antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? attention seeking men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA penises

Men's Rights Activist: "If women sucked d*** half as well as they suck at sports there would be no more divorces."

Women: Utterly iuncapable of athletic acheivement
Women: Utterly incapable of athletic achievement

Men Against Misandry is a blog, and a Facebook page, devoted to the proposition that feminism is misandry.

The anonymous fellow (or fellows) behind the sites, or group, or whatever it is, has apparently decided that the best way to fight the alleged misandry of feminism is with raging misogyny.

I would call it fighting fire with fire, but it’s more like fighting an imaginary campfire with the flaming pits of hell.

The latest post on the Men Against Misandry blog takes on the issue of women athletes, and why they get less attention and money than their male equivalents. Mr. MAM has a fairly simple explanation:

Why are there no truly famous women in sports?

It’s because women suck at sports. Period. We all know there’s only one real professional sports team that anybody actually cares about – the men’s team. Men just let women have their own sports teams to feel better about themselves. That’s just the truth.

I didn’t put that bit in bold. He did. He wanted to make sure we understood just how much he thinks women really suck at sports.

And in case we haven’t gotten the message yet, he continues:

You know that old saying? you throw like a girl!

Well, it’s a saying for a reason. Women just plain suck at sports. If women sucked dick half as well as they suck at sports there would be no more divorces in the great US of A.

Yep, he’s the one that put that last bit in bold, too. Indeed, he was so proud of that last sentence he posted it — just that one sentence — as a separate post on his Facebook page.

It’s all in a day’s work for this noble fighter against misandry.

Thanks to the folks in AgainstMensRights for pointing me to this blog post.

moldybrehd

Well, given that a lot of these guys also complain about having to do horrible things like shower for women, the tiniest thought of putting my mouth anywhere near them is seriously ‘Ewwwww’!

feintone

@Moldybrehd personal hygiene? MiSANDRY!

Louise
Louise

Well, there’s some truth in it. men are considerably stronger and faster than women, and so no woman is ever likely to be the best in any sport she plays, she might be the best woman, but she won’t beat a man at the same sport. like when Martina Navratalova played Jimmy Connors at tennis, he beat her very easily, even though she was given an advantage to try and even it up a bit.

lana

Men are expected to jump through hoops ya know . Our expectations are too high .

(having said that all the men and my world WANT to take a shower and shave every day )

lana

Ugh, his Facebook has a post comparing gettin raped while drunk to a drunk driver crashing their car. Because women totally just bump into rapists when their tipsy and get raped.

What does this mean ? Like if a woman gets drunk then she should not be surprised if she gets raped because she was irresponsible like driving drunk ?

Driving drunk is a crime . Getting drunk and someone raping you because you are under the influence isn’t.

BabyLawyer
BabyLawyer

My boyfriend’s cousin (who was on the silver medal US Olympic volleyball team in London 2012) would find that tirade especially adorable. Would love to watch her (very likely) tower menacingly over this bro til he peed himself.

Also
“”How many more great men are going to be chopped in half before we do something?” -Bill Burr ”

Huh?

I agree . Huh?

sparky
sparky

Also

Ehhhh. I googled this Bill Burr, apparently he’s a misogynistic comedian. That line is from a stand-up routine in which he suggests that a woman who divorces her husband and takes half their combined property is the equivalent if spousal abuse:

(TW for gendered slurs; minimizing DV; and all-around stupidity)

Shakti
Shakti

He must amuse the night staff at the ER frequently in his noble quest to create the hummer of world peace.

Is every MRA/PUA blog like this? Read at risk of injuring your eyeballs from eyerolling? Knowing them they probably mistake this for orgasms.

kleptonetic
kleptonetic

Volleyball is one of those sports I actually love to watch your typical young meathead asshole try to play. IMHO, volleyball is a much more controlled skill and team oriented sport. It’s definitely not something you really can muscle your way through, but try those meatheads will to just KILL THAT SPIKE even though they have no control so either wind up going in the net or hitting the ball out of bounds.

This is why I’m generally pretty wary of high school aged looking dudebros who show up at my pick up volleyball group from time to time. Not only are they painfully inconsistent players, they also fall into the trap of high school dudebro assuming women can’t do anything. So they run around in front of all the women who could pass well, getting the ball, and generally ruining all the plays with their terrible passing and inconsistent net game.

@kitteh, thanks for the package :). I’ve been around, actually, just under a different nym and lurking mostly.

grumpycatisagirl

Apparently the “no feminists in burning buildings or sinking ships” BS has its origins in this Bill Burr’s comedy routine as well. There’s videos I didn’t watch, but someone on a AVfM quotes from it thusly:

“There are no feminists in a house fire. That’s a guarantee. You could take the most hardcore feminist… the second those flames break out, she’s going to twist those little hairs into pigtails… and leave you standing in the burning house like you’re not flammable.”

Maybe I would understand this better in more context, but huh? Even if I *am* a misandrist bitch, you think my first reaction to my house being in flames is going to be making pigtails?

grumpycatisagirl

I found another transcript that might be more like what he actually says (I should watch the video myself, but I’m not in a place where I can at the moment):

“See what I’m saying? where are all those feminists then? You can’t find ‘em! You have no feminists in a house fire. You can take the most hardcore feminists. You know some chick right in your face. “You chauvinistic son of a bitch”, you know. Little short little haircut, you know. Second those flames break out, she’ll twist those little hairs into little pigtails. “Ooo. I’m just a girl. I wanna go play jump rope.”

I was wondering what he meant by “little hairs.” So I guess all feminists have short hair, and if they are in a fire, they will try to make it appear that they have long hair, because then you’ll think they’re worth saving from burning to death??? Also jump rope??

This is getting more and more WTF all the time.

kleptonetic
kleptonetic

“Little short little haircut, you know. Second those flames break out, she’ll twist those little hairs into little pigtails. “Ooo. I’m just a girl. I wanna go play jump rope.”

Is he assuming that every man is a lolicon? Also doesn’t GWW have a pixie cut? What is happening?

Wait, does this mean I have to cut my hair in order to maintain my feminist card? Only, I really like my long hair. It’s quite warm in the winter.

Also, the last thing I am going to be thinking about in a fire is going to be my goddamned hair, except in terms of trying to make sure it doesn’t catch fire and roast my entire head. Does this guy actually think pigtails are a survival strategy???

bekabot

I live not too far from a town which has a women’s basketball team which gets lots of publicity and which has turned into somewhat of a force in its own right. Partly this is because, due to a series of bad breaks and stupid moves, there is, as of now, no men’s basketball team in the same town, so that the women’s team helps fill up some of the gap. And partly — I have no doubt — it’s because the male fans of the team show up to watch athletic young women with flapping ponytails run up and down a basketball court (which is perfectly fine). But there’s one thing I’m sure about, and it’s that women were never the reason for the existence or growth of this team. It isn’t there to help us feel better about ourselves. It’s not there to provide us with an ego boost. It’s not there as a response to any or our needs. The reason it’s there is because men love sports; it’s there because men like sports so much that the men’s teams don’t fully saturate the market. There are dozens of men’s teams, and there’s still room for more. Here in America we’ve already got football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and there’s still room for the introduction of soccer. None of this is because of women or because of anything women think or do, it’s because there are always male sports fans out there who are willing to pay to watch another game, no matter of what, and no matter who plays. Men can always find or make time to watch more sports. Most men don’t particularly object if women participate: in fact, since most women who play sports are pretty good-looking, men have an extra incentive to watch them cavort.

What’s just the truth is that most of the stuff that happens in the world is not impacted much by what women want. (It’s mostly not impacted much by what men want either; but industries which peddle directly to desire, like the sports industry, are an exception to that rule.)

Some of what these MRA guys have to say contains a few fragments of truth, though usually it’s truth which has been so blown to atoms as to be unrecognizable. There’s enough truth in their gospel to get a disinterested observer to wish they wouldn’t say things which are flat-out untrue. That’s not going to stop them from doing it, though.

moldybrehd

Re: house on fire. I think the implication is that in the event of a fire, the feminist will revert to a feminine… thingy… so she doesn’t have to actually do anything about the fire and leave it (phoning the fire department, I guess?) up to the man. It also implies that all men are instinctual firefighters. (I thought the trope was that all men liked to blow things up, but YMMV).

sparky
sparky

Yes. I couple people up thread pointed out its like the old cliche: “There’s no atheists in foxholes.” What annoys me is that comedy like Burr’s is presented as “edgy.” There’s nothing new or witty or edgy about that. It’s an old, old cliche that women are helpless. It’s passé. The only people who’d find it funny are those who think women really are useless.

lana

How is HE getting “chopped in half” when she leaves half of hers behind ?

grumpycatisagirl

Apparently he was on the TV show Breaking Bad. I never saw that show (or many other current/recent offerings) because my TV doesn’t work, but someone else might know him from there?

lana

Hmm…so women just sit in a burning house and wait to be rescued?

Um no I have woken up to fire. The first thing I did was try and extinguish the fire. (the fire dept told me I should not have done that i should have exited and called them) once I saw no more flames it was dealing with shock and smoke and I found my 3 year old and called 9-1-1. They told me to get out of the house. Which I did .with my 3 year old .

They arrived .The fired was in fact extinguished but without the oxygen mask they are equipped with I could have (so could my son have been ) overcome by the smoke.

Sorry I don’t keep oxygen mask and fire proof gear next to my bed. But I DID extinguish a mattress on fire in a house filled with smoke all by my female self and survived.So did my child.

And Im just a girl .

kittehserf

I’m thinking of all the people who died in the Black Saturday fires here, couples who tried to save each other, or their kids, or pets, or properties … and y’know, I bet survivors who lost loved ones that dreadful weekend would tear this guy to shreds for his bullshit. People making jokes like that should fuckingwell have to try fighting a fire themselves.

Since this moron probably never heard of Black Saturday (or Australia, or any other country) here’s a relevant article about the women of 9/11:

Also less known is that women were among the firefighters, police officers and rescue workers. As the media kept talking about “firemen” and “policemen,” the existence of these women became invisible. There might have been more: women (and minority racial groups) have long alleged discrimination that’s kept many women from serving in the New York City police and fire departments. Among those who died were:

Captain Kathy Mazza, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department
Moira Smith, Police Officer, New York City Police Department
Yamel Merino, EMT

Other women who served survived, and some have told their stories. Some worked in their official capacity as police officers, EMTs and firefighters. Thousands of other women volunteered their time, as chaplains, as doctors or nurses, as rescue workers, bringing food or other supplies, helping neighbors left homeless, and in countless other ways. Here are a few of those who served officially, with some of their stories:

FDNY Lietenant Brenda Berkman, who has spoken out eloquently on the invisibility of the women of Ground Zero in media coverage
EMT Bonnie Jean Giebfried
NYPD Lieutenant Terri Tobin
FDNY Firefighter Maureen McArdle Schulman

Source: http://womenshistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa020909a.htm

grumpycatisagirl

Also, I guess every single house fire that a woman is in also has a man in it. Every single time it happens.

kittehserf

And no house fire a woman (with children, often enough) dies in is ever started by a man, usually her so-wonderful partner.

lana

Sometimes fires are accidents. Most of them are. Saying that women are incapable of dealing with them is bull shit. Saying that women sit around like dumb asses waiting for a man to save them is also bull shit.

freemage
freemage

Just that blog entry praising Bill the Shithead. Here’s a viperous feline to help folks brain-bleach:
comment image

lana

By the way ..the fire dept chief in my city is a woman .

So is the mayor.

Bina
Bina

I always feel complaining about the “friendzone” is mostly just shooting yourself in the foot. Heck, I’ve been “friendzoned” by men and even if they decided I wasn’t a romantic option, I’m still absolutely grateful to have them in my life because they do offer caring, support, and networking with their other friends and who knows that might lead to . . . this is all besides my basic feeling that it is a Good Thing to Have Friends.

Same here, and oh HELLZ yes. I was even “friendzoned” by a gay guy who remains my best friend to this day. I went through an awful period between the stages of grief and acceptance (my first honest-to-gawd contemplation of suicide, among other things), but ultimately it was more than worth it. I got myself a fine gaydar, an awareness of LGBT issues, and a bone-deep understanding of the futility of trying to force a relationship into a box it doesn’t fit, among many other gifts. So if that’s the “friendzone”, I’m glad to be in it. You still stand to learn and gain so much. Why is “I no can haz nookie” such a tragedy for these guys, anyway? I’ve gone without for much longer stretches than I’ve gone with, and I survived. Just another Girl Thing™, I guess. (shrug)

Bina
Bina

Also, put me down as another of the Bespectacled Klutzes. I’ve worn glasses since I was eight. Not only does it make depth hard to perceive, it also makes shielding oneself from incoming projectiles (eg. a baseball) a prudent thing to do. And by the time I got contacts, I was 18 and it was too late. I already loathed gym class and all the assholes in it, so I quit as soon as it was no longer mandatory to take.

vaiyt

The whole equation is simple. “There are no feminists in burning buildings” because the moment the building starts to burn, they will be rescued first, thus taking advantage of the patriarchy (you know, that thing that doesn’t exist?), becoming big hypocrites and forever proving that feminism is a sham.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@argenti Math and science require a lot of creativity. I get upset that the creativity of the sciences gets downplayed compared to the creativity of fine arts. I think a lot of writers for popular culture translate their troubles with science into writing for science-minded people. I want to be careful though. I do not want to say that fine arts are unnecessary. I just wish they did a better job with this piece.

PJ
PJ

Bill Burr makes a podcast which I tried out once. He spent a lot of time talking about baseball and then went into a long rant about Kobe Bryant’s divorce settlement and insisted women write in and justify why the ex wife was awarded so much money.

gelar
gelar

The only correct answer is, “Just to piss you off.”

Bina
Bina

“…Don’t be a co-dependent pussy. Man up and deal with the pain….”

Why the fuck is he liked by MRAs if he says this shit? They’re always fucking complaining about how men are expected to “man up”.

Don’t look for consistency from MRAssholes. They’ve always been all over the place. I think the only real thing they have is their hate. I can still remember the first time I saw one on either Oprah or Donahue. That dude in the skirt, whose name I forget. He was all about men being allowed to do whatever women could “get away with”, but he still adhered to that macho mangry shit that is the default setting for unreconstructed types. I still remember exactly what I thought of him, too: Wear a skirt if you damn well want to, I don’t care, but for fuck’s sakes, adjust your attitude! I can get this woman-hating shit from any old person in pants, dude. He was so obviously a misogynist that any valid point he had to make was lost in the man-rage. And they call US emotional?

Redcap
Redcap

feintone: “@lana now I can just picture a lonely boner, out in the snow, wrapped up in a woolly jumper. sad violin music is heard as it wanders on through a cold day, just trying to find its way home.”

I enjoyed this image immensely. Thank you.

CassandraSays: “I used to get the “I bet you’re super flexible (wink wink)” stuff about gymnastics too. Yes, and like most former gymnasts I’m also much stronger than I look, so don’t piss me off.”

Yepyep. My ex was one of those guys who thought flexible=hot, but boy did he look disappointed when he was unable to force my legs open, thanks to my amazing thigh muscles. (He was pretty close to the “actual rapist” category, but luckily? stayed on the “narcissistic/manipulative asshole” side of it. Small mercies.)

grumpycatisagirl

I have worn glasses. But I always sucked at sports anyway.

That, of course, does not mean that all women do.

grumpycatisagirl

er, I mean I have NEVER worn glasses.

feintone

@ redcap glad I entertained you! sorry that your ex was such an asshole!

lana

Maybe she sucked LESS at sucking dick than he did in sports ?

Bina
Bina

Yuppers. When I got hit by a car, at 14, I was thrown 30 feet. I still landed on the road, though, so I was anxious to get up and away before I was run over. I picked myself up, broken pelvis and all, and walked a couple of steps before collapsing in shock. But hey! At least I didn’t wait to be rescued. Even as a damsel in distress, I “manned up”, as these guys define it.

Oh dear, I just heard the sound of breaking glass. Another silly stereotype bites the dust…

kittehserf

Sports to me were always a mixture of “thing I have no interest in” and “thing I despise because all the barely literate thugs at school loved them”. The thugs included our sports teacher, who had a fondness for trying to humiliate people into taking part. I tended to see sport as something you did if you liked it, not a proper school subject or something one should be compelled to do. There was nothing said, ever, about why it was worth doing (this was the 70s, mind you).

I got very good at forging my mother’s signature for notes about why I couldn’t do Phys. Ed that day. I don’t think it was believed for a minute, but the teacher, bully though she was, evidently couldn’t be stuffed checking it out.

One time a few of us “forgot” our uniforms and were given the punishment of copying out text. Suited me fine.

LBT
LBT

This post is actually a little weird for me. See, the cis men in my immediate family were athletic. REAL athletic. My younger brother was outdoing me at volleyball well before he hit puberty. They did swimming, cycling, plus just about any sport you can name that has a ball involved, and they were GOOD at them. They believed that women were naturally poorer athletes. (Never mind that our mother was a runner; she’d destroyed her feet doing it and couldn’t do it much anymore.) They’d mock the women’s athletic teams, or women athletes, saying that various male athletes would completely stomp them.

For the longest time, I always assumed I was completely unathletic, because I was always so outshone by them. It wasn’t until I was actually around other people that I realized that sure, I wasn’t the best athlete ever, but I was actually pretty fit. I can hike forever. Before I blew out my knee, I used to run miles a week, and swimming was my overexercise of choice when my ED was in full swing. I just always assumed that it didn’t count unless I was winning games for a team.

I dunno. It’s just weird having this conversation bang into some of the sort of unstated assumptions my family had.

I don’t even GET the “no atheists in foxholes” thing. I’ve been through some shitty times, and at most, I’d turn to the Golem of Prague or Ed Wood, neither of whom I actually believe exist as supernatural entities. I just needed to scream into the void, and they were convenient thoughtforms for the process.

RE: cloudiah

Hey, I’m not a Melissa Harris-Perry worshipper,

Did she do something wrong? And actually, that’s a handy syllabus. I should hit it up; I keep meaning to read Lorde and then not.

kittehserf

This is the core of it, of course: the assumption that being bigger, stronger, faster, able to hurt someone makes you more important, more worthy of consideration. It uses male upper-body strength as the baseline and apportions worth to people on that basis.

LBT
LBT

Honestly, I’d kind of like to know what female bodies are generally better at. I keep hearing it like typically male bodies are on average better at fucking EVERYTHING and I’m like, come on, there must be SOMETHING female bodies are typically better at than bearing children! COME ON.

lana

Well we all know ..no man ever dies in a fire that’s not a fire man.

lana

No man ever saves a man . All men save themselves.

Viscaria
Viscaria

My terrible ex boyfriend used to differentiate between “sports” (good) and “games” (shameful, embarrassing) by a complicated formula that basically boiled down to: “sports” are any competitive, physical activities where young men would stereotypically have an advantage over people of other genders or anybody over 30. “Games” are any other competitive activity.

The one non-shameful kind of game is, of course, the blessed real video game. You can recognize real video games because they are played by “hardcore gamers,” as opposed to “casual gamers.” Hardcore gamers are young male people who play video games. Casual gamers are all other players of video games.

In special cases, real video games can become sports, if there is a league of (young male) players competing somewhere. Starcraft counts, apparently.

kittehserf

LBT – I’m in two minds about the “women are better at this” argument. It’d certainly be good to be reminded of that, yet I side-eye the whole idea that physical abilities – especially in fuckin’ sports, ferchrissakes – actually count for worth, and that’s what this garbage comes down to.

kittehserf

I have just found the Realest Real Sport™ ever: Catstacking!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Yes! Not Who We Are you have earned 10,000 cookies for noticing that this article was misogynistic congratulations please go eat them somewhere else kthx.