alpha males are these guys 12 years old? beta males boner rage dawgies evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny red pill reddit

Red Piller: Don't be any more angry at women for their behavior than you'd be at a dog for chewing things up.

This dog: Clearly superior to Red Pill Redditors
This dog: Clearly superior to Red Pill Redditors

Oh, Reddit! Why must you be so Reddity? As a reminder of how deeply shitty Reddit can be even outside the confines of the Men’s Rights and Red Pill and related subreddits, consider the following comment from AskReddit, in which a RedPiller responded to another comment trying to summarize the “Red Pill Philosophy” for those unfamiliar with it.

Cyralea, a dedicated Red-Pill popper himself, took issue with the notion that Red Pillers are angry. (Gosh, why would anyone think that?)  “Some are, certainly,” he wrote. “Particularly former betas who are recovering and are just discovering the nature of the world.”

But, he added,

The philosophy follows that one shouldn’t be any more angry at a women for her behaviours than one gets mad at a dog for chewing things up. We encourage self-improvement and self-respect in light of this newfound information. Some men use the knowledge to pursue sex, but others use it within their relationships/marriages. Alpha behaviours lead to healthier, stronger relationships. The women we date end up more satisfied in the long run, so both parties benefit.

I think it’s easy to get distracted by the angry people in /r/theredpill. There has been a recent influx of subscibers, so there’s been a little more angst than usual. The philosophy absolutely doesn’t hinge on anger though, though the language used may suggest such.

Emphasis added. As of this moment, this comment has a net 7 upvotes, 11 upvotes and 4 downvotes. That’s right: 11 Redditors saw this comment suggesting that women are like dogs who chew up sneakers and thought, “I’d better reward this bit of timeless wisdom! UPVOTE!”

In a followup comment, Cyralea tried to explain why the word “bitch” pops up so frequently on the Red Pill subreddit. Amongst Red Pillers, he noted, “bitches” is

literally interchangeable with “women”. It does not have the negative connotation when used there, again the same way 4Chan uses “fag”. I can understand how this seems aggressive.

Oh, “bitches” is like “fags.” Well then, no problem, use the word all you want, my dear fellow!

The mods removed this followup comment (though it’s still visible in his comment history). Apparently, in AskReddit, explicitly comparing women to female dogs is fine, and will even win you some upvotes, just so long as you don’t actually use a word meaning the same thing.

Thanks to a reader for pointing me to this very Redditty discussion.

feintone

if women “acting up” or “not sleeping with me” is to these red pill folks the equivalent of a dog chewing shoes, then is there assholery the same as a cat scratching a new sofa?

just trying to make sense of their logic “brain fries”

kittehserf

No, no, because cats are adorable! That couldn’t be said of any red piller, ever.

CassandraSays

Someone who wants a dog should get a dog*. “Dog” and “girlfriend” are not interchangeable characters.

*Except for the ones who seem really angry. They shouldn’t get dogs because they’ll probably abuse them.

kittehserf

Spending any time in a red piller’s company would tempt me to piss on his carpet, though.

feintone

why the fascination with ” red pills” anyway? yeah sure in the matrix Neo takes a pill to “free his mind”, but, well i’ll let this

say what I want to say.

toujoursgai

Oh, it’s a “philosophy” now, is it?

chimisaur

Considering that earlier post on redpillers believing neither dogs nor women have feelings, I’m going to go with no, no they should not get a dog (or a girlfriend, for that matter). A tomagatchi is probably the safest bet.

kittehserf – ironically my (housetrained) puppy did just that over thanksgiving visits; it was hard not to be proud.

Aside – Hi all! I’m a longish-time lurker that (not creepily) has taken a liking to your community. Friendly waves and all that. 🙂

lana

I thought you couldn’t get a date?

Yeah we got a grip.

entropistanon

So, is comparing women to dogs NOT dehumanizing because at least the ladies get to eat at the table?

Button
Button

CN antigay slurs

I think the 4chan usage of ‘fag’ to which Cyralea alludes is the one where it’s used as a suffix meaning “person”, “partisan” or “doer of”. So for example, a channer could post a thread complaining about how straightfags can hold hands in public, but if a gayfag does it he’s “flaunting” it. Another person would chime in complaining about Christfags, and a third poster would gripe about how atheistfags always hijack threads.

The development of this usage likely stemmed from console/competing video game wars, in which -fag has long been used as an insult along the lines of “You’re gay for Nintendo, Nintendofag”. I suspect that when enough partisans “reclaimed” labels following this pattern, the -fag suffix changed meaning accordingly.

(The words “fag” and “faggot” are also thrown around as an insult, but since Cyralea’s claim was that “bitch” wasn’t used as an insult, I assume it was this usage to which ze was referring).

Of course, Cyralea’s comparison is an inept one. On 4chan, the suffix can be applied to anyone – see “straightfag” in my example above. On redpill, “bitch” remains for women only (afaict). You can’t argue that there’s been a semantic shift in your subculture when the only difference in usage is a more liberal application of the slur.

That explains it!

bodycrimes

Funny you should post this, because I’ve just been thinking how it’s not FAIR to paint the red pillers as being arseholes. They just do the same old same old misogyny, without really giving it much thought. It’s Pavlovian – see a woman (or even the word ‘female’) and they start salivating hate. No point getting angry! Spewing hate is just this thing they do.

CassandraSays

Actually, given how low an opinion these guys have of women, the comparison is insulting to dogs too.

These guys basically shouldn’t interact with other living creatures at all. If they get lonely they can have a pet rock, but only if they promise not to throw it around too much.

lana

No silly …its because no matter how bad is SOUNDS its not a bad thing. In fact its a good thing!

lana

I think they deserve to be stuck in a room together .(rocks have purposes superior to their “causes’)

hellkell
hellkell

Not only have they never had successful relationships with women, they’ve never had a dog.

CassandraSays

You know the bit in old-timey country songs where the guy is talking about how his wife and his dog left him? They are that song, except nobody feels sorry for them because it’s obvious why both the wife and the dog left.

ceebarks
ceebarks

Ah, the red pillers; the sensible, non-hateful, realistic arm of the MRM!

in a way they are more odious than in-yr-face misogynists– they can even seem reasonable but in the end, it’s the same pile of poo– women exist primarily to be pretty, young, and pliant sex toys, not people in our own right.

And when we cease to be pretty and young, we must compensate for the loss by kissing ever-more-ass. While their “marketplace value,” of course, never drops. Snort.

Ugh.

ceebarks
ceebarks

@chimisaur: welcome!

cloudiah

Hi chimisaur! Glad you’re delurking! Please enjoy your Welcome Package.

goodrumo

Reblogged this on iheariseeilearn.

Merus

What irritates me is comparing patriarchy to the Matrix was my favourite way of trying to explain it to other privileged males like myself, and these fuckers have come along and stolen my metaphor.

And it was such a good metaphor too. “[The Matrix/Patriarchy] is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.”

CassandraSays

If they got a Tomagotchi they’d just end up throwing it at the wall and breaking it the first time they weren’t getting the result they were hoping for.

kittehserf

Hi, chimsaur! Have an Official Welcome Package!

So, did your puppy pee on a red piller’s carpet? That would be cause for pride indeed. 🙂 I take it that’s your puppy in the pic? So cute!

I’m waiting to hear about the red piller whose pet rock left him.

kittehserf

Ninjaed!

feintone

skip to 4:17 for the relevent joke. could not resist after Cassandra’s Tomagotchi comment

kittehserf

Hi, Merus, are you new? If so, please help yourself to that Welcome Package just above. 🙂

You should go right on using the Matrix as a metaphor for patriarchy. Not only does it make more sense, it has the bonus that it’d make these losers’ heads explode if they heard you.

chimisaur

Oooohhh: thanks for the welcome package! I *was* wondering if SCENTED MOTHERFUCKING CANDLES was a thing, or if we just all had some dislike of fake-cinnamon-smells here.

Two more off-topic questions, and then back to strictly mocking the above redpill bozo –
1) Are there any pressing reasons to change my avatar to a kitty? I love kitties, and angering misogynists is a good reason, I guess I’m just missing exactly how that happens (who the heck doesn’t like kitties?)

2) Anyone know what breed the dog in the article picture is? He’s got similar markings to our pup, and we’ve been trying unsuccessfully to figure out what her parentage might be (her litter was rescued without any sign of mom). We were thinking jack russel, but she’s gotten larger than that weirdly early, and doesn’t act like a terrier so now it’s anyone’s guess.

Right-o, done with the off-topic now, promise.

chimisaur

Oh, and yeah, puppysaur whizzed on my unpleasant red-piller father-in-law’s bed-runner (but it was bunched up on his carpet, so kind of the same thing?) on our annual obligation visit. Thanks, she is a bit bigger now, but still rather cute ^_^. In the interest of complete puppy-training and respect for other people’s things, I had to tell her “bad” but it was so damn hard!

chimisaur

Poor tomagachi! I had to give mine to my brother because its short life-cycle was perpetually making me sad. I was kind of a wuss as a kid. XD

I guess that’s not a problem redpillers or the code geass bunch will have. Lucky them?

kittehserf

The Furrinati are never off-topic. They’d probably say everything else is.

The pup in the OP pic looks like a chiahuaha to me. Your little one looks vaguely like an Australian shepherd, or something with a bit of collie background, but I’m just guessing.

I can just imagine how hard it was to say Bad instead of Good, lol Having a red-pill FiL must be such fun.

There’s no need to change to a kitty if you don’t want. There are quite a few critters or people floating around in the gravatars. 🙂

neuroticbeagle

I miss my Furrinati. I left her with my mom on Thanksgiving-so she wouldn’t have to be alone on Black Friday (just because I have to suffer doesn’t mean she should). But my mom still hasn’t given her back yet. 🙁

chimisaur

True: I shall be more considerate of our Furrinati overlords’ preferences when referring to pertinence in the future 😀

He *does* look like a chihuahua to me, but the min-pin-like markings with the white belly splotch were too familiar not to double-check on; but since she already outweighs max chihuahua poundage at <50% weight (assuming she grows like anything other than a teacup breed) I think I can rule that out. Aussie sounds like a real possibility; thanks!

As for the FiL 'fun' is the least of the words I could use, but at least I got a sweet-as-pie feminist partner who takes pains to only visit once a year, and mock the highlights of said visit on the drive home to make up for it. Otherwise there would probably be carpet problems from more than just the puppy.

kittehserf

As for the FiL ‘fun’ is the least of the words I could use, but at least I got a sweet-as-pie feminist partner who takes pains to only visit once a year, and mock the highlights of said visit on the drive home to make up for it. Otherwise there would probably be carpet problems from more than just the puppy.

Oh, the picture that paints! 😀

kittehserf

neuroticbeagle – d’you think your Furrinati (is the singular Furrinato?) is doing the Big Sad Beagle Eyes thing on your mum?

You … are … in … my … power …

You … will … give … me … treats …

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Yes, chewing is a natural puppy behavior, but it can be avoided if you give the pup her own things to chew and keep her busy enough that she doesn’t get bored. I know redpillers, especially PUAs, like to talk about training women, but for this particular simile it doesn’t really work.

@chimisaur, the OP has a Chihuahua face, but the coloring suggests it’s a mix. Minpin, maybe?

chimisaur

beagle: So sad! I hope you get her back soon. I’m sure she misses her accustomed human as well.

emily: I would agree with minpin for the coloration alone on the OP, but she’s such a chubby girl I can’t really see the normal minpin legginess or body shape so I was pretty set on just fancy colored chihuahua (I’m not any sort of breeder though, so could totally be wrong here).

kitteh :Well, you did start it with the whole peeing on redpiller’s stuff thing – I just brought it back to its logical conclusion! 😛

kittehserf

LOL chimisaur!

If some red-piller started on about training women like dogs, I’d like to remind him that dogs bite, then present him with a set of teeth like these. (Warning, horror movie pic.)

chimisaur

Hooboy – any smart person (whether/which red-pillers count is debatable) would stop right there, especially considering the relative deadliness of people bites (our mouths, as it turns out, are icky). Does seem a fun alternative to the other wonderful threats I had been sitting on though: much more to-the-point.

wordsp1nner

chimisaur,

The pup is plenty cute for Manboobz avatar purposes, no worries 🙂

I just got back to my furrinati (check my avatar) after spending Thanksgiving with my parents, though I did get sat on by one of their cats, who we’ve had since I was in middle school. She’s an old lady cat who spends most of her time sleeping on her blanket and anyone who will have her.

kittehserf

“To the point” GROAN!

Wouldn’t it be good if we could just sense misogynists and sprout teeth like that in their presence?

chimisaur

Daww! She’s so fluffy. Congrats on being chosen by the lap-kitty – that’s a serious honer. My dad’s cats are much the same, although they do seem to pick in order of who does the best job keeping them away from my youngest (9 YO – my family never stopped breeding >_<;) brother. Since I'm short, I never get picked, but now I get to bring my own 😀

chimisaur

kitteh – teeth would be fun, but I would pay even better money to sprout an automatic dome-o-silence. Think of all the sleep we could catch up on during our previous daily misogyny time!

wordsp1nner

chimisaur,

Lapcat is not picky. She’ll sit on guests, so long as they aren’t small children. If she’s on her blanket, she’ll let you pick her and the blanket up and put them both on your lap… which is good, because when I’m home we don’t really have enough space on the couches for everyone and both cats.

She’s a devon rex, so a total heatseeker.

sparky
sparky

Ooh ooh ooh, the doggy in the OP pic is definitely a chihuahua (or at least half-chihuahua). And I love that pic, btw. Chihuahua size actually varies pretty widely, up to 10-12 lbs.

I don’t think your cute little puppy is a chihuahua, chimisaur. But it’s kinda hard to tell with her being so young. She almost looks like she has some beagle in her. Not sure though, I just know chi’s. And welcome!

Coolies
Coolies

Damn what do they do, wait around at their computers refreshing pages until someone mentions the red pill? And women? And pretty much anything else lol?
At least I hope that all those up votes came from red pillers. Or else I’m pretty much screwed..

Ally S

[“bitches” is] literally interchangeable with “women”. It does not have the negative connotation when used there, again the same way 4Chan uses “f*g”. I can understand how this seems aggressive.

Um, “f*g” still has a heterosexist connotation among 4Chan folks. And the word “bitch” definitely still has a misogynistic connotation as well. The only context in which “bitch” isn’t misogynistic is a reappropriative one.

Doesn’t the fact that “women” and “bitches” are interchangeable among red pillers encourage him to question whether they have terrible views of women? I suppose not.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle

Again with the comparing of women to dogs, and they want us to believe they’re not sexist.

lana

No..really its not what it seems. Its totally all good .You’re just not being logical .Your’e using your emotional female spaghetti brain .Calm down bitch .

1 2 3 4