antifeminism fidelbogen grandiosity gross incompetence hypocrisy imaginary oppression mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny slacktivism straw feminists taking pleasure in women's pain the sound of his own voice twitter

@Fidelbogen sez: “We needn’t treat feminists fairly or ethically. Underhanded tricks r the order of the day.”

Silly Fidelbogen! Tricks are for kids!
Silly Fidelbogen! Tricks are for kids!

It’s labor day here in the US of A, a day for picnics, parades honoring our nation’s workers, and going through Fidelbogen’s timeline on Twitter looking for especially obtuse tweets from the always obtuse Men’s Renaissance Agitator and would-be philosopher-king of the Men’s Rights movement.

Yes, I know we just did Fidelbogen the other day, but we’re doing him again.

Because it’s my blog, that’s why!

And it’s worth it. Because Fidelbogen, who apparently fancies himself some sort of evil rhetorical genius taking down feminism with he power of his mighty words, has a knack for saying out loud what a lot of Men’s Rightsers think.  As I pointed out the other day, he’s admitted straight up that he’s far more interested in attacking feminists than in actually helping men. Which is clearly the case with most MRAs, as evidenced by their complete and utter lack of accomplishment in the whole “actually helping men” arena.

In his tweets, he often goes further, exposing the dishonest nature of these attacks on feminism. Indeed, a good portion of his tweets are basically him twirling his moustache as he explains the devious trickery he’ll be using to take the evil feminists down.

Here he is in full supervillain mode:

One of Fidey’s favorite themes is that he and his MRA buddies can define feminism, so suck on that, femmies!

Indeed, he won’t shut up about it:

Yeah, dude. Trust us — we know.

And here he suggests he’s far more interested in pulling women down than in raising men up:

What’s this? Straight up misogyny?

Oh, sorry, misogyny doesn’t exist.

Or … does it?

Do try to keep your story straight, dude!

Fidey is the master of baffling metaphor:

Ok, that didn’t make sense. Let’s try this one:

Huh. Pisspots, however unsavory, do at least serve a useful function. Is Men’s Rights Activism thus the equivalant of peeing on the floor?

Too complicated. Fidey tries a simpler metaphor:

And then marches off into the land of incoherence once again.

And then accidentally stumbles upon a truth:

Read that one over again, Fidey, and take a good hard look at yourself.

markb
markb

There are a lot of problems with the song “Blurred Lines”, but the title itself doesn’t refer to anything “rapey”, if I interpret it correctly. The lyric is “I hate blurred lines”, meaning he wants a clear answer from the woman he is trying to seduce as to whether she wants him or not.

Dvärghundspossen

I love how Fidelbogen says a) misogyny doesn’t exist, and b) feminism creates more misogyny than anything else.
Zero isn’t more than zero, so even if feminism was the only creator of misogyny in the world, it couldn’t create more misogyny than anything else unless it created some misogyny, in which case misogyny would exist.

LOGIC FAIL.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Feminism is what WE say it is. And if this doesn’t match you, then you are NOT A FEMINIST. Best not call yourself one

This is a great example of using male privilege to shut up women. He is the man, and he will define feminism for you using his manly logic. He is really saying “Shut up, bitches, because I call the shots around here!”

Feminism drove women 50 miles out into the country and left them there. That’s what you get for taking rides from strangers.

Yeah, but then feminism drove 50 miles out to the country to rescue a person that was stranded there by a MRA. And then feminism saw a lost puppy on the way back into town so feminism saved her. That’s what really happened.

Argenti Aertheri

And then feminism gave a lift to some folks trying to rescue kittens off the subway.

titianblue
titianblue

And in the country, feminism saw an apple tree. And in the tree there was a panther.

Viscaria
Viscaria

titianblue, that panther is super going to eat me O_O. I hope whoever took that picture knew what they were doing.

Howard Bannister

The best Blurred Lines vid is the Mod Carousel one–you can see it here. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/24/why-the-mod-carousel-parody-of-blurred-lines-works-so-well/

Mongoose
Mongoose

@markb, thanks for clearing that up. I might be able to sit through the song with that in mind 🙂

titianblue
titianblue

@Viscaria The panther rather spoilt the effect by mewing pathetically to be helped down from the tree.

freemage
freemage

L’Âne d’Eau: Someone should be by shortly with your welcome package, then. Good to have you aboard, and yeah, your experience is pretty typical for the MRM blogosphere–hurting more men than they help is fairly common, sadly.

markb
markb

Mongoose: don’t bother. Apparently, he stole the tune from Marvin Gaye. And since he stole his look from George Michael, you can just watch a “Wham!” video with the sound turned off and Marvin Gaye playing in the background for the same effect.

cloudiah

I can’t believe I actually said “welcome” to L’Âne d’Eau, and then forgot to hand over the complimentary welcome package! Here it is, a little late.

emilygoddess

Has he ever bothered to define feminism, or would that hinder his ability to levy the charge at whoever he likes?

emilygoddess

OT/brain bleach: the Shiba Inu puppy cam is back!

dlouwe
dlouwe

I imagine Fidelbogen is what you’d get if you gave Dick Dastardly a computer (I think chances are high he already calls his computer The Mean Machine) and turned his ambition completely superficial.

Manboobz is Muttley, for obvious reasons.

Viscaria
Viscaria

D’aww, poor giant kitten.

Bunny Ninjin (@bunny_ninjin)

You know, I used to read this blog pretty obsessively every day. Through the MRwhoshallnotbenamedALs, the whore penguins, the hard chairs, and Mr. MilkSlave.

In the last couple of months I find myself going so long between reads that the web address doesn’t pop up if I type “M,” and I finally sat down to ponder why …

“We hate women, and therefore misogyny doesn’t exist.” If someone is willing to participate in such twisty, bendy mental gymnastics that they hold this kind of belief, there’s no chance they’ll ever come around–that’s one thing. Mocking is fun, but these guys are never going to tone it down to even “socially acceptable” levels of “bitchez ain’t shit.”

And I’m encountering this kind of thinking everywhere I go on the internets. Used to be I just saw this kind of hatred printed here and it was a fun novelty. Now I find people–often the same folks profiled here–branching outside their home base on Reddit and plopping turds into semi-to-mostly respectable websites.

I don’t read this site most days and yet there it all is … right there. Hypergamy, sluts, child support, argledybargle. It’s just … so … depressing. 🙁

(Oh yeah, and my WordPress account seems to have been blocked or something. Ha ha … I probably post less than once a month, so WTF.)

HM
HM

He seems to define feminism, when actually bothering to discuss feminism as anything more than a virus overtaking the world, as essentially the contents of the Redstockings Manifesto. Not that he’s an honest thinker whose definitions and interpretations matter. He’s all pretense.

Ally S

Bunny Ninjin, I’ve noticed the same thing. Even among some people I used to be close to. It’s upsetting for sure. =[

Also, welcome! :> I love your nym for some reason

HM
HM

Bunny, I believe reading somewhere that there’s a guy on AVFM who offers monetary incentives for going into comments sections and flooding them with MRAthink. Plus their entire “movement” is about grousing online. So it seems more widespread than it is.

HM
HM

erm I believe I read somewhere

Bagelsan

I thought I was a feminist, but it turns out that feminism is secretly a cabal of evil green baby-eating man-hatin’ alien monsters from Venus who perform witchcraft to seduce men with their feminine wiles! And I’m not actually green. I WAS SO WRONG!

baileyrenee

Bunny, I’ve only delurked for maybe a month or two, and I already had to take a bit of a break from here. I feel exactly the same way you do; this used to all be a joke, but it’s getting harder and harder to find a place where you can talk women’s issues or about gender issues in general without some degree or feminist bashing. I like seeing discussion about feminism and any problems there are to be fixed when it comes from other feminists or feminist supporters because then we can actually get somewhere, but the amount of blatant, uneducated anti-feminism you see online is ri-fucking-diculous. It isn’t funny anymore, it’s sad.

kittehserf

Bunny Ninjin – hi!

I stopped reading sites like HuffPo, partly because it should be called FluffPo but mostly because of the virulent misogyny in the comments in the women’s section. That was before I’d come across ManBoobz. I didn’t know the terms MRA etc, or NiceGuyTM, but if I had, I’d have thrown them at quite a few dirtbags there.

Hugs if you’d like them, I sympathise with the burn-out.

PANTHER! squeeee!

*ahem*

titianblue
titianblue

Panther’s brother, playing it cool 🙂

I stopped reading sites like HuffPo, partly because it should be called FluffPo

But The Fluffington Post was already taken.

kittehserf

And a much better publication that is!

I love their little New Yorker bunny logo. 😀

90% of the material on the Huffington Post is perfectly good reporting. And then the other 10% seems to have been reprinted from teenagers’ blogs. It’s baffling.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Their health reporting is…odd.

Cynickal
Cynickal

Twitter should have a breathalyzer before posting.
#gohometwitteryouredrunk

Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson

Hi, Bunny Ninjim. The same thing depresses me. Every youtube video where a woman says she is a feminist, every online article about feminism, the comment section is full of uninformed rants on the level of “feminism is a communist plot”. I figured this was an MRA tactic, filling up comment sections with their world view, and it doesn’t really represent how the majority of people feel, but I’m afraid it might influence some people to think it IS the majority opinion.

And it’s downright unpleasant to encounter so frequently.

cloudiah

Never read YouTube comments. It could be the most adorable kitten video ever, but somewhere in there you’ll find “Obama is a MOOOOSLIN” and “women are c*nts” somewhere. It’s all bored teenagers trolling, most likely, but it is galling. Which is why my rule is very firm: Never read YouTube comments.

cloudiah

Instead just look at titianblue’s panthers cats.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I wish I could follow that rule. Instead curiosity will get the better of me, I’ll read them, and then be disgusted.

And I agree it can be very frustrating to see so much antifeminist, MRA crap online. It really is everywhere. But like others said, it seems bigger than it is because the extremist MRA’s are just very loud.

Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson

But it’s not just youtube videos. I recall Paul Elam going testerical over 52 downvotes at Reddit on the obit of a woman who worked for shelters for men. It could only be the work of evil feminists, not men who downvote anything that praises a woman.

But when there was an obit in Huffington Post for a feminist who had (as it happens) been an editor for Ms. the one person who wrote along the lines of “feminism was needed then”, got told that she was probably a lonely woman in her 50’s who wondered all her life why men didn’t like her. (This is just one example that irked me.)

(Is saying “testerical” okay, as a joke, do you think?)

Gemini Gemma

I thought philosophers should at least know how to actually write, read and get his or her thoughts across without sounding like a toddler. Oh….never mind we are talking about MRA ‘philosophers’.

markb
markb

“Yeah, I’m sure it’s the activism most MRAs indulge in most frequently, plastering the online landscape with anti-feminist screeds.”

What else are you going to do when you can’t get a date?

Argenti Aertheri

Play video games? Tend to 120~ gallons of aquariums and a dozen plants including some sorta demanding ones? Read? Perfect a strong but sweet coffee? Maybe engage in some artistic endeavors? Watch reruns? Make a habit of horror movies? (Horrors of War was terrible, almost bad enough to cycle back into so bad it’s funny [The Tunnel was just plain pointless, there wasn’t even enough to hope it got better, but I was elbow deep in potting soil so I left it on])

2-D Man
2-D Man

Fidobogen’s brain is so well shielded it could probably block a small nuclear strike.

Fidelbogen’s brain is so well shielded, Vault-Tec took notes.

kittehserf

LOL!

lightcastle
lightcastle

@kittehserf – Peau d’Âne is the tale you’re thinking of. (With the dresses the colour of the sky, the moon, and the sun. Or, in one version, The Sun, The Moon, and Time, which is way cooler, imho.)

emilygoddess

(Is saying “testerical” okay, as a joke, do you think?)

God, I hope so!

kittehserf

That’s the one! I haven’t read it, I just know the name ‘cos it was Stepson the Elder’s favourite tale when he was a little kid. 🙂

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

One of the things that MRAs have claimed for years is that feminists don’t actually do anything except complain about the patriarchy on the interwebs. It’s kinda like street harassment. If you don’t see it you have no idea it is happening. So having decided that the sum total of activism is pissing and moaning on the interwebs Fiddly felt up to the challenge and an activist, by his definition, was born.

cloudiah

I clicked over on AVfM to read the doxxing, but couldn’t get past the picture. They must pay for a license from Offensive & Triggering Photos of Brutalized Women.com.

Hembling and the rest of them are such hypocrites.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“Milldewed Masculinism” would be a great book title.

As long as you have plenty of brain bleach at the ready.

lightcastle
lightcastle

@kittehserf, If you ever have the chance to see the film from the 70s, you should just for the way they do the dresses.

markb
markb

“Testerical” is awesome!

freemage
freemage

I admit–I’m generally pretty okay with doxxing, for certain activities–and one of them IS trolling, so no, I don’t think FemiTheist Divine gets a pass on that account. I do think there’s something of a ‘statute of limitations’, though, and her really offensive stuff is well over a year old and much of it’s apparently been redacted–which IS something that should be factored into the decision to dox. OTOH, for anyone remotely connected to the MRM to whine about doxxing is hypocrisy of the highest order; outside of the ‘big names’ who make a tidy sum selling books to suckers, the rest of them squeal like vampire centipedes when you flip over the rocks they hide under and expose them to sunlight.