advocacy of violence antifeminism dawgies domestic violence dozens of upvotes evil women excusing abuse imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA not-quite-plausible deniability oppressed men patriarchy playing the victim reddit

Feminism is like anti-obedience school for dogs, explains Men’s Rights Redditor

Apparently feminism has turned the lovely and obedient ladies of yore into a bunch of wild wolves and dingoes — by preventing men from “putting the foot down” when ladies misbehave. At least that’s what the always awful Men’s Rights Redditor who calls himself Alisdair_ and the 41 terrible people who’ve upvoted his comment so far think:

Alisdair_ 25 points 1 day ago* (41|16)      Naw. Men are the ones with the problem. Men are ruining society. Men need to pick up the slack. Men need to do this. Men need to do that. Nag nag nag nag nag. And you women wonder why we'd rather play video games than work or live with you...  It's like with a dog. If you let the dog do anything it wants to uncontested it will soon try to outright dominate you. Bite, bully and piss on you. People too are like this to an extent, some more than others, and in particular I find that a lot of women are like this or have an inclination to fall into bad habits there as all these bullying and mocking articles exemplify in my humble opinion. In the west it's basically become illegal to put the foot down to this if it's a woman doing it to you. So if you live with a woman you have to put up with it or you'll be in jail soon for some bogus lie told to the police. In contrast a well mannered and trained dog, one subject to consequences for bad behavior, can be an amazing and fulfilling companion. Imagine if you will if there was a feminism for dogs and you basically had to live with wild wolves and dingos. You'd see a dramatic drop in people with dogs.

Thanks to chewinchawingum in the AgainstMensRights subreddit for pointing out this lovely quote. Huh. There’s something that seems oddly familiar about chewinchawingum.

Ally S

Women are not waffles.

Waffles are crispy and delicious.

Women are not water coolers

Water coolers make those cool “blub blub” sounds.

skeptifem

BLUB
BLUB
BLUB

melody

@Ally……I’m sure women well cooked could be crispy….and delicious is only a matter of opinion…..

melody

Oh, random I did a little research into wolves….

Mejas
Mejas

“I don’t think men really want us to act like wolves because that one mean that the alpha male and the alpha female are the only ones who are allowed to breed…..which means no sex for the beta wolves.”

And how is that any different from what’s already happening right now in reality, eh?

“Oh, and actually male alphas have been known to canoodle on the side…..Just an observation.”

So? Male mammals have always had harems…

“but the only thing that makes dogs mean is neglect and abuse. Also in my own experience, discipline is not effective with dogs…rewards work 100% of the time though.”

Again, further proof that women are not dogs. With dogs, you get what you give. With women, much more often than not, a man can give them everything and he still gets nothing.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

In reality, men don’t walk around on fur legs and they’re not particularly furry. In reality, breeding is not restricted to top pairs of the general local society. In reality, alpha males and alpha females don’t exist when applied to humans.

So? Male mammals have always had harems…

So when you wrote “Wolves mate for life”, as if poor, heating humans didn’t, what you really meant was “Wolves mate for life, and then sometimes they have sex with other wolves than thair pairbonded wolf-mate, and sometimes they don’t, and if they do, it doesn’t matter, and if they don’t, it doesn’t matter either”.

… so sort of very much *like* human relationships that, isn’t it?

… Heheheh.

I gave you something here! A response. What are you going to give me in return? I’d like a cup of coffee, please.

gelar
gelar

Weird day when, “you don’t even make a good pet!” is framed as an insult. And Meller’s not even here.

melody

Thanks Fibinachi
I was trying to figure out how to respond to that statement….because when I read that response my reaction was but YOU said they didn’t

baileyrenee
baileyrenee

I was just thinking that. I’m actually pretty okay with not being a dog.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

My favorite part is that they don’t realize how completely batshit “why am I not allowed to train my woman like I’d train a dog?” sounds to everyone outside their little circle of angry weirdos.

Athywren
Athywren

Personally, I only want them to quit playing video games to filter away all the fake geek MRA boys, that’s all.

Pff! You know they’re only doing it to get the attention of geek girls! They’re too pathetic to get any attention out in the real world, so they turn to geek community and dress up like Nightcrawler or Iron Man in the hopes that cheap costumes will make up for their lack of knowledge and personality will save them. Guys? It doesn’t! You’re just making yourselves look foolish!

It’s a little upsetting to me because, aside from the fact that I detest such hatred, I have many great cis and trans* male allies. And I don’t like it when there are radical feminist trans* women who act like they speak for me when they talk about how horrible men are. I hate that shit.

But you know they’re the only *true* feminists, right? So put that kilt down.

Women are not dogs.

Dogs are loyal to the end.

Women are not wolves.

Wolves mate for life.

I was going to point out the fallacies in expecting eternal loyalty and mating for life universally across humans, a highly varied species, but you’ve rebutted yourself… so…

So? Male mammals have always had harems…

Criticise both, or criticise neither. Women are not commodities… maybe if you guys learned that, you’d have more success with them? Granted, this would require self reflection (and we all know how awful that is!) but it is in your power to have better relationships… you just have to stop expecting women to be your playthings.

Dvärghundspossen

I actually think there are parallells to be drawn between dogs and oppressed groups, but not in the way these assholes think.
1. Dogs and human beings overall are pretty much alike in that it’s quite often (not always, but quite often) possible to bully them into submission. The bullied individual may show lots of signs of affection for the bully, as a pure survival strategy (zie may have noticed that zie gets less abuse that way), but also because of something like the Stockholms syndrome (which is, in a sense, a survival strategy too – identifying with the abuser and defending zir may be a way of not going completely crazy from the situation). This goes for dogs and humans both. Obviously human dynamics are more complex, but I think the basics are the same.
2. People who want to bully either dogs or certian groups of human beings use 1 in an argument for bullying (or “dominating” or some other cute euphemism) being completely natural and actually something that the bullied individual deep down enjoys, becuase it’s in canine nature to want a strong leader or it’s in feminine nature to want a strong man that takes charge or… yada yada yada.

titianblue
titianblue

There is also the jaw-dropping assumption of superiority in Alisdair’s comparison. That men know what is right for women and that women do not. that men should be allowed to make women do what they (the men) want and that women should not be allowed to do as they want. So that women who do as they want rather than as the nearest man wants are “feral” and “out of control” rather than having the rigthts that men have to their own autonomy.

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

I’ve ran into some radically anti-kink feminists with a very low opinion of men. And I’m not talking about anti-male bigotry like the “misandry” that MRAs complain about – I’m talking about outright hatred towards men. And then I saw a post linking to an article actually valorizing the hatred of men.

LBT, Ally S:

Okay, so I will confess my nerdy secret — I’m part of the sim fandom on Tumblr. Yes, I play the sims, somewhat religiously. I have a modest simblr with around 2200 followers, and tend to stay only in that little corner of Tumblr, but even I have run into some TERFs on Tumblr, and did they shock the hell out of me. I’d heard of this attitude that trans women are not “real” women, but the stuff they said really made me feel sick and sad.

Howard Bannister

On the question of gender, gender roles, and radical feminism, obviously what feminist hulk has to say is relevant here.

Shadow
Shadow

It was my understanding that radical feminism, as a concept, is about changing society from the roots, as opposed to taking the current system and creating equality for women within it.

And, in case Mejas is too stupid to understand what everyone’s saying, this was your first post:

Women are not wolves.

Wolves mate for life.

and this was your second post,

We often mock MRAs for not being able to be consistent from one post to the next, but at least be intelligent enough to be consistent on the same page 😎

Shadow
Shadow

@Athywren

But, it’s in men’s nature!!! Because we have multiple sperm, and do not get impregnated ourselves, we are hardwired to fuck as many women as we can by 3rd grade evopsych!!!!! Except, we’re also the most loyalest loyals that ever loyaled because 3rd grade evopsych is just there to tell misogynists what they want to hear apparently. 3rd grade evopsych is the most loving God evahh!!!!

cloudiah

I love it when we get an actual, open misogynist here. I want to take Mejas back to my EBIL FEMINAZI lab and study him.

sparky
sparky

Feminist Hulk is very wise.

“With women, more often than not, a man can give them everything and he still gets nothing.”
Yeah, hey, guess what? Giving someone things does not mean that person is now under your power. Love and loyalty (and sex) are not commodities that can be bought. If you are trying to buy them, you are not going to get very far with anybody. And yeah, women are not immune to being jerks. Sometimes they cheat. And sometimes, a person just isn’t that into you. Accept it and move on. These are the dangers of adult relationships. You take a chance on someone, and sometimes they like you back and sometimes they don’t.

But yeah, women aren’t dogs or wolves. Women are human beings. Why is this such a hard concept?

cloudiah

My favorite comment from r/amr:

You heard it here first, folks. Women need to be disciplined like dogs or else they’ll misander all over the carpet.

Dvärghundspossen

Well… my analysis of where radfem transphobia originally comes from is the following: Some people, like myself, don’t have much in the way of a gender identity to start with. As Ozy put it, we’re “cis by default”. We go by cis since we don’t mind being called the pronoun or the name that was assigned to us at birth, and don’t really mind our bodies (well, I don’t completely fit this mold since I feel more at home in a more masculine-looking body than the one I was born with, but I’m still very much cis-by-default when it comes to pronouns and stuff). If you’re like this, I think you’re far more likely to be attracted to feminism than if you completely identify with your assigned gender. If you don’t have much of a gender identity, you’re more prone to feel that gender is something tacked-on, something made-up by society. And when you’ve come that far, you’re probably gonna become a feminist.

So you find lots of people like that in feminism.

Now, I think human beings in general have this tendency: If A says “I have experience X” but B can’t even comprehend what X means, then B will conclude that A is full of crap and is just making shit up, or is completely confused or something. I think this tendency is really widespread – I know I have it, I have to actively fight it and remind myself that people are really different and fortunately we don’t have to understand each other all the time as long as we respect each other. But anyway, lots of people do this.
When cis-by-default feminists do this they end up thinking that everyone who claims to have a gender identity at all is just completely confused. They think there are just bodies with different genitals on them, and then there’s society’s stupid gender roles, and that’s it. There’s no such thing as “gender identity”. So everyone who says zie has a gender identity is confused and brain-washed by a gender-obsessed society, that goes for cis as well as trans people, but trans people tend to be the ones who gets all the crap since their gender identity is more, well, visible, because they have to fight for it, while cis people usually don’t mention it at all. And because there is this common trans narrative about how someone realized she was a woman because she liked pink and cooking or someone realized he was a man because he liked football and disliked cooking, these feminists will also regard trans people as reinforcing gender stereotypes. But I think this feeling that gender identities don’t really exist is at the root of it all.

Seriously, I’ve never engaged in any verbal trans bashing myself, but before I got to know any actual trans people I used to believe myself that there’s no such thing as gender identity, that people just imagine that they are a certain gender, and that trans people reinforce gender stereotypes (because I’d only read the stereotypical trans story as mentioned above). So I can sort of see where they’re coming from, even though bashing others is never excusable.

I think I see this phenomenon a lot in my Swedish feminist group on Facebook, despite the fact that everyone there is explicitly pro trans rights. People still constantly slip into talking about gender as if it’s not real and as if people merely imagine that they have a gender identity (and I and a few others keep calling people out on it).

sparky
sparky

Dvarghundpossen: I find the whole analysis of biological sex and gender identity very fascinating. Maybe part of the confusion is not differentiating between gender identity and the social constructs of gender. I mean, a person can be born with a male body, identify as a woman, and be interested in stereotypically female things like makeup and pink frilly dresses, and also be interested in stereotypically male things like football and power tools. So what I’m trying to say is, biological sex does not determine gender identity, and gender identity does not determine interest/abilities/talents; and that no one should be denied human rights and plain old human decency based on any of the above!

“Now, I think human beings in general have this tendency: If A says ‘I have experience X,’ but B can’t even comprehend what X is, then B will conclude that A is full of crap and just making shit up, or is completely confused or something.” Yes! I sees this too! It seems to me, though, that when confronted with an experience outside of comprehension, a good response would be to shut up and listen to what person A is saying rather than trying to dismiss or shut down person A. This seems to happen a lot with the (nonexistent) discussion of racism in the USA, particularly among white people who think racism doesn’t exist in this country anymore. Like, hey, why don’t we just shut up and listen to what people of color are saying about their experiences with racism before we jump to any conclusions?

But, yeah, I’m fascinated by all this. So intake my own advice now and shut up and listen.

sparky
sparky

“I take,” not “intake.”

Autocorrect strikes again!

sparky
sparky

And it should read, I’ll take my own advice and shut up and listen now.”
Now I really shut up.

kittehserf

Dvarg: “People who want to bully either dogs or certian groups of human beings are pieces of shit” is the short version.

Also the alpha/beta rubbish ignores that a wolf pack is a family. The so-called alphas are the parents. Of course the cubs aren’t going to grow up and mate each other! They leave the family to form their own later.

Though I wouldn’t put it past MRAs to think incest’s fine dandy (Warren Farrell, anyone?)

Alice Sanguinaria

kittehs – Are many MRA ephebophiliacs?

Actually, don’t answer that.

Alice Sanguinaria

Or is it ephebophiles? Hmmm.

kittehserf

I don’t think I need to answer it. They’d prefer that term, they like to pretend they’re not wannabe pederasts.

Argenti Aertheri

I’m not caught up, but women are totally like dogs!

If they hurt you and you go OW, they stop. If you try dancing with them they may dance with you. If they like you and you offer a lap, they may take you up on that offer; also, movie time.

So…women are like well treated poodles? Or dogs can be perfectly decent animals without being punished beyond OW and “really?” (Actually, little dude was far more devoted than I’d want any human to be, but how many dogs will try dancing with you when one wrong move could get them crushed? I had to, it was just too cute)

Ok so maybe only the first one applies…but yeah, most women stop hurting you if you note that it hurts, contra MRM opinion.

Argenti Aertheri

Ephebophiliacs, because if you were going to talk about people with pneumonia you’d say pneumonics and if you’re having a gallery of Ophelias you should call them Opheliacs (I am, very loosely, paraphrasing from Emilie Autumn’s book)

And add everything Dvärghundspossen said about dogs to my points about women not wanting to hurt people and sometimes dancing and being cuddly with people they like.

Gender identity…oh boy…I spent the longest time all “I don’t exist” // “must be assigned gender” cuz trans* people feel strongly that they are not assigned gender (I realize that wording sucks) whereas I’m not particularly more fond of ID’ing as not assigned gender. That one does not have to have strong feelings for either binary gender was a “holy fuck I do exist” moment for me (cuz yeah, I’ve worked power tools in a skirt, am a master at make-up [mm, theatre] and mud and worms and bugs that aren’t spiders and all things slimy or scaled are cool)

Also, women are not axolotls, I am not debating keeping one in a tank in my room.

Keep one keep one keep one! And send lots of pictures because they are awesome looking. <3 amphibians

Argenti Aertheri

Katz — if I had room, and knew where to get one, this would not be a question! My desk is largely a CRT TV, so if I switch to LCD…but then I still need to find one…

Desire is not the problem here 🙂

dustydeste
dustydeste

I think part of the reason there’s so much confusion over gender is that a lot of the people who feel strongly about it fall nearer to the ends of the spectrum, which sort of enforces the idea that it is, in fact, a binary (along with the fact that we’re most of us socialized to view gender as a very differentiated binary)… I think that a lot of the time, people who are just pretty meh about the whole gender identity thing both don’t feel like they have a lot of stake in the matter, and tend not to talk about it a whole lot, which further reinforces this whole idea that you have to be one or the other, and not somewhere in between.

Of course, I could be totally wrong; I haven’t read a whole lot on the subject and I’m just going off my own experiences. I’m somewhat in the middle myself, and would personally like to look a lot more gender-ambiguous than my build actually allows for, but I just stick with ID’ing as my assigned gender because it’s less problematic than trying to do otherwise and I don’t actually feel any discomfort over doing so.

I do have a hard time empathizing with people who have/are/want to transition[ed/ing], because I don’t really feel that kind of strong feelings over my gender, but that doesn’t mean I don’t sympathize and support.

Dvärghundspossen

@Sparky: Nowadays I know a trans man who loves pink and lots of stereotypically female things so yeah, I know these people exist nowadays. But unfortunately, when you hear about trans people in mainstream media and so on it’s usually the stereotypical story (and I also know nowadays that lots of trans people were pushed into that narrative by medical professionals, too).

Regarding gender I don’t even know if I’m that different to people who identify as genderqueers or agenders or whatnot. I just feel that personally, it’s not worth it to identify as trans since, you know, I don’t exactly mind being called “she”. Also, struggling with mental illness already takes up all my, um, struggle energy, so I can’t be bothered with adding a trans struggle on top of it. So I choose to identify as cis. Easier that way, and it doesn’t hurt me. Although when a trans person says to me (as happened some time ago) “when you talk about gender you don’t really sound cis” I don’t go “YES I’M SO TOTALLY CIS”, I’m more like *shrug*.

Ally S

Here’s a terrible post-left anarchist critique of feminism I found a while ago: http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/feral-faun-essays#toc10

Thought I’d share it just because it’s so terrible.

Fatman
Fatman

I am totally glad humans don’t mate for life. I would be profoundly unhappy to be in a relationship with the person I lost my virginity with 20 some odd years down the road.

kittehserf

Alice, love the new kitty gravatar! 🙂

Cis is a term I’ve only known since I started reading Manboobz, so it sounds kind of silly to say I identify as something I’ve known for, what, two years out of fifty. I’m one of the majority who has the fortune (and privilege) to have sense of self and physical body align; like Dvarg, it’s more a *shrug* thing, which, again, I know is a privilege.

Now if I had legs that aligned I’d be really happy …

Marie
Marie

@ally

Women are not waffles.

Waffles are crispy and delicious.

Women are not water coolers

Water coolers make those cool “blub blub” sounds.

May favorite so far 😀

*blub blub*

@mejas

oh shit i cant stop laughing help me. wait dude do you like exist in reality? *snortle* I thought beta males were supposed to be 80% of the population (or was that only puas? I know I heard it somewhere) MORE THAN 20% OF PEOPLE HAVE KIDS.

@mejas

this is OT, but I accidentally read mejas as marie and had a small sad 😛

melody

Most of the wolves in a pack are related to each other. Rarely do siblings or parent/childs mate in wolf packs. A big part of that is that wolves choose to disperse before they are 3 years old (wolves reach maturity around 2 years of age). And if food is plentiful matings beyond the top pair are tolerated (but they do keep their population in check). Wolves are fascinating!
Dogs are fascinating too! Actually, the whole canine world is interesting because their dna is unique. You couldn’t get that much variety out of any other species. It has to do with repeating codes in their dna. Thats how you get totally different body structures in dogs (skull changes, different tails, short legs, ect). You could NEVER change the fundamentals of a bovine the way you can change a dog.

Fade

@Ally

Did you search the tumblr “feminist” tag? If you haven’t already, I recommend keeping it that way. I tried, and half the posts were people being all like “omg women you’re not oppressed”.

Lili Fugit

I have to admit, I let our dog do whatever he wants, and he’s never bitten me or peed on me. Hmm. I wonder if this douche has ever met a dog in person. (I know he’s never met a woman.)

My dog has very little training, but she still only snaps at you if you’re putting her in pain, which only happens if she accidently gets stepped on (which is happening more frequently, because just stepping near her can make her think you’re going to put her in pain because her arthritis is so bad. 🙁 )

Men are not hamsters

Male hamsters kill their babies

Oh, wait, I’m supposed to make men look bad here.

Men are not dogs

They don’t hump your leg

Dang it!

Men are not guinea pigs

They don’t make squeaky adorable noises while licking your hand.

There! I have successfully found a way to denigrate men through comparisons to animals. Men, the ball is in your court. I highly suggest adorable-ifying yourselves if you aren’t already adorable, and consensually licking peoples’ hands, either for salt or to show affection, depending on your mood.

Ally S

@Ally

Nope, I found it somewhere else. I do happen to have a Tumblr account (just made it actually) but I’m not searching for that tag per your suggestion =P

Marie
Marie

@fade

Love your rodent poems XD

Men are not guinea pigs

They do not eat lots of hay

Men are not guinea pigs

They do not eat their own poop

Men are not guinea pigs

They do not try to find new and creative ways to knock their water bottle over and spill it all over the bedding and leave me a big mess to clean up.

Not that I am bitter, or anything.

kittehserf

“It’s reality, Jim, but not as we know it.”

Argenti Aertheri

“Now if I had legs that aligned I’d be really happy …”

I snortled. Mostly cuz I’m debating upgrading to iOS 7 while waiting for my knee to sort itself.

kittehserf

Men are not guinea pigs

They don’t make squeaky adorable noises while licking your hand.

I know one man who’d take that as a challenge. :/

Fade

@Mejas

I really don’t care if some guys aren’t getting sex. You aren’t entitled to sex. Get the fuck over it. Most people got out of the “gimme gimme gimme mine mine mine” stage by time they were six.

*plays the worlds tiniest violin for Mejas that he cannot make women do what he wants them to.

@Fibinachi

Also, the “wolves mate for life” in contrast with “male mammals have always had harems”. It reads like “Why can’t I sleep around and not be devoted with people who don’t sleep with anyone but me and /are/ devoted?”

@Chie Satonaka

Are sims any fun? I keep seeing some games at half price books, but I never get them. They look kind of addicting, though.

Also, can you make disabled sims? Because I feel like I really wouldn’t want to play if you couldn’t…

@Fatman

My parents “mated” (okay, they got married :P) they had a family, had fun, then got stressed. Divorced. Now dad has “mated” a second time (married) and mom is happy being single.

So much less stressful than if you had to stick with your first mate. XD

@Ally

Ah. Ps, can I follow you on tumblr? I like adding manboobzers to my dash.

Fade

@Kittehserf.

Fine. MOST men don’t make squeaky adorable noises and lick your hand. XD

kittehserf

I wish my knee’d sort itself! But I think this is a permanent thing, now. Torn cartilage isn’t worth operating on, it just makes matters worse and makes osteoarthritis even more likely. The compression bandage thingy I’ve got helps, but damn, it needs a suspender belt to stop it falling down!

Ally S

Fade, go ahead! Mine is iaf-thoughts.tumblr.com

kittehserf

Fade – LOL! Most men prolly don’t have regular bouts of Furrinati Weird like my bloke.

“It would be better if they were, though, because nothing makes you happier than sticking our face in a dog’s coat. Especially northern breeds with thick coats. XD”

Oooh yes, or kitties, too! Mads has decided she’s the hairstylist of the house. I love burying my face in her fat cuddly fluffy side, and she’s taken to winding around and almost climbing on my head and trampling my hair while I do it. It actually made my hair look good when she did it yesterday!

… Which freaked out my stepson when Louis and I turned up to the picnic wearing le style Madeleine. We’d messed up each other’s hair in the morning and hadn’t bothered fixing it. “What have you done to your hair, Father?” demands Philippe. “It is the style Madeleine,” says Louis. “You two are HOPELESS,” says Philippe, waving his hands and then hiding his face. “You have your hair done by a CAT when I could do it!” (Louis doesn’t actually get his hair done by Mads, ‘cos of her being here and him in Spirit, but eh, it’s the idea of it.)

The Cardinal had fallen flat laughing by this stage.