advocacy of violence antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? boner rage homophobia imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA reddit the c-word

Men’s Rights Redditors respond to imaginary plot to force men to pee sitting down with proposals to kill, pee on feminists

So Reddit’s Men’s Rightsers are in a tizzy over a bullshitty piece in the Daily Telegraph warning of an evil worldwide plot to force men to pee sitting down.

The evidence for the existence of such a plot is a bit on the skimpy side — the Telegraph writer leads off with a reference to a 2012  proposal from a County Council member in Sormland, Sweden that doesn’t seem to have gone anywhere legislatively but that’s been a favorite evil-feminist story on conservative websites ever since.

The very notion that some evil feminist might force them to sit while they spray has Men’s Rights Redditors in an unusually combative mood. Heck, it’s got some of the regulars thinking that it might well be time to start doing some good-old fashioned murdering. No, really.

Spacedatwork 6 points 10 hours ago (7|1)  Feminists are taking it too far now, I pee half the time with a boner and when I do pee sitting my dink dips in the water and it is nasty as fuck. This is the part where the MRA should pull off a campaign to assassinate feminist figures because talking, ranting and blogging is not enough until they take away our ability to naturally produce testosterone through medical procedures at birth.
Yep. In case you’ve been wondering, suggesting “a campaign to assassinate feminist figures” because some local council member in Sweden had a dumb idea will in fact win you upvotes on the Men’s Rights subreddit.

Strikerfm1, by contrast, seems almost moderate with his “tie feminists down and urinate on them” proposal.

strikerfm1 3 points 8 hours ago (5|2)  I so wish I could grab one of these feminists, tie her down,a pee all over her. Just to show her that I'm a fucking MAN and that I will never become the pussified, wimpy broken wrist faggot of a man they so desire. Fuck these lebsbian nazi cunts who want to destroy our manhood. Fuck them. Stand up. Be a man. Pee standing up.  Women think it's gross? it creates puddles? FUCK YOU WOMEN. I cleaned women's bathroom's for a living when I was younger, you fucking cunts leave blood on walls, shit all over walls because you won't sit on the bowl, and your pregnancy tests everywhere. Fuck you if you are gonna piss and moan about piss on the floor.
The World’s Greatest 21st Century Human Rights Movement, folks!

Thanks to the AgainstMensRights subreddit for pointing me to this horrible crap.

EDIT: The “let’s murder feminists” comment has been taken down by the subreddit mods, though the user hasn’t been banned for it; the “I want to tie a feminist down and pee on her” comment remains up, and still boasts upvotes.

cloudiah

The r/mr mods will speedily ban people just for putting forward a feminist viewpoint, and yet people who post violent comments are allowed to continue posting in r/mr without being banned.

It goes to show their priorities. Advocate feminism? BAN! Advocate violence? Sure, that’s fine. FREEZE PEACH!

cloudiah

R/mr is a hotbed of death threats and violent fantasies.

And racism — don’t forget racism!

cloudiah

kevin 11 doesn’t realize that David Futrelle is Paul Elam.

Or is it the other way around?

Anyway, it’s a long con.

Viscaria
Viscaria

“titianblue,” if that is your real name

kevin 11 doesn’t realize that David Futrelle is Paul Elam.

Or is it the other way around?

They’re both cats in a suit anyway.

kevin 11
kevin 11

““titianblue,” if that is your real name”

The point is that it’s obviously not. It’s a pseudonymous facade for that person to act all Internet Tough Guy behind. I have nothing but contempt for that sort of shit.

Just like you, “Viscaria”.

sparky
sparky

Yeah, no, “They’re going to make us pee sitting down! Kill all the feminists!” is not a joke. I don’t think kevin11 understands how humor works.

Here’s the articles flagged under “reddit”:

Some highlights:

“Kill the b—-“:

Violent torture fantasies don’t get you banned:

moldybrehd

““titianblue,” if that is your real name”

Just like you, “Viscaria”.

The irony here made me laugh out loud.

Viscaria
Viscaria

If only we were brave like Kevin here. Which one are you, again? My brother’s best friend in elementary school, or my cousin? Actually you can’t be my cousin since he’s a pretty cool guy but to be fair I haven’t seen the other dude in like 15 years…

cloudiah

His real name is Kevin 11. That’s why he has standing to criticize people using ‘nyms.

serrana
serrana

His big sister is named “Seven” of course.

moldybrehd

I hope it’s not the Kevin I knew in high school. He got to stand next to Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore for 3 seconds. (Not that I’m a fan of AS, but it was cool to see someone I actually know in a movie.)

sparky
sparky

11, is of course, Kevin’s actual honest-to-god real life surname.

And saying that threats aren’t jokes is being an “Internet Tough Guy.”

kittehserf

I owe some blockquotes to Kittenserf, but a monster ate them.

The blockquote monster’s been in a very silly mood lately. 😛

(no offense to Mr Kittehserf).

None taken! 😀 Plus it would make typing here harder.

kittehserf

What’s with trolly’s obsession with putting nyms in quotes? Oh, he thinks he’s being clever.

I’m just glad “Kevin11” doesn’t call himself “Kevin07”. I’d hate to think he called himself after a former PM.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Kevin 11, this is really important: Carrousel is a lie. There is no rebirth. Run, Kevin, run!

kevin 11
kevin 11

Kevin is my real name; “Kevin 11” is a nickname. If someone was very determined they could likely find out my real name, and I’d be fine with that. Because I stand by my words, which makes me the opposite of an Internet Tough Guy skidmark.

Can you say the same, “Viscaria”?
Can you say the same, “kittehserf”?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Lol. No, I would not be fine with it of people linked my legal name to my pseudonym, because I have used my pseudonymity in order to talk about things like my bisexuality and mental health, both of which could have professional and personal consequences for me. Oh, and because I like to be an Internet Tough Guy and make fun of strange troll punctuation use.

cloudiah

an Internet Tough Guy skidmark

By omitting a comma, Kevin unwittingly describes himself.

thebobgoblin

Maybe Kevin’s just sensitive cuz he can’t think of a cool nym. I had a D&D player like that once; named all his characters after himself.

moldybrehd

@ “kevin 11”

Two things about the ‘Internet Tough Guy’ sneer.

1. Given that women receive death and rape threats for saying things as mild as ‘Guys, don’t do that’, pseudonyms are just as often used for safety reasons. Nor does this stance explain why so many MRAs use pseudonyms. Are you saying the MRAs on reddit are skidmarks too? It’s like you don’t even know how the Internet works.

2. The ‘Tough Guy’ sneer is absolutely full of toxic masculinity. It’s defining what ‘real’ men are – ‘strong’ vs ‘sly’, etc. It also genders the hell out of everyone (and so far, it spectacularly fails to gender them correctly).

JoJo
JoJo

I had a D&D player that refused to name any character he played. He also min-maxed poorly. I actively encourage min-maxing as a DM, but he didn’t really know what he was doing and he couldn’t crunch numbers to save his life.

I shouldn’t be surprised when I mentioned Japan only made marital rape illegal very recently and he went on a tirade about how marital rape wasn’t wrong, and if she agrees to marry you she isn’t allowed to refuse sex because “marriage is a contract for sex”.

I would have liked to say I knocked the crap out of him, but no one had said anything that stupid to my face (I’ve only seen that thought as words on a screen), and the idea that a functional adult with no anonymity shield could say something that messed up shocked me into silence. My flaw is I freeze in situations like that.

moldybrehd

Even when marriage was more about being a legal contract than, you know, the joining together of people who love each other, it wasn’t about sex. It was about alliances and kids (which requires sex, but never required that anyone involved enjoy it, including the men). I think the ‘contract for sex’ came about because people were scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to get married (love apparently being too difficult or something).

sparky
sparky

I suspect Mr. 11 is focusing on the nym thing because he can’t actually defend the whole “calls for assassination is a funny, funny joke” thing.

titianblue
titianblue

Poor Kevin. Handed the chance to rename himself anything he desired, the only limit his imagination. So sad that his imagination is so limited. No wonder he’s so defensive about nyms.

Kevin is my real name; “Kevin 11″ is a nickname.

Because everyone thinks of the other 10 Kevins they know first.

kiki
kiki

Come on – there’s only gotta be, like, three or four Kevins on the entire internet. Our Kevin is ever so brave for voluntarily narrowing down the field so much. No Internet Tough Guy he!

moldybrehd

I always do love the ‘subtle’ attempts to make people dox themselves. ‘If you were a REAL ____, you’d use you’re real name!’ Because nobody ever tried that ploy here before…

cloudiah

That look on Keanu’s face reminds me of this cat.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I’m almost positive that meme was actually made by one of us XD I think I’ve seen it here before.

Linden
Linden

Right. Because men would never try to regulate what women do with their private parts.

Oh, wait.

pecunium

““Kevin 11″ is a nickname”

Ooh! Can I play. Pecunium is a persistent identification on the net. I even link to my other writings under it. If you follow the link on my username here it leads to some of them. You could also google it, and get other links, to other writings, and art, and stuff.

So, what are your links, tough guy?

Now, let’s get to the meat of the matter, why do you think calls for murder are funny? What makes the presence of so much active (and endorsed) hosility on r/mr something to be seen as a “glib joke”?

Why do you hate women so much?

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — go to bed! Don’t make me come down there to complain about puddles!

On topic…Argenti totally is my name. At least by pecunium et al, he knows my legal name, so does his fiancé, but Argenti it is. I approve of this and would make it my legal name, but that’d mean cutting ties with the conservative family members who wouldn’t just disown me (that I could handle, endless lectures on what their church says no so much so)

pecunium

Argenti: I shall quibble: I don’t have a fiancé, but rather a fiancée. She has two fiancés.

thebobgoblin

I wonder what MRAs would make of the She Wee?

kittehserf

Can you say the same, “Viscaria”?
Can you say the same, “kittehserf”?

I can, and have. How do you think anyone refers to their friends here except by their usernames? Why do you think they’re hard to pronounce? Kittehserf is a nickname derived from a former nym.

You really are a dumbfuck, aren’t you? Hiding behind this blather when called out for defending the indefensible. Why don’t you just admit you hate women, then piss off? Nobody here would miss you. In a week it’d be, “Who was that really stupid troll? I forget the name, and they’re all the same these days anyway.”

1 5 6 7