a woman is always to blame antifeminism armageddon dozens of upvotes drama kings evil women grandiosity matriarchy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men playing the victim racism reactionary bullshit the spearhead transphobia western women suck your time will come

The Apocalypse of the Other Jim: How Lorde and Lena Dunham are destroying Western Civilization, allegedly

Lorde: Harbinger of doom?
Lorde: Harbinger of doom?

So over on The Spearhead, the fellas are discussing pop star and self-professed feminist Lorde — no, really — and, well, I have some bad news for you all. Apparently we’re about to be taken over by Barbarian tribes. No, really — again. Blame Lorde, Lena Dunham, Lady Gaga, and of course Sex & the City. Among others.

According to a comment-cum-manifesto from The Other Jim, which won itself a couple of dozen upvotes from The Spearhead’s highly civilized readers, Lorde’s feminism

is merely symptomatic of the fact that we live in what can only be called, ‘The Fem-Centric Reality” … Where the culture of the West caters to female desires. Thus, it’s why we see movies, tv, books, music, etc. targeting women(with the govt. legally and economically empowering women eg Title IX, Lilly Ledbetter, etc.), but more importantly appealing to their innermost desires.

It’s why we’ve seen the popularity of such things like ‘Sex & the City’, ’50 Shades of Grey’, ‘Rom-Com’ movies and shows, ‘Girls’, ‘Dancing With the Stars’, ‘The Bachelor/ette’, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, ‘Grrll-Power’ Heroines like Jennifer Lawrence in the ‘Hunger Games’, ABC News, the ‘War on Women’, etc. All of it catering to the fleeting whims and desires of women. Thus, we all live in ‘Chick-World’. *

So, the ‘Fem-Centric Reality’ is the dominant cultural force in the West right now. Of course, it won’t last, nothing ever does, but the price it will exact from Western Civilization will likely help in usher in a cultural, if not civilizational collapse as the Barbarian tribes surrounding the West see the weakness the Fem-Centric Reality engenders and are patiently waiting to take over a weaker civilization.

So there’s that.

Jim ends with this, well, intriguing theory about trans women:

* It’s also why we’re seeing more MTF transsexuals in the public eye, IMO due to a form of Stockholm Syndrome whereby some men aren’t merely sympathizing with the hostage takers(women & the FemCentric Reality), they’re trying to become the hostage takers(women) and be at the center of the FemCentric Reality where the benefits are quite generous.

Fellas: just make sure to get your transition in before the barbarians take over, if you want to enjoy the lady benefits while you still can!

kittehserf

Look, look, something much more fun than Dunce – a new Shorty and Kodi vid!

hellkell
hellkell

So Dumb Scrote is MR. Al?

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

They are talking about barbarians overruning the west because according to them feminism is responsible for the fall of Rome. They are convinced that every civilization that allows women even the slightest freedoms is doomed to fail and be overrun by a more patriarchal one. They however lament the fact that this time feminism is a global thing, so like I said they’d probably hope for aliens to strike the earth.

kittehserf

I reckon he is. He admits to being Pro Patriarchal Truthiness, and I’m pretty sure that dumbass is just one of Mr Al’s characters.

sparky
sparky

I am a bit interested to know how, exactly, MRA’s are going to form a “short term alliance” with 50 Shades of Grey, a book. How exactly does one to about negotiating terms with a book? ‘Cause, y’know, I’d really like to negotiate a peace deal between Moby Dick and Jane Eyre. They’ve been in engaged in a Cold War on my bookshelve since ’95, and I think it’s time for it to end. I also think A Tale of Two Cities would be a good third-party neutral negotiator, as its a book both respect, but I’m not quite sure how to approach any of them to actually get this process started.

kittehserf

I don’t think 50 Shades would want an alliance with MRAs. It can’t be much fun having your pages stuck together.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Did this guy mistake Game of Thrones for reality? Does he think a hoard of Dothraki screamers is coming? Led by a misandrist with dragons or whatever?

They totally think that this is what will happen if women are allowed to have any societal power.

Robert Ramirez

I’m sorry you have to listen to these people Jesus.

I think Jesus stop listening to MRA’s at the beginning…or he is puking his eternal guts out at their stupidity.

cupisnique

“I was a feminist man when I discovered this site, but the more I read, the more I’m realizing that MRA has some good points about the destruction of civilization. Especially the more traditionalist parts as opposed to the PUA nonsense.”

LOL and then you spout off some MRA utter nonsense, oookkkaaayyyy. Sorry if I’m calling BS on that. If you actually can swallow MRA garbage and call it filet mignon you were not a feminist.

“I speak these opinions as a non-racist person who is respected by all women I know personally. I am providing a venue for thought experiments and postmodern idea/content generation.”

That is literally gibberish, what does that even mean?

kittehserf

Ha, the Dark Lord has struck and Dumbass McScrotum has been banned yet again.

Kim
Kim

That is literally gibberish, what does that even mean?

It means “I am privileged and have no problems, so I am going to treat everyone else’s real problems as a fun philosophical game”

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Dude is pretty obvious, though, not sure why everyone isn’t clocking him as a lulz troll right from the first comment under the name of the day.

cupisnique

“Relevance is a concept long forgotten by our hedonistic society until it is trotted out for selected reasons.”

This sounds like one of those computer programs that generates random sentences that sound like they mean something, but are total nonsense.

Like this:

Pootwattle’s thought-provoking inquiry into the relationship between the poetics of the gendered body and the fallacy of the image suffers from all the disadvantages that it inherits from its intellectual predecessors.

The de-eroticization of cultural reproduction is associated with the engendering of praxis.

kittehserf

I’m pretty sure PPT Dumbass is just another of Mr Al’s socks using various IPs. The style’s the same.

He’s lost it since the days of Steele, though, and ‘fessing up so soon … nah, you’re never going to get another Troll of the Year that way, sonny.

leatapp
leatapp

I like how Dunce Scrotus tries to rub other people’s noses in the big steaming pile of his anti-feminist opinions.

kittehserf

I wonder what all those”women who respect him” would say if they knew he was a pathetic troll who can’t resist repeatedly returning here?

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

His poor mom, can you imagine knowing your kid turned out like that? She should disown him.

aitasc
aitasc

Argenti:

All I need now is a blockquote monster attack, then the initiation ritual shall be complete!

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

May I just say how delighted I am with the idea that “feminism burst on the scene”?
Criminy!

Bina

I was a feminist man when I discovered this site,

Cool story, bro. Yet, strangely, I don’t believe you. Now why is that?

Ah yes, “traditionalism”. The last refuge of bigotry, that is. If you were ever a feminist man for real, you’d not bother defending that horseshit. You would know right away that it is nothing but backwardness, not intellectual diversity. THIS is why I don’t believe your cool story, bro.

I also see how judgmental you all are toward women who disagree with feminism or show some sort of other bigotry.

“How dare you be so intolerant of intolerance, you intolerable shrews! I judge you to be overly judgmental of judgy bigots!”

It seems that feminists want to curtail the self-expression of dissident women; therefore, feminism may actually be causing women to lose rights in some sense.

Ppppppppfffffft. Those “dissident women” aren’t being “curtailed” in the least. They are being deservedly criticized (and debunked) by feminists exercising THEIR right to self-expression. If a “dissident woman” trips up, she has nothing but her too-long traditional skirts to blame. Feminists didn’t plot to make her catch her toes in the hem. We will, however, laugh at the ensuing pratfall.

I am not a fan of Katie Perry or Fifty Shades, but if feminists criticize them, perhaps MRA traditionalists should make a short-term alliance with them?

>shrug< If they want to make even bigger asses of themselves than they already are, who am I to stop them? More pratfalls for me to point and laugh at! And more discredit to them in the long run. As it is, no one with more than two brain cells to rub together takes any of them seriously…

Feminists always enjoy destroying valuable traditions, even those of their own creation.

Care to name any?

Bigotry of some sort is inevitable. Women are just as bigoted as men, and therefore, women should have the right to it. The fact that feminists place higher value on coalitions with political partners (homosexuals and trans etc), as opposed to the concerns of mainstream women, is rather interesting.

Who you calling “mainstream”, Dunce? And no, no one has the right to bigotry. Bigotry is a privilege, and as such, must die. Unmourned, as befits bullshit.

I’m not a feminist man anymore.

Correction: You never were. Your latent stupidity merely decided to come out and play when your “feminist” pretend-games failed to net you enough hot chicks. Be honest now.

Bullshit. You defended bigotry as a “right”, which no actual non-racist person does. Your “thought experiments and postmodern idea/content generation” is another way of saying you’re engaging in bafflegab in a futile attempt to distract us from the fact that you are defending old and outmoded prejudices. Your pseudo-intellectual flailing isn’t fooling anyone. As for the women you “know personally”, they may be polite to your face, but behind your back they undoubtedly call you “that pompous ass”.

I see though how Christina Hoff is attacked for her dissident work. What would happen to her if we moved toward a more feminist society?

Her disingenuous bullshit would be consigned to the dustbins of history…where it belongs.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Trolls never mean what they say, yanno, they’re just offering up some thought experiments. Criminy!

Bina

Oh one more thing; note that trans women and lesbians are often bigoted toward nonwhites, and poor nonwhite women are often anti-gay. So much for the great coalition against patriarchy.

Because non-white and LGBT are mutually exclusive. You can be of color, or queer, but never both. Uh-huh. Surrrrrrrrrrre.

And in other Dunce news, LGBT black people like Pam Spaulding can’t exist, because of the Law of Color/Queerness Mutual Exclusion!

I was going to say that was funny, but it wasn’t. It was boring. Do note that the unstuck double flounce does accumulate double deductions, though.

Argenti Aertheri

“is that the right number, Argenti?”

Sorta, it’s 10x the general population for trans people in general. Most are trans women of color though, so yeah.

AIT — he blockquote monster is like any sort of alarm — just when you think all is clear it’ll strike (how my brother didn’t set the fire alarm off earlier is beyond me, that was some fucking BURNT toast)

AIT
AIT

Pbbt. Thought experiments. My ass. Unless he means experimenting with stringing together increasingly assorted bigot buzzwords/taglines to see if they still make any sense.

This isn’t multiplication, where two negatives multiplied equals a positive. It’s English.

Folks, this trollbait is stale.

Bina

Everything’s a “thought experiment” to smug jackasses who want to keep their privileges intact, and are willing to deploy disingenous buffoonery in defence of the indefensible. It’s like he wants to rub our noses in his steaming heap: “It’s just a Thought Experiment, calm down, you silly bitch! Don’t get hysterical, now!”

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Seriously, folks, this one is a lulz troll. He is a misogynist, no doubt about that, but all the specific stuff he says is just designed to get a rise out of people. There’s no debate to be had here, just a troll wanking over the idea of upsetting women.

Lady Mondegreen

When was the last time you heard the word “humanism” outside of someone arguing that feminists and anti-racists should shut up?

Yeah, almost daily. Between volunteering for my local Center for Inquiry branch (CFI-LA) (CFI supports their affiliate, the Council for Secular Humanism–[Hi, Z! *waves*]), and reading several bloggers at Freethought Blogs (in particular, PZ Myers–“Pharyngula”–and Ophelia Benson–“Butterflies and Wheels”) I get hefty doses of a humanism which embraces feminism and anti-racism.

BTW, in May, in Alexandria, Virginia, USA, CFI is putting on this awesome feminist conference:

–and you should all come if you possibly can. I went last year and it was WONDERFUL. This will be the third WiS conference, and they really need support. (Hint: some people thought last year’s conference was “too radical.”)

Among this year’s speakers: Katha Pollitt and Barbara Ehrenreich.

(No they’re not paying me. But seriously, it’s an awesome feminist conference and it deserves your support and you should all go. And yes they talk about intersectionality and fighting racism too.)

Sorry for the semi-derail. I’ll step off the soapbox now, it’s windy up here.

DAVID, YOU SHOULD GO TO WiS3!!! You could meet all the people.

Lady Mondegreen

Forgive me if somebody has already pointed this out, but my laptop is very borky tonight and there’s no point in trying to do more than skim older comments because the tricksy bastid is gonna to freeze up on me again ANY MINUTE.

Anyhoo, re:

…we live in what can only be called, ‘The Fem-Centric Reality” … Where the culture of the West caters to female desires. Thus, it’s why we see movies, tv, books, music, etc.

Nuh-uh.

Bina

My guess is they’re simply going to wank over the worst passages of it, then grumble to each other about what feminist hate propaganda it is. Then wank some more, sobbing, before sinking into an exhausted sleep, filled with ragey dreams of evil sexy women.

this one is between perspectives
this one is between perspectives

Argenti Aertheri: Oh woe is me, feminism no longer panders to white middle class cis women, whatever shall we do?!

ummm…rejoice?….ya, my vote is on rejoice.

Mejas
Mejas

Tsk tsk, as if you don’t do it yourselves. Why else would this site exist in the first place, eh?

Carlito
Carlito

But I am worried about the barbarians, like the Goths. Pretty scary looking crowd with all their tats and piercings. And then there are their friends the Visigoths. These are not to be confused with the Visa Goths, who terrorize by maxing out their credit cards.

(sorry I couldn’t resist that one.)

vaiyt

@Mejas

Do what? Rejoice? Pander to white middle class cis women? Troll with the thought experiment excuse?

Robert Ramirez

The thing about Duns’ little theory about how anti-traditionalism was the force behind the Fall of Rome and will prove to be THE END OF CIVILIZATION HAS WE KNOW IT!!!, if one researches the whole Fall of Rome (like I have), one discovers that the Fall occurred because Rome was too traditionalist and refuse to change with the changing world around it and that it was it’s conservatism that weaken it.

Oh gee, lemme think…

Can you read the header of this page? There’s your answer, turdblossom.

sparky
sparky

Mejas is not very bright. Which probably why his attempt at trolling makes no sense.

vaiyt

It could be said that it was inevitable that Rome would either disappear as an entity, or change so much as to be unrecognizable in all but name.

Argenti Aertheri

Vaiyt — fuck, it did that before it fell, my Classical Latin is basically useless for most later Latin. Sure, plenty of the language is the same, but the changes are mind bending.

this one is between perspectives — you can just call me Argenti btw, and ramen to that rejoicing!

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

I always remember “What caused the fall of Rome?” to be a trick question. The long answer of which has implications for the modern US and very little to do with barbarians.

dallasapple

I think it’s perfectly wonderful to say “I care for all humans” but when that sentiment is not paired with “and there are some types of humans whose wellbeing have been neglected and need more focus” then that is very foolish and makes you look like you can’t stand movements that don’t include you as a beneficiary. Triage doctors care for all patients but they still need to devote more and faster care to the worst wounded.

I agree but you can’t explain that without the response being “see you aren’t really about equality then.”

You’re accused of marginalizing /minimizing men’s issues. No its not marginalizing or minimizing when sorry the issues are NOT as serious/urgent,well in that sense sure it is , just like triage saying they will treat a person bleeding to death before they will treat someone with a broken arm. The worst part about it though is that they want YOU to divide equal time/resources to their less serious for the most part (IMHO) at least the ones they go on about in comparison, just even by sheer #’s effected, or the amount of suffering involved, when THEY as is pointed out over and over aren’t doing a damn thing towards those very issues themselves but complaining. Worse when it reaches a point when the suggestions /what is the solution to some serious issues is to make that issue just as BAD for women rather than better for men as the “equalizer” its gotten pretty obvious what the real intent is.

And some of the issues they have ? They aren’t even a violation of their rights or any kind of sweeping discrimination of men as group just because they are men .Its things they want personally that are up to the personal choices of other human beings .Like at what age to get married .Or to choose using personal discretion who you have sex with.

Bina

“Collapsed under its own imperialist weight” usually does fine for me.

kittehserf

I’m hearing “What caused the fall of Rome?” in John Cleese’s voice.

Can’t imagine why.

Robert
Robert

And, of course, the creation of the latifundia (huge landed estates), owned by patricians and worked by slaves. The sturdy Italic peasantry that had formed the bulk of the legions since the days of the Republic were driven off the land and became an underemployed urban proletariat. Hence the need for bread and circuses, as well as staffing the legions with imperfectly Romanized barbarians. Then came Christianity to complete the vitiation of the Roman virtues (defined by Will Cuppy as pietas, gravitas, and adultery).

Or we can say it was the queers. Right?

kittehserf

NOOOOOOOO you’ll have LBT posting stuff about the g0ys and how Anal Sex Destroyed Rome!

Anyone heard from LBT, btw? It’s a few days since they posted.

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — he just moved to Ohio, I can poke him if you want, but I’m assuming I’d have heard if things were shitty, even if it was just Sneak saying they’d be back eventually.

Pietas, gravitas and adultery, love it!

kittehserf

I knew he’d moved, and came down with the flu very nastily just after that. Hope this is just a rest time after all that!

AIT
AIT

Argenti:

Do you know what part of Ohio? I personally grew up in the Southwestern part of Ohio. Not a bad place if you ask me. Everyone else always complained about it being too boring. I didn’t mind it being a quiet place.

alternatesteve90

@AIT: BTW, if you’re from Southwest OH, have you ever had Cincinnati-style chili? I’ve been wanting to try some for a while…..=)