are these guys 12 years old? citation needed domestic violence empathy deficit evil women grandiosity mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny oppressed men that's completely wrong women's jobs aren't real

Men Going Their Own Way blather endlessly about how women won’t shut up

Sorry, gals! You'll never be as blabby as Men Going Their Own Way
Sorry, gals! You’ll never be as blabby as Men Going Their Own Way

So the nice gentlemen over on MGTOWforums are trying to get to the bottom of what they see as a very important question: Why Can’t They Ever Shut Up?

Unfortunately, they’re not asking this question about their fellow Men Going Their Own Way and their tendency to blather on and on about the manifold evils of women. No, they’re talking about women and their alleged inability to shut up. And they have some, well, interesting theories to share.

NonNegotiable offers these highly scientific thoughts:

I have a hypothesis that women possess a gland that produces mindless chatter, like the liver produces bile, and if they don’t constantly vent it, it builds up in their system & becomes toxic. The healthy venting of toxic chatter facilitated the invention of cell-phones & texting, allowing women to mindlessly chatter over great distances.

While men appreciate solitude, he explains, women can’t stand it:

In solitude & silence, most men can introspect and, should they come up against his own mortality & the ultimate futility of existence, can conclude, “I will rage against the dying of the light!”

In the same situation, women will be overcome with terror; they literally cannot be alone with their thoughts & will do whatever it takes to distract themselves from thinking about tomorrow, let alone their own mortality.

I should note that, despite the widespread belief that women talk a lot more than men, men and women actually are pretty much equal when it comes to the gift of the gab. The widely cited “fact” that men utter 7,000 words a day while women spout 20,000 seems to be nothing more than an urban myth; several meta-analyses of the actual studies out there suggest that men and women talk about the same amount.

But don’t tell the MGTOWers, because the inherent greater blabbiness of women is a subject they love, love, love to blab about. Here’s Octavian with his own extremely long-winded explanation for this thing that isn’t true:

Us men being men, we can’t think of an existence without some degree of tranquility.

Unfortunately, evolution has denied the understanding of that concept to women. Let us go back to why we men value solitude.It is because we can contemplate higher degrees of thought in that state.Thoughts on cosmic matters, justice,the state of our own lives, the lives of others, or the universe as a whole, can all she evaluated and discussed internally without a single word needing to be spoken.

But apparently thoughts on why women are awful need to be shared publicly, at great length.

Now, lets take a field trip into the mind of a female.Don your protective suits, because even though we’ll keep the trip short your mind might hurt from the experience.

To contemplate what goes on in the head of a woman, the image of an interstellar singularity comes to mind.A woman is biologically unable to comprehend the very thoughts we men prize and , innately ,take for granted.Contemplate a human intellect denied the ability to think, and you have the nature of a woman cornered.She cannot understand justice, she cannot grasp lives outside of her own, and she is unable to identify with any being besides herself.She can think, she can reason, but has no idea what to reason about.

Er, citation needed? Or, rather, ALL THE CITATIONS.

Her mind is therefore a black hole of consumption, materialism, and selfishness. If a woman thinks to herself for long, it’s like a computer trapped in a loop-she doesn’t know why things aren’t right, but she knows mentally what’s happening upstairs isn’t good.Add in this innate emptiness with the general fickle nature of women, and you have a brain incapable of positive reflection when left alone.

Unlike you guys, who obviously think only noble and uplifting  and profound thoughts while you are sitting alone at home with your computer, and don’t just sit and stew about how much you hate the ladies.

That’s why us men are so critical for a woman’s mental health-without our centered mental natures, shes like an aircraft with no instruments flying through a thunderstorm, unaware of the mountain looming unseen in the gloom.

Yeah, the men of MGTOWforums are pretty much the epitome of “centered.”

So she has to talk.About SOMETHING .Or shell have to face her own empty nature without the means to understand it.It’s why those surveys say the biggest fear of a woman isn’t death, destitution, or poor health-it is being alone which frightens the female most.

Want to make a woman fall for you?It’s easy.Just distract her from herself as long as you can.The situation is so bleak women would rather be beaten to a pulp by a violent man then face being alone even briefly.

That’s right. He honestly believes that women sign up for domestic violence just so they can have someone to talk to between beatings.

Strong_hand, who presumably spends a lot of time alone with his hand, has a slightly different theory: It’s all a long con.

Women can’t do SHIT on their own. They need men to do things for them so they can indulge in consumption, materialism and selfishness.

Just as babies have only one power, crying, women have only one power: talking. You can count pussy/SMV as another power but it’s available to them for only about 20 years max. They talk to get INFORMATION that they can use to manipulate men to get them to do the things noted above.

Ask yourself, can they do anything EXCEPT talk someone into doing real work for them? Regardless of how well she can clean the house, at the end of the day, some MEN built the house and MEN do all of the real maintenance on it. Even with the massive technological advancements, most of the real work that enables modern society to function is done by men.

This is why they hate “the silent treatment.” It deprives them of the only power they have: to interrogate, probe, trade information and push buttons until they get every last bit of information they want & need.

They will NEVER shut up. This would be giving up the only power they have. Why should they bother to think, anyway, when they can talk men into doing all the hard work of thinking and acting on that thinking?

Do men like this actually believe this crap? Women are half the workforce. How exactly does someone go about their life or their career in contemporary America without seeing ample evidence, on a daily basis, of women working as hard as men? Does he live in some weird boys-only STEM clubhouse?

CaniGhost, meanwhile, thinks that women are just copying men, without really understanding what talking is for:

We know that women largely emulate men (they mirror you to get you into a relationship). Women may watch – from a young age – men talking and enjoying the talk between one another. Two grown men. But unknown to her, the men enjoy the chat because they are exchanging ideas and value. To the girl, she sees just chatter. She grows up emulating that, believing that men like chatter.

Because women lack an ability to contribute or do actual work, all chatter for them is without value or weight. All chatter is equal chatter in their mind.

Thus they chat to (in their mind) because men enjoy it.

Well, you have to give him points for creativity.

I would say more, but as a man I am naturally laconic.

Well, in this case I’m actually just dumbfounded.

Miri
Miri

I think a theory that they missed is that back in hunter-gatherer days, women had to have something to do (y’know, aside from *gathering most of the food people ate) while men hunted mammoths for them.

Karalora

I know you already know this, David, but it’s not that chucklefucks like this don’t see women working and creating and exchanging ideas…it’s that they convince themselves that what women work at, create, and talk about isn’t important, for no better reason than that it’s women doing it. You can literally show these guys a man and a woman doing the exact same thing, and they will interpret the man’s activity as noble and useful, and the woman’s as pointless and wasteful.

CaniGhost has as much as admitted to seeing the world this way–when men talk, they are having a meaningful conversation about great ideas. When women talk about the same things, they’re just mindlessly imitating the men.

bodycrimes

My chatter gland is located somewhere behind my laughter gland and it’s terrible sometimes when the urge to laugh – like now – is interfering with my need to discuss your post at great length. It hurts! It hurts!

I wish a man would come and unblock it for me.

dallasapple

I wish a man would come and unblock it for me.

Giggles!!!

Robert
Robert

Wow. This is the product of a profound contempt for women – and consensus reality. I had a lovely time just last night, conversing with my sister in law. She, unlike me, has no husband and a job. She is a computer trainer, and trains professionals in how to use their workplace systems. Not exactly a bon-bon job, in other words. Among other things, we were discussing the ways she’s been encouraging her twelve year old daughter (my niece) to pursue various academic subjects, amid the emotional battlefield that is middle school. Apparently, her daughter’s school has been pushing STEM for girls.

I should tell her that there’s an entire swath of the population (at least online) that simultaneously doesn’t believe she exists AND is terrified of her.

For what it’s worth, she adopted her daughter as an infant – no spermjacking required, no child support. It’s almost as if. . .she doesn’t NEED a man.

Podkayne
Podkayne

Men and women may talk equally as much, but since MGTOWs don’t believe in, listen to or care about 98% of what women say, it must irritate them so bad when we open our mouths that to them we probably seem like we’re taking up ALL THE WORDS.

BigMomma
BigMomma

The chattergland could explain my 10 year old’s stream of consciousness style of communication…

Joking aside, that MGTOW discussion is a truly vile piece of misogyny. Women can’t think. Women don’t work. I read it out to Mr bigmomma (obv disturbing his tranquility as he was thinking noble thoughts. Or possibly playing candy crush) and once he stopped laughing, he asked if they actually knew any women.

CassandraSays

So, obviously the whole thing is nonsense, but one little nugget that jumped out at me – how would it be possible to interrogate someone, figure out what questions to ask in order to get the information you needed to manipulate them, and then use that information in the most effective manner, without thinking? Does he think this is some sort of automatic, unconscious process, like how people are able to keep breathing without having to think about it?

dallasapple

Its SO funny too how women talk ?…Look who’s talking ! All the MRA is ,is a bunch of men yapping their faces off in cackling gaggles like hens!

Like …blah blah blah blah blah ……..blah blah ..blah blah …blah blah blah blah..BLAH! ..blah blah blah blah blah blah…BLAH BLAH! …blah blah blah .blah blah ba .Bah blah bah bla…ba ba bah ? Ba blah ba blah ba blah!@

Robert Ramirez

MaudeLL

We know that women largely emulate men

Seriously, he’s got a point. Women do things like breathing, eating, sleeping, even thinking (sometimes). All this to emulate men. This copyright violation must end now.

augochlorella
augochlorella

The irony is that the one MRA I know in real life has a campus-wide reputation for interrupting people and never shutting up.

BigMomma
BigMomma

Far out. I’ve worked in homelessness since 1996. All this time I thought my job was about assessing and supporting people in need, using empathy and believing in social justice. I must have seen some man doing it and just decided to copy him to impress him. Silly me.

MaudeLL

Case study in manly man talk: John Hembling’s verbose videos. Zzzzzz.

grumpycatisagirl

Dudes, I am a woman and when I was a girl in school other kids would pick on me because I didn’t talk enough. Especially boys. I was voted “most shy” in both junior high and high school. One guy I sort of dated in college said to me on two separate occasions (and I quote verbatim): “You sure don’t talk much” and “it would be nice if you talked more.” Of course, throughout my life people of both genders have often remarked on how quiet I am.

And I am pretty much the classic textbook example of an introvert who values alone time with a good book. Not that I don’t have friends and like parties – I do have friends and I do like (occasional) parties. But I wouldn’t survive without solo time to recharge.

TLTR my whole life is one huge demonstration of how these guys are full of shit.

dallasapple

I’ve heard it so many times the ‘men” TALKING about how women like to talk and I just sit back and laugh. Men you could find on the internet talking about how women like to talk.

Dude 1 : Its a fact women talk more than men ,men talk less than women ,men are action people not talkers they do not talk that’s a proven scientific fact here’s an example I was talking to my wife (she talked first) and it took her 20 minutes to get to the point she could have said in 2 minutes ..So i asked her why it took 20 minutes to say that and she said it didn’t.I reviewed it with her and showed her my watch .

Dude 2: Yes women like to talk men don’t men need sex so if a man doesn’t get sex hes less likely to want to talk no what i mean dude ? guys just don’t talk they like to fix car engines and plumbing and hammer things we don’t like to talk you get my meaning ? if women could only understand talking doesn’t come natural to men doing “things” does then maybe the divorce rate would be lower because 70% of the divorce rate is by women filing which destroys children’s life they never recover.

Dude 1: Yes they don’t get it feminism and talking has destroyed America and if only they could get it men are from mars women are from venus men hate talking they speak 10,000 words a day women speak about 15,000 words a day its proof …men speak in the locker room about 8,000 less words than women know what I mean dude ?

Hry
Hry

Let us go back to why we men value solitude.It is because we can contemplate higher degrees of thought in that state.Thoughts on cosmic matters, justice,the state of our own lives, the lives of others, or the universe as a whole …

and, y’know, things like WHY DON’T TEH WIMMINZ LIEK ME????????????????????

CassandraSays

Dude : Let me talk at you about how women talk too much. Do have have an hour to spare? If you don’t, who cares, because I’m going to do it anyway.

Wait, are you walking away from me? Misandry!

(Spends next 6 hours talking about how evil women are on Reddit.)

sn0rkmaiden

Can’t imagine why none of these guys can form a healthy relationship.

They spend so much energy demanding women be confined to a narrow set of dependent, domestic roles, then heap contempt on the very women who occupy those roles. Are they opposed to feminism because it disproves their misogynistic rhetoric?

BLAHHH!!! LOL!!!

Its the man needs a cave thing women dont?

Sorry no offense to my loved ones but some of my most precious breaths of air is solitude. I’m not a recluse but I CRAVE alone time . Its not terror its oasis .

Maybe he’s confusing forced solitude (like being locked in prison solitude or everyone he loves abandoning him ?) With voluntary and welcomed solitude ?

dallasapple

So she wouldn’t have sex with you ?

Ashley

Why can’t they ever shut up about women? Going their own way, my ass.

saintnick86
saintnick86

What I don’t understand about MGTOW types is that, if I understand this correctly, they’ve sworn off women altogether – which would imply they spend their time on different things. Yet…they don’t. They get off on ranting about the imagined evils of women just as much as any MRA or PUA, which (to me) doesn’t look like swearing off women.

I’m pretty certain monks don’t think about women nearly as much as a MGTOW does.

dallasapple

Is that why you are so angry you can’t get a woman ? All that ‘no word spoken ” rage built up in you ?Because you can’t get laid ?

Lisa Michelle Copeland

“I have read articles about how men actually gossip more than women, while women tend to talk about what is going on in their lives, men tend to like bullshitting about other people. And from my own personal life experience…it is kind of true.”

From my experience with men, I’m going to have to agree with you. The men I’ve spent the most time around (my dad and uncle) gossip a lot, but it’s mostly bullshitting. I gossip too, but I tend to talk about stuff I actually know is true.

Anyways. I just think it’s funny because most of the guys I know cannot shut up. Every time we have a family gathering I wander off by myself to read and maybe I’ll do some crafts with my aunts and spend some time with my younger cousins, but I am generally much less talkative than my family.

I am fairly talkative though, when I am comfortable. But at the same time, sometimes I just don’t feel like talking – so I don’t. I just find the idea that these men seem to think not only that women are incapable of shutting up, but that their bullshit theories mean anything hilarious.

Okay. Keep telling yourself your thoughts and things you talk about are more important. And that you definitely are much more intellectual and concise than women.

Ally S

I love how the same people who talk over women’s experiences whine about women being “too talkative.”

CassandraSays

Male OB/GYNs spend less time thinking about women than MGTOW do, even during the “I’ll just nap here in the break room for an hour and then work for another 30 hours” training years.

theladyzombie

Have these dudes ever heard of introverts? They come female flavored too. I’m one of them. I don’t like talking on the phone or talking in person and prefer communication via text. Also I was an only child so I spent a lot of time by myself (and liked it) and my grandmother used to say that I lived “in my own head.” I used to date a very talkative man who frequently complained that I didn’t communicate enough with him.

According to these shit-wizards, I don’t exist or at best I’m an anomaly. Meanwhile, while I’m being quiet, they’re running off at the mouth.

Did anyone else think of this quote from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy when reading these dudes’ bloviate?

One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It’s a nice day, or You’re very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you alright? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behaviour. If human beings don’t keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months’ consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favour of a new one. If they don’t keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working. After a while he abandoned this one as well as being obstructively cynical.

grumpycatisagirl

As far as I can understand it, CaniGhost’s words can be boiled down to:

The reason women talk too much and men don’t is that the women want to be just like the men.

This logic is beyond the grasp of my female brain.

saintnick86
saintnick86

I also don’t get the whole “women talk more than men” thing. In a lot of conversations I’ve had in mixed company, it was often the guys who’d talk at length – even over each other – while the women in the group would stay quiet until they could interject something inbetween all that.

I have female relatives who certainly talk at length as well as a friend of mine, but I don’t mind the latter because she has a stressful job and needs to vent. Because listening and offering advice when needed isn’t something that bothers me.

JoJo
JoJo

Lol, all this talk of cave men and hunting makes me think if I ever am in a committed relationship again, I’m getting her one of these:

grumpycatisagirl

That mammoth is adorable.

kittehserf

That whole schtick about men being alone so they can confront mortality and then pinch a line from Dylan Thomas made me laugh. You think it’s women who’re terrified of dying (or just being alone, I’m not sure which this idiot meant)? Nope, sounds to me like genius boy is fucking scared of dying. Which is not wrong in itself, but when he projects so badly and dumps all his fearful behaviour on women, is contemptible.

Funny, I talk far less than the guys at work. I can spend days hardly saying anything at all while I’m working, or while I’m at home (just fancy, two women in the house and no conversation happening). I love being on my own, in the physical sense; I’m never really alone because Mr K’s around, obvs. Afraid of solitude or death? Don’t make me laugh, pathetic little man, you couldn’t have got it more wrong.

saintnick86
saintnick86

I totally want a plush mammoth now. 😀

kittehserf

Eeee that mammoth! 🙂

grumpycatisagirl

And the HG quote is perfect.

As far as I can understand it, CaniGhost’s words can be boiled down to:

This logic is beyond the grasp of my female brain.

You mean because their critisism of women would then be a critisism of men ?

hellkell
hellkell

These dudes are projecting like an IMAX.

I wish they’d pack up and GO.

CassandraSays

The whole “women talk too much” thing is just an indicator of misogyny – you only ever hear it from people who think that ideally women shouldn’t be talking at all.

hellkell
hellkell

Funny, most of the chattiest people I work with are men.

kittehserf

It’s like that perception that there are more women than men in a group when the women make up less than half – these fuckshites think any talk from women (especially if it interrupts the all-important men’s talk about the football) is women doing all the talking.

gelar
gelar

The light’s not dying. His head’s just that far up his ass.

CassandraSays

Why wouldn’t they rage against the dying of the light? They rage against everything else.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

While ostensibly female, I tend to move toward the “men” group in gatherings because my interests run closer to those lines. Sometimes, of course, I’m forced back into my place with women, so I’ve experienced a lot of chatter from both groups. Ideas and value? No, hunting stories and football are not more intellectual or valuable than children and cooking. All small talk is irritating chatter, even if about different topics.

hellkell
hellkell

Rage is the default state of the MGTOW. I wonder if they ever get happy about anything.

dallasapple

I’m sick and tired of it . Yeah there are some women out there that suck .So are there men.

But in my neck of the woods the women work hard . They love hard. they endure sufferings.Like LIFE…They aren’t yabbering spoiled brats.

I guess I’m “triggered” now.Men aren’t some sort of token of stregnth that women need to cling to or vice versa. We all have them and don’t.

I stick with my family which is strong .We come from a “shit happens then you are still family ring” Im 46 have close relationship to my mother ,father (original father died in plane crash but my ‘father ) two sisters and a brother . One husband ,3 sons and 2 grandchildren .(one male one female) and I have friends.(and hopefully a dentist because my upper right wisdom tooth is POUNDING right now)

I don’t know what my point is other than I guess….I feel kind of sorry for these RUDE LOUD mouth ass holes. I think they have no one .And its because of them .So they cry on the internet.

BLAH!!!!!

CassandraSays

I think they’re temporarily happy when they contemplate how crushed we’d be if they went away, then angry again when they realize that nobody gives a shit whether or not they’re around.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

Wow, reading all that was extremely depressing. I couldn’t finish. I feel sad.

Must be my lady brains (or lack thereof).

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

I live in a college town, and commute through the central campus area every day. Men are chattering on their phones and texting just as much as women are. They do it while walking, and they do it while driving, which ticks me off so much. I was stuck behind someone just yesterday who was meandering back and forth in his lane and driving bizarrely slow. When we finally got to a point where I could get around him, I saw him with his hand propped up on the steering wheel, texting. I almost wish I could put a neon sign in my car window that flashes, “Get the FUCK off your phone!!”

kittehserf

The light’s not dying. His head’s just that far up his ass.,/blockquote>

Love it, gelar!

All small talk is irritating chatter, even if about different topics.

I presume you mean irritating to someone not interested in the topic, Nepenthe.

lana – yeah, I’m more irritated than amused by these fuckers today.

1 2 3 4