announcements kitties pledge drive

Pledge Drive: Fluffy Cat Rolling In Money Edition!

catmakeitrain
Making it rain

Welcome to the First Quarter Man Boobz Pledge Drive 2014: Fluffy Cat Rolling In Money Edition!

To repeat my simple pitch from my previous pledge drives: If you enjoy this blog, and can afford it, please click on the “donate” button below and send a few bucks my way. Or, if you’d prefer, a lot of bucks. You don’t need a PayPal account to donate; you can use a credit card, and there are other options as well. If you’re outside the US, PayPal should be able to handle your weird foreign money.

I appreciate any and all contributions. Of course, if you’re broke and can’t swing a contribution now, I understand. Really.

Your donations — and other forms of support –keep this blog going, by keeping me going. (Yes, the money goes to me. And my cats.)

Enormous thanls to everyone who donated during the last pledge drive. (I know I didn’t get back to everyone personally, and I apologize.) Thanks as well to those who’ve donated since the last pledge drive, and extra special thanks to those who’ve made a point of donating on a regular basis.

Man Boobz has now received more than 13 million page views since its inception on Blogger in 2010. Even more impressive: you all have posted close to 400,000 comments. The community that’s grown up around this blog is, as always, amazing to me. I couldn’t do it without you.

catgirl
catgirl

I’ll give you a dollar for the cat.

Ally S

I would love to donate, but I can no longer afford to drain my savings. I have so little that even a 15$ donation would put a huge dent in my savings. Sorry about that. I hope the pledge drive goes well.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

No David, thanls you!
Thanls you so much.

grumpycatisagirl

That picture makes me want to throw dollar bills at every cat from now on.

dallasapple

Thank you David, I love what you do !

Brooked
Brooked

I’ll give five dollars for the cat!

Unless this isn’t a cat auction and that isn’t your cat, in which case I’ll make a donation instead.

dallasapple

I think that cat could buy me . I swear her ass is laying on a $100 bill LOL!!!

I’ll send you some money on Thursday when it’s payday. 🙂

That is a beautiful cat, although that phtase is an oxymoron.

twincats
twincats

You make me laugh, you make me cry, you have the best commentariat evar* so consider this donation MY thanks to YOU!

*and I haven’t even cracked the archives yet!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Dallasapple, I think it’s a $20.

dallasapple

@Dallasapple, I think it’s a $20.

O.K well then …she can at least take me to dinner or something .(wink)

Falconer

Nope, there’s definitely a benjamin near the intersection of the black lines on the carpet pattern.

Here’s where I write a beautiful parody of AVfMers calling David a hypocrite because he holds pledge drives, like he yelled at Saint Elam for holding and then taking the moneys for himself, but I can barely think straight right now.

leftwingfox

I think I can send a few Sir Wilfred Lauriers your way tonight.

dallasapple

Ha! I was right ! I knew I could spot one of those ,even under a kitty cats behind!

serrana
serrana

My usual has been sent your way. Also, I give you a cat playing with a squirrel.

freemage
freemage

Kiwi girl | January 24, 2014 at 12:41 pm
I’ll send you some money on Thursday when it’s payday. 🙂

That is a beautiful cat, although that phtase is an oxymoron.

I think/hope you meant to say that that phrase is a redundancy–an oxymoron would mean you think that no cats are beautiful….

Kiwi girl

@freemage, yep, clearly not enough coffee this morning! Yes, you are right, and thanks for the correction. I need to step away from the keyboard….

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

Good to see that the site is doing well! You do damn fine work here David, I would hate to see the site disappear. Sad to say I am flat broke until I get my tax return or a job, so I have nothing to give. I hope my emotional support is enough. XD

Anenome
Anenome

Few bucks sent over DF.

Um, can I be a bit direct and ask that we get the 2013 MRA Yearly Round-Up??

It was sooo good last year

Oh man, yeah, we need the round-up!

GenderTraitor

Well now that feminism is all about helping men and women and calling to attentino the erasing of victims.

Robert Ramirez

I just love how MRA’s think it is everybody’s job to do their work for them while they do absolutely nothing but whine and moan on the internet how bad things are for them.

grumpycatisagirl

“When are you going to start calling out how male victims get erased in the media?”

I’m very curious to see your examples of this happening. Please share.

Kiwi girl

@Robert, I know, it’s like they picked a “whine and moan” skill tree and put no points into the “being a nice human being” skill tree.

Advanced “whine and moan” gives +5 for irritating, but they get -20 initiative. So really not worth it.

Ally S

Feminism is about abolishing the oppression of women and all other non-men. It doesn’t focus on men, even though some feminist discourse is about the ways men are disadvantaged by patriarchal power relations.

This blog is for mocking misogynists, not writing about social issues. And even if it were about social issues, MRAs should be the ones focusing on the erasure of male victims in the media.

GenderTraitor

You mean when the gender of the victim isn’t mentioned because the journalist knows the reader will assume they are male, because, for example, they are prisoners of war or combatants

How about civilians?

And as if journalists work that way. You know they don’t . They create stories that can be sold as drama. It’s much more horrific to the public when women are slaughtered. That’s why they mention it whenever they can.

Also, why is it my job to do things for MRAs

Not MRAs. MEN you fucktard. And it became your Job as soon as you called yourself a feminist and proclaimed feminism is for both men and women.

GenderTraitor

I’m very curious to see your examples of this happening. Please share.

How about this: http://www.feministcritics.org/blog/2014/01/23/report-reveals-massive-gendercide-against-men-news-media-barely-notice-noh/

GenderTraitor

Feminism is about abolishing the oppression of women and all other non-men.

Then it can’t be about equality. Because, as long as you only focus on one side, you can’t know how much worse the other might have it.

GenderTraitor

And the fact that some people here are just making fun of issues raised, just goes to show what Kind of people you are.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

I accidentally kicked Pan because I didn’t realize he was sleeping by my feet. Is he an invisible male victim? Or not, because he’s the tabby boy in my avatar?

cupisnique

I’m so jealous of everyone that has cats 🙁

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

cupisnique: I feel you. I have my first “real” job and my own apartment, but when I was college, that was four years where I only saw my (parents’) pets on breaks–and sometimes not even then. I missed them 🙁

Kiwi girl

Boring troll is boring. Interesting random capitalisation of single words, and random capitalisation of initial letters of words. Boring troll missed their true calling of type-setting advertisements for potions in the 19th century.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

“The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor…”
You can look up the rest of the quote yourself. It should explain why Feminism is not now, nor ever has been, about equality, but rather liberation and justice.

Kiwi girl

@cupisnique, I will pet our cats extra times and tell them that those pets are from you. 🙂

cupisnique

aww thanks Kiwi!

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

O/T (but maybe this will scare away the trolls) but I finally managed to get off my duff and track down a health care center. (I’ll say this for HMOs: they make it easy to find the phone number to call to get an appointment). #1 on my list is getting back on birth control–preferably not the pill, since I’m terrible at taking it on time. The three versions I’m considering are a hormonal IUD, the implant, or the shots. Does anyone here have experience with these?

cupisnique

I was on the shot when I was a teenager, wasn’t a big fan because it really messed up my period but it’s different for everyone. Also I got off of it because it apparently made it harder to absorb calcium.

GenderTraitor

And THAT, assholes, is the reason why you don’t deserve to have your comments read. Any actual attempt to reason with you about a very serious problem results in ignorance and shaming of the kind demonstrated above.

You just don’t have anything to say that has any value. You just wank with your keyboards. That’s all. And here on this thread, is the evidence for it (thanks btw. I’ll use it for future reference)

Have a great day 🙂

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Criminy Trolly McTrollerson, do you even know what blog you are on? Read what it says at the top of the screen before you expire of all that umbrage you are taking.

Ally S

Feminism is very similar to other social justice movements: it focuses on the side that is oppressed because it is that side which has the disadvantages. Likewise, anti-racists focus on people of color because only people of color are oppressed by racism. The same can be said for queer rights advocacy, which focuses on queer people because non-queer people are not oppressed because of their heterosexuality.

If you think that feminism’s assumption about the status of women in society is wrong, that’s another issue. In any case, the assumption is necessarily egalitarian. The same can be said for a men’s rights movement based on the assumption that women are privileged and men are oppressed.

opheliamonarch

@David, thank you for Man Boobz, we appreciate how difficult it must be to sift through all that MRA hate. You are fabulous. We will send you a donation on pay day (it’ll be bigger that way.)

A video for the dark lord:

Look at the massive kitty!

grumpycatisagirl

Some people’s definition of “actual attempt to reason” seem very odd to me.

Kiwi girl

Is it that other troll that was obsessed with wanking? Because, word. And like I care about being quoted out of context, that’s all MRAs do.

New definitions:
ignorance: not paying attention to sentences spewed by trolls.
shaming: pointing out the obvious.

MRA trolls can’t be shamed, if they could, they wouldn’t write and think what they do. QED.

1 2 3 5