a voice for men antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? artistry creepy edmonton grandiosity gross incompetence harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy rape culture rape jokes TyphonBlue

Meet the Patriarchy Party, the latest bid for media attention from Men’s Rights Edmonton

From the Patriarchy Party's actual pamphlet. I'm not sure there's enough red in it.
From the Patriarchy Party’s actual pamphlet. Yes, the name of the party is almost impossible to read. I don’t think that’s on purpose.

I sometimes say that the only “activism” that the Men’s Rights Movement is any good at is harassing individual women. But perhaps I’m being a bit too stingy here: following on the heels of the Father’s Rights activists who dress up like superheroes and climb up buildings and bridges to show that, well, I’m not sure what they’re trying to show, Men’s Rightsers seem to be developing a knack for poorly conceived media stunts that make them look like idiots.

The latest incredibly poorly conceived Men’s Rights media stunt come from Men’s Rights Edmonton, the A Voice for Men sister brother group famous for, among other things, chasing women down the street in the middle of the night and claiming that the women they chased were the bullies.

Anyway, the loudest and most obnoxious dude in the group, Nick Reading (a.k.a. “Eric Duckman”) has decided to run for Edmonton City Council on — get this! — the Patriarchy Party ticket! Oh no he didn’t!

Oh, yes he did. I suppose that the Patriarchy Party’s supposed platform — including a pledge “to end antiquated laws regarding women’s sexual consent” and provisions to instruct teachers “to snatch things like toy trucks out of the hands of little girls and replace them with dolls or tea sets” — probably inspired a chuckle or two amongst the folks at A Voice for Men, but the trollery here is really too inane to offend.

Whetever, dudes. You can find their badly designed pamphlet, with traced-photo “artwork” presumably by the noted FeMRA artist TyphonBlue, here.

Ally S

fucking asshole i’m shaking right now

Dub

I would have left, if I weren’t about to have so much fun, up to and including my being banned for trolling in return for being trolled and insulted.

Right, so:

Racist, moron, homophobe, creep, asshole. These are great. I hope you all feel better.

Dub

Shake some more. Maybe hurling insults at me will help. I loved that part.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?

kittehserf

Yes, the Dark Lord has been emailed.

Dub

Be a professional perpetual victim for someone who cares. Fuck your feelings, as you and countless others have disregarded mine.

Dub

I have been abused. I chose to get over that shit. I’m sorry you can’t, augz.

hellkell

What, besides your stupidity, makes you think we give the barest of fucks about your feelings? You’ve been an asshole from the jump. Narcissistic pig.

CassandraSays

TAA, is that you?

I loved the bit about anti-feminism not implying “disbelief in women”. He finally said something correct! In that disbelief in women would mean believing that women don’t exist.

Quick Ally, watch a kitten being bottle fed

Dub

Exactly. So, fuck your feelings, too. You do nothing but throw insults, and expect any sort of respect. Naw.

Ally S

@katz

awwwwwwwwwww :3 thanks

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

You came here and acted like an asshole, and now you’re whining because people didn’t respond politely? you’re like the bully who cries when someone finally fights back.

Look, IDGAF what you think about feminism and “perpetual victimhood”, this isn’t someone saying her feelings were hurt. This is someone experiencing PTSD, and you need to back the fuck off her.

Dub

It doesn’t. You expect me to give a fuck about you, though, so I don’t have to. Construe it as “self-centered” as much as you like.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

If you don’t like how you’ve been treated, no one is making you stay.

hellkell

We expect you to fuck off. Go away.

You came here for a fight and you got it.

kittehserf

I suggest we ignore wankyboy. He’s trolling for attention. Starve him ’till the Dark Lord kicks him off.

Dub

I’m not whining. I’m simply telling you how it is, and how I will treat you, based upon how you have received me, with insults and nothing more. You are the whinger here, GODDESS.

No-one is experiencing PTSD. I have said nothing about rape, or violence, or even implied anything of the sort. I simply said, FUCK YOU.

Ally S

emily, I don’t know if I have PTSD. I’m just experiencing a fuckton of anxiety because of this.

also dub GET THE FUCK OUT

So wet!
So great!
Wonderful!
Fuck me now!

/sarcasm

Ally S

gaslighting piece of shit fuck off

hellkell

Dub, you don’t get tell others what they are experiencing.

Alice Sanguinaria

Ally – I’m sorry that this douche calls himself an atheist. *offers hugs*

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

based upon how you have received me, with insults and nothing more.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED. What makes you think you were entitled to better?

No-one is experiencing PTSD.

You’re psychic now?

I simply said, FUCK YOU.

liar.

Ally, I saw that post, and I’m so sorry about what happened to you. I assumed that what you said “triggered”, you were referring to a trauma reaction. Either way, you’ve been upset beyond the level of “offended” that trolls like Dub like to accuse feminists of, and you deserve better than his bullshit.

CassandraSays

So, yeah, I think we can safely assume this one has nothing worthwhile to say and ignore him. Bras – I like this one.

Dub

No-one is experiencing PTSD. Someone chose to take the figurative phrase “I am fucking with you” literally. I have mentioned nothing about intended rape, or violence.

Also, no-one is whining about anything, GODDESS (how I love the self-importance of that name); I am telling you how it is. You are the whinger here, about how anything I have said could be embellished into “ptsd” or something more serious than a comment on paper.

Dub

Okay, goddess, I said “i’m going to fuck with you”. That’s no worse than “fuck you”.
You got me.

I’m ssoooooo sorry someone took that the wrong way, and not just for the figure of speech that it is.

hellkell

Dub, you actually said, “I will fuck all of you.” Don’t lie, we can scroll up.

hellkell

“Scuse me, it was “I am going to…” With a LOL on top.

Must be more “satire.”

LBT
LBT

articles of faith with one must not take issue

Oh god, no one tell him about Judaism.

RE: emilygoddess

Sojourner

…I am so ashamed I screwed up her name. I EVEN KNEW THAT. *hangs head in shame, turns in history badge*

RE: Dub

If someone is not concerned with my needs, I am not concerned with theirs.

Wow, I’m so glad I’m not friends with you then.

I would not wish slavery or institutional misogyny upon women, black or white.

That directly contradicts what you said earlier.

Fuck your feelings, as you and countless others have disregarded mine.

Says the troll who’s laughing at upsetting people. I bet that makes you feel really big and strong, isn’t it? Being able to upset strangers on the Internet. What a great accomplishment.

I have been abused. I chose to get over that shit.

Sure you have, sweetie. That’s why you go and bother strangers on the Internet. You have everything down. You keep telling yourself that. We all believe you.

LBT
LBT

This sounds like a time for FEMINIST METAL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygUPP02XHwg

LBT
LBT

Dub, you can try and get us to say, “I will fuck you,” back, but we just aren’t interested. Nice try, though!

Alice Sanguinaria

RE bras – question. Why do bras have to cost so much?

CassandraSays

I’ll say “I would not fuck you with someone else’s vagina”, though.

Alice Sanguinaria

Also, rape threats aren’t cool dude. Go step on Legos.

kittehserf

Alice, good question. They’re ridiculously expensive. As for finding ones without underwires in larger sizes, it just isn’t happening. I got rid of the underwires in all mine recently. Damn things jab my arms.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

In retrospect, I realize that “you got what you deserved” was probably not a cool thing to say to an abuse survivor. Dub, I’m sorry I said that to you.

LBT
LBT

It’s hubby’s birthday today! And he wants to do drag. However, we don’t have appropriate chestmeats! Can anyone recommend quick and easy bra stuffers? Socks or something?

kittehserf

Here’s another random question: why do clothes models – men or women – always get stuck in such drooby poses? Hunched over, miserable expressions … they don’t look like they’re getting any pleasure from the clothes, and they don’t (to me) look cool or anything else. Who are the nincompoops in the fashion/advertising industries who think this is a good idea?

(This was inspired by looking for a good template for m’lud’s new cardigan, but damn, I’m not using any of the pics I’ve seen so far.)

Ally S

I’m sorry for exploding like that, guys. I’m calming down now. Dub is still a fucking asshole, though.

Alice Sanguinaria

LBT – If you have some clean rags, that would feel more comfortable than socks.

Uh… don’t ask me why.

hellkell

LBT: How big do they need to be? Maybe paper towels or cotton balls–something you can arrange and not be as lumpy as socks.

I hate underwires, too. Luckily I’m only a B, so I can find non-underwire stuff pretty easily.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I know I shouldn’t give him the satisfaction or whatever, but Ally you are not alone in reacting strongly to that statement. Hugs if wanted.

Ally S

Honestly, I hope I never have to wear a bra. At least not frequently. My perspective is of course ill-informed but they just look so uncomfortable.

Ally S

Thanks David! You’re awesome.

kittehserf

Thank you, David!

kittehserf

Ally – the comfort varies. I’ll wear pull-on ones that are really just short singlets with a bit of a cup, in summer; they’re more about opacity than support. The thing I find most annoying about more structured bras is the band under the breast; I don’t like having elastic around my ribs, and it gets really sweaty.

Whew!