alpha males boner rage creepy empathy deficit evil sexy ladies mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys reddit the enigma that is ladies

When you assume: A “Nice Guy” launches a pre-emptive strike

Sexy buff party guys
Sexy buff party guys

So I’ve been reading Reddit’s CreepyPMs subreddit a lot lately, where the recipients of bizarre and, well, creepy personal messages share them with the world. As you might imagine, some of the creepiest come from complete strangers on dating sites, like the following message received by a young woman on MeetMe, who put up a profile stating that she was looking for friends only (she already has a boyfriend) and that she would talk to anyone.

Well, one young man didn’t quite believe her, and sent this message:

assume

He doesn’t judge, huh? That’s the most judgy non-judgemental message I’ve ever seen.

If you haven’t already checked out CreepyPMs, go take a look. You can lose hours in there.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

One day, when I actually get off my ass to amalgamate my various on-line identities, I’m going to use the the nym SexyBuffPartyGuy. Because it is awesome.

shayla
shayla

Aaah, just another manipulation tactic, get her to jump and prove “no I’m better than the people who mistreated you!” Playing with a person just for a shot at a date…

ignotussomnium
ignotussomnium

Is this like a reverse neg? Is he hoping that someone will see this childish self-important whining and try to convince him he’s actually a good person? Because he isn’t, and it won’t happen.

Lili Fugit
Lili Fugit

SexyBuffPartyGuys 4EVAH!

But more seriously, “also I don’t judge really” is just his way of explaining he has no ability to judge. You know, reality, and the meaning of “friends only”.

cassandrakitty

Trying to figure out which British actor sexy buff party guy on the far left reminds me of…

I’m glad I’m not the only one who enjoys rubbernecking at Creepy PMs.

Bina
Bina

Hello, lovely Chippendales guys. Fancy meeting YOU here!

I’m sorry…what was the creeper saying? All the cuteness drowned it out.

CL
CL

Yes, that’s a very respectful comment. The epitome of shooting yourself in the foot.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

It’s shooting yourself in the foot and then yelling at someone about how they never consider people with a gunshot foot.

rjjspesh
rjjspesh

lol WOW

eli
eli

Hey, I saw those guys on the Amazing Race. My mom loves that show!

He says he’s just looking for friends…she says she’s just looking for friends…and he’s somehow morally superior in this situation…?

cassandrakitty

I wonder if he does this in restaurants and coffee shops and stuff.

“I bet you only serve sexy buff party guys with lots of money. If you agree to serve me too I’m going to laugh so hard! But you won’t because you only serve sexy buff party guys with lots of money.”

serrana
serrana

Cassandrakitty, the guy on the left reminds me a bit of Daniel Craig. Is that who he reminds you of?

Also, I think “I don’t judge” the new “I won’t hurt you.”

serrana
serrana

I dropped an “is” when I was writing that sentence up there.

cassandrakitty

It’s not Daniel Craig, I think the person is either a Londoner or a Geordie? He’s played the macho dude role in a lot of British movies.

sparky
sparky

Nothing quite says “I’m a confident person who is secure in my own skin” like preemptively attacking someone for rejecting you before they’ve even met you.

But to be fair, Sexy Buff Party Guys are fun to talk to.

Kim
Kim

Jason Statham?

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

He looks a little like Jason Statham.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Dang, ninja’d while googling! I kept getting directed to some guy on a Real Housewives show.

Bina
Bina

But to be fair, Sexy Buff Party Guys are fun to talk to.

And in what will come as a terrible shock to Mr. Nice Guy™, they often turn out to be bright and have lovely personalities, too! Good looks and intelligence and personality are not mutually exclusive in a man, after all! Horrors!

cassandrakitty

That’s the one! I haven’t actually seen any of his movies, just remembered the face.

cassandrakitty

Though there are other actors who look like that too. Dude has a very English face.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Because this is Manboobz, and nothing is off topic, here is a new video of my kitten Jade, and what happens when she forgets her tongue. Don’t worry about the bites–she didn’t bite down, mostly just sucked on my hand. She does that a lot.

cassandrakitty

Aw, kitty. They look so ridiculous with their tongues sticking out like that.

JustAbrowngirl
JustAbrowngirl

So what I got from his message was…

I’m just going to write you a message I don’t mean and expect you to read my mind. I’m going to let you figure it out. Eventually you will figure it out. I expect an undeserved guilty reply from you; for misjudging me but, your effort will be in vain. Why? (Motherfucking mind games, that why).

And he is one of the many reasons I stay away from dating site.

justabrowngirl

wordsp1nner, I’m allergic to kitties but I admired them from far away. Very cute, silly kitty you have there.

ignotussomnium
ignotussomnium

Aww, what a cute kitty. My old cat used to do that. Just walk around with her tongue out. Silly dears.

Kim
Kim

Can’t believe you’ve never seen any of his movies. I’ve liked almost everything he’s done, but the classic is Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels. It’s got a wonderfully convoluted plot that really works.

Robert
Robert

I’ll bet his Dale Carnegie certificate is framed and mounted.

justabrowngirl

Kim, my favorite is the transporter.

Bina
Bina

I love it when cats get so busy cleaning themselves that at the end, they can’t even pull in their tongues anymore. Silly puddies.

Kim
Kim

@justabrowngirl
I love The Transporter series too. Favourite fight scene is the one with the fire hose. Most original fight scene I had seen in a long time.

kittehserf

“You consider me a shitty disgrace to this earth”

“You consider me a laughing matter”

Well, yes, dude, but not for the reasons you think.

kittehserf

Jade!!!eleventy1! She has all the power of cute.

Bina
Bina

“You consider me a shitty disgrace to this earth”

“You consider me a laughing matter”

Well, yes, dude, but not for the reasons you think.

Pre-emptive rejection…it’s the latest PUA neg. Think it’ll catch on?

justabrowngirl

Kim, I’m a action adventure type girl. My favorite scene was the car chase, when fleeting from the police after the bank robbery.

kittehserf

I think it might, Bina. Saves us the bother of rejecting them if they do it themselves. The self-rejecting PUA could be a worthwhile development, but it needs work. This one was too long-winded.

AIT
AIT

The only way I can see those two lines fitting in his message is if he’s doing a terrible job conveying he’s quoting her. If we throw quotes around the second and third paragraphs, then it reads a little more like it’s all one voice. That said, yes, he’s incredibly judgmental and creepy at best.

Bina:

It may not last long, because it’ll probably not work the way they want.

justabrowngirl

Bina, they really belief in the whole reverse psychology thing (that might work with younger children’s) but, the problem is…thier high expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what they actually want…is at best ass backwards.

skybison
skybison

Whenever I think I’m incapable of getting a date and am generally a hopeless loser, I remember these Nice Guys and know that I’m really not that bad.

PS random cat related question, are the people here fans of hairless sphinx cats, or do you call them ugly because of furonormative standards of adorableness like everyone else I know.

justabrowngirl

Jeez, I meant to write (their).

marinaliteyears

..what?

this guy Is like.. trying to preemptively play mind games, without being any good at them. what the hell? Either that, or he has taken MRA attitudes to heart and is assuming her entire personality without even talking to her once.

I mean, he is trying to say “oh woe is me, I will assume your going to reject me, And now the ball is in your court, prove me wrong, and of COURSE this isn’t a dick move, because i’m calling YOU names, not me!”

marinaliteyears
marinaliteyears

@Justabrowngirl
I Think hairless sphinx cats are both kind of ugly and extremely adorable. At the same time. Its like, the kind of ugly enhances the adorable.. least for me.

Bina
Bina

The self-rejecting PUA could be a worthwhile development, but it needs work.

It’ll probably take longer to develop one of those than it did my self-cleaning oven. The self-rejecting PUA sounds more like something out of Jakov Smirnov’s “Soviet Russia” sketches. “In Nice Guy™ Russia, PUA reject YOU!”

justabrowngirl

Skybison, I actually would like to get one, their the only breed I’m able to be around without getting an allergic attack (my aunt has a black one, name Onyx )… and I think they are cute. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

I grew up with devon rexs, which are like curly-haired versions of sphinxes, and one of our has a bare belly (which is adorable), so I like them.

I also agree with marinaliteyears, the ugly enhances the adorable. Also, I love the fact that they always look kind of grumpy–so does one of my parent’s devon rexs, though she’s really a low-key, very friendly cat. (If she’s on the blanket, you can pick her up and put her on your lap. It’s the best.)

justabrowngirl

wordsp1nner, I call them grumpy old man face, (lol).

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

For reference, this cat is not my parents’ cat, but looks a hell of a lot like her:

opheliamonarch

Lovely Jade. 🙂

And lovely Sphynx! I have been wanting to get a Sphynx kitty for ages, occasionally I resort to spamming Mr M with Sphynx kitty pics, he says they’re scary. I use the freakiest pictures I can find and have told him they won’t stop until we get one. I call this ‘Sphamming’.

Re Jason Statham, just saw ‘Snatch’ (it’s on Lovefilm at the moment) sooo much better than I was expecting, really funny.

Also, Mr M always gets told he’s like him, that or Grant Mitchell (Eastenders).
Unfortunately that means everyone thinks he’s an ‘alpha’ macho man, when he’s really a fuzzy headed sweety.

Luvly fuzzy hubby.

justabrowngirl

wordsp1nner, Lol. He/she was…that will be enough of that. Haha!

1 2 3 7