block that metaphor crackpottery disgusting women evil women female beep boop gross incompetence hate homophobia hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed white men playing the victim racism

Men’s Rights Activist adds racism to the mix: “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other”

Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.
Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.

Christian J., the blogger behind What Men Are Saying About Women and the inventor of the infamous MRA two-dot ellipsis, has always been an open racist as well as a misogynist, letting drop horrific comments from time to time on why he thinks black women are the worst kind of women in the world.

But today he’s sort of outdone himself with a post titled Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..

Christian lays out his thesis statement in his first sentence:

I have made no effort to hide my disgust about black females as they do really deserve every criticism they get.

What follows is a largely incoherent stream-of consciousness rant unencumbered by logic or the correct use of language.

Christian starts off by attacking “black “Lesbian” females” and  “Oprah “Find the Victim” Winfrey,” whom he describes as a

selfish, self-serving, anti-male bigot and organiser of female only schools in Africa. A true racist bigot in every sense of the word.

Yes, the author of  “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..” did just call Oprah a racist bigot.

Apparently immune to irony, Christian J continues:

The facts about black women is even more horrendous than one could even assume. They developed themselves as being so arrogant and self-serving, that even black men avoid them like the plague. …

The fact that they have constantly hit out against black men as being either gays or hoods or in jail, leaving them pregnant (that’s a favourite with women, always blame someone else for one’s own stupidity) and refusing to man up when required. They vilified black men at every opportunity. …

The black man’s response was huge. They enjoyed handing their oversized asses back to them in popular songs like rap and other genres.

You will no doubt have noticed by now that Christian J. does not seem to understand what words mean or how language works, exactly.

They reduced the black female down to the levels they could understand and they also stated in no uncertain terms, what black females could do with themselves while they went off and picked females from other races to replace those high and mighty, self-elevated edifices and phoenixes.

Edifices? Phoenixes? Is he just pulling random words out of the dictionary now?

Poetic justice and it was the appropriate feedback they required to put them back in the box where they originally came from and hopefully teach them some level of humility.

The … box … they came from? What the fuck is he even talking about here?

That did not work of course as their ego now had grown even bigger that they themselves could no longer control. …

So what is the problem with these black females ?

They’re surrounded by assholes like you?

titianblue
titianblue

I now have this vision of a clear river washing over a bed of shining, many-coloured eyes.

Neurite
Neurite

Anathema, Dvärghundspossen – on the subject of kick-ass black lesbians in movies:

First off, heaven knows we’re not exactly experiencing a glut of those. Heck, I can’t even think of a single Hollywood movie featuring a black lesbian except Whoopie Goldberg in Boys On The Side, and that was in 1995.

But I’m going to take this as an opportunity to plug the 2011 movie “Pariah”. Far from a Big Hollywood production, and indeed criminally ignored by most awards committees. But really a great movie, and I hope more people get to watch it.

It was really poignant watching it with my sweetie. As we were watching it, she started quietly making comments along the lines of “yup, hate it when that happens” and “ugh, I know how that feels”, and it struck me that this was one of the very few movies in which she really saw a lot of her own experience reflected. So many gay & lesbian movies still focus on middle-to-upper-class white characters and their concerns, which are just kinda far from the world and the worries she grew up with. And the vast majority still feature femmy lesbians only, or at least a Hollywood notion of a “butch” lesbian (who tends to still wear more makeup than even I do) – unless, of course, they feature a caricature of a butch lesbian as a target of ridicule. To have a movie featuring a realistic young black butch struggling, among other things, with her gender identity and presentation… it was clearly a huge deal for her.

There has been a Tumblr text post going around drawing a lovely poetic parallel between how vampires cannot see themselves in mirrors, and how not being able to see yourself reflected in the culture and its media, how to be ignored and made invisible and made to feel like your experience isn’t real or valid, will eventually make you feel like an outcast or a monster. Watching Pariah, it finally hit home to me how many movies I have that reflect my background and experience (white, affluent upper-middle-class, traditional on-campus college education, cis and presenting mostly conforming to gender norms, bi but usually read as straight), and how incredibly few she has (black, working-class, military career, gender-queer-ish butch dyke).

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’ll be like when people throw coins in a fountain and make a wish, except it’s eyeballs and what everyone is wishing is that the verbal wanking would stop.

hellkell

Is Saintnick wildly overreacting? What the hell?

LBT
LBT

RE: Neurite

Yeah, that’s really fucking rough. Obviously not the same, but I kinda got to experience that in motion, as we slowly fell off the Hollywood axis. First came the multi/trans/queer… then came the mental illness… then the poverty… then the homelessness… and now representation is a lot more scarce on the ground. At least I’ve still experienced it before, when we were little, so we can keep tabs on it.

kittehserf

Could we turn this into a discussion of eye colour? That’d be more fun and a change from the usual bras/makeup tactic.

Mine are grey-green with the odd hazel fleck in them. Louis’s are a cool, slightly greenish brown.

Next!

Also a riverbed or fountain full of eyes is TERRIFYING and thank you for taking me back to that soup scene in Temple of Doom.

LBT
LBT

Meh. Vessel’s are blue. Mine are hazel with blue, green, and yellowish gray kludged together. (Blame my predecessors.) Hubby’s are brown.

cloudiah

A discussion of eye color? Feh! I demand eye selfies! Bookmark that for any time you want to see my baleful stare.

cloudiah

(Can I just say that it is surprisingly hard to take a good selfie of your own eye?)

Hand-drawn eye selfies are also acceptable. I just kinda want to turn this thread into a collection of disembodied eyeballs now.

kittehserf

Selfies! 😀

That pic reminds me of a Life mag cover from the 60s – a closeup of a woman’s eye. Scared the bejezus out of me as a little kid. It was the Big Eye and I wouldn’t walk past the mag if I could see it.

kittehserf
cloudiah

MOAR EYEBALLS. Speaking of balls, check out this misandry! Maybe this belongs on the food thread, but I’m here dammit.

kittehserf

cloudiah, did you see the magazine cover I linked here?

Total misandry, with mustelids.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

This just made me realize that we could troll MRAs by talking about fish balls (the food item) and not telling them that they’re not, like, actual fish balls.

kittehserf

Plus, fish balls would be one step away from talking about kitties.

cloudiah

Mustelid misandry is the best misandry.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I am totally doing this.

“The cherry blossom festival was so awesome, especially the fish balls. You see, what they do is they get the fish balls and they skewer them on a stick, and then you walk around with them while you take in the sights. Don’t forget to buy your kids some fish balls! No festival is complete without them!”

Ally S

I remember when some dude from my film class walked up to me and said “You have nice eyes – no homo!” And I just said “ok thanks I guess”

I hate hearing people say shit like “no homo” >_>

Anyway, here’s my eye selfie: http://i.imgur.com/az9BT0l.jpg

You can’t really see the olive green there, but in shows in better kinds of lighting.

kittehserf

Nice! 🙂

And yeah, “no homo” – eurgh.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

When I joined Tumblr, I was deeply saddened that the name “nohetero” was already taken.

becausescience
becausescience

That’s a lot of movements, actually. The fact feminism is the only one you can think of indicates you don’t know what you’re talking about…

My comment was in regards to a conversation on the previous page where Myeyestheyburn’s housemate complained about a feminist campaign that didn’t acknowledge men, and the housemate’s comment that it “felt like they didn’t care about men”. My point was that it’s ridiculous judge a group established primarily to help women based on how much it’s doing to help men, and yet I see this complaint regularly directed at feminists.

That said, having re-read this part of my post:

I can’t think of any other social movement besides feminism where so many people expect the movement to prove it’s validity by solving the problems of other groups.

I can see how that implies that I’m saying other progressive social movements don’t also get hit with ridiculous criticisms and expectations by people who want to silence them, which they obviously do. That part should have been worded better. Also should have clarified that I can only speak based on personal experience as someone who is politically progressive and hears/reads a lot of criticism of progressive movements. I see the “You need to prove you don’t hate us by solving our problems FOR us!” directed at feminists frequently in discussions even compared to other progressive groups*.

* The stuff directed at other groups is more often of the “X-thing-that-helps-struggling-people is just SOCIALISM!” or “Next people will be marrying their dogs!” or “Raising the minimum wage slightly will put everyone out of business!” or “POC are always looking to play the race/victim card!”, etc. variety.

becausescience
becausescience

Possibly the 2013 Jackass Award winner for the category of “Feminism needs to solve men’s problems for them” was the guy who posted in a thread here and said that if feminists don’t like PUA crap, then they (feminists) need to come up with a way to help guys get laid.

Ally S

I think that was Obsidian Files (excuse me, “O”).

LBT
LBT

Yeah, that was ObsidianFiles. And then he got whiny with, “We DID come up with our things, it’s not OUR fault that you women find it so creepy and rapey! Come up with something better, then!”

It reminded me of small children who need to be carefully taught exactly how to do everything. Only these were adult men.

Ally S

[Content note: victim-blaming, rape apologia]

And then came “I’m opposed to rape because it’s not necessary” and that fucking awful victim-blaming against female rape victims who don’t report their rapes to the police. Good riddance.

kittehserf

Of course the great stumbling block for these men is that they don’t see women as anything but a collection of more-or-less interesting physical attributes arranged around the life-support system for various orifices. That we’re people never occurs to them, or they actively object to the idea. We’re inconveniences in the way of their orgasms.

Shadow
Shadow

@Nick

I kinda feel like you may have misread becausescience’s post. Your post seems to indicate that you think becausescience is saying that feminism is accused of trying to solve everyone’s problems (if I misread then ignore me), whereas becausescience is saying that feminism is the only social justice movement that gets demands to solve the problems of a group that it’s mission statement is not dedicated to (i.e. men).

IOW:
becausescience is saying that antifeminists keep claiming that feminism is obligated to address problems that men specifically face, and that to the best of zie’s knowledge, no other SJ movement sees demands to address problems of people that aren’t who they are working for

becausescience is not saying that feminists should not address problems that solely, or predominantly, affect men. Zie is saying that there is no obligation for feminism/feminists to address these problems in order to be a legitimate SJ movement, and that antifeminists are full of shit for claiming otherwise.

pecunium

Mye selfie(iPhone camera, and it’s kinda large)

Argenti Aertheri

My turn!

Please ignore the strip light reflection, the lighting in here sucks at this hour (it’s great when the tanks are on, but I’m not waking the fish up for this)

kittehserf

Nice colours!

Irises are amazing when you get to look at them properly.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Selfeyes!

(Ignore the huge pores/acne). It’s hard to light one’s eyes for such a photo, but also, my eyes really are a very dark brown. I got a lot of compliments on them when I was a kid.

Argenti Aertheri

Thanks kitteh, yours are lovely too.

freemage
freemage

Continuing my backlog run of the holiday weekend posts…

I have this awful, horrible feeling that I know what he was going for when he wrote that black women need to go ‘back in the box’ they came from. Specifically, he’s a full-blown separatist who wants to ship black women back to Africa. (Note: the fact that he thinks all black women are descended directly from Africans, without any ties to Australia, Haiti, South America, or really anyplace else in the world, tells you everything you need to know about just how fucked in the head he is.)

Good
Good

This is fine and all, but you can find almost the exact same sentiments aired over at blackmenvent.com, by black men. All you have to do is secretly register on their site to see their message board so that you can target them the same as you do other anti-feminist/female critical sites.

I doubt that you will do this because you want to exclusively label MRA type thinking as coming from white males. But understand that black America is less “patriarchal” than any other demographic in America and is in worse shape. The gender wage gap between black men and black women is much smaller than for whites, the gender education gap is much wider, black women make up a larger percentage of black politicians than for women of other groups, studies show that black women are the only group of women who are preferred by employers over the men of their demographic, all of recent job gains in black America have come from black women, black women are overwhelmingly the heads of households in black America, etc. etc.

Below is how people like yourselves characterize black women:

Table II presents the 10 traits that students in the main survey most commonly selected when asked to characterize black women and the 12 traits they most commonly selected to characterize American women in general. (Three traits tied for tenth place.) As can be seen, the traits selected for American women in general are overwhelmingly positive, while the picture drawn of black women is far more negative. For example, 45% characterize women in general as intelligent but only 22% characterize black women this way. Similarly, American women in general, but not black women, are characterized as (among other things) sensitive, attractive, sophisticated, career-oriented, and independent, while black women are characterized as loud, aggressive, argumentative, stubborn, and bitchy.

hellkell

Good: does being so wrong all the time hurt? It should.

We’ve had black MRAs here before. Nice try.

Good
Good

You don’t target sites composed predominantly of black men. On rare occasions, you may target a black follower/supporter of a white MRA. How about targeting blackmenvent.com or http://www.tiredblackman.com?

kittehserf

Louis’s selfeye. Bit blurry, I had to blow it up.

hellkell

Good: why not get your own blog and target whomever you like? Whining that David isn’t “targeting” who you’d like him to so you don’t have to feel like the insecure, racist piece of shit you are just makes you look even dumber, as if such a thing were possible. Asshole.

cloudiah

We’re supposed to be surprised that you can find misogyny among men of color? Or that white college students can be racist?

Good, go away. You’re incapable of making a logical argument, and you’re not amusing. You’re just taking up pixels that could be put to better use by other commenters.

Argenti Aertheri

And another MRA completely misses the racism factor! Am I gonna need a new gif?

My selfeye. Wish I had a macro lens.

Good
Good

I know more about racism than you. Would you admit the misandry of black women? Even among white feminists, I never hear it said that white men are so terrible that you will begin dating only non-white men. Black women have actually made kicking black men to the curb and dating only non-black men a social movement. The direct and indirect influence of feminism has been a destructive force for the black community that has virtually destroyed the black family.

pecunium

I see Good has abandoned the pretense of being reasonable.

Below is how people like yourselves characterize black women:

Unh hunh… citations please. You were the one saying that attacks needed to be particularised. Asserting that some other group you don’t like is a perfect parallel of our thinking is what you pretended was happening here.

That old “it’s ok when I do it” schtick ain’t gonna fly here, boyo.

hellkell

Good: if misandry were a thing, I’d cop to it. Since it’s an imaginary idea made up by misogynistic jackholes, you’re shit out of luck. Story of your life, huh?

Simple economics plus racism has destroyed black communities longer and harder than feminism ever has, you dolt.

Fuck off and go learn something.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What’s he banging on about now?

hellkell

Good’s butthurt that MRAs are overwhelmingly white and racist.

pecunium

Good: I know more about racism than you.

Objection, assumes facts not in evidence.

Would you admit the misandry of black women?

Nope.

You think that’s a side-effect of feminism, rather than the more direct effect of the racist aspects of society, and the limited future many black men face? That perhaps the greater likelihood of upward mobility/social stability to be found with a non-black partner; because of things like disproportionate arrest/conviction/sentencing rates for the same offenses?

That society punishes black women for being with black men, and rewards them for being with non-black men?

And then you tell us you know more about racial issues in the US?

From a dude who told us Fla. is a bastion of non-misogyny? Florida, where gunning down a black kid is ok, but firing a warning shot at an abusive partner is a crime?

Pull the other one, it’s got bells on it.

pecunium

Shit.. sorry, ya’ll blend together. I confused you with Keegan. My mistake. I withdraw that you told us about florida being such a bastion, but leave it in as an example of your lack of comprehension on issues of race in the States.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

So, just to be clear, Good thinks that feminism caused racism? That’s an…interesting theory.

hellkell

No, feminism has destroyed black families. To Good, racism isn’t just for white folks.