alpha males are these guys 12 years old? bad boys citation needed creepy dozens of upvotes drama kings emotional abuse entitled babies I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert it's science! men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA red pill reddit the enigma that is ladies

Red Piller: “Training a loyal, well-behaved dog isn’t much different than training a loyal, well-behaved girlfriend/plate/FWB. “

How to totally score with the babes.
How to totally score with the babes.

Over on the Red Pill Subreddit — where manly ALPHA MALES trade tips on how to totally dominate the ladies with their awesome ALPHATUDE — one enterprising fellow has a suggestion for aspiring lady-dominators: take a tip or two from professional dog trainers and treat your bitch like a bitch!

TRPsubmitter, an official Red Pill Subreddit Endorsed Contributor, explains how you can use the magic of Operant Conditioning to train your gal:

Training a loyal, well-behaved dog isn’t much different than training a loyal, well-behaved girlfriend/plate/FWB. Both substrates (dogs, women) have innate submissive/obedient tendencies that should be emphasized along with unwanted behaviors to be diminished and punished. If you know anything about dogs, you know that many “incidents” are often the fault of the owner failing to provide a proper outlet for a dog’s energy or natural predispositions.

Women have natural predispositions too: Attention-seeking, curious, emotional, irrational, solipsistic, unable to constructively deal with stress/criticism, likes to blame others, etc. Almost all of these can be subjected to a combination of operant conditioning.

Yeah, that pretty much describes all possible predispositions women might have. Because women are terrible!

Anyhoo, operant conditioning is all about rewarding or punishing behaviors after the fact as a way of encouraging or discouraging these behaviors. It’s easy to understand how that might work if your dog poops on your rug. But how might that work with your girlfriend/plate/FWB? Also, what the fuck is a “plate?” TRPsubmitter only answers the former question, alas. But he does so with some very helpful and completely realistic examples:

Problem: Some girl you’re sleeping with is getting uppity. You’ve had sex with her before several times…but this time she has arbitrarily decided to give LMR.

That’s Last Minute Resistance. In other words, she said “no,” and you don’t want to respect that “no.”

Analyze reason:

1) She may be trying to shift the power dynamic in her favor; too much “Sex & the city” lately or she had a girl’s night out and her hamster is all powered up for a confrontation now.

Yes. That’s probably right. I’m not sure why watching reruns of a show that was cancelled nearly a decade ago would cause a woman to not want sex, but this dude is an ALPHA so he must know. Does watching old episodes of Friends — which also went off the air in 2004 — have the same effect?

2) She may be trying to retroactively reclassify you as her beta provider or “bf material” by making you work for it or by not being as sexually available all of a sudden.

Or maybe she just doesn’t want to have sex?

3) She has been “thinking alot lately” about her future; she is insecure suddenly about the unique nature of your sexual relationship.

Or maybe she just doesn’t want to have sex? Like, ALOT?

ALOT

No matter! For there is a SOLUTION!

Operant conditioning:

Positive reinforcement – Provide affection or recognition of her worth as a woman IF sex occurs.

Wait. Provide affection during and/or after sex? Sounds bizarre. But so bizarre it just might work!

Positive punishment – Provide active punishment. Tell her to GTFO or smoothly tell her that she can “rest a bit while I get some stuff done”, then leave her sitting on the bed alone.

Acting like a petulant child: the best way to show her you’re THE MAN.

Negative reinforcement – Remove active punishment. Be the bad boy that she wants to prove herself too. You’re not giving her validation from the onset and she is wondering “WHY?!”. Make her earn it and only remove this lack of attention if she does what you want. Maybe you’re both at a bar instead. Proceed to freely & cheerfully interact with other girls in front of her and stop this only if she does what you want (I think this one is best applied in the pickup phase).

Uh, I thought in this scenario you were about to have sex with her and she said no. Why are we at a bar now? Where is this bar?

Negative punishment – Remove active reward. You’re making out on the couch. She makes comment “not tonight”. Give her the cold shoulder. Proceed to remove all affection, attention or “bf-like behaviors”.

Then march off to your room, shouting “you’re not the boss of me! I wish I never was born!” Slam the door and sulk.

Who knew being an ALPHA was so much like being an emo teen?

Happily, TRPsubmitter got a lot of positive reinforcement for his post. Good alpha dog! ComplainyGuy — apparently speaking for many, given the several dozen upvotes he got — wrote enthusiastically:

THIS is a fucking great example of how we should be talking about women.

Bad: “Women have no value to anybody ever. Totally glad her mum died fuck bitches. Pffft I wish we still had chains and whips” (I have seen all these comments on here in the last week)

good:”Women have natural predispositions too: Attention-seeking, curious, emotional, irrational, solipsistic, unable to constructively deal with stress/criticism, likes to blame others, etc”

The difference? The first is angsty, immature males who bring down the quality of this subreddit.

The second is a man observing, from a mature, Self-confident, perspective, the real nature of gender dynamics.

Wow. So treating women like dogs is apparently a big step up for the Red Pillers.

(Thanks to mrsamsa in the Blue Pill subreddit for pointing me to this wondrous Red Pill fuckery.)

Athywren
Athywren

And I think I’m going to have to give myself a christmas present of t-shirts. Do you think this would be pushing it? (I think maybe my masculine appearance might make people react weirdly to the bitch part… dunnoes…)

CassandraSays

Hmm, I think you might spend a lot of time explaining your shirt to random people.

(Also I feel like bitch is one of those words where it can sometimes be sort of OK, maybe, if you’re part of the demographic being referred to, but it’s probably best avoided if you’re not.)

Athywren
Athywren

Maybe I’ll go with this one instead then?
My intent with the feminist bitch one would be to point out that that all of us “bitches” are actually women… but that might get lost, so I see your point there. No use having a good point if nobody gets poked with it.

kittehserf

Seconding that; I think bitch is best avoided. On that tee, someone with a masculine appearance could be seen as complaining about being oppressed by ebil feminists or something, but more generally – yeah, it’s a word that can just disappear forever, as far as I’m concerned. I don’t even like using it about female canines, it’s so tainted.

kittehserf

Now that second one I like!

SittieKitty

Chips and gravy should have cheese curds on it, just sayin’

takshak
takshak

If you soak the kidneys overnight in milk *that* taste disappears

CassandraSays

Or I could just not eat them. Yeah, I’m going to go with that option.

serrana
serrana

And people complain about tofu.

SittieKitty

I like sweetmeats, particularly liver

acrannymint
acrannymint

whenever I see/read examples of idiocy (not matter the source – it could be male or female)l, I thing of this – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BMIIIS6MM

acrannymint
acrannymint

Obviously, I think not thing. If someone was able to provide examples of thinging, I might be open t changing my mind

kittehserf

Thinging, a thing cats do when they think nobody’s watching.

Okay, I made that up on the fly, we have been looking at vampire kitty pics after all.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

I always heard that to cook kidneys right, you had to boil the piss out of them.

BUt ya, a veggie here too. People hate tofu philosophically but few of the haters would know hey had it if cooked well. Mmmm pressed tofu that looks like mushroom.

On topic, these guys have the gall to call women controlling in general.

freemage
freemage

opium4themasses: See, that’s part of the problem–I don’t like mushrooms, either, for pretty much the same reason (texture). The only time I’ll voluntarily eat ‘shrooms is when they have been ground up to the point that individual bits have no texture, then blended with other ingredients.

TheMaskAndRose

A plate is a girl you’re either pursuing or already sleeping with. “Spinning plates” means doing this with multiple people, and is where the term plate comes from. Juggling would be another good analogy.

Lea Tapp

In relation to the T-shirts, Citizen Radio’s Camille has one available that says, “I only fuck feminists” http://skreened.com/feministee

Ally S

Yo TheMaskAndRose, GTFO.

hellkell
hellkell

I thought maskandrose was banhammered. Fuck off already.

Ally S

You’ve got to give him some credit, though. I mean, no one would be able to guess that his current nym is a camel case version of his previous nym before he was banned.

Argenti Aertheri

Hellkell — he was, after being either modded or banned before that.

Radical Parrot

Tofu is great. I’ve been having veggies-only days in my pursuit of maybe possibly cutting off all meat from my diet at some point in the future perhaps. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with tofu sausages (tofu shaped as sausages, duh) made with all kinds of peppers to give it a lovely, slightly spicy taste.

It’s true that tofu tastes strange to the uninitiated, and not everyone will learn to like it. The texture is just… odd. Anyway, for me it was as with the “stupid pain cakes” in Oglaf – once you get used to them, they’re the best!

Alice Sanguinaria

Radical Parrot – Have any new recipes that I can do with tofu? I love the stuff (so versatile!), but I don’t have any good ideas on what to do with it, and just steaming it and serving it with soy sauce sounds boring as heck.

kittehserf

maskandrose was modded, I think, for rape comments. Looks like it’s time to email the Dark Lord again.

I had haloumi for the first time the other day. It’ll also be the last time. NOT my kind of cheese.

dustydeste
dustydeste

I’ve been trying to figure out tofu; I like the stuff I can get at restaurants a lot of the time, but when I try to do it on my own, the texture’s always awful. That said, I think maybe I’ve been getting too-firm tofu, so I picked up some soft this week. Maybe I’ll do better with that 🙂

leatapp
leatapp

dustydeste,
It depends on what the recipe calls for. For firm tofu that is kinda chewy you want to freeze it, thaw it then squeeze all the water out of it before you cook it. The silken kind is good for smoothies, puddings and certain pie fillings. Textured veggie protein is another good meat substitute..

dustydeste
dustydeste

You’re meant to freeze the firm stuff first? Do you know what that does, exactly (just out of curiosity)? I’ve just been pressing it to get the water out, but maybe skipping the freezing step is why it’s been weird…

cloudiah

What didn’t you like about the halloumi, Kittehs? Texture?

@dustedeste, Freezing tofu does make it chewy, so you shouldn’t do it unless you want it to be chewy. (I don’t care for it personally, but lots of people do.) I like to marinate the firm stuff and then grill or bake it. Or cube it pretty small and toss it in miso soup.

cloudiah

It is a good idea to press the moisture out of tofu too; I usually wrap it in a dishtowel, and put a plate on top of it with a fairly heavy can on top of the plate.

lightcastle
lightcastle

My ex-roommate double-grilled the tofu. Well, she’d press what water she could, then cube it and grill it on a hot pan with no oil. Remove from heat when it’s been crisped a bit and drier. Make whatever else you are making (for the stir fry for instance) then add the tofu again where you normally would and cook normally.

Nice and non-chewy.

kittehserf

I wasn’t wild about the haloumi’s texture, but it was the SALTY SALTINESS AAAH GOD TOO MUCH SALT that put me off. I wouldn’t have known it was cheese if I hadn’t asked before I ordered it (it went with grilled Portobello mushrooms).

cloudiah

Oh well, left to my druthers, I’d have a salt lick installed in my kitchen, so I guess that’s why I like halloumi. XD

kittehserf

LOL! Now there’s an image.

I like salty tastes, but that was just an ocean’s worth of brine too far for me.

pecunium

Holy fuck does he not understand operant conditioning.

1: It works on anything with a sense of desires.
2: It requires a “behavior” (i.e. a specific action) to modify (say, taking out the trash, saying thank you, putting the seat down on the toilet, etc.)
3: It must be consistent.

Number 3 is the really important. If you praise sometimes, and punish others, it will make the subject non-responsive, or induce “begging” behavior (in that sometimes the subject gets what they desire [e.g. a pet who asks for food from the table, and gets it every so often] and this might be the time.

pecunium

Argenti: Uh…how is that necessarily punishment? I mean, if “get stuff done” means he’s going to take care of stuff and leave her alone regarding sexual matters, isn’t that! you know! one of the options for “things he should do once told no”?

He’s using terms of art, and combing two models of operant conditioning (poistive reinforcement; which is quite effective, and works on people pretty well), and negative reinforcement, which isn’t all that effective on anything which has much in the way of mental acuity (chickens, for example can be trained with the former, but not so much the latter).

Mixing the two models is a recipe for disaster.

Argenti Aertheri

Seriously, the closest to inconsistent you can get away with is stuff like puff’s food bearing pipette also does water draws and I don’t mind him begging for it to release it’s precious cargo (yeah, he’s spoiled, but he’s got a 30g tank to himself, and he’s a spoiled fish, begging is cute when all they can do is give fishie puppy dog eyes [puffs really are like puppies, it’s so cute])

And that little part poodle puppy was damned smart about this. Ouch that hurt! When, and only when, he bit too hard and wasn’t playing rough but being ouchies. He learned how hard he could nibble on my fingers without hurting me, and only did it to my fingers (see, I’d been a pacifier of sorts before he got teeth, so if he still wanted his comfort finger and wasn’t hurting me, and wasn’t doing it to anyone else…whatever, I’m not using my left hand right now anyways) but again, his begging consistent end of sitting there looking extra cute.

My father’s dog? Jumps up for food and gets “oh, you want a treat? Here you go” with my brother and I both yelling that he’s only encouraging the dog to jump on plates. Dumb dog, dumber owner.

pecunium

hellkell: Self-entitled

Where did this linguistic abomination originate? Every time I see it it’s like nails down a chalkboard.

Like there’s any other way to be entitled. This right up there with “irregardless” for me.

I’d say there are group entitlements.

But yesterday I saw a horrid locution, “highly impervious”.

Argenti Aertheri

Highly impervious? But…but…impervious is a binary state!!

And I use irregardless. As in “irregardless, I disagree” = “you’re right, and I’m cranky about it”

pecunium

SittieKitty: Apropos of nothing, does anyone know where the notches on the bedpost phrase came from? I’m wondering if it was actually ever a thing…

No. Not as such. But for ages (millennia, it seems)the use of, tally sticks to keep track of numerical/monetary transactions (and other things (more on tally sticks)

They were an interesting way of dealing with several things; but be warned, if you start trying to research them you will run into serious gold-buggism.

But the basic idea is that one recorded information (usually quantities of things) by scoring notches on “sticks”. This is how England kept track of taxation up until the 19th century (and the money owed on those tallies was used to finance the Bank of England; as well as the tallies themselves being used as a form of fixed rate bond/not quite floating currency, from at least the 14th century, but I digress).

Argenti Aertheri

Idk, I’ve found a good “no” or “ouch” to discourage behavior in humans and poodles, and the former are pretty bright. They do, however, need to already care if they are pleasing you, such that “I am displeased” is nearly punishment on its own.

Argenti Aertheri

Err…the latter are pretty bright. Duh humans tend to be bright, we’re the standard for comparison!

pecunium

Argenti: Those aren’t (in operant conditioning terms) punishments. They are a form of feedback, and feedback is useful, but they aren’t (+/- P).

And the ways in which OC uses the term punishment/reward get sort of convolute/counterintuitive.

Argenti Aertheri

Ok, yeah, hose are negative feedback, not punishment. I’m pre-coffee, and you’ve seen me pre-coffee >.<

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

But yesterday I saw a horrid locution, “highly impervious”.

I… I think I just felt my shredded soul finally give in and die.

Death&Destruction
Death&Destruction

I don’t see anything wrong with what this red piller said. You just don’t like it because it’s mean?

cloudiah

Nah, we just think women are human beings.

Gametime

Leaving aside, for the moment, how facile this oversimplification is… I’m pretty sure “your suggested mode of human interaction is needlessly cruel” is fine reason to reject that suggested mode of human interaction. Since when is not wanting to be mean to people a bad thing?

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Also, this just goes to show this guy knows dick-all about training a dog. It’s nowhere near as simple as that, because you never know what connection the dog’s mind will make. Even something as simple as trying to punish them for crapping on the rug can go horribly wrong, because if you don’t catch them actually in the act, they think they’re being punished for you *finding* the turd, not that they did it inside, so all you’ll teach them to do is crap in corners or eat it afterward.

pecunium

Binjabreel: Yeah. I have an ex who has horses. When we were training Sienna (her mother’s horse, now sadly deceased), to bow she decided we really wanted her to nip her flank.

Oi… took months to untrain that. She started to really chomp herself, trying to figure out what it took to get a treat for it.

Argenti Aertheri

Lol, I never did get the poodle puppy to roll over. He’d get on his back and then stare at me until I caved and gave belly rubs…or then roll back the way he came. Puppy brain says “how do I get petted? I know, I’ll be adorable!”

And puff has taken to nipping the pipette before the food comes out like he has to nibble to to make the food come out. This may be a hard one to break as once he sees it he’s faster than me and I don’t want to release food until I have his attention because puffers are notorious messy eaters.