announcements

20/20 Story POSTPONED, again

The waiting is the hardest part
The waiting is the hardest part

Just heard that the 20/20 story has been postponed. This may not be news to you all, but I’ve been away from the Internets for a bit. Anyway, I’ll let you know when it will run as soon as I know.

Argenti Aertheri

Catholic weddings…ick. I was in one at like 10, at most. Bored fucking senseless.

As for that priest, yeah, he sucks. Wtf would the church even want the flowers for anyways? That makes no sense at all.

And sorry for your loss, asshole priest is like insult to injury there.

neuroticbeagle

Here is a mug for everyone to use if/when 20/20 does air the show:

neuroticbeagle

Here is a video of the Furrinati hierarchy in action if anyone needs a smile.

Cats Stealing Dog Beds

neuroticbeagle

Seeing if it will embed this time:

kittehserf

cloudiah, I’m so sorry for your rotten year and that shithead priest. I wish I could have intertubed Father Bob (a very “what priests are supposed to be like” guy but alas retired) over to have done the service instead.

On typhoidblue: “I think what she’s trying to say is men need eye contact to feel attraction to a woman, which means she’s a subject and feels mutual attraction, therefore, objectification doesn’t exist.”

Apparently no blind man has ever had a relationship in the history of the world.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

In revenge, we threw confetti all over the church afterward. (He had told us not to, in his “here are the rules” lecture before everything started.)

Pretty sure the priest wasn’t the one who had to clean that up. But I imagine it was pretty satisfying at the time, and I can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same.

Wtf would the church even want the flowers for anyways?

For the Sunday service? IDK if Catholic churches have church members donate flowers like Protestant churches do. Or maybe he was a power-tripping asshole.

But funeral flower arrangements look like funeral flower arrangements. Either you’d have to get someone to pull out all those little mums and stuff and make new arrangements out of them, or you’d have a big cross-shaped arrangement up front during church and it would look like a funeral.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Ah. I’ve never been to a Catholic funeral, or any really “traditional” funeral, so I had no idea the flowers were different.

cloudiah

The worst part is that her mother had a pretty close relationship with the priest who did the regular mass, because she was there all the time. For some reason, he wasn’t allowed to do a funeral mass, so they got the asshole priest, who couldn’t even pronounce their last name correctly.

But my friend and her family were surrounded by people who love them, so I don’t want to overstate the influence of the asshole priest.

The cutest part is that her mother was a regular volunteer at a hospital, and pretty much all the other volunteers came to the service so there were two rows of women wearing pink hospital coats among a sea of people wearing dark colors.

opheliamonarch

I’m so, so sorry Cloudiah.

My brother’s father-in-law is a catholic priest who defected from his Church when women were ordained.

Yeah, feminist spending time with a priest who thought women were inferior, not a good mix!

He also vocally disapproved of us when Mr M and I were living together and not married.

I thought that was a bit rich coming from a catholic priest who was married with five daughters!

Hey @Kitteh, hope the misters okay. 🙂

And just wanted to say @neuroticbeagle, your videos and pictures always brighten my day.

Nighty, night everyone.

kittehserf

Niters, Ophelia! The Mister’s good, he fixed my aching neck this morning. 🙂

Shaun DarthBatman Day

U GUIZE I FOUND JOHN THE OTTER!

I seriously had to immediately come here and show you all.

cloudiah

Night, all — I’m going to bed too. Thanks for all the hugs! You all are the best.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Just read through, hugs for Cloudiah if you still need some. Asshole priest should be covered in bile and left near a skunk den.

kittehserf

Shaun, love that otter! 😀

Shaun DarthBatman Day

INORITE??????

All I could think was “This is what Pierre has to put up with”.

kittehserf

Did you ever see the pics we did here of John the Otter? Cloudiah collected them here.

Enjoy! 😀

Quackers
Quackers

Sorry about that jerk of a priest Cloudiah!

That otter is the cutest!!

kittehserf

Awww, thank you! (The Kittehs’ Unpaid Help was my old handle.)

I’m reading the thread where all this got started – such a laugh!

Shaun DarthBatman Day

I think it was the chair.

Argenti Aertheri

It’ sitter oh It’s otterly adorable with that little tongue!

(Oh come one, someone had to say it)

Argenti Aertheri

How did I…?

“It’ sitter oh” should be crossed out, as part of my continued quest to show you what autocorrect is doing to me. The rest should just be words. I guess I opened an italics and then closed a delete?

kittehserf

Can you turn autocorrect off? It’s out to get you!

Argenti Aertheri

Yes, but my spelling is horrendous, so usually it’s a blessing. iOS 7 is out to get me, not autocorrect.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

It should be easy. I accidentally shut mine off and I can’t get it back.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

And crocodiles are misandry.

I actually found this disturbing because it rings so true in this context, and by “this context” I mean the manosphere bullying everyone.

kittehserf

Argenti – your spelling might be horrendous, but it couldn’t be worse than reading autocorrect’s efforts, going “wtf?” and having to read it again to piece together what it’s saying! 😀

Argenti Aertheri

Shaun — it’s hiding under general => keyboard.

Kitteh — I just need to pay more attention to what it spits out.

kittehserf

I think it’s in cahoots with the grammar check on Word. Never seen such an abomination as that.

rjjspesh

Right. That answers the question I was about to ask: why the delay?

rjjspesh

I’m a little disappointed from the preview that they weren’t using the most egregious examples from the MRM; indeed that did actually take a quote from Elam where he was giving an example of a comment he was banning. It doesn’t look good.

Anyways, I’m still over in the comment section posting as many awful quotes from the man-o-sphere as a I possibly can to counter-act the swarm of MRAs that have taken over and are attempting to wheedle the public. They are truly shameless liars.

neuroticbeagle

Thank you. You’re comment made me feel warm and fuzzy like this:

Falconer

For cloudiah. That priest was a real jerkface, a fobbing, guts-griping canker-blossom.

Also, re: Hobbit Elam, CANNOT UNSEE. What’s his hobbit name, I wonder? I bet he’s a Sackville-Baggins.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Kittehs,

The Mister’s good, he fixed my aching neck this morning. 🙂

That’s kind of amazing, actually. Can you feel him touching you when you’re on this side, or did he give you a massage Over There and it translated into your physical body?

I realize I’m both asking a lot of questions and making a few assumptions. If I’m over the line, I’m sure you’ll let me know 😉

Alice Sanguinaria

David – Hobbits are misandry! *nod*

Argenti Aertheri

Auggz — it’s John the Other technically. Someone here misread it as John the Otter. So no, that sort of otter has nothing to do with it.

cloudiah