alpha males are these guys 12 years old? beta males boner rage dawgies evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny red pill reddit

Red Piller: Don't be any more angry at women for their behavior than you'd be at a dog for chewing things up.

This dog: Clearly superior to Red Pill Redditors
This dog: Clearly superior to Red Pill Redditors

Oh, Reddit! Why must you be so Reddity? As a reminder of how deeply shitty Reddit can be even outside the confines of the Men’s Rights and Red Pill and related subreddits, consider the following comment from AskReddit, in which a RedPiller responded to another comment trying to summarize the “Red Pill Philosophy” for those unfamiliar with it.

Cyralea, a dedicated Red-Pill popper himself, took issue with the notion that Red Pillers are angry. (Gosh, why would anyone think that?)  “Some are, certainly,” he wrote. “Particularly former betas who are recovering and are just discovering the nature of the world.”

But, he added,

The philosophy follows that one shouldn’t be any more angry at a women for her behaviours than one gets mad at a dog for chewing things up. We encourage self-improvement and self-respect in light of this newfound information. Some men use the knowledge to pursue sex, but others use it within their relationships/marriages. Alpha behaviours lead to healthier, stronger relationships. The women we date end up more satisfied in the long run, so both parties benefit.

I think it’s easy to get distracted by the angry people in /r/theredpill. There has been a recent influx of subscibers, so there’s been a little more angst than usual. The philosophy absolutely doesn’t hinge on anger though, though the language used may suggest such.

Emphasis added. As of this moment, this comment has a net 7 upvotes, 11 upvotes and 4 downvotes. That’s right: 11 Redditors saw this comment suggesting that women are like dogs who chew up sneakers and thought, “I’d better reward this bit of timeless wisdom! UPVOTE!”

In a followup comment, Cyralea tried to explain why the word “bitch” pops up so frequently on the Red Pill subreddit. Amongst Red Pillers, he noted, “bitches” is

Oh, “bitches” is like “fags.” Well then, no problem, use the word all you want, my dear fellow!

The mods removed this followup comment (though it’s still visible in his comment history). Apparently, in AskReddit, explicitly comparing women to female dogs is fine, and will even win you some upvotes, just so long as you don’t actually use a word meaning the same thing.

Thanks to a reader for pointing me to this very Redditty discussion.

vaiyt

My mother isn’t smart enough to deal with cats. The dog already stumps her – he’s managed to condition her into giving him treats. She always gave him food to shut him up when we’re having a meal. The dog, not being stupid, quickly realized “barking during meal = treat” and now does it as much as possible.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

chimisaur — those ears almost look like the poodle puppy’s (my former roomate’s dog, unless you asked the pup, in which case I was his human). Are they all fuzzy? Give her an ear rub from me? I miss that little shark poodle (long story)

Also, hi! 🙂

lana

I would like to hear “the women they date” side of that story .

kittehserf

Could be difficult getting the story from imaginary or RealDoll dates …

lana

Could be difficult getting the story from imaginary or RealDoll dates …

Or the pages could be stuck together.

kittehserf

EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Well, it might cause the women the Red Piller’s date to get out faster, which would cause them to be better off in the long run…

kittehserf

Red Pillers, the One-Date Wonders.

lana

Red Pillers, the One-Date Wonders.

We go dutch and we’re proud of it !

feintone

i bet those stories usually go something like ” I went on one date with a really creepy guy. he got really weird about splitting the dinner bill, and called me a rude name when I took more than five seconds to find my credit card. needless to say, I changed my number and never saw him again. dodged a bullet there”

feintone

screwed up the Blockquotes, sorry. i was responding to lana’s “I would like to hear “the women they date” side of that story .”

Shiraz
Shiraz

Wait, red pillers are claiming they actually have relationships with real women? I call bullshit.

Alice Sanguinaria

Wait. How does this jive with “WOMEN NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!11!!” thing that the MRAs have? O_o

Dvärghundspossen

emily: I would agree with minpin for the coloration alone on the OP, but she’s such a chubby girl I can’t really see the normal minpin legginess or body shape so I was pretty set on just fancy colored chihuahua (I’m not any sort of breeder though, so could totally be wrong here).

*cough* *resident dog expert clears throat* Colouration-wise it might be a minpin, OR a chihuahua, since chihuahuas come in all colours. If you look at the shape of the head, the OP dog doesn’t have a breed typical chihuahua head. My educated guess would be chihuahua-mix. It’s typical for chihuahuas (and you can see that on Sparky’s avatar, whom I guess is a purebred chihuahua from the look of zir) to have a fairly round head with a little muzzle stuck to the front of it – like, if you were to sculpt a typical chihuahua-head you should first create a sphere, mold a little muzzle separately and then attach it to the sphere to get the right look. The OP dog has too big a muzzle, and a bit more of a regular dog-shape to zir head.

Besides, I don’t have a kitty avatar either. 🙂

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“The philosophy absolutely doesn’t hinge on anger…though the language used may suggest such”?

In other words, we red pillers are absolute crap at articulating our beliefs, so don’t get your knickers in a wad when we call you bitches bitches, bitches – it’s always Opposite Day in redditland!

“I’m a vegetarian, even though my use of language to talk about eating meat may suggest otherwise.”

“I’m not a cat, though my meowing, pouncing, and tuna jones may suggest such.”

kittehserf

Look, new gravatar – lana has been assimilated by the Furrinati!

lana

Look, new gravatar – lana has been assimilated by the Furrinati!

LOL!!! Yeah but once I figured out how to use it I already changed it ! TEE..Tis one of my kitties when he was a babe.

So Im Furrinati???

I like that. Im honored. You’s are good people!

kittehserf

The Furrinati are our feline/canine/you name it cute critter overlords. Have you encountered conspiracy theorist tinfoil hat types who go on about how the Illuminati control everything? One of the old-time trolls here was always on about that sort of thing, and a while back neuroticbeagle and I came up with the idea of the Furrinati, the critters who really rule the world.

neuroticbeagle wrote a post on the Furrinati on our offshoot blog, The Feminist Borg:

Your kit was a cute baby! He hasn’t got the usual tabby markings, is he a particular breed? (The kit in my gravatar’s Katie, who crossed over in 2009; I photoshopped the pic to show her with Louis.)

lana

That’s the confusion .Go read . The dude said that “the women (plural) we (plural) date “end up more satisfied in the long run ,so both parties benefit.”

All I’m saying is I would like to have an interview with the “women they date” and get their side of the story.

He’s a Bengal .

(((HUGS)))) in memory of Katie .

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I took “the women we date” to be future hypothetical tense. Like a twelve year old saying “The car I buy is gonna be awesome!”

kittehserf

Oooh I wondered if he might be a Bengal! They’re such beautiful cats.

Don’t worry about Katie, she’s alive and kicking and running the household just the way she wants it, over the other side. Bacon and eggs for breakfast even if we’re not having them, and a king to cater to her every whim – what more could a kittygirl want?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“He’s a Bengal .”

MAOR PICS PLZ!!

I had all I could do not to kittynap my narcissist ex’s bengal. Before I get shit for that, he was in jail for pedophila charges and the friend caring for the cats had caught the Maine coon no problem, but no sign of the bengal — was going to stop leaving food out since she must’ve escaped right? When I managed to catch her (oh boy was that a production!) I could’ve taken her and no one would’ve been the wiser, and having lived with him, he had them more as playthings than pets. The Maine coon was all “yeah whatever *flop*”, the bengal…not so fond of being ignored. Quite fond of being bribed with meat.

This is the problem with breaking up with people, you break up with their pets too!

lana

I’m sorry you just have me falling out of my chair laughing!!! I

Amen Kittehserf.

I have them on the other side too…not just cats either. They want for nothing.

kittehserf

Too true!

Well, of course there’s “want for nothing” as we mere human servants define it, but you know the Furrinati – they can always think of something else they want, or something that’s not quite up to scratch about the service.

Yes! Pun intentional! BWAHahahahaha!

*ahem*

lana

I have two Bengals and my Moggie (domestic long haired gray).

Yes man . Understand.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’m sorry you just have me falling out of my chair laughing!!!

Yay! 😀

Your Bengal boy is adorable! I wanna scritch his stripey lil head.

Hugs for all the kitties who’ve crossed to the other side. They’re in our hearts forever.

lana

Awwww ..Im sorry . (((hugs))). Yes they are like kids.Anytime my husband and I (or me LOL) thought DIVORCE!! …its like what about the kids ..what about the animals?

Its hard . Did you get the them ?

And yes Bengal’s are VERY high need for attention .They are extremely social.

One of ours is a “runt” and he’s a little more introverted .But Kato ? I call him a dog cat.

saintnick86
saintnick86

Weird, ’cause most “Alpha” behaviors seem to lead to abusive relationships (though, given what I’ve seen from these people before, that’s still somehow ideal rather than dysfunctional). I also have a hard time believing the second part of that statement too – since every time a MRA/PUA/common misogynistic asshole make this claim, it usually was pulled straight from their ass. Then again, just about every anecdote of theirs sound made-up. Funny how the human mind can trick itself into believing total bullshit…

[“Bitches” is] literally interchangeable with “women”. It does not have the negative connotation when used there, again the same way 4Chan uses “fag”. I can understand how this seems aggressive.

That…,makes absolutely no sense. Calling women “female dogs” isn’t dehumanizing? “Fag” isn’t homophobic? How do you expect any woman or gay individual to not take that as hostile language? Seriously, what fucking planet does this guy live on?

WORDS AND PHRASES MEAN SOMETHING, YOU DUMBASS!

Snork Maiden

‘why the fascination with ” red pills” anyway? yeah sure in the matrix Neo takes a pill to “free his mind”, but, well i’ll let this

say what I want to say.’

🙂

Lady Mondegreen

We encourage self-improvement and self-respect

Ah, so it’s a self help movement!?

Citation needed.

Snork Maiden

‘Alpha behaviours lead to healthier, stronger relationships. The women we date end up more satisfied in the long run, so both parties benefit.’

I would like to hear “the women they date” side of that story.’

My thoughts exactly, though perhaps women who like these kinds of men don’t believe they should express their opinions? On the women’s red pill subreddit I read this view from one respectable god fearing lady:

‘For instance, women posting on “The Red Pill” sub and the comment section of websites like “Return of Kings” really annoy me. It’s one thing to read the content, to enjoy it and learn from it. It’s quite another to enter into a man’s “space” and give input that wasn’t requested in the first place. (Obviously this doesn’t apply to things like AMA’s or threads where Redpill guys ask for a woman’s perspective. )

Usually, the women I’m talking about think that their opinion is VERY special and that the menfolk are really gonna appreciate whatever canned anti-feminist response they are about to post. I rarely (if ever) see women post anything of use or intelligence in the “guy’s spaces.” To me, it’s the same thing as inviting myself to my husband’s poker night. It’s just rude. Guys deserve their own space where they can just be guys. They don’t need desperate RP cheerleaders telling them how great their ideas are and how stupid all those OTHER women in SRS are. I feel like there is way too much bleed over from RPW into Red Pill men “areas”. There are still a lot of women who think that they need to constantly inject themselves into men’s activities. I asked my husband about this, and he’s seen it too. So I know i’m not imagining it.’

I like the way she consulted her husband before deciding her observations were valid.

CassandraSays

Hey, I think we finally found a female friend for Sunshine Mary!

vaiyt

@Snork Maiden

Isn’t that just an attempt at copying minority rights language with the roles reversed?

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

@saintnick86:

Ah, but you see, if I say something is not offensive, then it is not offensive, you ****** *** ******* **** ****** ********* mountainous ***** *****************************************

See? Not offensive! Because I said it wasn’t. And if you get all worked up about it, it just means you have thin skin and can’t take a joke. Not that your outrage is justified by systems of oppression and misuse of terms intended to besmirch and harm your name. No no.

Words only mean what I want them to mean…

CassandraSays

Imagine the screeches of outrage that would ensue if any feminist blog/subreddit started referring to men as “dicks” or “assholes” in the same way these dudes use “bitch” to mean “woman”. Which of course would never happen, and if any online feminist community tried it they’d have other feminists telling them to knock it off.

Remind me again which group is the hateful one?

Viscaria
Viscaria

His “explanation” of why it’s okay that they call all women bitches is marvellous. Not only does it start with the absolute worst justification I’ve ever seen, but manages to follow it up with a comparison to overtly homophobic 4chan that is even worse. It’s like he was trying to outdo himself.

CassandraSays

It’s one thing to try to pull the appeal to authority thing, but when the moral authority you’re invoking is 4chan? They themselves would laugh their asses off at dudebro trying to frame them that way.

feintone

@fibinachi

its like these guys operate on some kind of Orwellian “big brother” logic, where if they say two plus two is five, that makes it so.

CassandraSays

“I think it’s raining outside. Should we take an umbrella?”

“Hmm, I’m not sure. Let me call my husband and check.”

feintone

speaking of 1984, I can easily imagine these dudes participating in some kind of “daily hate” session, where they watch a screen with flashing images of women while screaming and shouting death threats.

freemage
freemage

Kittehserf: I’m pretty sure the singular form of Furrinati is “Furrinatus”, which, of course, is Latin for “Why aren’t you scritching my ears yet?”

I got nothing to say about this latest self-defeating example of self-deflating MRM philosophy.

lana

Honey ! Hey honey would you come hear for a minute ????? I just read something on the internet and had a thought about it but I need you verify I’m not hallucinating.

“here” not ‘hear. LOL!!

CassandraSays

“Just a moment, I need to go ask my husband what I think about that.”

lana

O.K my husband said I should wait for your opinion.

CassandraSays

My husband says that I can’t tell you what he says my opinion is until your husband reminds you that I’m not allowed to have opinions of my own.

CassandraSays

Also auggz is far kinder than I am – to me the Red Pill woman stuff reads as “I am a giant baby and too scared of the world to cope on my own, won’t someone please run my life for me?”.