are these guys 12 years old? attention seeking matt forney oppressed white men playing the victim PUA racism rape red pill

Matt Forney — yes, THAT guy — dances on Nelson Mandela's grave

Nelson Mandela, RIP
Nelson Mandela, RIP

For more proof that bigotries flock together, let’s take a look at some tweets the always despicable Matt Forney made today after learning of the death of Nelson Mandela:

His “statistical evidence” of an alleged “white genocide” in South Africa? A page that links to a curious document full of unsourced claims and hysterical language, and which refers to South Africa’s former apartheid system as “so-called apartheid.” (It’s a pdf; TRIGGER WARNING for gruesome pictures of murder victims.)

Here’s a piece from Africa Check debunking similar claims of a “white genocide” in South Africa.

Forney’s “statistical evidence” that life was better for everyone under apartheid comes from a publication called “The New Observer.” To get an idea of what sort of publication this is, here are some of the top stories on the site at the moment:

• Liberals Aghast as US’s “25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods” All Happen to be Black
  • The Extermination of Whites in Europe: “We Are the Last 3 German Children in Our School.”
  • If White Americans Don’t Start Having Babies Now, the US Will Vanish by 2100

Here’s another Africa Check piece that takes on widely disseminated Facebook post that also claims things were better under apartheid.

Forney’s “statistical evidence” that “[u]nder Nelson Mandela and his successors, South Africa became the rape capital of the world” is a link to an article in World Net Daily about a single serial rapist in South Africa. There are no statistics in it.

While it’s a bit ironic to see Forney — an admitted girlfriend-abuser who once wrote that “[w]omen should be terrorized by their men [because] it’s the only thing that makes them behave better than chimps” — grandstanding about violence against women, it’s actually rather hard to track down reliable statistics about rape in South Africa, much less statistics about rape during apartheid, because back then the white authorities didn’t exactly give a shit about black victims of rape.

Many of those who’ve studied the culture of rape in South Africa argue that the country’s history of apartheid made the problem far, far worse, engendering “an exaggerated culture of aggression and male dominance, among both black and white,” as one researcher has argued.

My favorite tweet of the bunch, though, is this one:

Yeah. Screw Anne Frank, too. All she did was sit around in that dumb attic.

Here’s “Free Nelson Mandela,” by the Special AKA. When it came out, I never believed it would ever come true.

RIP.

EDITED TO ADD:  Thanks to @HamSushi on Twitter for pointing me to Forney’s lovely tweets!

Brooked
Brooked

I just assume racist right-winger’s would keep white supremacist nazi types at arm’s length, if just for appearances. Even after Pat Buchanan and John Derbyshire were deemed to be too openly racist for The National Review crowd and ended up at Vdare, they still deny the white nationalist label by claiming to be anti-immigration and race “realists”.

Sheppard seems beyond the pale, even if he’s dressed up as a martyr to political correctness and hate crime laws. Forney links to Donovan, who slithers around Sheppard’s nazism (“whether you agree with him or not, Simon Sheppard stood up to tyranny”). Thanks for the clarification, though, I’m always interested to see how people try to recast racist doctrine and pretend it acceptable.

The Heartiste/Forney/Jack Donovan wing of the manosphere is pretty much all “alt-right”.

Is The Spearhead in the same vein?

bodycrimes

MF is such a funny guy. The other night on Twitter he complained that feminists were saying he was broke and unemployed – and then he failed to rebut that. He’s so desperate for attention he tweeted his own loserdom!

Mejas
Mejas

“Are MRAs ever just, like, …”

“…or at most, they confuse it with lust and the desire to possess someone.”

Ahem.

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighbourhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families, that he is considered as the rightful property of someone or other of their daughters.”
― JANE AUSTEN, Pride and Prejudice

“So much of the language of love was like that: you devoured someone with your eyes, you drank in the sight of him, you swallowed him whole. Love was substance, broken down and beating through your bloodstream.”
― JODI PICOULT, Nineteen Minutes

sn0rkmaiden
sn0rkmaiden

‘yep. Maybe change the headline to “Matt Forney Flails Desperately For Attention On Nelson Mandela’s Grave.”

@Mordsithj, that sums it up very well.

Ah, so you guys know all about Simon Sheppard, I encountered him via Claire Khaw’s bizarre blog, from which I gleaned Simon’s idea of a perfect day for a man:

It’s quite far down the post on pages she’s scanned from one of his books, if any of you can be arsed to check it out it’s pretty hilarious (and misandrist in my view) 😛

@ bodycrimes, I wouldn’t be so sure, he hasn’t ridiculed dead children yet has he?

Leum
Leum

@Mejas, I can’t speak for Picoult, but Austen was a satirist. And one of the thing P&P critiques is the way the culture of the landed gentry encouraged seeing marriage as purely a way to improve one’s social standing. An attitude that was largely a product of patriarchal norms that made women dependent on male relatives.

sn0rkmaiden
sn0rkmaiden

@Leum, no you see satire, according to the worldly wise MRAs, is when you write something grotesquely dumb and offensive and then say ‘Aww, I was only being satirical!!’ when someone calls you out on it.

@Mejas, Jane Austen = Hypergamous bitch, amiright??

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

And I felt like a terrible person for being glad Madiba passed away in the week I wasn’t working.

Matt Forney is good for one thing – making me feel like a better human being.

Mejas
Mejas

“Women Are Natural-Born Stalkers, and That Can Be a Good Thing”

And BTW

“SCIENCE Is Finally Catching on That FEMALE PROMISCUITY Is Natural”

aebars

Shouldn’t this have the ‘literal Nazis’ tag?

daintydougal
daintydougal

The tag (@realmattforney) is making me laugh. Is he afraid people might get him confused with some other matt forney who isn’t a complete arse?

Also I don’t believe I have ever gone onto a site I disagreed with a proceeded to dump lots of irrelevant links in the comments. What a peculiar urge that must be.

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

Exactly! The Bennett women would be booted out of their home and on the street if the patriarch died, and Austen was obviously pointing out how seriously fucked up that was.

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

And then Mejas follows up with evo-psych bullshit. LOL. Keep flailing.

NonServiam
NonServiam

I have no especially set beliefs in the afterlife, but I would like to say I hope there’s some kind if hell for people like Forney and some peaceful place for heroes like Mandela.

hellkell
hellkell

I see Mejas went to the Not Good school of commenting–throw out some links and quotes, while failing to understand them. Got it.

daintydougal
daintydougal

The link-spewers are just trying to be helpful and get us to understand how crap women are. If it entirely derails a conversation (even if that conversation was about kittens) so much the better!

leftwingfox

I was wondering when I’d hear from the racists. I honestly wasn’t expecting to hear it from the MRA folks first.

Good job, Bros. Human rights movement of the century, you are.

Bob Dole
Bob Dole

Off-topic, but here’s some more clear endorsement of male supremacy: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/12/05/celebrating-patriarchy/

How in the hell did he convince The Daily Beast he’s a moderate?

MordsithJ

I’m always baffled by the way people will go to blogs that aren’t Jezebel in order to complain about articles on Jezebel.

Bina
Bina

Mejas, do fuck off. You’re boring, and you lack reading comprehension.

Mejas
Mejas

Every night I do; and every morning too ;p

Malitia
Malitia

I’m convinced that Mejas is a random quote and link post bot.

Gen
Gen

I was hit surprisingly hard by the news of his death. I normally don’t care about celebrities and politicians and whatnot, but Madiba was just special. My heart hurts as if I’d lost someone close to me, although I’d never even met him. He was one of the greats, and I am pleased that history will remember him as such.

Unfortunately, this asshat Forney’s rants are a dime a dozen here in South Africa, where I can assure you, there really isn’t any white genocide going on.

Some white people and white people radio stations are freaking out right now, though, because apparently and for some strange reason that I don’t get, Nelson Mandela’s death will signal “uhuru” or “the night of the long knives”, where all black south africans will kill all white south africans, once again for reasons that are completely unclear but fervently believed in.

I’m torn at being amused (boy will they be disappointed), outraged (do these people not know any black people? In *South Africa* in 2013?!?) and deeply saddened (What a disgusting way to tarnish the legacy of a great human rights activist).

*shakes head* People are such assholes.

kleptonetic
kleptonetic

You’re giving him far too much credit. Never underestimate the power of MRAs to dig their shithole ever deeper.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

Where do people keep getting the idea that white people are going to disappear? The way I see it, from a genetic perspective, fair-skinned people will always exist in some form because the alleles that code for it won’t go away. Maybe White Nationalists should take Genetics 101 again and pay attention this time around.

Also, I’m curious who Forney considers “white.” People who look European can be found in the Middle East as well. However, these people are Muslim and that probably excludes them from being white in Forney’s eyes. I also wonder if he doesn’t consider Italians or Greeks “white,” like many of his ilk.

Screw you Forney, you’re an awful human being. Mandela was a great man, a kind man, unlike you. Stop trying to make South Africa into some White Nationalist paradise, black Africans are and always will be the majority there. There are only white people there because of colonialism. Why can’t you guys get it through your thick skulls?

tl;dr. Mnemosyne hates White Nationalists.

Hry
Hry

Whites are a minority here in Chicago, and it still exists.

Do you have any evidence for this, other than that you live there?

MordsithJ

And even if it did happen, what’s the big deal? These guys are always banging the evolution drum, you’d think they’d at least consider it an interesting possibility.

Hry
Hry

― JANE AUSTEN, Pride and Prejudice

― JODI PICOULT, Nineteen Minutes

This post tells me that you don’t understand metaphors. Or dry nineteenth-century witticisms. But if you seriously think that Jane Austen is representative of 21st-century feminism, more power to ya, skippy.

hellkell
hellkell

Hry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago#Demographics

Whites are not the majority.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

Really, Hry? You don’t believe whites *aren’t* the majority in Chicago? I live in Chicago too and I can assure that is the case. The Sun-Times even did a story on this a while back.

MordsithJ

I suspect Hry was asking for evidence that Chicago still existed, per David’s claim.

gelar
gelar

I think he’s jokingly asking David to prove that Chicago still exists.

gelar
gelar

Ninja’d!

sparky
sparky

Matt Forney is a joke and an asshole and I wish he’d stop using Patrick Starr as his little avatar there.

And how on earth did we get onto Pride and Prejudice and what the hell is it supposed to prove? It’s pretty clear Austen was skewering the situation of middle and upper class British women in the 19th century. I mean, have you actually read Pride and Prejudice? The plot centers around how the Bennett sisters have to find rich husbands before their father does and they’re kicked out on their asses. Because the Bennett sisters are women, and can’t inherit property. And how this whole situation of powerless
women who are completely and absolutely dependent on men for financial stability turns marriage into a business transaction and courtship into something like a military campaign. And how wealth and class leads to (wait for it) pride and prejudice, which Austen considers to be major flaws her characters have to overcome. In Pride and Prejudice, Austen presents several different marriages, some based on love and some based on financial pragmatism, and it’s the marriages that are based on financial pragmatism that are presented as dysfunctional. Austen was opposed to all this tripe and believed that marriages should be made for love and compatibility, but when you have an economic/social situation where young women must marry a man who can financially support her, you’re not going to get that. And yeah, Austen isn’t a member of NOW, but her criticism of 19th century British society is right online with feminist thought. What the hell’s more feminist than “women shouldn’t be forced into a loveless marriage because they have no other available means of supporting themselves?”

And I really don’t know what Jodi Picoult has to do with any of this; that quote seems to be a metaphor for how love consumes a person, or how a lot of our metaphors for love involve consuming or being consumed. Or love as something that sustains a person, like food. Seriously, what?

Bina
Bina

“The only good thing to note is that the hate barrel really does have a bottom to it. After you’ve said girls need to be raped and you’ve gloated over the death of Nelson Mandela, where can you go from there?”

Knowing these bastards, he’ll just gnaw right through it and keep going, straight on to China…where the women aren’t “westernized monsters”, or some such shit.

kittehserf

What MordsithJ and gelar said. Hry’s commented before, zie’s not a troll.

moldybrehd

Sad about Mandela. Not really surprised about the asshats using his death to whine about racisim/men’s rights. There is nothing they won’t use, even if it means misrepresenting the hell out of it.

Re: Chicago. I also read the comment as wondering if the city was really still there, and *then* wondering it was a question about demographics.

Completely off-topic – am I the only person who hears ‘Chicago’ and immediately thinks of the song in the movie Victor/Victoria? (Don’t worry, I know the answer is ‘Yes!’)

kittehserf

Trollyboy doesn’t seem to grasp that there’s a difference between being passionately, and sexually, in love with someone, and feeling nothing but the lust and the desire to control them, which is all we ever see from MRAs. What do they know of tenderness, or care, or concern for their partner’s welfare, or pride in zir achievements, or the pleasures of talking and having things in common, or things they learn from zir, or simple friendship and companionship? MRAs don’t see women as human beings at all, just as rebellious slaves. All the evidence so far says they know nothing of love, and troll’s misapplied quotations just reinforce that.

kittehserf

moldybrehd – I might if I’d seen the film. 🙂

I think of the group, even if I can’t remember any of their song titles offhand, or the Bean, the only piece of abstract sculpture I can think of that I really like.

Fibinachi

He read P&P and decided that it was not a terrible, raging monologue against the charter like nature of trying to sell of your chattel of a woman for the highest price, where new neighbors are reduced to their potential, available wallet by desperate mothers who know it’s make or break with the marriage deals, because their children will end up starving and dead if they don’t get the courtship going quickly, but a wry commentary by a woman on how the ideal situation should be carried out to maximize your husbands utility.

Reading P&P and thinking it describes an ideal situation that benefit women and a system they have somehow contrived to set up where they can turn men into financial assets is on par with reading Catch 22 and thinking, yeah, bureaucratic systems are efficient and brilliant. Or reading The Fahrenheit 451 and thinking that, yeah, book burning is a social activity that unites people…

daintydougal
daintydougal

“uhuru” or “the night of the long knives”,”,

I’m so painfully westonised that I read Uhura (original star trek) and Uluru (I’m only 26, but the true name of ayers rock.)
And the night of the long knives was one of the first moves against the jewish population under the nazi’s.

Thank you for opening to these other things.

daintydougal
daintydougal

Now I’m terrified that my last post is down/up playing one or the other. I was just saying thank you for opening my mind some.

Bina
Bina

Funny how white racist settlers are always trotting out the “white apocalypse/Götterdämmerung/Ragnarok/end of the fucking world” scenario. Conversely, funny how MRAs are always trotting out the “end of Man/gendercide/Save Teh Menz!!!!eleventyhundredeleven!1111” scenario.

And funnier still, is how all that just somehow never happens.

kittehserf

I just did a quick read to remind myself who were the victims in the German Night of the Long knives, and it seems the term is quite old in German. I wonder if the South Africans using it now have a clue about what happened in that particular round of assassinations and arrests? Because, ah, if it’s what they’re thinking of, they’re identifying black South Africans with Hitler’s core group, and themselves not just with opponents to Nazism who were targeted, but the fuckin’ Brownshirts, who were too rowdy and independent in their violence for Hitler’s liking.

Way to make yourselves look good, not.

daintydougal
daintydougal

Ah, I’m getting confused with Kristallnacht, but yeah. A peculiar wording to use!

kittehserf

Actually if they’re Godwinning over there and painting themselves as the victims (not, like, the beneficiaries of their ancestors’ invasion, murder, enslavement of the local people, etc, etc), Kristallnacht would make more sense.

LBT
LBT

RE: cloudiah

You went to South Africa? What was it like, and how did your trip come to pass? I knew a couple folks from there, but have never been there myself.

Hry
Hry

lol. Shoulda been more specific in order to avoid being chewed out. It was an attempt to make a witty joke. The evidence part was meant to reference Chicago still existing, not whites being a minority. Can’t believe I didn’t realise that it could be construed that way.

MordsithJ

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the evidence that Chicago exists.

quequoi
quequoi

If Chicago doesn’t exist, then I don’t have to pay property taxes anymore.
Hooray!