citation needed crackpottery disgusting women evo psych fairy tales girl germs it's science! mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA sex sluts that's completely wrong

A Pickup Artist Asks the Question: “Is It Possible For Women To Be A Healthy Promiscous Woman?”

Women: It's very confusing up in there.
Women: It’s very confusing up in there.

So I’ve been reading a bit more in the Evo Psych literature — some of the alleged classics in the field that most Manospherians seem to have either read or absorbed by osmosis. I’m learning a lot about the dubious “science” underlying many of the Manosphere’s most cherished beliefs.

But I’m a little worried for my own intellectual safety, because I see so much clear evidence around me that reading too much Evo Psych can turn one’s brain to mush.

Consider the example of rmaxgenactivepua, the Evo-Psych-addled gentleman who writes the blog “Rejecting Modern Women: Pickup & Advanced NLP & Charisma Behaviourial Conversational Strategic Technologies.” Specifically, consider the recent post of his that asks the grammatically confusing question: “Is It Possible For Women To Be A Healthy Promiscous [sic] Woman?”

I’m just going to quote the whole damn thing because, yikes:

To definitively answer that question, is a woman biologically designed or hardwired to be promiscous

Are there any biological co-factors which support a womans ability to be promiscous?

A womans vagina is a massive breeding grounding for std’s, making it highly unsuitable & dangerous for sleeping with multiple men

Women have a highly short period of fertility. only 10 years of fertility, less if theyre in bad shape

Women have a limited amount of eggs

Plus women dont have the emotional blocking abilities of men

The real kicker is, women are only capable of having one mans child at a time

If women were meant to be polygamous, they’d be able to carry multiple children of multiple men

Making it ludicrous to assume women are polygamous, it’s laughably ridiculous to assume women are polygamous when theyre own biology isnt even capable of reproducing polygamously

Men on the other hand are designed from the ground up to impregnate millions of women, they reproduce over millions of sperm a day, & can impregnate 100′s of women

In fact one man, men are so efficient at reproducing with hundreds of women, one man could repopulate an entire civilisation if he wanted to, thanks to his production of millions of sperm

One woman on the other hand, couldnt populate her own ass, let alone a shoe box or a cat litter tray …

Proving a woman isnt anywhere near designed to be a slut, FACT

Well, yeah, I guess if you make up a rule that states women can’t have sex for pleasure with multiple partners unless they’re biologically capable of giving birth simultaneously to children sired by all these different partners, then women aren’t designed to be “sluts.”

Then again if you can simply make up your own rules like this, you can prove pretty much anything. If I decide that men can’t be polygamous unless they are simultaneously holding their breath underwater and on fire, I guess I’ve proved that men can’t be sluts either.

FACT!

Oh, and while it’s true that a cis man with healthy sperm could (in theory) repopulate an entire civilization, there are some women who are giving men a run for their money in this department.

19-kids-and-counting

dustydeste
dustydeste

Yeah, um, my mom has 15 siblings, and since, of the 16 total kids, there’s only one set of twins, I’mma go with women are clearly fertile for more than 10 years and also that MRAs are full of bullshit.

Who would have guessed!

HeatherN

If cis men were meant to be polygamous, they wouldn’t need so much down time between ejaculations. FACT. (Or a totally arbitrary piece of biology I’ve decided to ascribe meaning to).

Also…only 10 years of fertility? Hot damn I WISH only a decade of fertility…I so do not want kids and I’m really not a huge fan of getting my period. I’m about 15 years into this “fertility” bit and I haven’t even hit the age of “getting pregnant becomes more dangerous,” yet. I’ve probably got another 20 years before I end up completely unable to get pregnant.

AK
AK

I like the “10 years of fertility” bit when compared to the fact that MRAs and PUAs usually assert that women are at peak fertility as teenagers. All those women who give birth past their mid-20s are clearly medical miracles.

Hry
Hry

It’s such a fantastic paradox that PUAs rely on the very people they despise (women who like having sex) for their own sense of status and self-worth.

sparky
sparky

“Is it possible for women to be a healthy promiscuous woman?”

No. No it is not. You see, “women” is plural and “woman” is singular. “Women” cannot become a single healthy “woman,” despite what “Frankenstein” would have you believe. We simply do not have the technology or advanced medical knowledge to combine multiple women into one woman. Though what that has to do with promiscuity, I don’t know.

Is it jut me, or should people use proper grammar and basic coherency when making a “because science!” argument?

AK
AK

Also I thought this might be up y’all’s alley: http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/10/ada-lovelace-eight-inventions-women-erasure-credit

Yeah, women never invented anything. Makes you wonder how many more women weren’t given credit…

AK
AK

Don’t be silly. Language and communication are things women are good at. Manly men’s brains are too busy thinking about nuclear physics and mammoth hunting to worry about communicating properly.

hellkell
hellkell

Holy fuck, the stupid, it burns. 10 years fertility?

Let’s not tell this dink what happens to men’s sperm over time, he’ll fucking plotz.

LadySunami
LadySunami

Are they not aware that men and women are the same species? With men and women each being approximately 50% of the population there is no way for all women to be monogamous while all men are polygamous. Because of this, and the facts presented, clearly men should not be promiscuous either! Either that or biology *really* messed up somehow and the ratio of women to men is supposed to be more then 2 women to every 1 man.

hellkell
hellkell

One woman on the other hand, couldnt populate her own ass

Like this guy could populate his own ass. His head is in the way.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Due to the phenomenon of heteropaternal superfecundation, it is entirely possible for one woman to be carrying children with two different fathers. FACT.

I don’t know what it means, exactly, because I’m not a 1337 5ci3n7i5t, but although I always thought it was something that only happened on parodies of soap operas, it’s actually a real thing.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Has anyone pointed out the risk of genetic disorders from a less than perfect speciman of man? Which, genetically speaking, is pretty much all men and the reason (or, at least, one of many, many reasons) you don’t reproduce with your siblings? Genetic diversity is necessary. So, no, one man couldn’t repopulate an entire civilisation. FACT

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Also, how do I populate my ass? It’s a bit barren, something I never noticed until just now.

Ally S

The real kicker is, women are only capable of having one mans child at a time

So basically, a fertile cis woman can only be pregnant with one fertile cis man’s child at a time, therefore it’s inadvisable to have PIV sex with multiple people. Also, logic is unimportant.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

200 years from now, 30% of the earth’s population will be Duggars.

Also, are penises somehow magically immune to harboring STDs? How does this doorknob think they spread, unless women are having and lots of lesbian sex?

Also also, promiscuity has nothing to do with baby making abilities. The vagina is perfectly designed to accept multiple partners. The uterus and ovaries are just neutral bystanders when it comes to sex.

Also too, his username reads like “magenta mangina”.

kittehserf

Sparky, glad I read your comment ‘cos that’s exactly what I was going to say re: grammar!

random6x7
random6x7

Some researchers claim that human sperm production is higher than is needed not only for monogamy, but also for polygyny. Their argument is that it developed in a situation where everyone, male or female, was constantly getting their freak on, and the most abundant producers were the ones most likely to pass on their genes. There’s also an argument that human penises do a great job of forming suction in human vaginas that gets, um, pre-deposited sperm out. The book I got this out of goes on to argue (with other evidence) that humans evolved for single-female, multiple-male sex. (I’m using male and female to denote biological sex, not gender).

baroncognito

To populate an ass:

Step 1: Determine if the atmosphere is capable of sustaining life. If so, continue to step 4, if not, go to step 2.
Step 2: Terraform.
Step 3: Get bored, wander off, get a cup of coffee with cinnamon vodka.
Step 4: Are you sure? Go to step 2 anyway.
Step 5: Lie and tell people it’s populated. No one is going to check.

random6x7
random6x7

Anyway, I sometimes kind of love when people break out stupid ev-psych arguments, because human biology is far more interesting than they allow.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

My cat is excellent at populating shoe boxes and cat litter trays.

Mejas
Mejas

Here’s a prime example of Heteropaternal superfecundation:

Tch tch, yet another reason for human males not to trust human females, tsk tsk

That guy is either a fool or a saint for letting himself become a cuckold like that. I’d leave that cheater immediately, if that were me.

Ally S

Yeah, this guy doesn’t realize the incest implications here. Also what are emotional blocking abilities?

It’s the ability to literally block emotion attacks.

Imagine this:

“INCOMING SADNESS”

*karate chops sadness attack in half and then avoids feeling sad*

…I kind of want that power. Too bad it doesn’t exist.

kittehserf

Oh aye? Tell my grandmother that; ten kids (and maybe miscarriages, I wouldn’t know) over twenty years; she was 45 when her youngest, my mum, was born. She’d probably have been really pleased if she’d only been fertile for ten years!

(And what’s the bet the scumbag writing this thinks he should be allowed to rape girls the minute they get their periods?)

Make up your mind, genius, is it millions or hundreds? Though I’d like to see you try to impregnate millions, I’m seeing it as something to go in the Dumb Ways to Die posters.

Also, from the ground up? What, has he got sperm-bearing feet? Ewww.

The real kicker is, women are only capable of having one mans child at a time

Nope. Multiple births from different fathers are possible, if rare.

Given nobody actually lives in any of those areas (except PUAs etc with their heads up their arses), why does it matter? And given the overpopulation of our species, not-reproducing seems a pretty good idea to me.

Shaenon

Isn’t women’s limited period of fertility and a number of eggs an argument for promiscuity?* After all, I shouldn’t miss out on any chance to reproduce before my ten-year window closes. If I spend that short time with only one man, and he happens to be infertile, my limited-edition eggs have gone to waste. I’d better slut it up before I turn 30 and my uterus falls out.

*Not that it’s really an argument either way–the limited egg supply seems to be a common trait in mammals regardless of their reproductive strategy–but whatever.

La Strega

Was it Ogden Nash who coined the rhyme, “Higgomus, higgomis, men are polygamous / higgomis, hoggamus, women monogamous?” Which basically sums up this kind of evo-psych balderdash.

The problem with evo-psych, as someone else has pointed out, is that they start with a cultural norm that is specific to their own culture and then look for behavioral evidence (also culturally determined) to “scientifically” explain why it is “hard wired” in all humans.

LadySunami
LadySunami

@Tulgey Logger

Sometimes a woman will release two eggs at once. If both are fertilized by the same man, this can result in fraternal twins. If one is fertilized by one man and the other by another man, that is heteropaternal superfecundation. Now you know!

Clearly this means that while general promiscuity for women is out, threesomes with two man and one woman totally need to happen more often!

Shaun DarthBatman Day

*reads baroncognito’s comment*
*dies*

Shaun DarthBatman Day

“I’m a little stymied by women’s lack of “emotional blocking abilities.” Is he suggesting women cannot control their emotions? Ugh, I have no idea what he means. These are the kinds of cryptic, unsupported assertions I have to deal with in my students’ papers, which is why I occasionally must fortify myself with a glass of wine (or two) in order to read them.”

Yes. That’s exactly it. That’s why men commit suicide far more frequently, which you would know if you weren’t a misandrist…
Or…
Fuck. That argument kinda tore itself apart without an eebil feminazgul even trying. I have no idea what that could mean.

/sarcastic rant

La Strega

@ kittehserf,

My great grandmother had her first child at sixteen and her last child at 48 (from two different husbands). This was not at all uncommon back in the day — hell, it’s still pretty “normal” in many parts of the world.

La Strega

I think girls are traditionally trained to “block” their anger all the time. I could easily argue women do more emotional blocking than men do.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

The emotional blocking thing sounds like he’s trotting out the worn cliche that women become super clingy after someone sleeps with them once, while men are always detached. Blorf.

Also, I thought sperm was liquid fucking gold and not meant to be dispensed like common tap water to millions of undeserving women? Clearly, men aren’t up to the task of promiscuity either.

La Strega

I teach remedial English at a community college.

La Strega

Which means reading the manosphere is a little bit like taking a bus man’s holiday.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I think the thing about “emotional blocking abilities” is supposed to refer to the idea that women must bond with someone they have sex with, but men don’t have to because, uh, arglebargle emotional blocking etcetera. I’m sure the justification is something about oxytocin. Infamously, mating/oxytocin studies of prairie dogs have been used to “inform” Abstinence Only education on this subject.

I like the phrase, though. I like to imagine Napoleon Dynamite practicing his emotional blocking abilities with lots of exaggerated motions and karate chops.

baileyrenee

…Wait, I thought single mothers are crap at raising kids and ruin society? How is it that both single mothers are bad AND men sleeping around impregnating multiple women is good?

Oh right, because this is all garbage.

kittehserf

Shaenon:

my limited-edition eggs

Oooh, are they like Faberge eggs?

“Emotional blocking abilities” sounds like “I’m the sort of man who blocks any twinge of conscience or any hint of empathy with women, because they might just make me think of women as people and inhibit me from manipulating, abusing, and raping them.”

(Yes, I do think of all PUAs as likely to be rapists, since that’s what the whole goddamn thing is about. Benefit of the doubt, they do not get it from me.)

Buttercup – that’s only NotLaidinNYCoranywhereelse’s sperm. Because he’s a super special gold-plated snowflake.

kittehserf

auggz – seconding everything you said just there (re emotional blocking). Just thinking of how much of that sort of repression m’lud did (Yes! It’s Royal Anecdote time!) and how fucking unhappy he was, how much extra pressure that put him under – jayz, the pressure-cooker comparison comes to mind, and he’s far from being the only person in that state. Keeping emotions repressed and then lashing out when you just can’t anymore – yeah, dude, great way to be healthy, really good for the people around you, too. Fuckwit PUA.

baileyrenee

It’s “normal” and “healthy” for 2 high schooler boys to break into a fight, but when 2 girls do it, they’re considered “bitchy” or “nuts” or even fetishized.

OT, but I’m glad I went to the highschool I did. I saw just as many (if not more) girl fights than boy fights, and I mean brutal ones too, not stereotypical hair-pulling stuff. Not to promote fighting or anything, but it was nice to grow up in an environment where it wasn’t weird to have girls be just as violent as boys.

acrannymint
acrannymint

The real kicker is, women are only capable of having one mans child at a time Because a woman should be more like a cat- wait, I’m not to up on PUA terminology but is pussy a common way to refer to women. I’m confused

acrannymint
acrannymint

poor attempt at humor. i’m just happy that I may actually get to go back to work tomorrow and have been indulging.

Lili Fugit
Lili Fugit

“If women were meant to be polygamous they’d be able to carry multiple children from multiple men”?

1) By polygamous, I’m gonna assume this syntax/grammar/spelling challenged idgit means either polyamorous, polyandrous, or hey, maybe a word from his original proposition, PROMISCUOUS. But a woman who is polygamous would either be a female in a relationship with one male with other women, OR a woman with multiple wives, in which case reproduction probably isn’t a major consideration.

2) I believe this is a prime example, overall, of a Non Sequitor. It does not follow that an inability to generally have multiple children by multiple males means a female isn’t designed for promisicuity (or polygamy, or polyandry, or whatever floats yr boat.) The vast majority of females of all species on this planet are not designed to have multiple children by multiple males, and yet they continue to be wildly promiscuous. As reproductive strategies go it’s a pretty good one.

It’s an interesting statistic that a woman is more likely to get pregnant with a partner she’s cheating with, rather than with the one she’s cheating on. Could be multiple reasons for that, but since this is MRA territory and we can make facts mean whatever we want, I’m gonna posit human females SHOULD cheat, if they want to get pregnant. In that miniscule window of time for reproduction most of us have, which lasts around thirty goddamned years.

Hell, my grandmother had her last child in her early sixties. An anomoly, I know, but shit. I’d be so pissed.

sparky
sparky

AK: Manly men too scientific-y and logical to communicate? I guess that does explain why books written by women are considered naturally superior and deeper to those written by men….

kitteh: I had a real problem deciphering what he was trying to say. Its all total bupkis, of course, once it is deciphered; but if you can’t clearly make your argument you’ve already lost it, IMHO.

And I don’t think men are capable of populating their asses, either. I mean if you ass is populated with something, you probably require antibiotics.

baileyrenee

@auggziliary

One time I happened to walk by a group of girls beating up a friend of mine so I jumped in. My friend was getting kicked in the head so I pulled the other girl off and hit her a few times. I never got hit myself so I consider that a win. Huzzah!

An yea, obviously no fighting is better than fighting, but I liked that whenever it would happen it wasn’t a “chick fight.” It was just a fight. There seemed to be more respect given to girls because of that. Oh, the odd benefits of a crappy school…

hellkell
hellkell

Nice ass, Kitthes. ;(

baileyrenee

That cat is so ready to devour that rooster.

AK
AK

Yeah, this guy doesn’t realize the incest implications here.

Maybe he thinks it’s like horse breeding, where traditionally only foals from the same dam are referred to as half-siblings. Of course, many popular breeds are facing major problems due to genetic bottlenecks from certain stallions and their offspring over-producing, so…

Actually, you know what, that would explain his belief that there’s only about a 10-year period of fertility, too (still a little on the short side, but closer)! And the whole thing about it being impossible to carry fetuses from two different fathers (I believe it’s technically possible in horses, but if one fetus isn’t aborted then one or both almost always die at birth).

See, this explains a lot. He just has human women confused with mares. Which does raise some disturbing implications…

No, see, this just proves how amazing men are. They’re amazing at language, science AND mammoth hunting!

What do you mean that contradicts what I said earlier? No, your puny woman (or beta) brain just can’t comprehend what I’m saying.

sparky
sparky

AK & kitteh : I am laughing my unpopulated ass off right now

kittehserf

Do y’all know the story that picture comes from? It’s a Grimm story, the Musicians of Bremen (or various titles). The animals are all past their prime and have fled from farms where they were going to be killed or abandoned. The donkey starts it all; he has the idea of becoming a town musician in Bremen (playing the lute!) and invites the others along on the way.

First night out they’re in the woods, and see a light in a house. It’s a robbers’ place, and the animals see a good meal on the table. They stand at the window, as in the pic, making as much noise as they can, then crash through the glass. The robbers take off in a fright, of course, and the animals eat the food and settle down for sleep. Later, when the lights are out, one of the robbers comes back. He sees the cat’s eyes in the dark and thinks they’re coals, and holds a match near them. Naturally kitteh is not pleased, and jumps up, scratching him on the face. He stumbles onto the dog, who bites him, then out into the yard, where the donkey kicks him; meanwhile the rooster’s crowing like mad on the roof.

The robber tells his mates he was set on by a witch, who scratched his face; a man/monster behind the door, who stabbed him; a monster in the yard who clubbed him, and there was a judge calling for him to be arrested.

Robbers 0, animals 1, and they live happily ever after in the robbers’ house.

1 2 3