a voice for men antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? artistry creepy edmonton grandiosity gross incompetence harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy rape culture rape jokes TyphonBlue

Meet the Patriarchy Party, the latest bid for media attention from Men’s Rights Edmonton

From the Patriarchy Party's actual pamphlet. I'm not sure there's enough red in it.
From the Patriarchy Party’s actual pamphlet. Yes, the name of the party is almost impossible to read. I don’t think that’s on purpose.

I sometimes say that the only “activism” that the Men’s Rights Movement is any good at is harassing individual women. But perhaps I’m being a bit too stingy here: following on the heels of the Father’s Rights activists who dress up like superheroes and climb up buildings and bridges to show that, well, I’m not sure what they’re trying to show, Men’s Rightsers seem to be developing a knack for poorly conceived media stunts that make them look like idiots.

The latest incredibly poorly conceived Men’s Rights media stunt come from Men’s Rights Edmonton, the A Voice for Men sister brother group famous for, among other things, chasing women down the street in the middle of the night and claiming that the women they chased were the bullies.

Anyway, the loudest and most obnoxious dude in the group, Nick Reading (a.k.a. “Eric Duckman”) has decided to run for Edmonton City Council on — get this! — the Patriarchy Party ticket! Oh no he didn’t!

Oh, yes he did. I suppose that the Patriarchy Party’s supposed platform — including a pledge “to end antiquated laws regarding women’s sexual consent” and provisions to instruct teachers “to snatch things like toy trucks out of the hands of little girls and replace them with dolls or tea sets” — probably inspired a chuckle or two amongst the folks at A Voice for Men, but the trollery here is really too inane to offend.

Whetever, dudes. You can find their badly designed pamphlet, with traced-photo “artwork” presumably by the noted FeMRA artist TyphonBlue, here.

Dub

I am saying most men could not vote, along with women. Save the moron label for yourself, until you have a point to make without resorting to insults.

chibigodzilla

Um, the 15th amendment granted franchise to all men in 1870. Not that there weren’t practices that made it difficult for certain groups of men to vote, but I’m not really seeing what Dub is bleating about.

LBT
LBT

RE: Dub

Feminism is for equality, but while fighting for the right to vote for women, whatever did the suffragettes do for men who couldn’t vote? Nothing, of course, they were a women’s movement, not an equality movement.

*squints at you*

Do you also complain that sites about football don’t talk about basketball? They were women, fighting for women’s voting rights. Of COURSE they didn’t focus on men’s voting rights, because they were specifically made for WOMEN’S voting rights.

A movement for white women, at that.

White feminists were (and still are) incredibly racist. But you act like there were no black women fighting for voting rights when that is completely untrue. Ida B. Wells. Remember her? Fought for the right to vote, PLUS anti-lynching shit, PLUS calling out the racism of white feminists? Sigourney Truth? Harriet Tubman? And those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Don’t play coy.

take your seat and enjoy

Thanks, I will.

LBT
LBT

RE: chibigodzilla

but I’m not really seeing what Dub is bleating about.

I… I THINK he’s trying to pull a gotcha, with the idea that white feminists were really fucking racist and classist? Which really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who’s learned much feminist history? Maybe?

I welcome him to say so for himself, since I really am so not sure.

Bina
Bina

Bina: why yes, I am, thank you. Off I will not fuck. With you, I will. Sorry about the complex.

Huh, that’s the first time a misogynist asshole has ever apologized to me for a problem HE has. I guess there might be hope for you yet. But no, you still don’t get to fuck with me. I don’t do fecal matter. Begone, before somebody drops a house on your pointy little head.

Brooked
Brooked

I am merely smarter than most feminists and religious fundies, and that is what matters.

Viscaria
Viscaria

So, thus far, I am creepy, I am a homophobe, and I “hate” women, and all for what? Because I strongly disagree with feminism. Got it.

Wrong, wrong, and right.

You’re creepy because you keep making unsolicited sexual comments. I don’t think anybody has even called you a homophobe, so I’m not sure why you keep carping on that — though your insistent use of the word “homosexuals” makes me suspicious. But, yes, “strongly disagreeing” with feminism makes you a misogynist.

Bina
Bina

Du(m)b thinks he’s a wit, but he’s only half right. And like Cloony the Clown and our failed fake satirist above, he’s funny just by accident.

LBT
LBT

The Dunning-Kruger effect at its finest, for sure.

Bina
Bina

Also, dafuq is up with the use of “homosexual” all the time? The only people I know who do that are sanctimonious, church-ridden homophobes who wrinkle their noses when they say it, and who reek of mothballs themselves.

Alice Sanguinaria

Can I just say, on behalf of all of the decent atheists, that Du(m)b is

1. an asshole, and
2. a shitty atheist who doesn’t even know what words mean?

Also, I apologize that we have such shitheads in our ranks.

Viscaria
Viscaria

“You aren’t funny. Gross.”

Uh-oh. Someone’s taken a figurative expression literally.

In reference to:

Ah yes, that old figurative expression: “Off I will not fuck. With you, I will.” How could Auggz read anything into that beyond it’s well-known colloquial meaning?

LBT
LBT

RE: Bina

Because ‘queer’ just ain’t sexy and elicit enough!

Bina
Bina

LBT, that’s probably true. Also, “gay” sounds nice and happy and likable and fun, and we can’t have non-straight people be THAT, can we?

This seems like a perfect opportunity for the word “inane.”

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“These two things are not mutually exclusive. That’s like saying geometry isn’t about math because it doesn’t focus on statistics, an important part of math.”

*also kinda likes geometry, in a broad sense* it’s useful for a grasp of proportion.

I’m gonna catch up on the bleating of the du(m)b now.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I’ve also seen “homosexual” used in medical literature, but that’s the sort of thing where “a 54 year old female (blah blah blah)” (wasn’t happy I implied she’s 55, sorry mom), or “a [age] homosexual male (blah blah stuff making his sexuality relevant)”

In short, it dehumanizes everyone.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

No, Scientologists believe we’re aliens trapped in earthly bodies by this other alien. (Today in “shit I could not make up if I tried”)

Is this really any weirder than any other religious beliefs? How is “we are aliens trapped in Earthly bodies” fundamentally different from “we are Heavenly souls trapped in Earthly bodies”?

Oh, Dubsy,

While Feminism may not technically be a religion, it exhibits all the traits typical of religion

Nope, it’s still missing the big one. I bet if you think really hard, you can figure out what that is.

including rabid dogmatism and fundamentalism, and articles of faith with one must not take issue

This isn’t true of all religions, or even most of them. Have you considered reading academic, popular, or even insider accounts of religions instead of just contrarian atheist ones? I hate to break it to you, but those guys don’t always know what they’re talking about.

lest one be ostracized from the group by the sorts of remarks we have just seen among the feminists here

I have a feeling that in groups where ostracism is practiced, the consequences are somewhat more dire than the mockery you experienced. Also, you’re not being mocked for being non-feminist; you’re being mocked because you’re not as clever as you think you are.

I’m not into religion.

I’m sure no one had figured this out before you made it plain.

“Look at me! I’m an atheist! I’m a freethinker and I’m smarter than everyone else! Religion is dumb! Look at me!” Dude, there are people here who’ve been atheists since before you were born, and quite a few mention the religious people who are much, much smarter than you. No one is impressed.

Also, since so many feminists are misandrists (they neither like nor respect men), how anyone could construe “misogyny” as some sort of flaw baffles me.

Misogyny is great.

Some women hate men, therefore I get to hate all women. Manlogic.

kittehserf

Dogmatism

Catmatism

YOU ARE IN THEIR POWER

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

It is great. I love to see feminists as offended by misogyny as religionists are by blasphemy. What of it?

Actually, now that I think about it, none of you actually have an argument to make.

An argument in response to what? We just come here to shoot the shit.

More directly, I mean to say that kittehserf’s implications that I am either a homophobe or a misogynist simply because I despise feminism is not logically justified.

Good thing that’s not her argument, then.

nor was it only women who could vote, but these are conveniently negligible facts in the feminist conscience. Only women matter.

@Kittehs

Ooh, d’you think Dub is really Uncle Monty?

Given the willful misinterpretations and the all-over-the-map accusations, I wouldn’t be surprised.

@Auggz

Because *some* men not being able to vote due to a variety of reasons is totally the same as no women being able to vote due to being women.

@LBT

Sigourney Truth?

Sojourner

Dub

“Some women hate men, therefore I get to hate all women. Manlogic.”

If I hated all women, you might be correct, but you have yet again falsely attributed your little feminist logics to someone whom you have incorrectly accused.

“If you want people to believe you’re smarter than feminists, or even the average fifth grader, you might want to try actually understanding the arguments that have been advanced. I’ll help you out: literally no one has said you are X, Y, or Z simply because you’re not a feminist. I dare you to find where someone did say that.”

Certainly they have. I have been called a creep, a misogynist, a homophobe, and a moron. I’m not going to go finding where they were said. Not my job. You can dig through the shit for yourself. Not that I mind these labels. I will never be able to defend myself against them. So, I apologize for nothing of which anyone here thinks of me. Let it be.

“This is a telling remark. Pseudo-intellectual blowhards tend to cast themselves as grand wits while failing to be even remotely witty. It certainly explains why you confuse the failed humor of a cultural dunderhead with satire.”

No, it really is satire. You just don’t like it, so you think it is failed So much for your intellectual superiority, blowhard. Your opinion isn’t fact.

“If the suffragists were for equality, they’d have been fighting for men to have the right to vote, too! Even though they already had it! Manlogic!”

No, that is an opinion, not a fact. The SUFFRAGETTES (not “suffragists”, they were not for the voting rights of anyone but white women) were a women’s advocacy group, which is fine, but they were not feminists.

“Women, like God, do not exist and therefore cannot be offended by things. Manlogic!”

Of course I made that assertion. Find where I did, anywhere, and then fairly accuse me once you have found anywhere I’ve even implied that logic. Your handle, including “goddess”, though, is telling. You think you are divine, and that’s the feminist logic that confuses a disbelief in your feminist religion with a disbelief in women. I know you’re only baiting me, but your “goddess” logic is still flawed, and you have misattributed personal character traits that I do not possess, or at least have nowhere stated or implied.

if you are attributing these illogical arguments to any of my positions, then yes, I am smarter than most feminists, and that especially includes you. You are putting words in my mouth just to be inflammatory, and there is nothing superior in your claiming that I am somehow “not as clever as I think I am”, which is another falsely attributed personal insult, with baseless grounding.

Dub

“Remember, Auggz: if women don’t put men’s needs first, they aren’t really fighting for equality.”

I am a mercenary political opportunist. I benefit from what suits me. What has feminism ever done for me? Nothing? Funny, neither has Christianity. If someone is not concerned with my needs, I am not concerned with theirs. Oh, but that is “hate”, the favorite feminist word.

Fuck off, Dub.

Lol, you fuck off.

Dude, you already said “Misogyny is great,” you’re obviously just trolling for attention. Nobody wants to talk to you.

kittehserf

Oh, so Dumb’s just a wannabe sociopath loser. I am all astonishment.

I wonder why he thinks this is a debate site? Though I guess any site would be, given he’s of the mass debater variety of troll.

Dub

I could fuck off, but I could instead fuck with you, which is far more amusing.

There’s that sexual language again! I probably mean it literally! Hahaha.

Dub

And you are somehow better than a sociopath loser, what, because you’re a feminist? Really, I’m impressed.

So anyone bought a new bra lately?

Dub

Misogyny is great. So are Christianity, Islam, Feminism, nationalism, liberalism, and fascism. What of it.

hellkell

I’m looking for a new bra, any suggestions?

I think I may get the UD Naked 3 palette for myself for xmas, the colors look fun.

Dub

I bought a bra. I then burned it, and decided I didn’t like men.

Dub

See you little homophobic sexual-shaming feminists on the by-and-by. ^-^

I am going to fuck all of you. LOL.

I don’t have any suggestions; I almost never find bras that I’m happy with, myself.

Recently decided to be unprecedented and buy some blue ones. Exciting bra color choices!

hellkell

Dub, the only thing you’ll be fucking is your hand, again. It’s probably just as tired of you as I am.

Reply to  LBT

LBT:

Certainly, and those are fine things to do. They are true to the original intentions of feminism. I would not wish slavery or institutional misogyny upon women, black or white.

hellkell

Katz: I have like two bras that I’m babying because I HATE bra shopping.

Dub

hellkell, you are again mistaken, but that’s a cute bit of humor on your part.

Ally S

I am going to fuck all of you. LOL.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah it’s so fucking funny to make sexually invasive comments towards people when they have repeatedly told you to stop and hey they can’t possibly hurt anyone especially not anyone who is trying to deal with memories of sexual abuse right now like me oh not at all you’re just an adorable little joker who means no harm

GTFO you piece of shit

Auggziliary:

Incorrect. I would rather there no no stupid parades or special months.
Affirmative action only affirms that minorities can do nothing on merit, and only succeed with the help of big government in their personal lives.

I have a pair of bras that fit perfectly and I love, but they don’t have clasps, so you have to pull them off over your head. That’s pretty inconvenient.

hellkell

Ally: Dark Lord has been summoned.

Ally S

Thanks, hellkell.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Dub, I notice you (once again) blew right past the part where I pointed out how wrong you were about religion. Conceding defeat on that one?

You have to be faking. No one is actually this stupid.

Cool story, bro, but that’s not the claim I was arguing against.

LOL

You are putting words in my mouth just to be inflammatory

Pot, kettle, etc.

Someone has emailed David, right? We have multiple admissions of deliberate trolling.

hellkell

Dub’s a racist too. I am not at all surprised.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Whoops, ninja’d.

Dub, I thought you were leaving. Katz, care to rate that flounce?

Dub

LOL, Ally S is mad. Troll win. You know, besides the fact that she could afford to realize that she will encounter things she doesn’t like to hear, in real life, sooner or later. I’m so sorry your sensitive little eyes must read the word FUCK.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

And now he’s mocking trauma victims. Stay classy, bro.

hellkell

The Texas judge gives the flounce a 2/10, bless his heart.

I rate it zero because I can’t be assed to go back and read where he actually flounced. Standard deductions apply.