advocacy of violence antifeminism dawgies domestic violence dozens of upvotes evil women excusing abuse imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA not-quite-plausible deniability oppressed men patriarchy playing the victim reddit

Feminism is like anti-obedience school for dogs, explains Men’s Rights Redditor

Apparently feminism has turned the lovely and obedient ladies of yore into a bunch of wild wolves and dingoes — by preventing men from “putting the foot down” when ladies misbehave. At least that’s what the always awful Men’s Rights Redditor who calls himself Alisdair_ and the 41 terrible people who’ve upvoted his comment so far think:

Alisdair_ 25 points 1 day ago* (41|16)      Naw. Men are the ones with the problem. Men are ruining society. Men need to pick up the slack. Men need to do this. Men need to do that. Nag nag nag nag nag. And you women wonder why we'd rather play video games than work or live with you...  It's like with a dog. If you let the dog do anything it wants to uncontested it will soon try to outright dominate you. Bite, bully and piss on you. People too are like this to an extent, some more than others, and in particular I find that a lot of women are like this or have an inclination to fall into bad habits there as all these bullying and mocking articles exemplify in my humble opinion. In the west it's basically become illegal to put the foot down to this if it's a woman doing it to you. So if you live with a woman you have to put up with it or you'll be in jail soon for some bogus lie told to the police. In contrast a well mannered and trained dog, one subject to consequences for bad behavior, can be an amazing and fulfilling companion. Imagine if you will if there was a feminism for dogs and you basically had to live with wild wolves and dingos. You'd see a dramatic drop in people with dogs.

Thanks to chewinchawingum in the AgainstMensRights subreddit for pointing out this lovely quote. Huh. There’s something that seems oddly familiar about chewinchawingum.

Fade

@ally

Yay! Mine is that weird person who just followed you who coincidentally has my manboobz avatar and a name very similar to my manboobz name

Marie
Marie

@Ally

Oooh ooh! Mind if I tumbl follow you too? 😀

melody
melody

I followed you ally!

Fade

@kittehserf

do you mind me asking you a question about your knee?

It would be better if they were, though, because nothing makes you happier than sticking our face in a dog’s coat. Especially northern breeds with thick coats. XD

Obviously we are of one mind.

Fade

@katz

Curses! Seeing that picture made me just browse through your gallery to try to find it so I could favorite it!

Stop having good art! XD

TL;DR, it’s cute.

Argenti Aertheri

“They don’t make squeaky adorable noises while licking your hand.”

They could! I know one who makes squeaky adorable noises while biting me…(biting being entirely consensual in this context)

Kitteh — this is my good knee, I think from compensating thanks to the bad one having a perpetual cranky while at pecunium’s. Neither has much cartilage left, at least not according to narcissist ex’s chiropractor friend. My bad one just tends to behave if I don’t bend it for long and don’t go doing stairs all day (which is how pecunium’s killed it, the space for being social is upstairs, the space for smoking is outside)

Respectfully, at least you are old enough for this shit, I’m not even 30 and my knee(s) are working their way to nothingness. Best part? Got off the train yesterday and discovered a whole new owies — nerve in the foot beneath the bad knee decided to throb, thankfully it got over it.

LBT
LBT

I’m on tumblr too. I don’t use it THAT often, but it’s LB-Lee if anyone’s curious.

With dogs, you get what you give. With women, much more often than not, a man can give them everything and he still gets nothing.

Aw, Mejas has a sad because humans’ behavior can’t be easily predicted or controlled. Poor Mejas.

RE: Chie Satanoaka

Oh, are you einhornglitzensomething? Yeah, if you keep to your little corner, you’re FAIRLY safe.

RE: Kittehs

I tore cartilage in my knee a few years back. I was lucky, though, and was able to fob it off with physical therapy. For a while, anyway, my knees aren’t so hot now. But at least I can do all the walking I want!

kittehserf

Fade – sure, ask anything! 🙂

Argenti, and LBT – couldn’t agree more. It sucks having this happen at fifty, it would be FUCKING WRONG to have it happen in one’s twenties.

Stairs, ow. I had to give up using my own private dunny at work, ‘cos it’s upstairs, and our stairs are really steep (19th century terrace house).

Men and noises – well, Sir purrs. As in, literally.

@katz

Stop having good art! XD

TL;DR, it’s cute.

Aww, thanks :3 It needs a little love, like the animals don’t have any shadows so they all look like they’re floating, but it was an ambitious project for watercolor/pencil.

Fade

Okay

Do you use any walking aides or braces?

*curious b/c I have a single point cane and have to graduate to a quad and love comparing notes on mobility devices*

Argenti Aertheri

I do not, since I’m usually good on flat surfaces and stairs usually have railings (which I tend to make use of)

I did have one of those full length umbrellas that can double as a walking stick for awhile, but Pittsburgh ruined it and I couldn’t find another (and seeing how I always carry an umbrella, it got weird)

LBT
LBT

My knees just don’t like deep bending; I make the old man groan when I have to squat. But as long as I can walk, I’m good.

Ally S

Thanks, everyone who followed me ^_^ (and I followed you, too, LBT!)

kittehserf

Fade – I use a standard metal walking stick, single point, with the rubber stop. Mum’s got one of those four-point ones but never uses it (she uses her single-point around the house or her walker outside). It’s the same pattern as the second from the left in this pic:

I’m not sure I need it all the time (ie when walking to work; I don’t need it indoors) but it feels like it gives a bit of support for the Crapulous Knee, and it is good for getting a seat on public transport.

kittehserf

Oh, forgot about braces: I’ve tried various support/compression strap thingies on the knee, and at present am using an Incredibrace. I don’t really believe their advertisng about the super-duper stuff in it and healing up, blah blah, but it is the best brace I’ve worn yet. Two hitches: I had to take the flexible plastic strips out of the sides, because they’d get bent and jab into my knee; and I have to wear a bit of soft stocking under it, because it scratches like hell on the back of my knee and would cause serious chafing in no time. All that said, it does feel supportive (or will if I can find a suspender belt to stop it sagging) and does minimise the pain of the knee.

Fade

@kittehserf

that is a pretty pattern. And my policy with mobility devices is “better safe than sorry”, so it doesn’t sound weird to take it lots of places

(I’m getting bad with taking my cane around with me now that i got my wheelchair, but I’ve found out if I have to walk short distances now I’m screwed. So I should probably follow my own policy. XD)

That brace looks similar to something my dad wears, but I bet it’s more supportive. I don’t use my brace too much anymore, b/c it started aggravating my skin randomly. 🙁

Also, those canes look very similar to my cane, except mine doesn’t have a wrist strap.

kittehserf

What sort of brace did you use, Fade? They do get damn scratchy. I wear ’em over leggings, mostly.

Is your cane a folding one? Would a folding one be more convenient for taking when you’re using your chair? Non-folding ones are pests enough just when walking, if you’ve got other stuff to deal with.

That reminds me: Argenti, you mentioned an umbrella that doubled as a walking stick. Was it a particularly strengthened one, or just strong enough to bear some weight? I have a heap of full-length umbrellas but using ’em as sticks would just break them eventually. I’d love to be able to, because having to take full-size umbrella + walking stick = extremely awkward.

Fade

@kittehs

I looks a lot like this but with more padding around the kneecap

it’s totally a folding one. 😉 I’ve just been lazy (also, I lost my cane holder for when it’s folded up but now I found it so emergency adverted)

I hope they make folding quad canes, though

Fade

*It, not I

I do not actually look like a knee brace

kittehserf

“I do not actually look like a knee brace”

That’s what you say ::looks suspiciously at Fade::

Is the chunky bit on the side of the knee like a hinge?

There are folding quad canes!

Do you need a wide or narrow base one?

kittehserf

Manboobzer #735 to not realise an Amazon link pastes the whole image. 😀

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — it was a regular umbrella, but I’m the proverbial 98 lb weakling so I couldn’t have been putting more than 20 lbs on it — partly cuz I’m tiny, partly cuz my knee rarely straight up gives out and is more inclined to just make me wince if I put too much pressure on it (advise people, never go hiking the day you get off crutches!)

Argenti Aertheri

And I’ve tried knee braces on and off for years, but I never like them enough to just wear them, and putting them on once my knee is cranky does no good. Also…my legs are weird, my thighs are like 20″ of crushing your head and my calves are…not. Braces never fit right in other words.

My knee high boots seem to help though, cuz ankle support + heels means I’m not rolling my damned ankles.

Xen
Xen

I like cats better anyway.

kittehserf

Argenti – ah, gotcha. I’m 84kg (about 185lb), so that’s where the difference is.

My knee rarely gives out, too, thank goodness. Mostly the muscle on the inside gets a sharpish pain, and there’s often some referred muscle soreness in the thighs. It’s worst at night, but hasn’t yet stopped me from getting to sleep (fingers crossed we don’t get to that stage).

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well… my analysis of where radfem transphobia originally comes from is the following: Some people, like myself, don’t have much in the way of a gender identity to start with. As Ozy put it, we’re “cis by default”. We go by cis since we don’t mind being called the pronoun or the name that was assigned to us at birth, and don’t really mind our bodies (well, I don’t completely fit this mold since I feel more at home in a more masculine-looking body than the one I was born with, but I’m still very much cis-by-default when it comes to pronouns and stuff). If you’re like this, I think you’re far more likely to be attracted to feminism than if you completely identify with your assigned gender. If you don’t have much of a gender identity, you’re more prone to feel that gender is something tacked-on, something made-up by society. And when you’ve come that far, you’re probably gonna become a feminist.

Hmm, this bothers me a bit, and I think it’s because of what sparky was saying about the difference between gender identity and societal construction of gender roles. For example, I’m biologically female and cis. In terms of gender identity, definitely comfortable with being and being seen as female, like having a feminine face and body. I like some stuff that’s gendered feminine from a societal perspective (clothes, makeup, cooking), and other stuff that isn’t (loud aggressive music, ice hockey). In terms of gender roles and how they operate in society and are used to determine appropriate behavior, job types, ways of relating to other people and so on, otoh, I’ve hated that stuff and been kicking against it since I was a little kid. So, little kid who was happy to run around wearing sparkly eyeshadow and fairy wings while watching The Last Unicorn and singing along but would punch you in the face if you told her she couldn’t do something because she was a girl, and then go play football with her (male) best friend.

I’m totally comfortable in my gender identity, which is the one that people would assign to me based on my genitalia and my appearance, but really annoyed by the expectations that society imposes on people with that gender identity. Which is what initially drew me towards feminism, and I think that’s the case for a lot of people, so it feels really weird for people to be assuming that it’s more likely to be discomfort with gender identity rather than discomfort with gender roles in society that would draw people to feminism. Also, honestly, I’m not sure that there are enough people who’re uncomfortable with their gender identity in a maybe-not-quite-cis way to account for how many people identify as feminists, just in terms of raw numbers. Though I can definitely see how “my gender doesn’t seem to work the way people expect it to” would lead people to look for alternative ways of seeing gender, which would eventually expose them to feminist theory.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Weird thought for Argenti – if knee boots help with stability because of the added ankle/calf support, would boots that go over the knee maybe help there too? I know that the heeled kind of knee boots might be a bit too sexy/showy for everyday wear, depending on how you usually dress, but there are flat and low heel versions too.

So I was looking for feminist groups on DA and if you search for feminism, the first two that come up are both MRA groups 9_9 I can tell they are bona fide MRAs because one features the fabled two-dot ellipsis in the group description!

Whooooooo wants to see some MRA art?

A gallery with a lot of magenta

This folder is called “fact-based.”

I think my favorite is the one that says “Pregnancy is no excuse for misandry.”

grumpycatisagirl

Whoa, how’d the equal pay for women one get in there?

Dvärghundspossen

@Cassandra: You may be right, I may be wrong. It was just a hypothesis I came up with because so many people in feminism seem to be – not uncomfortable with their assigned gender, but having a feeling that gender isn’t real, that’s not the same thing (although usually combined with) not feeling that girly stuff is for them. But maybe that’s me misinterpreting the situation and once again projecting myself onto others.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Wait, is equal pay misandry now?

SittieKitty

Everything is misandry Cassandra, because everything is run by the feminist conspiracy in association with the Furrinati.

Fade

@kittehserf

Sweet! I might get that quad cane, since it looks like it could fit in my under the seat bag.

grumpycatisagirl

The thing is, the image is PRO-equal pay for women, as far as I can tell. So not misandry.

Not sure how the equal pay one sneaked in there, but the comments on it are all guys going “BUT WOMEN DON’T WORK AS HARD!”, of course.

SittieKitty

Lol, I just read through the description page for one of those MR(f)Arts. They start by saying that women were needed to reproduce and raise kids so that’s why they stayed home, and then went on with this little gem:

2. Did woman really want to be like men

Place yourself in the shoes of a common laborer. What is your day like?

Seriously? Does this guy (I’m assuming) really not know that women went to work too? That labouring was not something that only men did? That the lower class required pretty much everyone in the whole household after the age of 8/9 to work because they got paid so shitty? Right after his admittance that women did all the work at home too, without help of “appliances”.

Interesting sidenote: Since appliances have been invented to “cut work”, time doing housework has actually increased significantly! People (mostly women) now do more unpaid work at home than they did before WWII, mostly to keep up with the idea of a “perfect” home (since there are affordable appliances that should make that so much easier!), and the use of better/more reliable sources of light that show the dirt more. People, in general and particularly in the middle class where the ads are targeted, can now afford to light their houses well, and appliances are supposed to cut time so everyone is expected to have far cleaner houses than ever before.

grumpycatisagirl

And obviously they are making that complaint with the Wi-Fi in the coal mines. 🙂

grumpycatisagirl

The one that goes “if feminists are for equality then why don’t they like men’s rights activists?” has totally stumped my ladybrain. Except it hasn’t, because my ladybrain can recognize terminal stupidity.

And that guy has an entire account created with this formula:

1. Write a sentence

2. Print it in white, magenta, red, and blue letters on black.

Alice Sanguinaria

… do I want to know what this is? Or do I not want to fry my brain tonight?

I tried my hand at making a work of MRA art. I think I’m having trouble with step 1.

(Alice: We are just looking at MRA “art” on DeviantArt.)

Alice Sanguinaria

katz – Ah. Damn it, I just used up my energy on a new blog post, but let me try.

SittieKitty

katz, did you intend that to be a play on the nonsensical nature of MRart and a pun at the same time? Because if so, bravo.

Alice Sanguinaria

My sad attempt on an MRA poster.

I tried. I think I write better than I do images.

Alice, they would have posted that at AVFM in a heartbeat.

Alice Sanguinaria

Good point katz. They’ll probably change the URL though.

kittehserf

Are we doing MRA deviated preverts DeviantArt posters now?

How about this one?

baileyrenee

Oh, poster time?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AdOL1QG.png?1[/IMG]

Hope that worked… btw, can I make my photos only available via links? I don’t need all of imgur seeing my confusing manboobz art.