a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence antifeminism evil single moms evil women hypergamy mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA reactionary bullshit red pill violence vox day

Vox Day: The Taliban’s shooting of Malala Yousafzai may have been “perfectly rational and scientifically justifiable.”

Malala Yousafzai, survivor
Malala Yousafzai, survivor

Vox Day, the reactionary fantasy author and pickup guru who was recently expelled from the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America , has convinced himself that education for women leads to “demographic implosion” because uppity educated women don’t have enough babies.

Indeed, Vox — real name, Theodore Beale — is convinced that education for women is such a bad thing that he actually thinks that “the Taliban may not, in fact, be the stupid ones with regards to this particular matter.”

By this he means not only that they’re right to keep girls out of schools, but that they’re also probably justified in shooting teenage girls for the terrible crime of speaking up publicly in favor of education for girls like themselves.

No, really:

[I]n light of the strong correlation between female education and demographic decline, a purely empirical perspective on Malala Yousafzai, the poster girl for global female education, may indicate that the Taliban’s attempt to silence her was perfectly rational and scientifically justifiable.

It’s quite telling that it is the “shooting-girls-in-the-head” issue that turns Beale — a right-wing evangelical Christian — into something of a fan of the Taliban.

Enkidum
Enkidum

Then the Jehovah’s Witnesses aren’t Christian, as well as millions of other protestants of various stripes. Which is fine, they deny that Catholics are true Christians. Both sides are equally idiotic in this debate.

jinxmchue

“Most Right-wing Christians are not actual trinitarians.”

But you don’t provide proof of that because, like the other guy, you believe they won’t admit it, right?

“But, since Theodore Beale is a self-proclaimed racist,”

Wrong. He’s a self-proclaimed multiracial non-racist: http://www.voxday.net/mart/SFWA_response.pdf Not white. Not a supremacist. Not a white supremacist.

“and a self-proclaimed non-trinitarian,”

Making him not a Christian, evangelical or not. The Trinity — that God is the Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit — is a core, non-negotiable doctrine of the Christian faith.

“even if you were correct about this idea you present about Right-Wing Christians, you’d be wrong about Beale.”

I’ve proved that I’m not. You’ve all done nothing but present naked, baseless, disproven assertions.

“Since he is a racist, I wonder why you wish to whitewash that aspect of his philosophy.”

Since he’s not a white supremacist both by his own admission and by undeniable facts about him, I wonder why you wish to continue to lie about it. Personally, I don’t care for him or his beliefs. I don’t read his blog, his articles, or his books. I just don’t like it when people like you lie in order to try to smear individuals and, by proxy, larger groups.

cloudiah

Okay, you guys, someone named jinxmchue is the worldwide authority on everything, including but not limited to Christianity, white supremacy, etc.

All assertions must be approved by him. Please remember to get his endorsement before making any factual or logical arguments from now on. David, would you please add this to the FAQ?

CassandraSays

At least now we know who’s buying Vox’s books.

vaiyt

“Sorry, but someone who denies a core, non-negotiable doctrine of Christianity cannot be called an evangelical Christian”

Who are you to decide what’s a core doctrine of Christianity? If you’re a Protestant, you probably deny a number of doctrines the Catholics consider to be “core” as well.

cloudiah

Wait, I thought “self-proclaiming” didn’t cut it?

I proclaim myself to be a small, angry hedgehog who makes the world’s best frittatas.

jinxmchue

“Then the Jehovah’s Witnesses aren’t Christian, as well as millions of other protestants of various stripes.”

True. They are non-Christian cults masquerading as Christians. Thank you.

“Which is fine, they deny that Catholics are true Christians. Both sides are equally idiotic in this debate.”

Yes, those who are clearly, demonstrably not Christian but claim to be Christian are idiotic.

vaiyt

“True. They are non-Christian cults masquerading as Christians. Thank you.”

Well, that settles it. jinxmchue’s authority on who’s a Christian and who’s not is final and absolute.

jinxmchue

“At least now we know who’s buying Vox’s books.”

Didn’t I just say that I don’t read anything by him? What was that you guys were mocking me about? Reading comprehension? Hypocrites.

CassandraSays

You seem angry. Maybe a nice little nap would help?

cloudiah

People, I give you the NO TRUE CHRISTIAN argument. I’ve rarely seen it unfold in real time. I feel like I’m making a nature documentary, and should be speaking in very hushed tones.

jinxmchue

“Wait, I thought “self-proclaiming” didn’t cut it?”

I was demonstrating your hypocrisy, fool. You are the ones who think self-proclaiming does cut it, except when someone says that they aren’t white or supremacist contrary to how you want to portray them, apparently.

cloudiah

(Confidential to Cassandra: I think this one is capable of going full meltdown with only minimal help from us. What do you think?)

jinxmchue

“People, I give you the NO TRUE CHRISTIAN argument. I’ve rarely seen it unfold in real time.”

I’m an atheist who believes in God. Now go ahead and accept that claim about myself because you don’t want to be guilty of the “NO TRUE ATHEIST argument,” right?

CassandraSays

(The edges are already melting. Should we call in some religious backup to push hir over the edge?)

cloudiah

(Confidential to katz: Should we start the countdown?)

jinxmchue

“I think this one is capable of going full meltdown with only minimal help from us.”

Don’t get your hopes up. You aren’t worth it even if I were capable of melting down regarding jokes like yourselves.

cloudiah

That’s nothing! I’m a hedgehog who doesn’t believe in atheists! Take that!

CassandraSays

(I love how the grammar deteriorates as the rage mounts.)

jinxmchue

Besides, you all already melted down regarding my undeniably correct arguments about your and Vox Day’s claims.

freemage
freemage

jinxmchue: You’re arguing by definition alone, and your definition, obviously, is not one that everyone accepts. You can get your sphincter tight about that all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you are not, in any way, shape or form, the final authority on these matters.

NO TRUE HEDGEHOG!!!!!

inurashii
inurashii

Do they really miss the irony in that?

CassandraSays

And I’m an atheist who doesn’t believe in hedgehogs. Just thought I’d let you know that you don’t exist.

sparky
sparky

Ze’s giving an awful good impression of a melt-down.

jinxmchue

“I love how the grammar deteriorates as the rage mounts.”

It’s fascinating how you lie and think you’re a mind reader. I’m not angry. I’m laughing.

jinxmchue

“How do these goofballs spend hours commenting here and then talk about how we’re beneath their notice? Do they really miss the irony in that?”

Because there is no irony. I never said any such thing as “you’re beneath my notice.”

freemage
freemage

And now we’ve got “I know you are but what am I?” (Also, the notion of a self-described atheist claiming to be able to call out who is and isn’t a Christian, based on whether they follow the Nicene Creed, is amusing to no end.)

CassandraSays

It is an objective truth that jinxy’s grammar is perfect.

(Please remember to wear a bib – you’re getting spittle all over the rug.)

cloudiah

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE UNDENIABLE TROOOOOOF OF my arguments about the father, the son, and the holy hedgehog. Only those who worship* my holy spines and tiny pointed nose shall find eternal peace.

*Worship includes posting YouTube videos of you gently bathing me in the bathroom sink.

Enkidum
Enkidum

Not that it’s worth trying to make a sensible argument here, but…

You have hundreds of millions of people who are referred to in everyday parlance as Christians, call themselves Christians, and are explicitly defined as Christian in dictionaries, encyclopedias, and so forth. Various small minorities of these hundreds of millions claim that a certain subset (not including themselves, of course) are not Christian, for some doctrinal reason no one outside their subset gives a shit about. Other small minorities make exactly the same claim for exactly opposite reasons, about a different subset (usually including the first small minority).

What do all these groups have in common? Two things.

1) THEY ARE BORING AND STUPID.

2) NO ONE ELSE CARES.

cloudiah

::reads Cassandra’s comment, realizes she doesn’t exist, disappears in a poof of smoke::

jinxmchue

“You’re arguing by definition alone, and your definition, obviously, is not one that everyone accepts. You can get your sphincter tight about that all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you are not, in any way, shape or form, the final authority on these matters.”

It’s not my definition. You argue as if I somehow made up my own definition, but I didn’t. The definition I use comes from widely accepted, long-standing (hundreds of years) Christian tradition. Not surprised you have to resort to lying about me, though. You have to in order to have any semblance of an argument.

CassandraSays

But if zie screams enough someone might care! Admittedly that strategy isn’t working very well so far, but hey, points for effort.

sparky
sparky

Deepest apologies to the regulars, I wouldn’t recommend reading it unless one is convinced that Beale isn’t a racist asshole. It is full of vileness. And trigger warning, for vile racist sexist bullshit.

inurashii
inurashii

But you said — oh right I forgot, manosphere trolls worship the dictionary, so recognizing analogous phrasing is impossible for them.

Anyway, carry on with your snooty conjecture; it hasn’t stopped being funny quite yet.

jinxmchue

“There are people out there who argue that you are not a true Christian if you believe in evolution, there are people out there who argue that you are not a true Christian if you believe in the Trinity, there are people out there who argue that you are not a true Christian if you don’t believe in the Trinity, there are people out there who argue that you are not a true Christian if you are willing to marry a non-Christian, there used to be people who argued that you are not a true Christian if you shaved your beard.”

Evolution, marrying non-Christians, and shaving beards are not core doctrines of Christianity.

cloudiah

::realizes her delicious frittatas are proof of her existence, reappears in another puff of smoke, sticks tongue out at Cassandra while existing all over the place::

inurashii
inurashii

Who are you even talking to?

CassandraSays

I may allow for the existence of hedgehogs if they offer up a food that’s a bit less egg-focused.

cloudiah

How about a nice stir fry? What sort of protein would you prefer in it?

jinxmchue

“And here’s a post by Beale, on his blog, in which he does a wonderful impression of being a racist asshole.”

Where, exactly? I see him responding to someone who truly is a racist asshole and is making racist statements about white people. (But we all know that racism against white people is perfectly acceptable.) Oh, right. You call him that solely because of the cherry-picked phrase “half-savage,” even though that phrase was obviously used in reference to her demeanor, not her race.

freemage
freemage

jinxmchue: Trinitarians are all Nicene Creed Christians. But the creed didn’t come about until hundreds of years AFTER the events alleged in the Gospels. (Find me a description of the Holy Ghost in the Gospels, by the by. Hell, find me a direct reference to the Trinity as such.) Anyone who interprets the Gospels in a different fashion, which many of the fragmented cults at the time did, is still a Christian; they’re just not a Nicenean Christian.

CassandraSays

Any form of protein other than shellfish is acceptable within the framework of the One True Atheism.

jinxmchue

“Yo if we’re all a bunch of lying joke hypocrites and we don’t understand anything, why are you even here?”

It amuses me to watch ignorant, hateful buffoons dig themselves into very deep holes that they can’t escape.

cloudiah

And now the NO TRUE RACIST argument arrives. You rarely see all of these fallacies at the same watering hole.

I blame global warming.

CassandraSays

Eggs are NO TRUE PROTEIN. So it is written.

cloudiah

You don’t like shellfish, or you’re allergic? (Or you’re an atheist who won’t eat shellfish for religious reasons?)

I won’t eat most shellfish because they remind me of bugs. But as jink will be glad to know, I make exceptions for two things: a really good crab cake, and Yang Chow’s slippery shrimp. NO TRUE HYPOCRITE!!!

jinxmchue

“It is an objective truth that jinxy’s grammar is perfect. (Please remember to wear a bib – you’re getting spittle all over the rug.)”

This is quickly becoming quite boring. The straw man arguments are rather worn out.

cloudiah

So I’ll do a nice stir fry with chicken, unless you’re good with tofu. Anything else you’d like in there?