a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? douchebaggery entitled babies evil women false accusations harassment homophobia hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed white men playing the victim PUA racism rape rape culture red pill rhymes with roosh sexual assault taking pleasure in women's pain

Racist pickup guru Roosh Valizadeh announces plan to “destroy” Pax Dickinson critic with charges of racism

No, I think Roosh V has you beat in that category.
No, I think Roosh V has you beat in that category.

The Pax Dickinson Crisis seems to have abated somewhat, with postings on the #standwithpax hashtag on Twitter slowing to a trickle and the production of manosphere rants on the subject more or less grinding to a halt, at least for the moment.

But there is one manosphere ideologue who hasn’t given up the fight for injustice, and that’s the despicable “game” guru Roosh Valizadeh, who seems to have embarked on a crusade to ruin the life and career of the Valleywag/Gawker writer who first brought Dickinson’s terrible tweets to the attention of the wider world.

Yesterday, Roosh slammed out a viciously racist, misogynist, homophobic and even transphobic rant attempting to smear the writer, Nitasha Tiku, as … wait for it … a racist.

Today, he announced his plans to try to “destroy” her reputation on Google by permanently linking her to that (false) charge.

He explained his strategy, which he suggests will work on all liberal writers who might criticize men for racism or misogyny:

Unless she’s applying for a position at Jezebel, no respectable company will touch a toxic individual who has been linked to racism. They don’t want anyone who may cause controversy for them, and behind rape, nothing says controversy like race. …

It’s a slow-burn attack that will effectively punish these writers and scare their co-workers , whose income is low enough that they need to depend on corporate employment indefinitely, unless one day they get an original thought and can stay away from their iPhone long enough to write a book. It won’t work on the big liberal writers like Jessica Valenti or Naomi Wolf, since any attention they get just helps them sell more books, but it does work on the young girl out of college trying to win feminist brownie points by denouncing a man for being “creepy” based on a bad joke.

And then he compared it with something he seems to have a certain amount of experience with:

Having your name destroyed on Google is the internet version of getting raped.

Lovely.

There are more than a few practical problems with Roosh’s little plan, the most notable being that if some hypothetical hiring manager comes across Roosh’s attack on Tiku — or on any writer he’s tried to tar — all this manager will have to do is spend a minute skimming Roosh’s post to see that the charge is bullshit and that Roosh is himself a raving bigot.

And Roosh, if you’re trying to smear someone, it’s generally not good form to announce this plan publicly in a post that at times reads like the monologue of some cartoon supervillain.

In his piece, Roosh notes that “[n]ot long ago, Buzzfeed insinuated I was a rapist.” Well, it did more than that: It quoted Roosh admitting quite frankly that he’d had sex with a woman who was too intoxicated to consent.

I thought, in the interests of openness, it would be worth quoting that passage from Roosh — it’s in his e-book Bang Iceland — once again. Heck, I’ll even give the bit Buzzfeed quoted a little more context. I’ll let you decide if Roosh is a rapist or not.

I hooked her arm and off we went. The best thing that possibly could have happened was a “failed” afterparty. There had to be a moment when she realized that all her friends are gone and the only reasonable option left was to go home with a strange man she had just met.

While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was. In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she couldn’t legally give her consent. It didn’t help matters that I was relatively sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated.

I won’t rationalize my actions, but having sex is what I do. If a girl is willing to walk home with me, she’s going to get the dick no matter how much she has drunk. I’ll protect myself by using a condom (most of the time), but I know that when it comes to sex, one ounce of hesitation or a feeling of morality will get me nothing.

Emphasis mine.

At this point even Pax Dickinson may want to distance himself from this creep.

grumpycatisagirl

And he writes in his new post:
“I have been successfully destroyed on Google. My name is linked to all sorts of negative material that ensures I will never get a corporate job again in my life.”

The negative material is stuff that he himself put there. What a sheer dumbass.

La Strega

@hellkell.

I’ll admit I was rather obsessed with Roosh for several months. I found his writing fascinating (in a horrific way) because he reveals so much about himself. His narcissism blinds him to others’ points of view; he is utterly without empathy or the capacity for love. Very few personalities of that type disclose so much — they usually learn to “hide” the parts of their characters that others will find disturbing. He just lets it flow…

I’ll admit I find him fun to hate.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Jesus on a pogo stick, that guy is disgusting.

kittehserf

I’m with freemage: I wouldn’t give two fucks if Roosh were debilitated. “Unable to rape or otherwise harm anyone ever again” is what I would like to see. I wouldn’t mind seeing him end up in prison – and it’d be permanent if I were sentencing him.

It’d be a toss-up which would be worst: sex with Roosh, or Roissy, or Elam, or JohntheOtter, or any of the MRA/PUA losers. They all hate women, and that pretty well guarantees it would be foul.

The average Stoic Sophist of today
The average Stoic Sophist of today

I haven’t really been following this closely, so I have a question: is the claim of racism based on anything other than the fact that Pax is white and the person who criticized him isn’t?

oserchenma
oserchenma

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

That “having sex is what I do” part is sad

I was thinking that in yesterday’s thread when he said something like, “In my line of work (teaching men how to fuck)” Seriously, dude. You are not a sex therapist. That is not your line of work. You are a con man and a parasite.

La Strega

The racism angle emerged because Roosh has an insane obsession with Indians. He routinely bans or harasses anybody who ventures onto his blog whom he suspects of being South Asian. He puts them at the bottom of his “racial totem pole of attractiveness.” Not sure what the roots of antipathy are, but they are deep and longstanding (he has even complained about how Indian students cheated in his college classes). He often characterizes Indians as “non-white” in contrast to his own “whiteness.” He constantly has to distance himself from them in an effort to prove his own “white male” status. It’s very weird to me.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Dude, you JUST ADMITTED you made it so she had to go with you, willing or not.

This guy is such a fucking creep, I can’t even.

@John-H, really good point. The way he gleefully compares it to rape, combined with the fact that he’s admitted to rape at least twice…and people have the nerve to say women shouldn’t be frightened by online rape threats!

La Strega

The “us” (white men) against them (South Asians) is a reflection of Roosh’s own insecurity and self-loathing.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

He can no longer get visas for Estonia or Iceland because of violations.

I’m sure the laws he violated were more signs of liberal Marxist moral decay, or something. Anything to avoid admitting he may have done something wrong.

La Strega

A lot of Iranians I met while living in Iran, because of their own ideas of racial purity (Iran = Aryan), are anxious not to be lumped in with Arabs or Asians. I suspect this is part of Roosh’s hang up about race, and the reason he has explained he cannot be sexually aroused by non-white women.

La Strega

@oserchenma

“I already knew about 5 or 6 other crimes and civil offenses Daryush had committed against this journalist, starting with libel and moving on to cyberstalking and so on, but this, for lawyers, is like finding a fabulous fish – the hardest tort to prove, maybe, is the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress, because the requirement to prove malicious intent is so hard to get past. He has just done it to himself and it has been documented here. If I were that journalist I’d pick up a default judgment in the US and wait for him to enter a country with the right reciprocity, then take whatever he’s got.”

YES. I would LOVE to see her do this… and win.

Argenti Aertheri

I’m going to choose to read that as an excellent new pet fish, because my puff is a fabulous fish.

But yes, he’s set himself up perfectly.

La Strega — maybe not on the “insane”? Cuz hi, nuts! *waves* Not racist. Unhealthy obsession, sure, but insane lumps those of us of the less than sane variety in with this douche and eww, I don’t wanna be lumped with him!

La Strega

Re/ use of “insane.” You are right. My bad! I need to find a word that more accurately describes what I mean… maybe “inexplicable, implacable?”

Argenti Aertheri

Hmm, I like inexplicable, but pecunium’s the walking dictionary, not me. And thanks 🙂

Alice
Alice

@La Strega,

I too have had a mini obsession with Roosh over the years (glad I’m not the only one to admit it) and I agree with you 100% that he is going to meet a bad end. I don’t see him enjoying old age. I would not be surprised if he was murdered. But no one can get through to the guy that what he is doing might be dangerous. He calls it unnecessary “fear mongering.” The guy truly thinks he is invincible.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Also, when most people say they’re teaching someone how to fuck they mean teaching them how to fuck well, not how to use sex with questionably willing partners as a band-aid in an attempt to stop up their gaping emotional wounds.

La Strega

Well, as me old ma used to reassure me, “Time wounds all heels.”

La Strega

Roosh no longer uses the words “fuck” or “bang.” He now prefers “fornicate,” which somehow sounds infinitely dirtier.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually I’d say it sounds boring and vaguely medical (and therefore unpleasant), kind of like “pap smear”, which is probably a good approximation of what sex with Roosh would be like even in the unlikely scenario that someone was completely willing.

cloudiah

Looks like Dan Cardamon is on tumblr: http://trailblazermra.tumblr.com/

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Fornicate sounds biblical to me. I wonder if he’s heading toward turning into a Fundamentalist as he ages. Wouldn’t be anything new (but it would be very unpleasant to his inevitable* wife and daughters).

*Cuz these guys ALWAYS seem to end up having meek, abused wives and daughters whose virginity they’re obsessed with.

sarahlizhousespouse

I really think it’s more likely he’ll be imprisoned or deported for committing a crime.

As for the narcissism part… that’s part and parcel of narcissism. They can talk about themselves for hours. They hate and love themselves.

sarahlizhousespouse

Sorry… as for the openly narcissistic sharing. I’m not thinking clearly.
That’s it. Tea break.

Ashley

Roosh, why u try so hard?

kelly
kelly

I used to live in China. I walked around one day and I counted 24 children. Out of the 24 kids, only three were girls! That is a sex ratio of 8 boys to 1 girl! I once taught a class of 33 students where only 3 were girls! Now I know the official rate is 5 boys to 4 girls, but this is ridiculous. Who are these beloved sons going to marry in 20 years?

I am aware that China has a one child policy, has a preference for sons as a replacement for a lack of a social security plan, and is backwards and undeveloped, but aborting females for males is beyond cruel. Estimates say that there will be a surplus of 60 million males in ten years.

Chinese parents can have another child if they have a girl, but not if they have a boy. Chinese, however, often ignore the law, abort the girl, and have two sons. I am also told that China will import women from Russia, Thailand, Japan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and the Philippines to make up for the lack of wives in China. However, these countries do not have an extra 60 million women and India, Pakistan, Nepal, Vietnam, South Korea, and Taiwan also have a severe shortage of women. An imbalanced sex ratio is a serious problem and could lead to social instability and even war.

If you ever go to China, count the first 20 kids you see yourself. I bet you won’t find the sex ratio is better than two boys to one girl. If you are concerned about this problem, try to raise awareness by discussing this issue with others and ask them if they want to live in a world where everyone has an unmarried son.

kittehserf

kelly – what has China’s one-child policy to do with anything? Would you mind not spamming threads?

Re: fornication – remember, the Southern Baptists forbid fornication ‘cos it might lead to dancing.

They’re right, too. The thought of seeing Roosh dancing is too horrible.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Kittehs

Falconer

They’re right, too. The thought of seeing Roosh dancing is too horrible.

I just went through this sequence. (Sorry about Robin addressing Leslie as “Lesbian!” It was intentionally a bit grating and she’s gotten better since 2007.)

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Kelly, try to raise awareness by discussing this issue with others and ask them if they want to live in a world where everyone has an unmarried son talks about women, views women, and even considers going to war over women as though they were another natural resource to be fought over and not, you know, people.

Fixed that for you.

And I love how the thrust of your spiel is “poor unmarried men” as opposed to, idk, “poor millions of children murdered (after birth) because they turned out to be girls” or “poor women in those countries where they are viewed as mere resources and pressured to murder their children”.

Falconer

Looks like Dan Cardamon is on tumblr: http://trailblazermra.tumblr.com/

All hail the hypno-choad

All hail

Also someone actually did a Tropes vs Men video! It is funny.

kittehserf

Cassandra – that zombie’s way less creepy and a much better dancer than I bet Roosh could ever be.

Like the way the blood just … vanishes … at the end of the clip. Continuity, what’s that? 😀

Kelly still hasn’t bothered replying about her irrelevant wall-of-text comment, I see.

cloudiah

Loooooooove that “China is backwards” message, just looooooooooove it. No wait, I don’t love it at all.

Anonymous Contributor
Anonymous Contributor

“Unless she’s applying for a position at Jezebel, no respectable company will touch a toxic individual who has been linked to racism. They don’t want anyone who may cause controversy for them, and behind rape, nothing says controversy like race.”

So what Roosh is saying is that he has absolutely no chance of ever being gainfully employed in any way?

saintnick86

@Katz: That was awesome! It’s certainly how I view YouTube talking heads and their sycophants when they obsess over Anita Sarkeesian. Totally sharing this elsewhere…

BTW, there’s something I’ve noticed about some of those “critics”: they don’t play videogames at all. Two people I know over facebook have outright admitted they don’t play games yet, for whatever dumb reason, still see reason to take offense. Isn’t that like going to a stage production, proclaiming it’s the worst piece of shit ever made into a play, and then saying “oh – I don’t see plays very often.”

It annoys me as someone who actually plays games and enjoy hearing Sarkeesian’s observations on fictional tropes. Not having a conniption fit over every imagined slight that must be geared at them and not at a work of a fucking fiction.

Sorry: those people just get on my nerves…

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well, looking for videos of zombies dancing did lead me to this, so I guess I can thank kelly “China is evil! Evil, I tell you!” for that.

sarahlizhousespouse

@CassandraSays

The guy who laughs at 0:35! Greatest laugh ever! 😀

Argenti Aertheri

Worst part of that wall of text? Could’ve had an actual tie-in since India is barely better and has made international news lately for its handling of rape cases. Noting that Indian men are marrying non-Indian women because India has a shortage of women would make sense and be on topic. But yeah, what emilygoddess said, word it in terms of smothered newborns, not unmarried adult men — do you want to live in a world where “it’s a girl” is met with “it was ‘stillborn'” instead of joy? (Or other response that’d be given to a male child, I get that not every newborn is met with joy, but it should be the same response regardless of gender)

/semi-relevant discussion of feticide

Bee
Bee

That Dan Cardamon/trailblazermra Tumblr is a joke, tho, right?

cloudiah

Hi, Bee!!! Yes, it’s more funny mockery.

kittehserf

Bee – yeah, it is. Dan Cardamon does the Some Grey Bloke stuff.

Bee
Bee

Phew! OK. I mean, ALL these guys sound like they’re making fun of themselves. It’s hard to know.

Hi, cloudiah!

kittehserf

Speaking of satire, I was chatting the other day to a political satirist here (won’t drop his name, we say hello on the train sometimes). I asked how it’s going to be possible for him andhis comedy partner to satirise the Suppository of Wisdom who’s now PM. He said he thinks they should take the government to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for unfair competition. “And we’d win!!” 😀

Shaenon

What slander is this? Roosh isn’t unemployed because he’s unemployable. He’s unemployed because he’s better than those losers “whose income is low enough that they need to depend on corporate employment indefinitely” instead of taking the manly route of moving to an impoverished country where they can survive off self-published ebooks and pity. SO ALPHA.

It’s always sour grapes with this one, isn’t it? Women aren’t rejecting him; he was just about to reject them first. He’s not jealous of guys with girlfriends; he could totally get a hotter chick if he wanted. And he doesn’t even want a job, okay? Jobs are for betas.

dustydeste
dustydeste

I’m just disappointed The Great Doosh hasn’t kept his promise of crying literal rivers or whatever. I wanted to make like these butterflies.

… not that Roosh is anywhere as cute as a turtle. But that’s a given, him being a creepy deadeyed rapist.

Sarah
Sarah

If I were her I’d screencap that post. And then hire a lawyer. And then get ready to file suit each time somebody turned me down for employment based on his rantings. Separate, individual suits for each time that happened.

lionicle

Content idea: (trigger warning: rape)

fschmidt debated the finer points of what constitutes RAPE rape, and what is, I don’t know, fake rape, and what the punishment for both should be.

.com/2013/08/25/discussion-with-cracked-tac-members

Comentator hatecaptchas discussed her traumatic stories of rape and brought up a post he linked to by someone named Devlin. Fschmidt said in response,

Regarding rape, I have zero sympathy for women who dress provocatively or lead men on and are then raped. I do consider the rape of a conservative woman to be a serious crime.

It’s been a while since I read the Devlin article, but I think the point is that women often say “no” and don’t really mean it. If you deny this, then you are just denying reality. A woman who is half naked in bed with a man and murmurs “no” and doesn’t resist sex simply is not being raped.

She pointed out a quote from the Devlin article that was really problematic:

The date rape issue can be solved overnight by restoring shotgun
marriage—but with the shotgun at the woman’s back. The “victim” should be told to get into the kitchen and fix supper for her new lord and master. Not exactly a match made in heaven, but at least the baby will have both a father and a mother. Furthermore, after the birth of her child, the woman will have more important things to worry about than whether the act by which she conceived it accorded with some women’s studies professor’s newfangled notion of “true consent.” Motherhood has always been the best remedy for female narcissism.

He of course replies that he doesn’t mean her rape, but that other less rapey rapes should result in forced marriage:

hatecaptchas, I don’t think your rape at 19 is what Devlin meant by date rape. I think Devlin meant more what I described, and what you experienced was just straight rape. So instead of shotgun wedding, in your case the guy should just have gone to jail. But for date rape of the kind I described, a shotgun wedding is entirely appropriate.

He also contradicted himself more than once, opposing a promiscuous society… well, except for men with prostitutes:

The kind of society that I want should prevent experiences like yours. I want legal prostitution to provide a sexual outlet for men. I want harsh punishment for serious crimes like real rape. And I want to eliminate promiscuous culture where dating is for sex instead of a prelude to marriage.

I suppose real rape will have to be brought to the court of fschmidt for the final say in whether or not the rapist should go to jail or the two people will be forced into marriage. Sounds like a just society!

Later, when they were discussing monogamy and polygamy, he made a ridiculous case for women not being able to vote.

I am not going to argue about polygamy because the value of monogamy is so obvious to anyone who really thinks about it. I will say this, that women have a hard time understanding the value of monogamy is a strong argument that they shouldn’t be given the vote.