antifeminism birth control contraception entitled babies evil sexy ladies evil single moms evil women imaginary oppression mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men patriarchy reddit that's completely wrong the poster revolution has begun

Ladies! What are your favorite Unchecked Feeemale Privileges?

feeemaleprivilege

So a fella on the Men’s Rights subreddit made this poster, which he’s planning to post in the vicinity of the Women’s Studies Department at his school, assuming he can find it.

Since I know that a lot of females read this blog, I thought I’d ask you all just which of these Unchecked Female Privileges (There’s Nothing “Benevolent” About Them) are your favorites. You can pick more than one! (I know how inherently greedy you feemales are.)

Has he missed any important ones?

Non-women are allowed to post in this thread as well, but only if they preface their comments with “If it may please the feemales, might I humbly suggest that … .”

cloudiah

Well, I have never been considered a pedophile when around kids, but none of the men I know have ever been considered a pedophile around kids either. I suspect if you don’t act really weird, or like a pedophile, around kids it won’t really come up for you either.

Also, as a feeeeeeeeeeeemale, I get to go to the doctor when I’m anxious, and the doctor will prescribe me some Cativan. (Note also a link to information about a serious medical condition, Sleep Catnea.)

I bet Michael Kimmel would be interested in meeting this Micheal Kimmel guy.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Fewer mental health issues or fewer diagnosed mental health issues? This is kind of a non-trivial distinction. I’m pretty sure that universal mental health screening would reveal that men and women have roughly equal instances of mental health issues.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“Less likely to drop out of college” is my favorite. What, you mean that you were willing to push through the initial stress that always comes with college and you didn’t just give up as soon as things got hard? That’s female privilege, that is.

kittehserf

Draft privilege? Bollocks, I have to put draft stoppers on all my doors.

He doesn’t mention the great female privilege: all women live in the US.

Oh, wait, we don’t … and from an Ozian perspective, that’s so not a privilege anyway.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“The Sisterhood”…of the travelling pants? Why is having to share my pants with my entire group of friends a privilege?

Morrigan

Clearly, the privilege of wearing push-up bras, which men cannot do without being ridiculed.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Also: MrB works as a substitute special ed classroom aide (he’s working all this week!), and the precautions he takes with kids are exactly the same as those my mother takes in her identical job. It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with ensuring both children and parents are comfortable and that the school district is as legally covered as it is possible to be.

cloudiah

Back on topic, I love the asterisked note that “There’s nothing benevolent about it.”

He’s almost right.

nilvoid
nilvoid

I’m gonna print this out and present it to my sociology class so we can all have a larf.

Alice Sanguinaria

I love how it says that “less likely to commit suicide” is a female privilege.

I need to go debunk this soon, but only after I finish my homework.

That’s a female privilege, right? Being willing to work hard?

Redcap
Redcap

I saw “Not avoided by strangers of the other gender” and just… stopped. Oh, so we’re supposed to -like- being followed, catcalled, harassed, and generally feeling uncomfortable when strangers make our persons their business?

Sorry, must’ve missed the memo.

kittehserf

“Less likely to be killed in war” – fine, if you’re a USian, and not one of those volunteer soldiers. For the millions of people who live in war zones, nope. But civilian casualties plus Other (especially Brown) People obviously don’t exist for Mr Asswipe.

“Not avoided by strangers of the other gender” – yeah, because it’s not generally women attacking men, duh. Given men are responsible for most violence, and are overwhelmingly responsible for violence (rape in particular) against women, then colour me surprised that it’s not women who have men worried about their safety. Gobshite thinks being perceived as a non-threat and being the ones men see as public property, the ones to be punished for existing, is a privilege.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

The “less likely to live in poverty” one is the funniest. Statistics, what are those?

armondikov

If it may please the feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemales, might I humbly suggest that these are very qualitatively different to what are mostly cited as “male privileges”. Sure, there are a couple that are legit statistical points, but it once took a very long time to convince someone that “you’re homosexuality is a acceptable” isn’t the same thing by a long shot.

Alice Sanguinaria

Oh man, I missed the “not avoided by strangers of the other gender” one!

Lucky for me, I’ve never really been subjected to street harassment, but still. Am I supposed to feel honored that if some asshole stalks me, catcalls me, harass me, sexually assaults me, and otherwise bother me?

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

Circumcision is illegal

He did NOT fucking go there.

There are 8 year old girls being married off to adult men and DYING ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHTS.

Oh, fuck you dude. Fuck you and YOUR privilege so very fucking much.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Just as a general thing, why shouldn’t people avoid strangers? I mean, I don’t, but in some cultures that’s the norm.

Redcap
Redcap

You may as well go ahead and assume all “points” made have to do with the US (and maybe Canada if they feel generous). Because the States is 1) the only place with women, and 2) it’s the only place with feminists, duh. Those pesky other countries are obviously just footnotes in The Grand Scheme of The World. Oh, and a source of docile brides, of course.

dustydeste
dustydeste

Ugh, the suicide one pisses me off so much. It’s not that women are really less likely to consider/attempt suicide; it’s that they’re less likely to successfully commit suicide.

I’m also pretty skeptical of the “less likely to experience dysmorphia” bit. Umm, CITATION NEEDED PLZKTHX.

sparky
sparky

If men are more likely to be depressed, have a mental illness, or abuse drugs and/or alcohol, then how is “less mental health referrals” a female privilege. I mean, if men are having more need of mental health services than women, then wouldn’t it be a good thing that men are getting more mental health referrals? And aren’t women more likely to be diagnosed depressed than men? (I don’t even know if men are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol and have more mental illnesses than women; there’s absolutely no sources for these little bullet points and you also run into the “diagnosed vs actually have” issue” that KathleenB brought up).

And I don’t understand how women’s longer average life expectancy is female privilege. They want women to all drop dead at 65 so men can, what, be able to brag about living longer?

dustydeste
dustydeste

Overall, though, I think my favorite feeeeeemale privilege is my greater likelihood of attending a university other than the University of Assfax and graduating with a degree other than one in Bullshitology.

Andrew Johnston

“Hypergamy” is my favorite. This thing is ostensibly meant to change someone’s mind (I know, but it’s the overt intent), so why would you include your own weird internal lingo? Seriously, I don’t even know what the fuck that term is supposed to mean, though it is at least classier than “cock carousel.”

ignotussomnium
ignotussomnium

“Better education” doesn’t even make sense. Most public schools in the US have a pretty even number of boys and girls. Just because girls get higher test scores does not mean they receive a better education than boys. All-girls’ schools generally don’t get better funding than all-boys’ schools. If anything the opposite is true.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but iirc girls mainly receive higher scores in humanities, since as they get older they’re less encouraged to do well in math/sci areas. The fact that reading is seen as “girly” by some people is a case of patriarchy turning on men. Girls reading more just means that books are for girls and therefore stupid.

Andrew Johnston

Actually, first comment on that thread:

remove hypergamy, gynocentrism, the sisterhood and having it all – seriously, you’re shooting yourself in the foot with these

Wow, they’re learning. Had to happen eventually, I suppose.

dustydeste
dustydeste

AFAIK, hypergamy is an actual sociological term that’s been coopted by MRAs; I know it was a thing that was mentioned in a number of soc courses I took at uni, though it was mostly used in the context of historical trends, and followed with how increased education and rights for women decrease hypergamy on a societal level. It always strikes me as weird to see it used by MRAs because of this.

ignotussomnium
ignotussomnium

If we apply this to the entire world rather than just the US, the education stuff is laughably false. Girls are far less likely to receive an education at all, let alone a better one than boys. Girls are far more likely to be kept home to do work or to work at a factory.

Fuck, just look at Malala Yousafzai. She nearly got assassinated for wanting to go to school. I have never heard of a boy facing that kind of threat.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Also: “Punished less for changing your mind.” What is this even referring to?

If I had to guess, abortion.

Also, this weekend I was with some family and we were watching TV when some announcer said ‘did you know, suicide is the biggest killer of men aged 16-25*?’, to which I automatically responded ‘yes, but the two biggest killers of women that age are men and childbirth’. Anyhoo, my family are awesome so we all sat down to a chat about gender roles and expectations coupled with domestic violence and ‘reprisals’ for not fulfilling one’s ‘role’. I am so super-duper glad I don’t have any closet MRAs in my family.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

(*whoops! Was supposed to add that I’m recalling those ages off the top of my head so they may be innaccurate but it was the same age where most women of that age are killed by the factors I mentioned)

kittehserf

It’d be typical if it was abortion this dipshit was on about. Never mind that the majority of men can’t get pregnant, so abortion doesn’t apply to them, and never mind that women are punished for “changing our minds” or simply having the temerity to not want to have a child at that point. Punished by death, still, if you’re unlucky enough.

But of course none of that can compare with the horror of a man who doesn’t want a child having to help support it once it’s born.

Lili Fugit
Lili Fugit

My favorite privilege is the one where, because I live in the only country in the world, I get to not have my inner labia and clitoris scraped out with a piece of broken glass and then get sewn back up again to satisfy the pathetic man who wants to brag about how his wife was so virginal he had to use a knife to open her up on her wedding night.

Yeah, bar none, my favorite, totally unearned, totally uncalled for Female Privilege. Not having my entire sexual being mutilated and then compared, laughably, to lobbing off a bit a unused skin at the tip of a penis. Wah. Poor Teh Menz. <— me, totally flaunting my privileged unmutilated vulva.

hellkell
hellkell

Mine is making less money for the same job as a dude. Total fucking privilege.

Well, that and the spermjacking.

bodycrimes

Ooh! I have so many privileges. I like that males get their opinions taken more seriously, so we feemales don’t have to spend so much time thinking about stuff. I also like it that when I watch movies or television I get to perve on men all the time because the screen isn’t cluttered up with too many women. I also like the fact that we women are interchangeable with one another (as in “what do women voters want?”) because it saves me the hard work of having to develop my own personality.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

I put on fundraisers for an anti-FGM group (who are doing OSSOM STUFF) about once every two months. We have to have meetings to discuss how to deal with the WATMenz stuff.

>:(

Brooked
Brooked

David, the list’s authors seemed obsessed with work safety statistics, but those statistics usually don’t include the one particularly dangerous profession: prostitution.

Wikipedia Fun Fact: “A continuation of the Colorado Springs study [of women prostitutes] found a death rate among active prostitutes of 459 per 100,000, which is 5.9 times that for the (age and race adjusted) general population. This corresponds to an occupational fatality rate more than triple that of fishing workers (the highest fatality profession tracked by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics).”

So there’s that.

Maude LL
Maude LL

MRA against MRAs!
After all these years of arguing that women are crazier than men, that they should not work in places where men work (such as the military) and that women are sucking to the government’s teat (therefore poorer than men), and that most women are addicted to drugs, now we have a MRA counterassfax to defeat MRA assfax!

ZombieBear
ZombieBear

If it may please the females, may I humbly suggest that; This writer is full of ‘IT’, Most of these “privileges” are simply human choices rather then privileges, I mean, I am greatly appreciative of the fact unlike my father, I do not have several liters of alcohol forced down my throat. Its a real privilege not being tied down and forced to drink, shoot up and then kill myself.

Of course ignoring the blatant falsehoods, such as the fact that as far as birth control options, there are just as many available to men, from hormones to surgery, and most of them are far less invasive, Male Condoms are more comfortable, and vasectomies are an out patient service ect. The pill for men, could exist, apart from the fact that so many men are terrified of it. The studies that have been done so far, have far fewer side effects then the pill for women. Also, similar to the IUD, men have another procedure that is less pain and discomfort then women, where an inert material is injected into the vas deferens and without hormones or anything that could move, pierce a highly vascularized wall, prevent sperm from entering the seminal pouch for up to 10 years. I know this is such a small thing to pick on, but well… lets face it, when it comes to our own virility, even when we do not want kids, we are very timid, especially the MRAs.

Maude LL
Maude LL

Hellkell ninjaed me with spermjacking, but I must say, I also appreciate my privilege of not being forced to pay $8,000 a month in child support with my $8,020 a month salary with only enough money to feed myself with onions and cornstarch, like so many men’s rights subreddit testimonies.

sparky
sparky

My favorite feeemale privilege is that there’s whole industries built around my appearance, like the cosmetics industry, the weight loss industry, women’s fashion magazines, etc. Having people tell me what kind of narrow mold I have to fit in in order to be socially acceptable and attractive makes my life soooo much easier. I don’t have to worry about finding any kind of personal style or accepting my body or anything! And, all the extra time and money I waste on obsessing over my appearance means I don’t have any extra time or energy or resources to focus on anything unbecoming a woman, like a college education or anything like that! Thank you, feeemale privilege.

Myoo
Myoo

If it may please the feeemales:

Less likely to transition gender identity

In order for this to be a privilege you would have to consider transitioning to be a bad thing, plus, people who are considered female who transition, do so because they’re not actually female, so how does that count as female privilege?

kittehserf

Old, withered, dried-up onions, too.

Alice Sanguinaria

kittehs – And it’s entirely powder!

cloudiah

A different Mister Redditor made another fantastic poster.

Maude LL
Maude LL

kitteh – I hope they’re not getting their dried onions cooked by a woman, sunshine mary informed me that women can’t cook anymore.

kittehserf

Alice – it’s the cornstarch used as talc! They have to shake the bottle over the withered onion!

kittehserf

Maude, no, they’re eating them raw, with the skin on, and a dusting of cornstarch talc.

Maude LL
Maude LL

cloudiah –
What. That poster is unreadable. What’s it trying to communicate? I guess my privilege is blinding me from reading the words around that keylock.
Also, ‘sexism is never benevolent’ is the point of the expression ‘benevolent sexism’.
Funny MRAs.