are these guys 12 years old? citation needed domestic violence empathy deficit evil women grandiosity mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny oppressed men that's completely wrong women's jobs aren't real

Men Going Their Own Way blather endlessly about how women won’t shut up

Sorry, gals! You'll never be as blabby as Men Going Their Own Way
Sorry, gals! You’ll never be as blabby as Men Going Their Own Way

So the nice gentlemen over on MGTOWforums are trying to get to the bottom of what they see as a very important question: Why Can’t They Ever Shut Up?

Unfortunately, they’re not asking this question about their fellow Men Going Their Own Way and their tendency to blather on and on about the manifold evils of women. No, they’re talking about women and their alleged inability to shut up. And they have some, well, interesting theories to share.

NonNegotiable offers these highly scientific thoughts:

I have a hypothesis that women possess a gland that produces mindless chatter, like the liver produces bile, and if they don’t constantly vent it, it builds up in their system & becomes toxic. The healthy venting of toxic chatter facilitated the invention of cell-phones & texting, allowing women to mindlessly chatter over great distances.

While men appreciate solitude, he explains, women can’t stand it:

In solitude & silence, most men can introspect and, should they come up against his own mortality & the ultimate futility of existence, can conclude, “I will rage against the dying of the light!”

In the same situation, women will be overcome with terror; they literally cannot be alone with their thoughts & will do whatever it takes to distract themselves from thinking about tomorrow, let alone their own mortality.

I should note that, despite the widespread belief that women talk a lot more than men, men and women actually are pretty much equal when it comes to the gift of the gab. The widely cited “fact” that men utter 7,000 words a day while women spout 20,000 seems to be nothing more than an urban myth; several meta-analyses of the actual studies out there suggest that men and women talk about the same amount.

But don’t tell the MGTOWers, because the inherent greater blabbiness of women is a subject they love, love, love to blab about. Here’s Octavian with his own extremely long-winded explanation for this thing that isn’t true:

Us men being men, we can’t think of an existence without some degree of tranquility.

Unfortunately, evolution has denied the understanding of that concept to women. Let us go back to why we men value solitude.It is because we can contemplate higher degrees of thought in that state.Thoughts on cosmic matters, justice,the state of our own lives, the lives of others, or the universe as a whole, can all she evaluated and discussed internally without a single word needing to be spoken.

But apparently thoughts on why women are awful need to be shared publicly, at great length.

Now, lets take a field trip into the mind of a female.Don your protective suits, because even though we’ll keep the trip short your mind might hurt from the experience.

To contemplate what goes on in the head of a woman, the image of an interstellar singularity comes to mind.A woman is biologically unable to comprehend the very thoughts we men prize and , innately ,take for granted.Contemplate a human intellect denied the ability to think, and you have the nature of a woman cornered.She cannot understand justice, she cannot grasp lives outside of her own, and she is unable to identify with any being besides herself.She can think, she can reason, but has no idea what to reason about.

Er, citation needed? Or, rather, ALL THE CITATIONS.

Her mind is therefore a black hole of consumption, materialism, and selfishness. If a woman thinks to herself for long, it’s like a computer trapped in a loop-she doesn’t know why things aren’t right, but she knows mentally what’s happening upstairs isn’t good.Add in this innate emptiness with the general fickle nature of women, and you have a brain incapable of positive reflection when left alone.

Unlike you guys, who obviously think only noble and uplifting  and profound thoughts while you are sitting alone at home with your computer, and don’t just sit and stew about how much you hate the ladies.

That’s why us men are so critical for a woman’s mental health-without our centered mental natures, shes like an aircraft with no instruments flying through a thunderstorm, unaware of the mountain looming unseen in the gloom.

Yeah, the men of MGTOWforums are pretty much the epitome of “centered.”

So she has to talk.About SOMETHING .Or shell have to face her own empty nature without the means to understand it.It’s why those surveys say the biggest fear of a woman isn’t death, destitution, or poor health-it is being alone which frightens the female most.

Want to make a woman fall for you?It’s easy.Just distract her from herself as long as you can.The situation is so bleak women would rather be beaten to a pulp by a violent man then face being alone even briefly.

That’s right. He honestly believes that women sign up for domestic violence just so they can have someone to talk to between beatings.

Strong_hand, who presumably spends a lot of time alone with his hand, has a slightly different theory: It’s all a long con.

Women can’t do SHIT on their own. They need men to do things for them so they can indulge in consumption, materialism and selfishness.

Just as babies have only one power, crying, women have only one power: talking. You can count pussy/SMV as another power but it’s available to them for only about 20 years max. They talk to get INFORMATION that they can use to manipulate men to get them to do the things noted above.

Ask yourself, can they do anything EXCEPT talk someone into doing real work for them? Regardless of how well she can clean the house, at the end of the day, some MEN built the house and MEN do all of the real maintenance on it. Even with the massive technological advancements, most of the real work that enables modern society to function is done by men.

This is why they hate “the silent treatment.” It deprives them of the only power they have: to interrogate, probe, trade information and push buttons until they get every last bit of information they want & need.

They will NEVER shut up. This would be giving up the only power they have. Why should they bother to think, anyway, when they can talk men into doing all the hard work of thinking and acting on that thinking?

Do men like this actually believe this crap? Women are half the workforce. How exactly does someone go about their life or their career in contemporary America without seeing ample evidence, on a daily basis, of women working as hard as men? Does he live in some weird boys-only STEM clubhouse?

CaniGhost, meanwhile, thinks that women are just copying men, without really understanding what talking is for:

We know that women largely emulate men (they mirror you to get you into a relationship). Women may watch – from a young age – men talking and enjoying the talk between one another. Two grown men. But unknown to her, the men enjoy the chat because they are exchanging ideas and value. To the girl, she sees just chatter. She grows up emulating that, believing that men like chatter.

Because women lack an ability to contribute or do actual work, all chatter for them is without value or weight. All chatter is equal chatter in their mind.

Thus they chat to (in their mind) because men enjoy it.

Well, you have to give him points for creativity.

I would say more, but as a man I am naturally laconic.

Well, in this case I’m actually just dumbfounded.

kittehserf

Oh drat …

thebewilderness

This is precious: “Let us go back to why we men value solitude.It is because we can contemplate higher degrees of thought in that state.Thoughts on cosmic matters, justice,the state of our own lives, the lives of others, or the universe as a whole, can all she evaluated and discussed internally without a single word needing to be spoken.”

With the added bonus of no one ever disagreeing with you ever about anything.

CassandraSays

“I value solitude” is a nice way to say “I don’t have any friends and nobody wants to date me either”, isn’t it? I salute his ability to deceive himself.

(Shame he’s not fooling anyone else.)

hellkell
hellkell

Completely OT, but this made me laugh and there’s some other former goths here will appreciate this:

kittehserf

Oh geez that looks all too familiar! 😀

kittehserf

Oh, timely for the Goth bit: I’ve got my hair black again. The brown was losing the fight against fading.

breakfastman1
breakfastman1

You know, for all their bluster about being all logical, reasonable, and scientific, they are actually none of those things, at all. If they were to posit ideas or submit papers with the same amount of “reasoning” they show here in any high-level STEM course, they would be laughed out of the room. I just don’t get how they can claim to be so scientific and still (seriously) post such utter nonsense.

emma
emma

Middle Ages beckon! Or maybe even antiquity? Those fellas were born waaaay too late for their own good.

Anyone care to count how many words and how much time they wasted on that mindless blabber? Why, oh why don’t they just shut the eff up? (That’s what one would wonder deeply in her ponderous solitude, if one had nothing better to do.)

BTW, apparently “rage against the dying of the light” involves exposing one’s stupidity to the world-at-large in 1,000 words or more.

Say what you want, my fellow Manboobers, but this is hilarious stuff. Disturbing, yes, but also funny as hell.

Anathema

They value solitude and introspection so much that they have to all get together online and tell each other about how much they value solitude and introspection.

Bina
Bina

I really, really, REALLY wanted to respond to each and every one of those mangry pull-quotes with a pithy comeback. But honest to Goddess…after the first two or three, my eyes just started to glaze over, and all I could hear was a ragey, meaningless BLARBLARRBLARRRBLARRRR. In one ear and out the other is the best place for that sort of thing…

I’m sure the irony of everything they’ve just said totally eludes them, as usual. Fucking blatherskites.

(waves hello to all fellow introverts, of all genders)

dallasapple
dallasapple

ME TOO!!! I went with “dark brown” instead of “medium” ! Its more befitting of me!

HeatherN

Shes like an aircraft with no instruments flying through a thunderstorm, unaware of the mountain looming unseen in the gloom.

Y’know…when I read that, all I can think about is the bit of Apollo 13 where Tom Hanks (as Jim Lovell) is talking about the time he was caught in a storm in a plane without any instruments, and actually that worked to his favour because he was able to see the bio-luminescent plankton on the ocean which guided him home.

CassandraSays

dallasapple
dallasapple

Lets make a news article about how private and alone we like to be.

kittehserf

lana – cool! I was darkest brown (almost like a warm black) but between my hair being about half grey now, and the strong sun at this time of year, the fading on top was just too much – it was almost brassy. My hairdresser added a little pure black to the mix this time and it’s much darker. Not the blue-black of my goth days, but really dark.

It’ll prolly look like a white stripe down the middle once the regrowth hits. 😛

leatapp
leatapp

Is there anyone who believes that there are women who actually want to talk to these dim bulbs at all, much less chat with them at length?

grumpycatisagirl

You mean because their critisism of women would then be a critisism of men ?

I meant that I tried tracing CaniGhost’s logic and my finger kept moving in circles.

kittehserf

lea – maybe they’re pissed off because women are enjoying talking to each other instead of listening to the endless whining deep and meaningful thoughts from MWNDGTOW*.

*men who never do go their own way

Brooked
Brooked

While it’s been a very long time since I read Thoreau, IIRC he valued solitude and introspection without turning his brain into a one member He Man Women Haters Club. These guys understand the life of the mind about as well as they understand women.

I’m curious if any of the MGTOWers quoted in the OP have engaged in anything resembling self-reflection and/or self-examination. I’m guessing no.

HeatherN

@Brooked: I know, right. That’s the thing I always find so hilarious with the MGTOW/PUA/MRA nonsense about ‘men are better at introspection.’ Like, all evidence to the contrary.

Brooked
Brooked

I just learned “blatherskite” is a word and I’m already more than a little in love with it. Thanks Bina!

Ally S

Thoreau was totes a mangina. No doubt about it – he liked nature stuff, after all.

Bina
Bina

You’re welcome!

And ironically, I first saw it used in the following sentence: “Blatherskite wimmin!” Uttered by some old salty dog in a yo-ho-ho pirate yarn. As I recall, the old poop was one of those who could never stop talking himself…

kittehserf

Only if wanking in front of a mirror counts.

vaiyt

“It’s like the whole tree falling in the woods and does it make a sound thing, but with whiny assholes instead of trees.”

If a bunch of whiny assholes go around shouting to everyone that they’re going to venture into the forest and fell some trees, any day now, and when they do you’ll be sorry, do they make a sound?

kittehserf

Gods.

The comments in that article are sickening, too – too much “what about teh menz”.

emma
emma

MGTOW = Men Who Really Just Love To Hear Themselves Talk (And Talk, And Talk…) About Going Their Own Way But Never Make Even The First Step. Unfortunately.

Yes, blatherskite is lovely. Thank you, Bina!

Robert Ramirez

I saw a lot of denial in those comments. As if things like this never happen or are as normal as having a traffic accident. To them the cult of machismo has nothing to do with demeaning women or gender oppression.

Argenti Aertheri

*isn’t really here* I’m watching pecunium spin (w00t for a parent free weekend!) but have to admit that I still goth dance.

Unless it’s Flogging Molly, at which point I start acting like I know how to step dance.

Bina
Bina

Gods.

Yup.

If an irony falls in the forest, will these guys be able to hear it over the sound of their own mangry ranting?

Also, here’s a song just for them:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_okC0QPj6A&w=480&h=360]

kittehserf

My Goth dancing was interrupted by making loud squealy noises when pics of Gary Oldman came up on the screen (well it was at the Goth Ball). But then us older goths didn’t mind being frivolous. 🙂

itsabeast
itsabeast

I see the difference between MGTOW’s and MRA’s now. MRA’s are more likely (but not guaranteed) to make a weak token effort to pretend they aren’t misogynist, where misogyny is the stated goal of the Men Fucking Their Own Hand.

SredniVashtar
SredniVashtar

What’s weird about these guys’ outlook is that they seem to think they’re dishing out some tough-but-well-deserved punishment to women by withdrawing the privilege of their company from us. What woman would want for one second to even be around someone who thinks her thoughts are just meaningless spinning in a void, or that she only talks at all because she’s seen men do it? How can they possibly think women could gain anything at all from the society of someone who holds those opinions, even if those opinions *were* in any way grounded in reality?

CassandraSays

But women would rather be around men who despise us than be alone because blah blah meaningless void, we’re really really important, if we tell ourselves that women need us often enough maybe it will come true?

Or maybe they just think the Boner Fairy (like the Tooth Fairy, but bad tempered and wears a fuzzy hat and goggles) will leave a babe under their blankets if they ragewank into them often enough.

Maude LL
Maude LL

@SredniVashtar

“You can’t fire me: I quit! And you’ll be real sorry when I look at you with mean eyes from the sidewalk!”

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Erm… so a woman’s mouth is a cock holster in these guys minds? and no doubt they would argue that there is nothing woman hating about it.

Ellie
Ellie

Mgtow reminds of this fairly off parents scene starting at 45 seconds: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIc0V0hqIpw

Replace ‘I’m ignoring you’ with ‘I’m going my own way’ :p

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

No, the question is will these guys ever shut up? You’d think when going their own way they will spend most of their time doing the manly man stuff they always wanted to do instead 100% of the time they are talking about women.

As for the fear of being alone I don’t know about other women but I like being alone from time to time.

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

I also don’t get the whole “women talk more than men” thing. In a lot of conversations I’ve had in mixed company, it was often the guys who’d talk at length – even over each other – while the women in the group would stay quiet until they could interject something inbetween all that.

Yes, I’ve noticed that when there is a mixed company the men will almost always try to dominate the conversation, tell stories and jokes and just show off by talking non stop.

Rahu
Rahu

I’ve always had questions about those numbers given for words in a day.

1) Do they count writing? I’m guessing not, since that’s silent and it appears that the whole thing is based on how women’s voices cause pain to men’s ears (at least that’s what I was taught), but they might count writing

2) Also on the “silent” front – what about sign language – does that count or not?

3) What about things like facial expressions? Rolling your eyes, for example – if it had to be translated into words, would take up quite a few words, but it’s only one action – how is that counted?

Short version of this comment – whoever came up with this malarkey clearly hated women and never thought through the logic in his “data” (probably never left alone from blabbering women to think his deep thoughts.)

cloudiah

What is goth dancing?

My male co-worker in the office next to mine always cracks jokes about a female employee he supervises who — to be fair — is extremely chatty. His standard phrase is, “You can never have a short conversation with L.”

The amusing part to me is that he is just as chatty as she is. He often wanders into my office just to talk, and he does not notice any of the little cues that I am kinda busy and don’t really want to talk. He’s a really nice person, and I am pretty easy-going, and none of this really bothers me. But I do find it very amusing that he can’t seem to see that he does exactly the same thing that L. does. I think he’s just thoroughly absorbed the idea that women “chat,” while men “talk.”

Argenti Aertheri

Cloudiah — there’s a goth dancing video on one of these threads, pardon me for not knowing where, but blame pecunium’s cocktail skills 🙂

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Golly. If it weren’t for men and their lofty, apostrophe-free thoughts, how would we womenfolk ever find out about the existence of other people?

In fact, I had no idea death was a thing until just now. Thank you, angry rants-in-your-pants dude, for enlightening us!

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

O/T, but my sister’s boyfriend (who is in the Army) posted a link on Facebook to a satire of “See Something Say Something” called “See Nothing Say Nothing”. I was worried at first, because I thought that the original campaign was an anti-sexual assault effort, and well… sister’s boyfriend.

Well, I googled, and SSSS is actually about preventing terrorism. The parody was about turning a blind eye to minor troublemaking with your pals. So I feel better now.

kittehserf

I wonder if these guys read spiritualist works by men that assert there’s no such thing as death, would they have a collective assplosion? I mean, obvs any spiritualist dude is going to be a mangina, ‘cos he’s not ranting and frothing and ragewanking about 1) how awful women are and 2) how the light is dying and he’s too lazy to go out and buy a new lightbulb, but it’d be fun to see them getting in a bind about it.

naltia
naltia

Ah and 1 Timothy 2:12 touts its gospel again.

Samantha Vimes

I suspect they are actually less likely to be in STEM fields than the average man.
Any man in computers knows names like Ada Lovelace and Grace Hopper.
Physics, chemistry or astrophysics? Marie Curie, Lisa Meitner, and there have been quite a few notable women astronomers.
Math– well, maybe if these guys are geezers. The math classes of modern universities aren’t lopsided.
Maybe engineering. It seems to accumulate more problem egos than the sciences.

I think these guys aren’t highly accomplished at ANYTHING, or they’d be busy doing that instead of stroking their penises to reassure themselves that they are so much better and smarter than anyone with a vagina.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

I was reading the book The World Until Yesterday about life in traditional societies. The author mentioned that people in these societies talk a lot, particularly about accidents and death. He mentioned that in a society without other sources of information this was the best way to obtain important safety advice etc. He also mentioned other benefits of talking such as fun and improved social relations.

Interestingly, he then made an analogy to an (older) female friend of his who was dating. He mentioned that she met with other friends in a similar position and how the resultant discussions let them exchange warning signs and other safety information. When I was reading his comments it really struck me that one reason MGTOW want women to stop talking is so that young or inexperienced women aren’t aware of danger signs. Similarly, if women don’t talk then one woman will be unaware how bad her relationship is as she will have nothing to compare to. Women talking is a direct threat to them because it gives women a safety net and valuable information.

marci

This is just depressing. I really can’t gather up anything stronger than that. Why do such miserable people exist? Just sad. Can you guys give me some brain bleach? I’m hurting.