alpha males dawgies evil wives evo psych fairy tales irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny patriarchy PUA women are dogs

Vox Day: Don't call your wife "the boss," because women are dogs, or something.

You may now lick the bride's face.
You may now lick the bride’s face.

But our old nemesis Vox Day isn’t having any of it. To refer to your wife as the boss, even as a joke, is to threaten to loose the forces of anarchy and chaos and feminism upon your family. Also, women are dogs. On his Alpha Game blog, he writes,

If you let a dog think he’s the boss, he will cease to defer to you and begin objecting, violently, when you interfere with what he now believes are his prerogatives. Women are no different.

That’s right. Give in an inch to your wife, and the next thing you know she’ll be sitting on the furniture and insisting on eating “people food” at the table.

It’s a tad ironic that Vox here has decided to degrade women by comparing them to dogs, when his whole “alpha” schtick is based on misguided notions about the behavior of “alpha dogs” and wolves.

It’s one thing to turn over your social calendar to your wife due to a lack of interest in the various social obligations of the family. But checking in to see if there is scheduling conflict, or simply being courteous enough to see if your wife minds if you go to the football game does not make you an employee or a child. Therefore, it does not make her the boss. And what might have been an ironic jest in the days of Mad Men is often taken quite literally now.

Marriage: an endless power struggle in which the wife must always lose.

What a lovely vision of the world!

I should also add that you should never ever, even jokingly, refer to Bruce Springsteen as “the boss” either, because if you do he’s going to be hounding you to hand in your TPS reports and forcing you to work on Saturdays. You don’t want that.

EDITED TO ADD: In the comments on Alpha Game, cailcorishev expands a bit on the whole “women-as-dogs” thing in what he evidently thinks is a humorous way:

Since you mentioned dogs: virtually everything about disciplining a dog and being the pack leader applies to leading a woman (or children). I’m convinced that, if you took a woman on a 45-minute walk every day, as Cesar Millan recommended for dogs, it would eliminate a lot of her problems. Just make sure you lead her, having her take your arm and follow you where you want to go — or use a leash if she’s into that kind of thing.

I can only hope his wife — if there is an unfortunate woman holding this position — pees on the rug and chews up all his important paperwork.

sawburst

Dear “man boobz”,

sawburst

Dear “man boobz”, you are a serious moron. I can even tell you’re not a male, because no male would stoop this low to make fun of the art of chauvinism and misogyny, you can’t just deny statistically proven facts. Everything that women use in their daily lives, us men did it. You don’t provide valid arguments, instead you try to be like The Onion, seriously, just stop.

cloudiah

I wonder if it’s okay to turn your social calendar over to your dog? I wonder what our social calendars would look like if they were designed by dogs?

CassandraSays

Social calendar as organized by a cat

9AM – Sleep
10AM – Groom
11AM – Sleep in different spot
12PM – Demand treats
1PM – Nap in sunbeam
2PM – Groom again

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@cloudiah I can imagine it would be a bit of a dog’s lunch.

I will make sure to remember this post when he calls feminists humorless for not liking rape jokes.

Ashley

I laughed my ass off at that post yesterday. You have to have a few chemical imbalances going on in order to take that kind of nonsense seriously. I almost feel embarrassed for the author.

bodycrimes

I wonder if he has too much personal experience of this – maybe his wife controls everything?

blanktie
blanktie

“Some married men like to jokingly refer to their wife as “the boss,” generally in a patronizing manner that suggests she’s nominally in charge of the boring everyday stuff in the household that he doesn’t really care about anyway.”

This. I’ve been trying to figure out what I hated about that phrase and I think you summed it up perfectly. There doesn’t seem to be any real power there, just (more “unglorious”) stuff he lets her do because he doesn’t want to. -facepalm-

Xen
Xen

Dogs are a man’s best friend. Let them get married!

But I like how he says that if you don’t discipline the dog it will turn on you. Yeah, more like “man’s best slave”. Dog’s are simple, food equals obedience in most cases, no need to be harsh with them.

leftwingfox

Most times I hear guys calling their wife “The Boss”, it’s casting them as the buzzkill. “I’d like to go out drinking with you, let me check with the boss”, “I’d love to buy that expensive geek fetish, but The Boss says no.”

serrana
serrana

If I’m going to be a dog, can I be this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/niera/5751297052/

leftwingfox

Once Vox Day starts making valid arguments, we’ll reply to them. Until then, we continue to point and laugh at the monster as it shambles through life like a low-grade horror movie effect.

serrana
serrana

Yes, because valid arguments WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@sawbirst Nope. Everything that women use in their daily lives other people “did it”. You were too busy whining on the Internet.

Howard Mercury

Do any woman or girl live with Theodore Bael? I’ve found he has three children.

blanktie
blanktie

“Everything that women use in their daily lives, us men did it.”

Putting aside how false that is for a second, I guess you’re okay with being associated with the bad things other men have done over the centuries up til now as well…? I mean, you’re so quick to take credit for the good things a minority of men do…

vaiyt

Whenever I feel statistics being misused like by that piece of work in the first two comments, I feel the need to forcibly feed someone with Legos. You don’t use inequality to justify inequality! “Oh yeah, men are clearly superior to women and that’s why we must fight tooth and nail to deny them equal opportunities! It’s not like our pretensions of superiority would be threatened, no way!”. Ugh.

serrana
serrana

blanktie, opium4themasses was being sarcastic, I’m pretty sure.

lana
lana

Just because your courteous to her it doesn’t mean your wife isn’t still your dog.

vaiyt

“I guess you’re okay with being associated with the bad things other men have done over the centuries up til now as well…? I mean, you’re so quick to take credit for the good things a minority of men do…”

That also sticks in my craw. First, because of the implicit racism in that the same “argument” can be turned around against any disadvantaged group. Yeah, women have won less Nobel Prizes than men coming from Trinity College, but the same is true for Latin Americans.

Second, statistically, the overwhelming majority of men did NOT do anything of note. So, we can conclude that humanity as a whole is completely mediocre and no human should be allowed to try inventing anything ever.

Howard Mercury

According to Islamic law of Iran atonement of one woman is less than atonement of left ball of man. he may love this law

blanktie
blanktie

Serrana:
“blanktie, opium4themasses was being sarcastic, I’m pretty sure.”

I was replying to sawburst, who seemed to be being “serious”

I’ve been clumsily typing this up on my phone and don’t really have the quoting thing down yet, sorry

lana
lana

Since the day has passed that raping your wife is illegal ,the wife is the boss. Whether she allows him to do her “doggy” style or not is completely up to her .

She is the gate keeper ,she controls the sex .

Or have they already forgotten that part ?

Ally S

David, watch out! We’ve got a badass here.

Bina

Everything that women use in their daily lives, us men did it.

Pppppffffft. Women were the first programmers, and invented many of the programming languages we still use on our computers. Google Grace Hopper, she was recently honored with a Google Doodle.

And a woman also invented the technology still used in wi-fi to this day. Ever hear of Hedy Lamarr?

Not to mention that none of you oh-SO-great men would even be here if not for a woman…

You have been schooled, little boy. Now run along and play on the freeway.

Gigi
Gigi

It seems hard to believe people take this seriously, but I think I had an experience with this. Years ago I went into a home store with my husband and saw an acquaintance there looking at paint samples with her husband. Totally normal so far. I went up and said hi and something about paint and she started explaining that her husband had chosen some paint and she didn’t like it so they were there looking at paint. Still a very normal thing to happen. Choosing paint together. But it was the way she said it, like she was embarrassed or apologizing. I thought it was just accidental so I joked with my husband for a second about “You tell ’em. Get the paint you want.” Or something similar. Then we said our polite goodbyes and went on. Things still felt normal and I didn’t have a second thought about it.

About 15 minutes later she came up to us by herself at the other side of the store. She looked at the ground and explained to us that she would never think of overruling her husband’s decision or pushing her opinion. Something like that. She didn’t want us to think that. I don’t remember what we said back and then she left. We were stunned but I still didn’t think too much about it. I’ve always thought she had decided to come over herself so that we wouldn’t think she was “bitchy” or something. I just really didn’t think about it much until now this reminded me. Now I wonder if her husband made her come find us and tell us that so it wouldn’t look like she was the “boss” or “wore the pants” or whatever. Possibly because my husband was also there? Another man who might judge him? I don’t know but that thought makes me sad.

Salacious
Salacious

@sawburst “Everything that women use in their daily lives, us men did it”

Salacious
Salacious

@ Bina you beat me!! haha

Salacious
Salacious

Also, what do inventions have to do with referring to your wife as a dog?

serrana
serrana

Sorry, blanktie, I can see your quote is different from opium’s paraphrase now. I missed that.

kittehserf

Ashley, stop it. Every time this comes up, you drop some sort of reference to mental illness. It’s wrong, it’s not clever, it’s not funny, and all you’re doing is giving arseholes like this a free pass while adding to the blaming attitude toward people who do have mental illnesses, chemical imbalances in the brain, and so on. Seriously, just stop.

Salacious
Salacious

I think they are just raging a-holes, not people with disorders, but that’s speculation. Either way, I think they could use some therapy to work through the anger.

Bina

I should also add that if not for Ada Lovelace, Charles Babbage’s Analytical Engine would be just another “but what does it DO?”

lana
lana

Right Kitteh,

Besides stupidity is not caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain .

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

How fitting that he chose Cesar Millan as his example, since Millan uses highly controversial methods that many dog trainers view as brutality and animal abuse.

Bina

The more I hear MRAs comparing me to a bitch, the more I appreciate my cats.

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

So he basically wants to be the boss without doing anything to deserve that position. His wife runs everything anyways but he has to be ‘the boss’ because of what? Because of a penis between his legs? Dear god.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

Hi all. I’m hijacking the thread to link to this, as I think it wouldn’t be seen by as many people if I necro’d the personal thread. David, feel free to mod as you see fit.

My friend Robert Stewart has been missing from Annapolis, MD since December 5th.

Those of you who follow my Twitter feed have probably seen me tweeting this “missing” poster every day, which gives his physical stats: https://twitter.com/MollyRen/status/411188518874906624

Basically, Robert hasn’t come to work, hasn’t visited his apartment in Annapolis, MD, and hasn’t been in contact with any of his friends or family since December 5th. Since he was a responsible guy before this, he’s being classified as “critically missing”.

I’m sharing this on Manboobz because I’m basically trying to get the word out any way I can, and I know y’all get a lot of traffic. Since the police, a search party, and a local waterways search has turned up nothing, we’re pretty sure Robert is still alive and may have left Annapolis to go to a neighboring town or city. If you’re in Maryland or DC right know, or know someone who is, could you pass this information on?

And if you were in Annapolis, MD around the time Robert disappeared and have any information, we would REALLY like to talk with you!

Thanks so much everyone!

Ally S

I’m glad I’m not the only one who isn’t a fan of Ashley. On a related note: I kind of feel bad for bringing this up because it’s very confrontational, but she showed herself to be rather cissexist in an argument I once had with her on her blog. And it really bothered me. Perhaps she has changed her views, but I wasn’t happy with the fact that she put me (mxe354) and a few others in the moderation filter because some commentators reported being “attacked by anti-feminists.” As if somehow saying that trans women are women is anti-feminist.

neuroticbeagle

If women are dogs and dogs are part of the Furrinati, does that mean women are part of the Furrinati too?

tedthefed
tedthefed

“the art of chauvinism and misogyny.”

Howard Mercury

Sorry for my English grammar. Did anybody understand my last comments? My English really sucks

kittehserf

Oh, that pic, neuroticbeagle! 😀

I can hear milor’ responding to the “are women part of the Furrinati?” question with “Oh no you don’t!”

MollyRen, I hope Robert is okay. 🙁

Ally – I haven’t time to check that link yet, but I’m a bit weary of Ashley’s repeated “oh they’re crazies” comments. It’s got real old.

D.E. Cantor

To give credit where it’s due, he referenced “Mad Men,” a show still on the air and not “Sex and the City,” the favorite of those of similar views, which has been off the air for years.

sparky
sparky

lana said:

Besides stupidity is not caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain .

Amen. This right here.

sawburst: Well, bring it. You got any “statistically proven facts” that women are dogs who need a strong and domineering man to lead them or else they piddle on the carpet? I don’t think you do. In fact, I know you don’t.

Ashley

This is David’s site. If he has a problem with my comments, then he can say something to me. But I won’t be told what to do by other commenters,

this one is between perspectives
this one is between perspectives

Bina beat me too Salacious, so I present the amazing Ada Lovelace

Diana Adams
Diana Adams

‘Grace Hopper was one of the first computer programmers, so please stop using that computer you’re currently on to type irrelevant garbage with.’

Actually in the past programming was seen as ‘women’s work’ the first programmers on the eniac were also women. There was also a time when science was for women while men were learning classical languages. Only when these became lucrative were women pushed out of those spheres. Current (and past) misogynysts are the laughing stock of the world.

1 2 3 5