alpha males antifeminism cuckolding evil women feminist dudes I am making a joke kitties men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA reddit the feminist utopia

Men’s Rights Redditor: When the feminist utopia comes, male feminists “will possibly [be] used for breeding and then fed to sharks.”

At least let me be eaten by oe of these.
At least let me be eaten by one of these.

Today I learned something from the Men’s Rights subreddit that’s, honestly, a little disturbing. In a topic with the title David Futrelle seriously needs help, I found the following exchange:

EvilPundit 7 points 2 days ago* (10|3)  Like Hugo Schwyzer, Futrelle is exploiting his position as the feminists' "trusty". He's a man who can be counted on to dish up dirt against other men, so he gets quoted by feminist media, invited to parties with the right people, and so on.  He probably thinks they're his friends, but wait until he steps just one millimetre out of line ...      permalink     source     save     give gold     hide child comments  [–]Alisdair_ 0 points 2 days ago (8|8)  I think it foreshadows what will happen if feminists get their way with the human race. When feminist utopia comes and men are living in slums outside of the city walls the men who just pillage and slaughter other men will be lauded and taken in to be treated very warmly, possibly used for breeding and then fed to sharks. Some even outright say these things, but you see most of their actions foreshadow the same kinds of wishes.

Ulp! I just signed up for the parties and the breeding. I didn’t know about the sharks.

Elsewhere in the thread, Alisdair writes of me:

I get the feeling that this is just one of those guys, frequently held in high esteem with the feminists, who basically want every man out there cuckolded. With the alpha cock and all of that.

He’s pretty much nailed it. Here’s my to-do list for today.

1. Write blog post
  2. Candy Crush (9 hours)
  3. Play fetch with cats (4 hours)
  4. Clean litter box
  5. Get every man cuckolded (with the alpha cock)
  6. Go to grocery store

One down, five to go!

baileyrenee

I’m almost certain she is a poe, or at the very least is trying to be funny or something when she says ridiculous things (not that she is funny). No idea what her deal is but there’s no way she’s completely serious.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

From the looks of her blog posts Elam is going to get another visit from law enforcement.

baileyrenee

Wait, “another?” When did he get in trouble before?

This gives me faith in humanity.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Wow.

They offered $1000 to whoever could dox someone. That $1000 could have gone to charity.

I don’t even like Femitheist and I hope she sues their pants off.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

It was a fund raising ploy, I think. She had already posted on AVFM so they had her IP and a quick google would give her profile. She was never hiding.
The big problems arose from the comments (now deleted) in the AVFM thread.

seranvali

You know, I’ve been thinking about this “cuckolding” business…maybe they’d be a bit less paranoid if we did what plenty of matrilineal cultures do and have men responsible for raising their sister’s kids. At least they’ll know the kids are their own blood. That’s a bit ironic when you think about it…

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I don’t think it would make a difference. It seems to be as much about property rights to the use of the woman as much as questionable progeny.

kittehserf

Not sure that’d work with this lot, seranvali. It assumes facts not in evidence … like, that they have the slightest interest in raising children at all, or that it’s not about controlling women. Knowing them, they’d probably demand the say in who fathers their sisters’ children.

kittehserf

ninjaed!

La Strega

For about a year I’ve been curious about Femitheist Divine. The girl behind this was arrested last year on underage possession of alcohol (see link). AVfM and others have taken her very seriously indeed, but my guess is that she’s just a young girl from Arkansas who enjoys stirring things up on the intertubes. Maybe this is her idea of performance art.

Zolnier
Zolnier

So at what point are we thrown to the sharks? I mean men can produce healthy kids until death basically. I like to think our Great Old Lady overlords will be practical. I assume after a few hundreds turns on the Pump we’ll have heat attacks or something.

Kim
Kim

I think someone at CollegeHumour reads manboobz. This is just too much of a co-incidence…

I want a horsekey.

lensman
lensman

The kitty shark is pure win.

@LaStrega

As someone who has actually studied genetics, I can pretty safely say that there are a few problems with women “cloning themselves”:

1) At the time I got my degree, around 2001, cloning was still a very inefficient process. A good number of your clones will probably be non-viable. I haven’t read on the subject for a long time so this problem may have been rectified but even if the cloning process becomes 100% efficient…

2) Your DNA gets degraded over time. I won’t go into the scientific details (google “telomere” and “telomerase” if you are interested), but what this basically means is that your clone is going to have serious health problems earlier in life AND a very limited capacity for reproduction -even with cloning.

That being said there are other scientific developments currently under way, such as turning ovaries to sperm which might indeed render men obsolete in terms of reproduction. There are also developments that might render women themselves obsolete for reproduction but, curiously enough, I have yet to find someone say that “they won’t need women anymore”.

OK, science lesson over, signing off.

CassandraSays

I have yet to find someone say that “they won’t need women anymore”.

Anyone remember the titles of the posts about MRAs saying exactly that?

lensman
lensman

I am googling site:manboobz.com and “need women” I am currently on the second page, give me time.

seranvali

Lili Fugitive said:

“Every man cuckolded with the alpha cock.
Every man cuckolded with the alpha cock.
Every man cuckolded with the alpha cock.”

*chuckles* two birds with one stone;)

@ lensman

You might also want to look for the web-wide adventures of Anthony Zarat, who likes fantasizing about the day that he will replace his wife with a sex-and-baby-making bot.

Citizen Justin

@ lensman:

The DNA degrades over time, but would I be correct in assuming that sperm cells (which are haploid) originate from a diploid type cell? Furthermore, as the DNA in sperm is brand new, would it not be possible to make a clone from this diploid cell?

Obviously I’m wrong about something here, otherwise someone would already have done it. But as someone who’s studied genetics, perhaps you can fill me in on this, please? By the way, I’m researching for a novel, not trolling or otherwise taking the piss.

And he wants to replace his wife because she’s so perfect and he’s afraid of losing her! So his plan is to just get rid of her and replace her with one who won’t leave.

I miss the great trolls of yore.

kittehserf

I wonder if Antz spent more time actually, y’know, paying attention to his wife, and less ranting on about dividing the US in half or having a virtual reality replacement for her, if he’d have less reason to fret that she might leave him?

Assuming a) she exists and b) she has any thought of leaving him at all, that is.

CassandraSays

I always got the sense that his fear was less about the idea that she might want to leave him and more about the idea that she was in theory able to. A control issue in combination with all kinds of weird misogynist ideas about women being able to leave relationships being a Bad Wrong Thing that didn’t exist in the past and how did this happen and help the sky is falling. No amount of devotion from her was going to solve the problem, since the problem was her having the ability to leave, not whether or not she wanted to.

kittehserf

Forgot to add that to me, the idea of replacing a living person (of whatever species) with a robot or virtual reality copy is beyond the Uncanny Valley and well into The Pit of Creepiness and Test Pit of Necrophilia. Just, yuck, yuck, yuck. Anyone remember the Robots of Death story from the fourth Doctor? This makes me think of the “robophobia” Poul suffered in that: the feeling of being surrounded by the walking dead.

Even cloning pets gives me the heebiejeebies. Genetically identical they may be, but that animal is not the same person as the one zie is copied from.

kittehserf

Cassandra – I should have known.

Anyone seen a pair of grey-green eyes around? Mine just rolled out.

CassandraSays

I think I’d find having a pet around who looked exactly like the one I’d lost, but wasn’t him, absolutely heartbreaking.

kittehserf

Same here. Plus, it’s such a denial of the new pet’s individuality, isn’t it? It’s so … I don’t know the word I want; reductionist, maybe? Ignoring nurture completely and assuming it’s all nature?

neuroticbeagle

Cloning pets? NO. NO. And more NO. I can’t even handle taxidermy and whatever the hell this is (TW: taxidermy and sheer what the fuckery):

kittehserf

Hmm, I rather fancy the eyes in the first pic.

Might freak out Mr Serf a bit, though.

kittehserf

Gods, that fucking sick bastard.

kittehserf

I wish I’d read your TW. That was horrible.

kittehserf

Okay, I’m off to watch telly and/or knit. Niters, all!

neuroticbeagle

I’m Sorry. There was no deliberate cruelty- he didn’t kill the cat- but yeah. I cannot wrap my head around why a person would taxidermy zie’s pet, let alone make it fly.

Brain Bleach:

baileyrenee

Oh my fuck, why!? I so do not get taxidermy… In particular weird, novelty taxidermy.

Thinking of Femitheist again:

I’ve been thinking about it a bit and re-watching some of her stranger videos and I think it’s some experimental project thing. Her more radical videos are really weird and artsy, it’s all too dramatic and over the top to believe. It’s a shame she does things like that because she’s fairly intellegent and says a decent amount of not-ridiculous things. I have no idea WHY she adds on all the other stuff, but there’s just… no way she’s serious.

I think. I hope. Must be. Shit’s weird.

CassandraSays

The internet has taught me never to assume that something a person is saying is too ridiculous to be their true opinion. Idiocy is not exactly in short supply.

neuroticbeagle

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”- Albert Einstein

baileyrenee

Oh, that’s true CassandraSays. I guess it’s just… how much stranger she presents herself the more radical she sounds. It just seems fake to me. I know there’s totally a chance she’s legit, I just can’t believe it. At least other radicals have sort of gradual descent into utter wrongness, she just seems either pretty reasonable or totally WTF and over dramatic. She’s really, really hard to figure out.

CassandraSays

Poe’s are also common enough so I’d say trust your instincts, I’m just far too jaded to think that someone can’t possibly be as ridiculous as they seem because, well, look at Zarat who we were discussing upthread. Who could make him up? And yet he exists.

baileyrenee

Don’t you fucking hate that? Some poes fool so easily, some REAL people are so unbelievable.

CassandraSays

There are some people who, if you tried to use them as fictional characters, your editor would send you back the manuscript with a note about the character being too unrealistic and how the reader would never buy it.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

On the subject of Poe’s Law and misogyny, this funny and extremely well produced video had me going for a few minutes:

CassandraSays

Um, why? The kind of guys who support the driving ban would never in a million years even consider doing something that looks like that. It was obvious that it was a joke right from the first few seconds.

(Maybe this is just because I’ve lived in the Gulf but seriously, that comment made my eyebrows go right up to the hairline.)

lensman
lensman

@Cassandrasays

OK, I’ve got something. This quote by manwomanmyth:

“If women disappeared tomorrow men would invent artificial wombs and get on their way. If men disappeared tomorrow, society would collapse at the first oil change.”

It’s not exactly “we have invented X so we don’t need women anymore”, but it’s pretty close.

@Citizen Justin

I don’t remember how sperm and ovaries are made, I mostly do immunohistochemistry and ISH these days, but I do know that the quality degrades for both men and women as time goes by, which is why couples need an extensive variety of tests if a child is to be born after a certain age.

Theoretically, you are correct: if you manage to make ovaries out of your sperm (or sperm out of your ovaries) you could make a perfectly viable clone of yourself. Practically… Again, there are plenty of complications that need to be taken into account. Anyway, if you want to talk about this without us further derailing this thread you can tweet me at l3nsman.

@everyone who pointed at the sex-bot obsession that some PUAs and MGTOWs have.

I am aware of it and it creeps me out.

The truly disturbing fact is that what they describe is already happening in Japan. There are already men who are so divorced from reality that they marry their virtual girlfriends, and swear off real women altogether. And, if I remember correctly, that woman who married herself was also Japanese.

Again, I don’t want to derail this thread, I just wanted to input some clarifications about cloning and say that I liked the kitty-shark. If anyone wants to continue this discussion send a message at the “Open Troll Thread”.

baileyrenee

ManWomanMyth and FemitheistDivine should debate. That would be fun.

CassandraSays

Lensman wins the politest troll award. Worth noting since they so rarely are.

(Obviously he’s not acting like a troll here, but he seems to be aware that he’s been seen that way in the past.)

baileyrenee

@auggziliary I know I’ve heard that before, and like I said, I don’t think she’s serious, but do you have any idea where she said that? I’ve never personally seen her admit it. I know she doesn’t support “castration day” anymore (if she ever really did). I would love to know for sure.

Argenti Aertheri

Cassandra — pH, that’ sway. Oh, that’s why (just what is auto correct smoking?!) I groaned when I saw the nym but those comments aren’t rude or anything, must be previous comments that had my brain set to groan.

Regarding virtual spouses…I still don’t see the problem. They aren’t hurting anyone, so who cares? Don’t want one? No problem with that, but can we not call people who do “divorced from reality”? I’ve gotten enough shit for being a masochist that I’m not inclined to shit on other people’s sex lives.

CassandraSays

My issue isn’t with the desire to fuck robots (not my thing, but hey, whatever), it’s with the idea that the robots will replace an entire gender and then they’ll be sorry (so they should do what we want now or else). The attempted manipulation and revenge parts of the fantasy, in other words.

baileyrenee

Ah okay, thanks auggziliary.

Sex robots… I admit I think it’s weird, but, meh. I’m into stuff a lot of people would think is weird. Knock yourselves out. I think it gets creepy when it becomes some utopian sex-slave-bot fantasy where real humans aren’t seen as desirable compared to robots or something (cause robots don’t talk back amirite!?), but I’m sure most people into sex-bots/virtual sex/dolls/whatever aren’t like that. That’s a pretty general thing for any sort of kink. I like fem-domme, but if I got to the point where I actually want some MRA’s cuckolding man-slave nightmare world, then that would be fucked up of me.

But of course, we actually do want that, so nevermind!