, women.

Note: Thanks to the AgainstMensRights subreddit for finding this lovely and enlightening exchange.

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

What even brought that conversation up? With no context I can only imagine…

I bet a lot of that trope is based on equating sexuality with aggression. We have a lot of language that conflates sexual intimacy with predation, and a sexually confident woman is seen as deviating from the prey role, and therefore ‘violent’. Cougars, anyone? Heaven forbid they be able to differentiate between assertiveness and actual violence when expressed by women.

Never mind that almost no healthy sexual relationship (outside of kink, mind you) has any of that predator/prey mentality in it.

Andrea Harris (@SpinsterAndCat)

Don’t you understand?!? Men may perpetuate most of the murder and war on Earth, but women make men feel bad!!! *sobs*

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Protip: holding other species to the same moral standards as you (nominally) hold humans is a scientifically indefensible thing to do.

Other bits: citation needed.

If MRAs wish to stop being called stupid, then they should just stop making stupid statements.

Ally S

Wow, I actually argued with an AVFMer? No wonder she was so damn awful.

Also, that comic linked to in that thread is so fucking off the mark it’s absurd. I have seen plenty of guys engaging in gender policing. The family members who told my older sister to stop taking karate classes because they were making her “bold and confident” were my dad and my grandfather. And the person who told my sister to stop lifting weights because muscular women have poor marriage prospects was my dad.

And if I got a dime for every time I heard a guy fetishize women of color, I would have enough money to start transitioning.

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ Ally

You made me work up the courage to clicky the link and I was actually pleasantly surprised that most of the comments on the comic were calling them out on their BS. Yay!

bekabot

Oh, wait. We’re not talking about kitties?

All that and you’ve got to open the door for them too. Is there no end to the enormity…

seleukosnicator10

Seriously? Can someone bring up some stats on the genders of murders and other violent criminals?

Why they’ll just claim gynocentric conspiracy

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Oh yeah? Well, I just spent my afternoon viciously taking advantage of the fabric land sales. All of it under the guise of innocent fashion sewing. I felt like the idea woman who runs out of the building shouting ” start the car! “

cupisnique

@Ally Family members can really really suck sometimes. MRAs like to make everything about men vs women when feminists are quite clear that part of our enculturation is learning proper ways to act and then projecting this onto other people, everyone can be guilty of it. They just try to distract people from the problem by making it all about the poor menz.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

But clearly men know better than we do what’s good for us. So you know, he’s being cruel to be kind.

cupisnique

@ auggz It’s so effed up that people literally think they are “being supportive” by warning them of the “dangers” of looking too manly! … Jebus, that guy needs a swift kick in the behind.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

He needs to be told to exit the door quickly enough to avoid being hit on the ass.

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ cupisnique

Totally. Anyone remember the gender policing happening in grade school (and even younger)? I barely remember being a bit of a freak because I liked TMNT and Transformers, but I can’t think of any specific examples. Now I have a 4 year old niece though, and it is amazingly obvious what is going on but her parents are kind of oblivious (and so are the teachers for that matter). And interestingly, when it comes to peer influence, girls police girls and boys police boys most often from what I’ve see at her school(though not always).

The rules:

-Boy things are inherently better than and more interesting than girl things.
-Boys can only EVER play with or use boy things.
-Girls must play with some girl things to be accepted, but can play with some boy things sometimes when no one is looking.
-Boys will be punished with teasing and/or social shunning if caught playing with girl things.
-Therefore, boys and boy things are good, girls and girl things are bad (read: ‘girly’).

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

I am incredibly confused. I had thought that men were naturally more aggressive and violent, and that that was a good thing! Do you mean to tell me that MRAs are hypocritical and inconsistent, decrying double-standards while creating them? Say it ain’t so! D:

Robert Ramirez

Wait…I thought that MRA’s believe that women are to weak and that their non-aggressive nature is a detriment to hunting the mammoth and now they are saying that women are better suited to hunt the mammoth because of their innate vicious nature and ruthless aggressiveness.

I am confused. Which is it?

Robert Ramirez

So instead of “Woman, go make me a samwich…”, back in the Stoned Age it was; “Woman, go hunt me a mammoth”?

vaiyt

@Ally S
“The family members who told my older sister to stop taking karate classes because they were making her “bold and confident” were my dad and my grandfather.”

Isn’t that the point?

@fromafar2013:
“-Boy things are inherently better than and more interesting than girl things.
-Boys can only EVER play with or use boy things.
-Girls will be punished with mild teasing if caught playing with boy things, because who can blame her, boy things are way cool.”

Corollary to all that: if you’re a boy and you happen to like a girl thing, you must do your damned best to dress it up as a boy thing. Case in point: MLP.

vaiyt

@Robert Ramirez

Woman = bad. Man = good. It doesn’t matter what either is doing.

Robert
Robert

The original poem by Kipling is a better read than anything these clotpolls have come up with. It even includes a reference to the dangers of childbirth (for the mother).

Bina
Bina

If that dude seriously believes the female of the species is nastier than the male, he’s obviously never smelled tomcat urine. They spray it to mark territory. And those screeching catfights you hear in the alley? Males again, duking it out over turf. And mating prospects.

And if that woman seriously believes women to be meaner and bitchier than men, she’s obviously never had one. Which I guess is very convenient for her.

Bina
Bina

And the irony is, cougars are actually quite solitary and shy, as a general rule.

But then, when did misogyny ever take note of how any species actually behaves?

bodycrimes

Hey, I’m confused here. The picture of the woman that you have up is of a woman with short hair. She looks glamorous. How can this be? According to the Manosphere, women with short hair are damaged and ugly. What am I missing?

leftwingfox

Valyt: I have to say, I was really hopeful that the MLP show, because it was so popular, would finally help break down that sort of “femmephobia”.

Nope. Instead we get MRA Bronies.

HOW?!?!?!?

dallasapple

Since when is the female of species the most ruthless ,aggressive ,and vicious ?

I thought we were hard wired to nuture and be soft and need the man for protection ?

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

You guys make me want to watch that Bronies documentary on Netflix now… morbid curiosity? Cause I love MLP, old and new, so WTH!?

dallasapple

Oh yeah and this woman ? Maybe she is the same gal I ran across on a Christian forum (I hope so ..that their would be two of them is scary ) ..that referred to the male and female as different OH wait sorry ..”races” . Sorry I got confused .The honey badger I remember said males and females were a different “race’ .At least we were the same species of animal.

dallasapple

If the female species is more aggressive then why don’t we pull the mans hair out and smack him around and call him names while ordering him to DO IT! Just because we are alpha species? Wouldn’t that be naturally what the man wants ?

barrakuduh

I don’t have a link (which makes this pretty useless), but most of my professors have repeated the statistic that most murderers are men, and most murder victims are men.

But yeah, I’ve noticed this general idea of “women are SO much more aggressive than men, haha” in the real world, too. I feel like it has something to do with movies and TV shows’ tendencies to comedically highlight and exaggerate when a female character gets angry. It’s the whole “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” thing… like, “LOL, it’s funny because she’s a woman and she’s not being demure! Get it?”

dallasapple

Female humans are more vicious ,aggressive, and ruthless than the male human because uh…I KNOW! Because your HARD ON is NOT her friggen PROBLEM!

A “female human” is vicious ,aggressive,and ruthless if she minds her own fucking business and tells you to “go away ” and “leave her alone” when all you want to do is get laid!

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barrakuduh

Actually, with all the “weak”, “stupid”, and “naturally inferior, proven by SCIENCE!” comments the manosphere usually uses to describe women, this little piece of stupid was comparatively nice to hear.

dallasapple

I think that could be part of it .But there are plenty MORE aggressive ,ruthless,vicious males depicted on T.V than women .BY FAR …and in real life its a fact men are more violent .

I think its more of a play UP on those words from personal rejection that involves not aggression ,ruthlessness, or viciousness. Just a woman rejecting them .

A really good looking women (in their eyes ) who is friendly to them ..who then turns them down for a “date ” is then an “aggressive” “ruthless” and vicious women .

dallasapple

That’s the other thing ..PICK ONE! Are women helpless and owe “everything they have to the big mammoth hunters” are are they holding the poor men at their mercy with their ruthlessness and aggression ?

I wonder if this line of thinking is when you hear some of them say ” we men are afraid to approach you .”

The first thing that flies in my head is …well then DONT ..LOL!!

Ashley

But but but…I thought only females play the victim.

melody
melody

I’m gonna leave this right here:

melody
melody

I’m aware that some of the lyrics are not okay. BTW

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

Female animals become aggressive and dangerous when you threaten their young, they arent just aggressive without a reason and because they like to pick up fights, there exists this thing called maternal aggression.

Women like human beings are definately capable of aggression and violence, but violent crimes and acts of serious violence are still predominately commited by men. Especially murders 90% of them are commited by men.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

More like “Woman, I killed this mammoth. Now skin it, cure the hide, harvest and cure the edible parts, clean the useful organs, preserve the sinews for later use, make a garment from the hide, clean up the mess so it doesn’t attract predators, and make me a sammich from the meat, while I go tell everyone about how hard I work so you don’t have to.”

melody
melody

Lol emilygoddess.
I’ve been reading some books on how women contributions were ignored throughout history. And that men would take credit for womens work too.

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

Actually in those early societies women did participate in hunting too. There is nothing really preventing women from hunting, except in the minds of misogynists, projecting their own views on other people and societies. There exists today the Agta people in the Philippines or the Aka tribes in Africa where women are hunting and men take care of babies. Those early societies were predominately egalitarian and not what those misogynists imagine.

kittehserf

Woman: Do it yourself. One hunt in how many moons? While I’ve been getting food every fucking day, making all the clothes and things we need AND raising the children?

Man: WOMEN ARE SO AGGRESSIVE!

Robert Ramirez

I don’t think consistency is something that MRA’s value very much.

kittehserf

I doubt most of ’em could even spell it.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Yep, and most can’t spell “consistency” either. 😉

kittehserf

Smarty britches! 😀

hellkell
hellkell

feMRAs seem to be making the same mistake with “Mean Girls” that MRAs do with “Sex and the City.” It’s not a documentary.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

A+, Kiwi Girl!

kittehserf

Fetch the smelling salts, Mum just said to Fribs “I have my own life to lead y’know.”

Insubordination! Insurrection!

Ally S

Completely OT but this is making me furious:

Countless Tumblr users, many of whom are anti-feminists and MRAs, are reblogging the shit out of a post doxxing a victim of child prostitution and other egregious forms of abuse because she posted a video in which she confessed to being forced to engage in human trafficking and sexually abuse other girls. Everything she did was under the threat of murder and abuse yet no one fucking cares about that ~small detail~. They want her personal information to be disseminated, which will result in her being in danger of being murdered by the abusers who are after her.

Abusers. Lobby.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

..a social structure that facilitate female aggression by eclipsing it with the appearance or presumption of harmlessness

Is this kind of like how MRA social structure facilitates stupid by eclipsing it with the appearance of science and pretentious words?

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

@Ally S: To paraphrase david: “The 21st centuries greatest human rights movement folks”. Seriously though, fuck all those shitheads. I hope they fall into a vomitorium.

1 2 3 4