a voice for men a woman is always to blame all about the menz antifeminism boner rage crackpottery creepy evil wives evil women excusing abuse imaginary oppression it's science! lazy women eating bon bons marital rape marriage strike men created civilization men invented everything men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats not-quite-plausible deniability only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men patriarchy playing the victim precious bodily fluids rape rape culture shit that never happened taking pleasure in women's pain women's jobs aren't real your time will come

A Voice for Men doubles down: how dishwashers, TV dinners, and marital rape laws are rendering women obsolete. Also, the apocalypse.

Not the apology that Clint Carpentier is looking for.
Not the apology that Clint Carpentier is looking for.

We met new A Voice for Men writer Clint Carpentier earlier this week, when we took a look at a recent post of his waxing nostalgic about the good old days before marital rape laws, when wives couldn’t say “no” to their husbands and expect the law to take this no any more seriously than a husband intent on rape.

In a second posting, he’s doubled down on the whole marital rape thing and incorporated into a vast and fantastical vision of the past and future of humankind that bears so little resemblance to reality that it’s worth quoting in detail as a sort of case study in Men Going Their Own Way delusions.

Carpentier, clearly a Man Going His Own Way From Reality, begins with a brief and erroneous survey of human prehistory that he seems to have picked up at the University of His Own Ass:

The concept of marriage is relatively new to the human species, but was based on the ancient contract emotionally agreed upon by our primitive ancestors when they discovered that due to their big brains, their offspring were born less mature by necessity than other, less intelligent species; this contract promoted the exchange of three C’s (cooking, cleaning, and copulation) from the female, and three P’s from the male (protection, provision, and progeny).

So not only is Carpentier returning to his notion that compulsory copulation is proper wifely duty, but he apparently thinks that the prehistoric “wife” sat around the cave all day eating neolithic bon bons while her husband marched off to hunt mammoths for her — or perhaps commuted by foot-powered car to his job as a Brontosaurus crane operator at Slate Rock and Gravel Company.

In fact, the notion that male hunters were the main providers in prehistoric society seems to have been little more than a projection of the patriarchal attitudes of older generations of anthropologists onto the past. As best as we can figure it today, prehistoric women were involved not only in extensive gathering but in hunting as well, probably providing the bulk of the calories in the prehistoric diet.

To Carpentier, apparently, it’s all gone to hell since our days in the caves. Today, he laments, “the legal system has been unabashedly twisting the ancient contract into something that amounts to slavery” for men, while giving women more benefits, including the ability to say no to sex, which Carpentier, as in his previous post, describes as a terrible hardship for men:

The responsibilities for women have been eliminated by technology and gender politics, while at the same time their contract benefits have  increased. On the whole what was once her responsibility, to copulate, has become whim and weapon. With a legal system in place which has been designed for her to exploit and abuse, it is becoming increasingly difficult to trust women enough to even associate with, never mind marry.

Yep, we’re now coming to the “I’m taking my ball and going home” part of Carpentier’s rant, a necessary part of any MGTOW manifesto worth its salt.

What women didn’t realize was that the very things which made their lives easier – be they appliances or conveniently boxed pre-made meals at the grocery store – simultaneously reduced the necessity for women.

Let’s let that sink in for a moment: because of washing machines and TV dinners, half of the human population is becoming obsolete.

Women have inadvertently been reduced to gestational incubators; everything else, men can take care of on their own.

But Carpentier is convinced that SCIENCE will soon find a way to create what he calls a “gestational beer keg” to enable men to make a little end-run around that traditional (cis) womanly function. All men will need is their eggs, and well, that won’t be a problem:

[M]ake no mistake, women will sell their eggs, and they’ll do it willingly, just as they sell their bodies … And with the advent of Vasagel, a male fertility inhibitor, which is safe, reversible, and lasts roughly ten years per shot, women will lose the stranglehold of procreation over men.

So, wait, do men want to be able to gestate babies in beer kegs, or do they want to avoid having kids altogether? To Carpentier it hardly seems to matter, as his main goal seems to be to say “I told you so” to women.

At this point Carpentier puts on his futurist cap and sets forth what he sees as two possible futures for humanity.

The first, and most obvious answer – and one I so dearly hope for – is women wake up, grow up, and take responsibility for their own life choices. Women are not children, and husbands are not their dads. A radical paradigm shift will have to happen before men begin to have trust in the ancient contract again. A burgeoning respect for the sex that created and continues to maintain the civilization women so blithely enjoy would be nice. Men have been working on it for five thousand years specifically for women. A little recognition would be appreciated.

WE HUNTED THE MAMMOTH TO FEED YOU!

And then he says the first positive thing about women I’ve seen him say:

This isn’t about misogyny. This is about disillusionment; we love women, we love their flustered approach to parallel parking, we love it… lift something heavy, or get something high down, we love their sense of helplessness, even when we know they’re not.

That’s right: the only thing he likes about women is what he imagines to be their general incompetence and their possibly feigned “sense of helplessness.”

You know what I love about MGTOWers? Their endless troubles with the basics of grammar. Diagram that last “sentence” of his. I dare you!

In any case, in this scenario, the only way women will be able to get themselves back in the good graces of the men they have wronged by, I guess, not wanting to be raped by their husbands, is for them to admit they were wrong and ask gently for forgiveness:

Men might not be willing to accept the ancient contract back, but we have an amazing capacity to forgive a guilty smile, just meet us halfway, we can work this out.

If women don’t return to men, humbled and ashamed, Carpentier predicts a rather more dramatic future. That is to say: THE APOCALYPSE.

It will start slow, with stores refusing service to those who don’t have the mark of the beast tattooed on their foreheads.

Sorry, wrong apocalypse:

The second thing I can see happening is MGTOW’s becoming criminalized. And here’s how it will happen: it’ll start with a single’s tax, applicable only to men, specifically men who live underneath the tax bracket.

Yeah, this will happen shortly after Congress passes the Monkeys Flying Out of My Butt Revenue Enhancement Opportunity Act of 2014.

Oh, but the Revelations of Clint Carpentier are just getting started. After taxing all the single men, the evil gynocracy will go after their sperm:

If Vasagel can’t be quashed at the FDA level, it will become highly taxed, or just made outright illegal; it’s unlikely anyone with a criminal record, however slight, will be allowed to get a Vasagel injection, on the fear that the doctor may well lose his practicing license. You’ll watch as your fathers, uncles, brothers, friends, get picked up one by one, for what will boil down to not manning up and doing their duty as “men.”

Dude, NO ONE — not even your poor abused socks — WANTS YOUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS.

But in Carpentier’s mind the evil gyno-governmental conspiracy to steal men’s sperm and make them all into involuntary daddies will ultimately bring everything crashing down:

You’ll feel the first shocks, as the infrastructure fails to maintain itself under the strain of invisible workers who have been imprisoned. You’ll watch as convicts are forced into slave labor to sustain the infrastructure. You’ll feel the crunch as taxes increase, then increase again, because no government seems to understand that slaves and government workers cannot create GDP; without GDP, you have no tax base, without a tax base, you can’t maintain a government, and a large portion of women work for the government, whether directly or through welfare.

And then Carpentier pulls out his trump card:

And this is only if men are so kind as not to revolt.

Yep. It’s always the same old story with these guys: If you don’t listen up, ladies, the world you know will collapse, MEN will arise as one in fury at the women who destroyed the civilization they worked so hard to build, and a new MANLY MALE MANARCHY will put itself in charge.

And presumably the marital raping will begin in earnest again.

Once again, it all comes down to fury that women can say “no.”

chimisaur

It’s cool Lana, I get misgendered a helluva lot, what with the science career, and the androgynous name, and the culturally “masculine” attitude and hobbies (that part I resent a little, but that’s on my family, not on you). So, I’m used to it 🙂

Yeah, I was wondering if I missed something important about guy anatomy with the dryness thing, but asking would have felt…invasive? Nosy? I don’t know. Socially poor form, in any case. (although how that’s worse than talking about vaginal inflammation is another mystery :P)

chimisaur

Not to imply that you should have picked up on any of that (other than the androgynous web-name, which is certainly not my (also hard-to-gender) real name! Just saying it’s happened before, more IRL even, and I’m cool with it, as most of my generation of lab-ladies is by now >_<.

lana

Well I was sitting here trying to picture a dried out inflamed penis inside of a condom .Then the condom shredding inside the vagina . I figured since you were a “guy” I wouldn’t question you because you would know right ?So I just took your word for it ! LOL!!!

emilygoddess

@David,

If anyone else has suggestions for islands or other places that might be good for MGTOWers to Go Their Own Way to, please post them. Maybe I’ll do a post about it.

R’lyeh.

@Shaun,

and I especially love Pratchett dwarves who wear high heel mining boots

I love the part where they femme up by braiding ribbons into their beards.

lana

Its funny though .I have been mis gendered quite a bit myself on forums .Even when I had a gender symbol by the name. Of course I wasn’t describing child birth or talking about my vagina but i could never figure out why .

chimisaur

@ lana – yeah, it’s weird, right? Maybe an extension of the whole male-as-default thing that society trains us to do.

In any case, it’s wicked fun (or exasperating, depends on one’s mood) when the clearing-things-up phase happens by actual meeting. “Oh, you’re the [name] that wrote that thing? Huh. I imagined you (desperate scrambling for inoffensive) …taller”

Argenti Aertheri

Lana — your boys may be older than recommended, but I’m not sure why that’s the recommended age, so it might not matter. CDC info here — http://www.cdc.gov/features/hpvvaccineboys/

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

The interesting thing about Pratchett’s dwarves is that even of those we see “going femme”–we never actually see any genitalia. So I like to think that a lot of them have penises*.

*Its hard to say what “transgender” means in the context of dwarfism, but I think a love of sparkly shit and braids knows no bounds of physical body or mental gender.

AllyLS
AllyLS

Great. Now he thinks that the government, the mostly male government, will outlaw male birth control just because being a single mother who doesn’t already have enough money and resources to care for her child is sooo easy because after mountains of paperwork and legal wrangling, the government might be kind enough to give you and your child enough money to keep you from starving.

Clint, be honest with us. Did you drink as a fetus?

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Chimisaur,

I thought you were a puppy. Are you telling me you aren’t? 🙂

Valerian

Like my husband has ever loaded the dishwasher…

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Argenti,

The idea is that you get your kids vaccinated before they are likely to be sexually active, so the CDC recommends pre-teenagers get the vaccine. I shouldn’t think that older teens would be turned away*, especially since the recommendation that boys get the vaccine is relatively recent.

*I have heard older women (like, in their thirties) get turned away/refused coverage, on the basis that there is no proof of efficacy in adult women and they’re likely exposed already, but generally getting a vaccine late isn’t a problem.

emilygoddess

@wordsp1nner, that’s a really good point. We have no way of knowing whether genitals even factor into a Dwarf’s decision to identify themselves as female.

The thing that bugs me is that the Dwarves and Trolls are shown as (1) not having a strong sense of gender identity until they move into human cities, and (2) performing femininity as defined by humans (and mainly English Morporkian humans, at least as far as we’re shown). I wish this was mentioned in-universe – yes, there are the Deep-Downers who reject femininity as a human innovation, but they’re the religious fundies of the Dwarf world. Where are the radical feminist Dwarfs?

lana

On a different note . Its again contradicting .On the one hand women are useless now but for gestating . Modern conveniences made her obsolete as maids and cooks . And since she has the right to say no to sex the ancient contract of the cave man is null and void as far as he is concerned. IOW he has no reason anymore to protect /provide for / or produce off spring with (except for that part is not true if he wants children despite his sci -fi imagined beer keg).They seem to have an issue with that though not her .

He then says later women need to grow up and take responsibility for their life choices.She is not a child and he is not her father .

Well isn’t that what women are doing and why they have the issue in the first place ?Not relying on a man to be responsible for her or to be a father replacement after she leaves his protection and provision ?

Circle back around and he says men love women to appear helpless and rely (or pretend to) on him to reach up high to get something for her (because he’s taller not because she can’t figure out how to use a step stool) and lift something heavy ?The flustered approach to parallel parking ?(even thought women on average are the safest drivers on the road /get in less accident’s get less citations ).Doesn’t that sound like him wanting reduce her to a child like state?

Aren’t they really in a nut shell describing themselves as useless and obsolete. Even what he wants to be needed for is a fake out by her . What does she get out of this deal ? Please don’t tell me the rare and precious sperm.

How many women I wonder do they think they can convince that in exchange for him raping her every day if he wants ,She gets a big strong man to open up a jar for her because her hands are so tiny and frail ?(even though she can do it herself) .

I mean really I can see myself signing up for forced sex every day in exchange for him opening my door for me.Him viewing me like a helpless infant for his own false sense of superiority. OH and bonus all the sperm I can choke down .

Thanks Argenti.

I wonder if they can test them first .My 17 yo has been sexually active .My next youngest is 24 and of course so has he been .

alternatesteve90

@Lana: Yeah, but consistency was never a thing with these fellas. They are either in denial or they simply don’t care, and sometimes, it’s both. Either way, the MRAs as a whole, pretty much all suck in a myriad of ways.

Right Chimisaur,

The default is male .The “gold standard.”

chimisaur

I thought you were a puppy. Are you telling me you aren’t?

Daww, thanks! That I take as a compliment, though my Furrinati overlord here may not. XD

Sometimes I wish I was a puppy: more eat-sleep-play time, less paperwork. Does that count?
^_^

As for lana’s commentary on the OP – I agree, if MRAs want wives/girlfriends, they really need to work on their pitch; “domestic servitude you get no credit or respect for and all the babies I can force you to pop out” is something that only appeals to a veeerrryy small part of the population, and honestly, I worry a bit for Honeybadgers and their ilk.

Argenti Aertheri

Google enthusiastic consent, find AVfM — http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/enthusiastic-stupidity/

Oh course Elam manages to make “yes means yes” into “women should have to beg for the cock in front of their parents, only way to be sure you aren’t raped”, yes, really.

“Ladies, if you want to have sex, get down on your fucking knees and beg for it.

Better yet, do it in public. Stop foreplay and take a trip to the mall so there will be lots of witnesses. When you plead for the cock, make it loud and desperate and as self-humiliating as possible — so he’ll know you’re enthusiastic. Invite your parents to watch if you have to. It is the only way to be sure you are not being raped. God knows, and so do feminists, that you’re not smart enough to know what you want and how to express it in a way that works for you and the person you are with.”

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Lana,

The CDC recommends that people get it up to age 26, so at least your youngest two shouldn’t have any problems. (If they do, bring in the CDC page that recommends that age.)

Also, the vaccine protects against multiple of the (dangerous) strains of HPV, so even if your sons have been infected, they likely still can gain protection against the other strains. (I don’t think one HPV virus protects against the others–if it had, the vaccine would probably just be exposure to an attenuated version of one of the mostly-harmless strains.)

Also, 24 year olds can be virgins, though I trust you have a better sense if that could be possible with your son 🙂

Chimisaur,

I have a sneaking suspicion that isn’t their IRL pitch . I have these discussions with men (and some women) before.

It boils down to the only reason a man would marry is for sex .(regular “enthusiastic sex) with limited reasons (in the contract) to ever say say no.Such as she is violently ill or just gave birth .(occasionally for extreme exhaustion ).There is no other “excuse.” That’s the only reason after all to get married. In the Christian world it really the only ‘legitimate outlet for sex .”

Its not for companionship you can have friends for that .Its not for love .”Love is not a feeling.”

When I suggested (more than once to more than one person) .O.K that’s fine that’s your right to decide the reasons you would marry .(or THE reason) Just make sure to propose to her under those terms .

On bended knee…Will you marry me for sex ? I want to marry you as a legitimate outlet for regular “enthusiastic” sex no matter how shitty you feel (with few exceptions ) or no matter how shitty our relationship is other wise till death do us part you can’t say no?(literally because no divorce allowed but for adultery of if Im beating the shit out of you all the time) I don’t need a friend or confidant or companion I can have those all I want without getting married .But I ONLY get to pick one person out for sex . I’m picking you. For life .By the way I have a raging libido and will want sex at least once a day sometimes twice for at least a decade or two.

Of course I was told I was ridiculous for suggesting that . I want to know why though? I know why because not many women would marry under those terms.

Wordspinner,

Thank you for looking that up . My 24 yo although has had limited sexual contact I do know he is not a virgin . But what you are saying is even if they have picked it up the vaccine could cover other strains that they may not have .

chimisaur

Terrible as it sounds, the sex thing might work for some people. The part of MRM marriage that bothers me the most is the assumption that after the sex contract is made you no longer get to make any of your own money or opinions, in the meantime your wonderful husband is expected to get all chest-pound-y about what a good provider he is and rub in just how much he does for you never mind that being locked up in the house with no “friends to poison you against him” and as many children as he wants is not exactly anybody’s idea of fun, it shit he’s worked hard to procure for his woman, damnit!

They say that a real woman shouldn’t be self-supporting, then whine and act like they’re some kind of slaves for having the larger income. It’s infuriating!

lana

Yes the sex thing IMO might work for “some people” indeed . I just don’t think for most .Or that many couples one of them might end up feeling like it turned sex into nothing but a duty /obligation to honor a “contract.” And become a dreaded ordeal. I could be wrong though.I would not agree to that and most that I know wouldn’t either.

Also most the ones I have met have no issue sharing the burden of the finances. In fact they might expect their wife to work .(earning) They are more likely to have a problem if she earns more than him though.

But I know the type you are talking about too .There is one minister that doesn’t “allow” his wife to even wear pants .She is restricted to mommy duties ,cooking and cleaning,shopping for necessities .She’s not allowed to cut her hair . And he makes all decisions .(Im sure including who she associates with ) and of course he doesn’t believe in BC.

lana

OH …but my point was LOL>>>If the proposal was framed that way (honestly) not many would agree to it . We were talking about how they “pitch ” it .

I would have never married and I guess cant imagine many would at least not in civilized world that would agree to a marriage proposal that you are useless to me but for sex .

lana

They say that because then she is reliant on him and has to pay him back through sex.(he is owed) They only become “slaves” if she doesn’t put out enough for his taste. So her choice is to either be a prostitute or a slave master.

chimisaur

True that! I think I was probably just speaking from a place of embitterment towards my Red Piller (or Generic MRM; they blend together for me sometimes and I take pains to not listen to him to carefully) father-in-law. His ideas on how his girlfriends should act are just obscene, and as someone who likes sex but not housework, and has previous terrible experience with the aforementioned house-work-pushing part of that movement, I was probably injecting some personal preference into that. Of course, both are terrible and just wrong!

lana

I know this because i have read probably a few thousand accounts in the past 9 years.

The guys who want MORE sex (I’m not talking about celibacy in marriage /don’t get married if you want to be celibate) .Just more sex or even specific sex acts they want she is not willing to do .The ones that are the sole providers or earn a lot more ALWAYS mention that in regards to the lacking sex . They feel “used.” So they some how correlate (like the cave men) providing = sex.

Just as many men who want more sex than they are getting that have a wife that earns as much or more never mention their financial contribution as a reason that she should have more sex with him .But they may say such things as I “help her out around the house” or I “watch the kids for her so she can have time to herself.”

lana

I get that . All in all I would rather have sex when Im in the mood ,but I’m rarely ‘in the mood” to do house work! LOL>>> I do like (or did ) raising the chillens as frustrating and as exhausting as it could be at times. But I would never wan’t to approach sex as similar to cleaning the floors..YUK!

I don’t have “house cleaning dreams” …I do have “sex dreams ” though ! (wink)

Marie
Marie

@ashley

thank you for apologizing. That one felt much more sincere than the last (imo)

@argenit aertheri

Bleh. Of course he manages to turn it into that :/ He’s got to take it farther than those people who act like asking for consent turns sex into robot lawyer contracts.

@lana

He sounds like such a creep 🙁 Hope she’s doing okay, at least.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Pratchett dwarves…

I honestly never thought that all of the “femme” dwarves were biologically female, I have *always* felt that some of them would be biologically male. Since it doesn’t actually figure into their culture or language, there is no way for them to express this except through Morporkian (English) terms, but they just want to wear prettier clothes and drink not beer ocassionally. Of course I *do* realise that this was *my* interpretation. But my love of the Pratchett dwarves (and please bear with me, I’m exhausted and this is a difficult thing for me to adequately convey but I will try here) is the fact that it takes into account the default male position, by making it the disappeared woman position. It is the same/opposite as/of (for an easy and lazy example I will use) the burka, in that women “disappear” in a culture (in theory, although in the case of the burka it really makes women far more visible instead of invisible like it is supposed to). There’s a whole mess of this idea and it’s various offshoots and permutations that runs screaming and naked through my head whenever I’m reading the Pratchett dwarves and I understand what I think of it, but it is almost impossible for me to explain it in words. Basically Pratchett dwarf women have been excluded from society by *not actually existing* in the way that women have been excluded from virtually all recent societies, but in our case it is by existing only for men.

lana

OMG This guy is trying to make women believe that somehow we are the losers because our price tags bottomed out through too much supply .The demand for marriage/monogamy (what women want (not men) went down because women made sex cheap.

And he had the NERVE to accuse “who?” of dehumanizing women ?

Hey idiot LISTEN up ..I’m not a fucking SEX supply for some man demanding it! Married or not ! I’m not “for sale.”

kittehserf

I can’t hear the video (no loss, heh) but it doesn’t seem to occur to this twerp that we don’t actually need to marry if we don’t want to – least of all to idiots like him. A man who sees women as some sort of commodity whose value has dropped isn’t worth marrying – or fucking, or talking to, or asking the time – in the first place, so if he’s getting in a snit and not wanting to touch all these nasty used-up women, then it’s a win-win situation.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

MGTOW: I’m taking my bat and my ball and going home, so there!

Everyone else: But we’re playing backgammon.

MordsithJ
MordsithJ

Funny. Every time Elam opens his mouth, all his sexual fantasies fall out.

SredniVashtar
SredniVashtar

Hey guys, slightly off-topic but I saw this cartoon on a webcomic I like recently and thought the commentariat on this blog might appreciate it:

kittehserf

Sredni – ah yes, the Straw Feminists!

I love Hark, a Vagrant. 🙂

MorsithJ – yes, and a steaming pile of rapey vomit they are, too.

Sir Bodsworth – LOL!

CassandraSays

@ lana

Funny, because I would estimate that guy’s sexual market value at about $1, and that’s only if he offers to drive the woman around.

Kitteh.

But I wish you could listen ..Its for the woman’s “protection.” Before the sexual revolution she was protected (valued as high price thus demand UP) . Its the sexual revolution that has lowered her price tag . Marriage is her only way to keep value on her pussy!(collective ‘her)..other wise basically we are a dime a dozen . OH and its the Abrahamic religion that saved all the women in marriage. Now its all gone to shit because of fem nazzi’s OOPS I mean the sexual revolution !!!!

Got it????????????????????

Cassandra ?

I would rather walk .

Argenti Aertheri

Cassandra — ass gas or grass and he sure isn’t getting ass or your weed? (Tell me you’ve heard that one?)

CassandraSays

I’ll give you 50 cents for him, but only if he comes with a coupon for some sort of spa service and I’m allowed to throw him away on my way out the door.

kittehserf

Oh thanks lana, now my eyes have rolled out again! 😛

Hmm, I’d have put this guy’s sexual market value at about one mark. That is, the mark as it was during the Weimar Republic’s hyperinflation, where a loaf of bread cost 80 billion Reichsmarks.

lana

The best part is he explains all this buying and selling of stock in TWO minutes! The whole rise and fall of the “stock market” explained in 120 seconds! Its simple like an infomercial !What are you waiting for ??Hurry offer ends at midnight!

CassandraSays

I would like to amend my previous offer to specify that whatever freebie comes with this guy absolutely must not involve any sort of financial advice.

lana

Cassandra you are the stock. So yeah take no financial advice from this guy .UNLESS you want to be bought at a premium!

Argenti Aertheri

How about some potting soil? You’ll have to sweep it of my floor though. (Hair algae is also available!)

CassandraSays

I wonder how he’d feel if we pointed out that each of your new baby fishies is more valuable than he is.

Argenti Aertheri

SQUEE! They are, they bring happiness and joy! And you might even get to see them soon, though I may have to video them so you can spot the movement.

Argenti Aertheri

They are, seriously, about this big currently ___