a voice for men awesome links men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA parody PUA rape culture somegreybloke TROOOLLLL!!

Links of Great Interest

Unknown high school drama club, from Things More Numerous
Unknown high school drama club, from Things More Numerous Than People At MRA Rallies

Today, some  links to awesome stuff of great interest to Man Boobzers.

6 Ways to Fight Trolls Instead of Starving Them

In The Daily Airship, former Man Boobzer Erica Stratton reflects on her experiences fighting trolls in the Man Boobz comments section.

Things More Numerous Than People At MRA Rallies

Inspired by the recent very tiny MRA rally in Toronto, this new Tumblr blog posts pictures of groups of people — and horses, and bees, and other things — that are larger than the group of people that the MRAs managed to attract to their little shindig.

Thunderf00t has decided to talk about rape

Mike Booth, friend of Man Boobz and the guy behind mostly immobile internet cartoon sensation SomeGreyBloke and faux-MRA Dan Cardamon, presents an effective takedown of a recent video by infamous atheist asshole Thunderf00t.

Sex Toy Recycling Dot Com

Ok, this isn’t directly relevant to Man Boobzers, but this Wretched Refuse post on Sex Toy recycling is pretty hilarious.

And finally, I think I have found where Julian, the creepy PUA coach from Real Social Dynamics we looked at yesterday, got most of his ideas about women:

Argenti Aertheri

Fix my computer to TV hook up and then we can do this proposing thing? Cuz that’s kinda a summary of when my ex-fiancé proposed (I am tech wiz! Watch me makes XP deal with a TV as a second monitor!)…of course, there was that air of “I give up on this fucking thing, can you do it?” versus “do gendered thing that I could totally do myself”

This is me unable to come up with how this could be sweet.

kittehserf

marinerachel – yeah, m’lord and I joke around with “do this for me” stuff, though not the “do this umpteen times” version, but shit, he had better manners towards his servants back in the day when he was a king, with all the arrogance that implies, than this turd does toward his supposed beloved.

Of course there are times when “do X for me” is essential. Like when one of us is providing lap space for a kitty and it would be just WRONG to move.

kittehserf

I’ll never understand why someone would want to marry someone who will only marry them in exchange for something. If you don’t want to marry me in order to be married to me, I don’t want to marry you. Fin.

QFT!!!

We did the whole proposing thing backward – like, after we were married. 🙂

marinerachel
marinerachel

I just can’t even imagine how that wouldn’t set off alarms and just be hurtful – “Sure, I’ll marry you. For sandwiches!”

Fi

I’m single (ooh, must be why I’m a feminist!) but I totally enjoy ordering male family members, particularly my long-suffering brother, to make me cups of tea. Sometimes it works. MISANDRY! Of course, said little bro spent our teen years trying to order me to make him snacks, and sometimes that worked, but reciprocity is obviously for bitchez and manginas.

Fi

And the sandwich thing is like an even creepier version than that Facebook crap that goes “if this page gets X likes my boyfriend will totally propose!” What again is so great about an institution that makes people act that pathetic? (Completely rhetorical, I know there are good marriages out there too)

kittehserf

Fi – I’ll see your “make me a cuppa” and raise it. Last time I was lying on the couch at Home with Katiekins, Queen of the House ensconced on my chest, m’lud not only brought in a cup of herbal tea but held it so I could drink it through a straw!

Fi

The wisdom accumulated over the centuries has obviously made him realise that you only deprive human family of tea and fluffy family of snuggle-time if you are into Dire Consequences.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

There’s been this trend lately of people doing ridiculous stunts and setting epic tasks for themselves in order to obtain a proposal. It seems to be a combination of Facebook narcissism and misguided notions about fairy tale love (i.e., if you have to do XYZ impossible task to win the prince(ss), then your love is EPIC.). Love is hard enough on its own, without introducing unnecessary obstacles.

300 sandwiches definitely smacks of someone angling for a Julie and Julia type book deal. It sounds like it would be the most boring movie ever, watching someone make sandwich after sandwich after sandwich after sandwich. The only way I’d pay to see it is if there’s a plot twist, like it turns out he’s been dead all along and she’s really a Russian double agent.

Marie
Marie

@buttercup

That would be a great plot twist though XD

::dies::

And some of those Dire Consequences are like this!

kittehserf

auggz – I’m seeing Norman Bates trying to get Mother to eat sammiches.

“Mom, you need to eat, you’re nothing but a bag of bones!”

CassandraSays

And kittehs wins the thread.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

auggziliary – now you’re talking!

Or she makes him 300 tuna sandwiches, then stealthily wads them into the radiators.

Haha, I thought you were talking about Facebook.

CassandraSays

Sometimes Facebook makes me wonder if our species deserves extinction. It’s amazing how many people go from “seems kind of cool” to “holy crap you’re self centered and annoying” via just one site.

Fi

Hey, it is just like marriage (or at least wedding-planning) then!

I actually thought the Julie plotline of Julie and Julia was deadly boring too, particularly since they cast someone as weaksauce as Amy Adams.

Fi

And seriously, who never eats an egg until their thirties unless they’re allergic or morally opposed or something?

kittehserf

Never eats an egg until their thirties?

Wut? Is this the sammich-dude?

SittieKitty

I dislike eggs. >.>

CassandraSays

Me too! I’m not allergic, I just hate the taste, and the texture of cooked egg whites.

I love how her response to accusations of sexism is that he can cook better than her. So…he’s ordering her to do something that he not only could do himself, but would do better than her? Thereby eliminating the possibility that he’s just a myopic loser who really, really likes sandwiches, and leaving control as his sole possible motive? And that makes it better?

kittehserf

I love egg yolk, the whites, meh.

Fi

I stopped watching Julie and Julia shortly after Julie Powell declared she had never eaten an egg because she’d always imagined they were gross and slimy. She wasn’t allergic because she’d had them in baking and stuff. She then compared her first poached egg (which she loved) to cheese sauce. She didn’t even know whether she liked them or not before then because all her life she’d refused to try them, and she wanted to become some sort of semi-celebrity chef!

kittehserf

katz – if it’s not an abusive relationship, I’d say it’s a “they deserve each other but I hope they don’t reproduce, because we don’t need more of that level of stupid” one.

Fi

I mean, nothing wrong with disliking certain foods, but you should probably know why instead of inventing a weird reason which turns out to be untrue.

kittehserf

“Julie Powell declared she had never eaten an egg because she’d always imagined they were gross and slimy.”

“You’re not supposed to eat them raw, dear.”

Never eats an egg until their thirties?

Wut? Is this the sammich-dude?

No, it’s Julie from Julie and Julia. And then she tries one and…she likes it? So she just never even tried them before because she thought she might not like them?

Sandwich dude only refuses to eat avocado, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, sprouts, cauliflower, raw tomatoes, peas, kale, blueberries, raisins, and olives. He’s not unreasonable or anything.

CassandraSays

You know, with sturdy enough bread you could probably get all of those in one sandwich. I’m just saying!

Fi

I can only think Julie didn’t want to practise cannibalism. Which only really works in New Zealand where “egg” is an insult. So really, no reason.

saintnick86

Thanks for the link to Mike Booth’s take down of Thunderf00t, David – I can’t stand the guy and have friends who take his arguments seriously. So, it’s enjoyable to see him get properly mocked for being the cretin he really is (being to use science to prove creationists wrong doesn’t detract from the fact he’s wrong about everything else).

That said: there’s actually more than three parts. I’m on part four at the moment.

SittieKitty

Yes Cassandra. However, I will point out I try everything I dislike every 5 years to ensure I still dislike it. Recent things that have come off my dislike list: Cherries and blueberries, pad thai.

Between avocado, spinach, mushroom, sprouts, and raw tomatoes, it almost seems like he made up that list to ensure that she couldn’t come up with 300 different acceptable sandwiches.

saintnick86

GAH! Being ABLE to use science to prove creationists wrong…

kittehserf

Fi – Egg is an insult in NZ? How’d that come about, do you know?

Mind you, it’s fun to think of random words as insults. They’d make as much sense as the stuff trolls throw around here.

Cassandra – I’m thinking all 300 sandwiches should have nothing but ingredients loserdude won’t/can’t eat. Or at least, sneaked in with something else so he’ll spit it out or break out in hives or something.

SittieKitty

Oh, and I can’t say anything about being picky, I’m incredibly picky, but I usually just deal with it by finding something for myself to eat. Or not eating and not complaining about it. I’m not short on food and I’m incredibly privileged to be able to be so picky so I don’t mention it, especially when people are being lovely hosts.

hellkell
hellkell

I like eggs, unless I’m hungover, and then there’s no way in hell I can eat them.

CassandraSays

I say we hide a chicken breast somewhere in his bedroom and don’t tell him where it is for 300 days. Organic, for maximum decomposition potential.

(Hey, chicken wasn’t on the list of unacceptable ingredients.)

Fi

Kittehserf — don’t really know. It’s like a milder form of “idiot” so maybe it refers to the intellect of an unfertilised hen’s ovum. I do know that it was big in my ’80s childhood and it’s never really gone away for my generation so I still use it all the time. It was also featured heavily in the film “Boy” which must have been befuddling to the international audience (if they could even understand the accents!)

kittehserf

I’m not particularly picky with stuff I know about, but I’m very wary of unknown dishes or ingredients, simply because of having no tolerance for hot stuff. If I don’t recognise something, I’m not likely to try it, especially if I’m paying. I hate wasting food and if something’s hot, it’s going to go uneaten.

Desserts, however, are another matter. 😉

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh (and pecunium) — you can have my yolks, I’ll take your egg whites! I fucking hate yolk news it’s scrambled // omelette.

To the point that finding what would’ve been the umbilical cord can put me off eggs for weeks. I’m weird about the eating ovum thing…

The rest of my no, dear gods no, list? Avocado, fucking mushrooms, eggplant, grape leaves, not terribly fond of artichokes but can stomach them, mayo shall be banished from my sight, mustard is gross but whatever, not terribly fond of poultry on the bone but can deal, fish is a no go but I don’t even recall what it tasts like, red meat and pork are icky unless in my cured meat guilty pleasure…I think that’s it? I mean, poultry and most vegetables and I’m good.

Oh, I hate figs. Which reminds me pecunium, my mother loves them and said she’ll take your leftovers (she said something about them and I recalled you asking if I like them…you share a problem, nobody to split the package with)

kittehserf

Fi – that’s funny, it’s like the opposite of insulting someone smart by calling them an egghead!

I am enjoying thinking of hearing it in a NZ accent, I must confess. (Someone I knew once said we got all the extra vowels in Oz that New Zealanders got rid of.)

CassandraSays

Better watch out, kittehs. Chilli mixed into chocolate is a thing now.

Argenti Aertheri

Also, chicken that leaves me saying the celery would’ em been chewed faster. I don’t care how much my brother likes their boneless wings, I am not eating their chicken again, that was absurd (guess who had waffle fries for dinner after a take-out failure?)

Argenti – it’s a deal!

I love scrambled eggs and omelettes too.

CassandraSays

Also, I once tried chocolate that had pink peppercorns mixed into it. The only word I can think of to describe the resulting taste is “weird”.

People should be able to eat whatever they like, but when it’s that long of a list of mostly vegetables, it just screams “entitled manchild whose mother used to trim the crusts off his grilled cheese and who now gets angry if you fold his shirts wrong or mention the word ‘healthy.'”

Argenti Aertheri

“News” should be “unless” and “would ’em” should be “would’ve” and autocorrect should be less fuckwad up.

…fucked. That’s what I get for hitting the w.

kittehserf

Cassandra – yeah, I know (sacrilege!). When my gf visited here last year she had chili drinking chocolate at my sadly-now-gone French cafe. The owner did the whole “It’s very mild, try it!” stuff, but gf, who’s from LA and loves hot stuff, said it was not mild at all.