antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? attention seeking men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA penises

Men's Rights Activist: "If women sucked d*** half as well as they suck at sports there would be no more divorces."

Women: Utterly iuncapable of athletic acheivement
Women: Utterly incapable of athletic achievement

Men Against Misandry is a blog, and a Facebook page, devoted to the proposition that feminism is misandry.

The anonymous fellow (or fellows) behind the sites, or group, or whatever it is, has apparently decided that the best way to fight the alleged misandry of feminism is with raging misogyny.

I would call it fighting fire with fire, but it’s more like fighting an imaginary campfire with the flaming pits of hell.

The latest post on the Men Against Misandry blog takes on the issue of women athletes, and why they get less attention and money than their male equivalents. Mr. MAM has a fairly simple explanation:

Why are there no truly famous women in sports?

It’s because women suck at sports. Period. We all know there’s only one real professional sports team that anybody actually cares about – the men’s team. Men just let women have their own sports teams to feel better about themselves. That’s just the truth.

I didn’t put that bit in bold. He did. He wanted to make sure we understood just how much he thinks women really suck at sports.

And in case we haven’t gotten the message yet, he continues:

You know that old saying? you throw like a girl!

Well, it’s a saying for a reason. Women just plain suck at sports. If women sucked dick half as well as they suck at sports there would be no more divorces in the great US of A.

Yep, he’s the one that put that last bit in bold, too. Indeed, he was so proud of that last sentence he posted it — just that one sentence — as a separate post on his Facebook page.

It’s all in a day’s work for this noble fighter against misandry.

Thanks to the folks in AgainstMensRights for pointing me to this blog post.

kittehserf

You’re out of luck, Not Who We Are, because the MRM is overwhelmingly about misogyny. It is who you are.

kittehserf

cloudiah, was that meant to link back to Not Whatever’s comment?

La Strega

I prefer watching women’s basketball (go Seattle Storm!), partly because there is less money involved in it. It’s more about teamwork, more about the joy of the game. Also partly because I just like looking at athletic female bodies more these days. Just sticking that in here…

Bina
Bina

Shorter: “We are NOT misogynists, women suck!”

Viscaria

It’s like if someone belonged to the X group of people, who are constantly threatening verbally to shoot the Y group of people. But then one day they noticed another X actually pointing a gun at a Y. “Dude!” They yell, “that’s not cool! You’re only allowed to threaten with words!!”

And then they came to a group of Ys to brag about calling out the X all like “there see stop complaining I don’t want anyone to actually brandish a gun at you.” Um, thanks? *golf claps*

cloudiah

Kittehs, yes, I think the poster is /u/chris3992m over on Reddit.

kittehserf

Ah, right. Didn’t know the reference. 🙂

Viscaria

Haha @Kittehs the cats do not know how much catstacking I have in store for them now that I have clicked your link.

kittehserf

LOL Viscaria! I was thinking I’d never get Mads to let me stack stuff, but I do have a pic of her self-stacking under her scratching board. I wonder if that counts?

Viscaria

Bailey might let me put things on him if he’s in a good mood. Tigger will immediately knock anything off because he needs to play with it, since all things are cat toys.

Ally S

That was a nice comment from Not Who We Are. I just wish they made similar threads in response to other things on r/mr – like, you know, people literally advocating violence against certain women who are getting child support from their ex-husbands.

cloudiah

I want to try catstacking this weekend. It’s getting cold here, and Hazel and Buster like to cuddle up lazily on my bed during the day — I bet their laziness and inertia at those times will make it possible for me to do all kinds of stacking.

Viscaria

Things that are cat toys, according to Tiggers:

– Paper
– Straws
– Laptops
– Clothes
– My brother’s tail
– Boobs

Things that are not cat toys:

– The vacuum!!!

kittehserf

There could be a great Manboobz influx of stacked cats soon! I just submitted a pic of Mads self-stacking.

Viscaria

By “my brother,” I do of course mean Tigger’s brother. I have a brother but he doesn’t have a tail.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

When Pan was really tiny (like the first couple days after I brought them home) I could stack him on top of his sister. I have pictures of it, even.

Even now, he sometimes gets right on top of her when he wants to cuddle. She doesn’t seem to mind, even though he’s just about the same size as she is.

kittehserf

I have a brother but he doesn’t have a tail.

He’s just not trying hard enough.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I haz a sad, I have been banned from stacking the cat.

kittehserf

You mean there were Cat Anger Consequences?

thebobgoblin

Any bets on who’d win a competition between this young lady and Mr. MAM here?

kittehserf

My oath! She’s wipe the floor with him.

thebobgoblin
Reply to  kittehserf

Kitteh, I think you have failed to account for the fact that women suck at sports. 😉

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — no, worse. Mom Anger Consequences.

Krazwell

Why are you women outraged over this? Are you seriously trying to tell me that gender inequality in sports is not caused by the fact that men’s sports are simply far more entertaining?

When I watch football I want to see big hits and people getting rocked – women’s sports don’t offer that kind of competitiveness in my opinion.

Flame away but I’m just expressing my opinion that women’s sports aren’t very good.

titianblue
titianblue

@louise

Well, there’s some truth in it. men are considerably stronger and faster than women, and so no woman is ever likely to be the best in any sport she plays, she might be the best woman, but she won’t beat a man at the same sport. like when Martina Navratalova played Jimmy Connors at tennis, he beat her very easily, even though she was given an advantage to try and even it up a bit.

Nope. Depends on the sport.

I give you:

Sailing:

Dame Ellen MacArthur – held the world record for the fastest solo circumnavigation of the globe for three years. Best in the world.

Helena Lucas – 2012 Paralympics gold medallist in the 2.4 mR – 1 person keelboat. At the Games she was the only woman in the fleet of 16 sailors who contested the event. On the last day, she was so far ahead that she was guaranteed a silver medal even if she didn’t sail. left all those men in her wake.

Equestrian:

Three day eventing – past world champions include Zara Philips, Virginia Leng and Lucinda Green.

Dressage – from 1986 to 2006, every world champion was a woman. Suck it up, male equestrians!

titianblue
titianblue

I’d also be interested to see male vs female gymnasts on the balance beam. Given how the male gymnastic events concentrate on strength & endurance & on conrol based on upper body strength, I’m betting a lot of male gymnasts would struggle with the balance & control required.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Equestrian:

I’d think horses beat both men and women in those sports.

Viscaria

@Krazwell (whose name links to menagainstmisandry(dot)com, interestingly):

See what you’re doing is making a general claim (women’s professional sports are less entertaining to audiences than men’s) and then you’re pulling back from that broad statement by saying you’re simply talking about your opinion of women’s professional sports. It looks like you’re trying to avoid any investigation into your general claim by hiding it under your personal preferences (which no one can argue with, though we could speculate about the influences that lead to those preferences). If that is what you’re doing, it’s extremely intellectually dishonest. No cookies for you.

Bina
Bina

Flame? No thanks. I’ll just express MY opinion that men’s rightzers aren’t very bright. And neither are you.

cloudiah

Nope, auggziliary, the only sports that exist are USian football, boxing, and NASCAR. That’s why the Olympics only last one day.

Bina
Bina

It’s not a real sport if it doesn’t lead to Dementia pugilistica, don’tcha know?

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Why are you women outraged over this?

Not everyone here is a woman, dummy.

Let’s break down your argument:

Big hits, people getting rocked, and competitiveness are the most entertaining.
Women’s sports do not offer that.
Therefore, women’s sports are not as entertaining as men’s.

The problem is that both your premises are flawed. First, the assumption of what is most entertaining in sports. Entertainment is entirely subjective. And even if we decided to go with sheer popularity, you’d still be wrong, because the most popular spectator sport in the US is NASCAR. Second, you’re basing your assessment of the entertainment value of men’s versus women’s sports on a sport in which there are almost no women’s teams. One could assume that women’s football would have all the elements you crave, but we have no way of knowing. You’re comparing apples to the complete absence of oranges.

I barely passed college logic and even I can see the flaws in your “argument”.

No, you made an objective claim. It’s right there in your second sentence. You’re falling back on “just my opinion” in an attempt to deflect criticism, but we can all see what you wrote.

freemage
freemage

Krazwell | December 5, 2013 at 2:01 am

D’awww… is the widdle speshul snowflake upset by the notion that his opinions are not, in fact, the sole arbiter of what is ‘good’? Does diddums find it bothersome to find evidence that there is, in fact, an entire system set up to cater to his tastes because he happened to get the three cherries on the slot machine (white, straight, male) on the birth slot machine?

hellkell
hellkell

I’m so glad Krazwell came her to fart out his opinion.

I’ll just opine that he is dumber than a bag of hair.

Ally S

But wait, don’t you folks know that countless influential people have used the universalization of their own personal opinions to make important claims? Just check out these examples:

“In my opinion, capitalism is bad, so we have to dismantle it!” – Karl Marx

“I think the penal system is icky and bad. Now I have the theoretical foundation for my book Discipline and Punish!” – Michel Foucault

“My opinion is that radium is a new element. So now it has to be included in the periodic table of elements, because my opinion is objective.” – Marie Curie

Krazwell is just trying to carry on a great tradition! Stop being such misandrists.

grumpycatisagirl

“When I watch football I want to see big hits and people getting rocked”

Well, I don’t. Honestly, that seems like the least interesting thing in the world to me. Perhaps my idea of entertainment is different from yours.

Flame away, but I’m just expressing my opinion.

grumpycatisagirl

LOL Ally!

kleptonetic
kleptonetic

You can’t comment on the entertainment value of something you’ve never watched. If you’ve ever even bothered to watch one professional women’s sporting event, I’ll eat my sports bra.

I’ll also note that some women’s sports when adapted from men’s sports are actually specifically rigged to make those exciting events less attainable. See also: softball. Softballs are actually weighted specifically to make hitting a homerun nigh impossible (not that some awesome women don’t manage it though) and make faster pitching speeds harder.

Honestly, I’d kind of like to know what female bodies are generally better at. I keep hearing it like typically male bodies are on average better at fucking EVERYTHING and I’m like, come on, there must be SOMETHING female bodies are typically better at than bearing children! COME ON.

I kind of tend to side eye the whole “men are NATURALLY stronger and faster and better” to begin with. I mean, yeah, very, very broadly speaking, their bodies generally can build big bulky muscles a bit better, but I honestly tend to think inequities in strength are also caused by a boat load of nurture, maybe in addition to SOME nature (mostly genetics anyway).

Even your average, barely athletic, couch potato guy will be encouraged by most outlets in our culture to do the sorts of things that build muscle (lift weights, eat lots of carbs and protein) because for guy’s bodies, the bigger the better. Women are encouraged to be smaller so are encouraged to do the sorts of things that tend to discourage big bulky muscle creation (not be athletic or at most, take an aerobics class to keep thin, eat tiny little salads).

Not that I think women should have to start taking steroids and become weight lifting champs to buck this trend, just, I think there’s a possible correlation between a society that discourages women building strength and strength inequities between genders.

Robert
Robert

Big hits and people getting rocked is what leads to traumatic brain injury in pro football players (US rules football, a/k/a handegg). I didn’t grow up in a sports oriented family; my dad took me to the library every Saturday for years, but not to ball games. I do not hold this against him.

sparky
sparky

Really? This isn’t just some guy saying that male athletes make more than female athletes because men’s sports are more entertaining. This is some guy proclaiming that “women suck at sports.” Furthermore, guy weirdly throws out some half-baked crack about blow-jobs that makes little to no sense. “Women suck at sports” is demonstrably untrue, as a few seconds of googling will reveal:

So yeah, no, gender inequality in sports is not due to men’s sports being “more entertaining.” 1. That’s an opinion. 2. Men’s sports have received and continues to receive more funding than women’s sports. Men’s sports have more hype than women’s sports. Add to that the idea that women’s sports are not “real” sports.

You are equating violence with competitiveness. That is a false equivalency. Again, this your opinion, not objective fact. It does not explain gender inequality in sports.

No, you’re not just expressing your opinion that you don’t find women’s sports entertaining. Your presenting your opinions (women sports are not entertaining or competitive) as proof that gender inequality in sports has nothing to do with sexism. And, of course, you are assuming that your opinion is the universal human opinion.

vaiyt

Meanwhile, the sport the rest of the world calls “football” finds the most entertainment when big hits are avoided with skill.

grumpycatisagirl

“Does he realize that same argument could be used to say Transformers 2 was the greatest film ever made?”

He may very well believe that it is. And that anyone who disagrees is factually wrong.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

High school and college players, too. High schoolers especially have less experience playing, the coaches are not professionals, and they don’t usually have the NFL’s budget for safety equipment.

And if we’re going by “risk of injury” as a factor in a sport’s awesomeness, then the awesomest sport is cheering. High school cheering has the highest rate of death and disability, due in large part to the absence of safety equipment, and also the lack of regulation that happens when you’re not considered a “real”sport”.

You are equating violence with competitiveness. That is a false equivalency.

Right? It’s like he’s never watched a tennis match.

kittehserf

@thebobgoblin – LOL!

@Argenti – Mom Anger Consequences, eeek!

So Krazwell’s definition of sport is men hurting each other. Colour me surprised.

grumpycatisagirl

“High school cheering has the highest rate of death and disability”

Really? This is something I did not know.

That is serious. 🙁

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Grumpycatisagirl, Google is telling me it’s only the most dangerous sport among women, which is not what I’d originally heard, but yeah. Once you start holding or throwing people in the air, things get dangerous pretty quickly, and you end up with a lot of head and spine injuries.

kleptonetic
kleptonetic

I knew there was a reason I was always secretly terrified every time I saw cheerleaders throwing each other around. Yikes, that is scary.