block that metaphor crackpottery disgusting women evil women female beep boop gross incompetence hate homophobia hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed white men playing the victim racism

Men’s Rights Activist adds racism to the mix: “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other”

Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.
Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.

Christian J., the blogger behind What Men Are Saying About Women and the inventor of the infamous MRA two-dot ellipsis, has always been an open racist as well as a misogynist, letting drop horrific comments from time to time on why he thinks black women are the worst kind of women in the world.

But today he’s sort of outdone himself with a post titled Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..

Christian lays out his thesis statement in his first sentence:

I have made no effort to hide my disgust about black females as they do really deserve every criticism they get.

What follows is a largely incoherent stream-of consciousness rant unencumbered by logic or the correct use of language.

Christian starts off by attacking “black “Lesbian” females” and  “Oprah “Find the Victim” Winfrey,” whom he describes as a

selfish, self-serving, anti-male bigot and organiser of female only schools in Africa. A true racist bigot in every sense of the word.

Yes, the author of  “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..” did just call Oprah a racist bigot.

Apparently immune to irony, Christian J continues:

The facts about black women is even more horrendous than one could even assume. They developed themselves as being so arrogant and self-serving, that even black men avoid them like the plague. …

The fact that they have constantly hit out against black men as being either gays or hoods or in jail, leaving them pregnant (that’s a favourite with women, always blame someone else for one’s own stupidity) and refusing to man up when required. They vilified black men at every opportunity. …

The black man’s response was huge. They enjoyed handing their oversized asses back to them in popular songs like rap and other genres.

You will no doubt have noticed by now that Christian J. does not seem to understand what words mean or how language works, exactly.

They reduced the black female down to the levels they could understand and they also stated in no uncertain terms, what black females could do with themselves while they went off and picked females from other races to replace those high and mighty, self-elevated edifices and phoenixes.

Edifices? Phoenixes? Is he just pulling random words out of the dictionary now?

Poetic justice and it was the appropriate feedback they required to put them back in the box where they originally came from and hopefully teach them some level of humility.

The … box … they came from? What the fuck is he even talking about here?

That did not work of course as their ego now had grown even bigger that they themselves could no longer control. …

So what is the problem with these black females ?

They’re surrounded by assholes like you?

postman
postman

@CassandraSays: I think it’s more asshole gravity than magnetism. There is no strand of assholishness they are repelled from.

bekabot

MRAs: one dot short of an ellipse?

You don’t understand what they’re doing. They’re saving their ellipses for subjects which are worthy of them.

kittehserf

KatZombie – more hugs if you want them, and here’s your Official Complimentary Welcome Package!

Please feel free to comment whenever you want. We’re always repeating things and ninja’ing each other and more ManBoobzers are always welcome. 🙂

saintnick86

[T]hey went off and picked females from other races to replace those high and mighty, self-elevated edifices and phoenixes.

[I]t was the appropriate feedback they required to put them back in the box where they originally came from

Obviously this guy reads a lot of Thomas Friedman…

Ally S

@yaoi huntress earth

Looked up Clair Huxtable and found this

Full of win

markb
markb

Funny thing, I looked through his posts and found no comments on any of them. Or just one, and that was a correction. There’s no indication that anyone is reading his stuff, and yet he posts article after article. Any sane person would have given up after a while.

Myoo
Myoo

@markb

Any sane person would have given up after a while.

Please don’t use “sane” in that way. It implies that the reason that person is acting that way is because they’re “insane”, which is not fair for the many people who have mental health issues.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is not the definition of insanity, it’s the definition of stubbornness.

markb
markb

OK. What would be a better term?

LBT

Enh. Less stubborn? I know plenty of folks who write blogs, or stories, or create things without an audience. What makes this guy stand out is his sheer douchery–which probably doesn’t help his audience much.

markb
markb

I thought most people who write blogs give up very quickly, especially if they don’t get feedback. I know I did. Anyway, I’m glad he doesn’t have a lively band of followers. That would have been depressing.

LBT

*shrug* We wrote a 1500 crappy sci-fi series with no audience whatsoever. And I can assure you, it had nothing to do with us being crazy. It was just that we really wanted to write a book or four.

moldybrehd

Better terms than insane/sane – asshole/non-asshole, irrational/rational if you have to be nicer.

Also, lots of people keep blogs for the purpose of thinking out loud and venting, though many people keep theirs private if they’re going to be particularly assholish. (I’m not trying to defend the MRA, just the concept of posting one’s thoughts on the interwebz).

Anonymous Contributor
Anonymous Contributor

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — but you have an audience now! And MAOR IS PLEASE!

And yeah, in this case I’d go for stubborn, I only killed my blog that only my best-friend was reading when stalker ex showed up. My lack of sanity was not why I kept at it.

People should be able to blog/write for whatever reason they want, whether or not they get any traffic. Hell, I’d find it weirder if someone blogged for no reason at all except to get an audience and carefully engineered the blog that would attract the maximum amount of traffic even though the actual content didn’t interest zir at all.

RE: Argenti

Fear not! Giant Robots Hurt/Comfort Bingo is on the back-burner… currently dwarfed by me frantically trying to gear up for the trip and finish my webcomic, but it IS there, and fear not, it shall be written! Just not as quickly as I did during August.

RE: katz

I’ve met some artists like that. They tend not to enjoy what they do, and have a hard time stopping. It’s kind of sad.

Meh, if you’re doing it for a job (ie, working almost all on commission), then you do what you gotta do. But even today, just randomly starting a blog isn’t a job, regardless of how much traffic you get.

LBT

Oh no, pay I totally get. The folks I was talking about drew or wrote for free.

Really? That’s so bizarre.

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — I have a compass for you, and am tempted to toss that and my computer fixing stuff in a bag now so I don’t forget it. I can wait for IS I suppose… (I can wait, I’m just going to pout about it)

RE: katz

Really? That’s so bizarre.

Not as much as you’d think. Remember the thread where we talked about how folks put a lot of stock in things like pageviews and such? It’s like that. I see folks who, even if they aren’t getting paid monetarily for their work, they get so hooked on some form of ‘popularity’ (be that in favs, comments, likes, or pageviews) that they just can’t seem to dare making what they really want. So they keep cranking out things that they know other people like. You’d be amazed the number of secrets I’ve seen on the Internet that pretty much boiled down to, “I want to be a BNF just to be popular.” It’s sad.

RE: Argenti

Woo, compass! Is there anything we should bring for computer repair, besides the keyboard and the comp itself?

Argenti Aertheri

Steel nerves? No, I’ve got everything else covered, but do steady yourself to see the inside of your laptop.

And Sneak’s tentacle impersonation 🙂

Admittedly, I can understand a few factors:

-Community: Drawing/writing things for other people primarily for the purpose of building relationships. Art exchanges, etc.

-Peer pressure: Getting the idea that some subjects are more acceptable than others. Especially negative peer pressure (getting the idea that you’re not supposed to draw/write about something).

-Creating buzz: Focusing on something that you like less that is more popular in order to gain an audience so that you can then transfer to what you like. Budding singer-songwriters who mostly do covers, for instance.

But I can’t imagine getting an audience for something I wasn’t into and considering that an end to itself.

kittehserf

It got like that for me on FanStory. There was a pressure to write something in order to get reviews. Trouble was, to promote stuff long enough to be seen, you had to earn points by reviewing things, and I was so tired of reading work just for that. It was nice to have an audience, but I wasn’t looking for writing-craft feedback, I just wanted a conversation about the content. I’m not sorry I quit the site.

RE: Argenti

Well, I will say, if you do break B-SOD, I will be SORELY cross with you; it’s my workhorse comp, and without it, I’m tanked. It’s the only comp I own that can access the Internet and use my drawing tablet. However, I’m sure it’ll go fine and I’ll have a swank comp at the end of it. And Sneak will happily do zer jellyfish impersonation for you!

RE: katz

Yeah, all those factors make sense. I do feel sad when I see folks restricting their output, though–I mostly see it in fanwork vs. other work. In a way, I’m sort of glad that writing fanfiction is really hard for me; I never had an issue deciding which I wanted to do, and which I was best at. (Though I’m not averse to doing it for writeathons, on a case-specific basis.)

Argenti Aertheri

Nawh, should be super simple, I wouldn’t have offered if I didn’t think I could do it 🙂

becausescience
becausescience

Re: Comment from previous page about feminists not doing more to help men.

I can’t think of any other social movement besides feminism where so many people expect the movement to prove it’s validity by solving the problems of other groups.

“LGBT activists need to prove they don’t hate straight people by helping solving straight people’s problems!”

“The Civil Rights Movement needs to prove it doesn’t hate white people by solving white people’s problems!”

“Movements for people with disabilities need to prove they don’t hate people without disabilities by solving their problems!”

“Anti-poverty campaigns need to prove they don’t hate rich people!”

Same thing with “why don’t you call yourself a humanist or an egalitarian instead of a feminist? You only care about women, huh?”

It’s accepted (or at least it should be) that a social justice movement can focus on the issues affecting a specific group. A movement can point out ways in which people outside the group may benefit as well, but the idea that it’s the *responsibility* of one movement to solve everyone’s problems is ridiculous. And yet, it’s a criticism that seems to be directed at feminism all the time.

In all the criticisms I’ve seen of mra’s, I’ve never once heard anyone say “Why aren’t mra’s doing more to help women?” or “Why don’t you call yourselves humanists/egalitarians instead of mra’s?” If anyone’s said it, I haven’t seen it.

And yet, feminists need to solve ALL the problems, or else they must hate men.

kittehserf

Yep, because women’s problems aren’t real, or aren’t important, and it’s our job to play Mummy life-long. .As well as that, MRAs pretend they’re under the (stiletto) heel of oppression, and the whole “Men’s Human Rights Movement” gives away their real meaning: men are human, women are not.

RE: Argenti

I figured! I just wanted to make sure, you know how it is. Seeing your skills, you probably have a computer similar.

Man, now that the trip is for-real coming, I’m really excited. Did a little moving with Sneak today, and it gave me giddy glee that I was moving shit back into That Damn Closet in ways intended to maximize space, rather than living comfort. BECAUSE I WILL BE IN THERE TWO WEEKS TOPS AHAHAHAHA!

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — oh no, mine was way worse! Mac builds their shit for authorized mac repair places with authorized mac tools. There was finagling involved and lots of swearing. Yours should be a fairly simple thing!

And w00t for only being in That Damned Closet for 2 weeks!

Celeste Deuel

It’s like bigoted white dudes don’t even bother hiding their horribleness anymore. :/

RE: Argenti

Yeah, I got friends who swear by Macs, but all the IT folks I know curse them, because they’re so opaque to fix, apparently. When BSOD eventually dies, I’m changing over to Linux, most likely.

Argenti Aertheri

I’ve had people attempt to convert me to Linux, but I need a shiny GUI. Which, per someone who hates Ubuntu, means I should give Pardis a whirl. I love my baby, she’s just a pain to crack open (I have a thing, desktops are male, laptops are female, and tablets apparently lack personality enough to name them)

Celeste Deuel — I’m not sure this strain of bigot ever did hide it.

pecunium

markb: There’s no indication that anyone is reading his stuff, and yet he posts article after article.

I don’t get that many comments on my wordpress blog (my Lj was more active).

I post because there are things I need to say.

LBT

Yeah, a fair few of my stories get no comment at all, but folks pay me, which is all the closure I need!

yaoi huntress earth
yaoi huntress earth

@kittehserf
Though to a lot MRAs feeling like women are barely capable of being housewives at best. Otherwise we’re worse versions of Peg Bundy and just barely worth sticking their dicks into.

Otherwise…
It’s amazing how buried these guys are into racial stereotypes. All Asian men are small-dicked, are ugly as those short Asian stereotype cartoons from 50’s, and act like An-Mei, Lena and Ying-Ying’s first husbands in The Joy Luck Club. All Asian women are the tee-hee subservient types, who will fall to their feet a the very sight of a white American man. American and Western European women are all vain, selfish, vindictive whores who want to destroy men. Russian women are all leggy supermodels that happily be their Stepford Wives. All Black women are the worst aspects of a female Tyler Perry character and vain welfare skanks. And black men are huge dicked thugs that Western women are total whores for.

Argenti Aertheri

“I don’t get that many comments on my wordpress blog (my Lj was more active).”

You’re just too cool for WP (no, really, I don’t comment over there because I feel like a fool compared to the comments I read there. I realize we’ve been over this before.)

saintnick86

That’s a lot of movements, actually. The fact feminism is the only one you can think of indicates you don’t know what you’re talking about…

It’s accepted (or at least it should be) that a social justice movement can focus on the issues affecting a specific group. A movement can point out ways in which people outside the group may benefit as well[…]

At least that part of the statement is true, but…

[B]ut the idea that it’s the *responsibility* of one movement to solve everyone’s problems is ridiculous. And yet, it’s a criticism that seems to be directed at feminism all the time.

…You lose what little credit you got with that part.

Other than the fact that’s a criticism of many social or political movements, usually by those who are dismissive of them or to delegitimatize whatever concerns they have, you simply contradicted yourself. Of course you did – because you just want to single out feminism, regardless of other facts. It’s easier that way than doing actual research (since pulling arguments straight out your ass is so easy), I suppose…

cloudiah

@saintnick86, What are some examples of other movements that are routinely criticized because they don’t solve ALL the world’s problems?

kittehserf

Oy, Nick, knock it off with the “you lose credit” schtick, thanks. If becausescience is wrong, just give some examples.

pecunium

I am in the middle. I’ve seen a lot of, “if only they weren’t so assertive then “x” group would have more success because they’d not alienate allies”,

But I don’t recall a whole lot of things like, “if only latinos would work to make the lot of sharecropping whites better then I’d have more respect for them when they complain about the terrible working conditions of grape harvesters”.

There are some commonalities, but the core ideas are a bit different.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

WHY WON’T FEMINISTS BE EVERYONE’S MOMMIES? THEY ARE SO MEAN.

My eyeballs are on the loose again. This is becoming inconvenient.

cloudiah

Cassandra, I think you need to strap a little hammock to your face to catch your eyeballs when they roll out. This has been happening too frequently.

saintnick86

In political discussions I’ve gotten into, it was a claim that was usually applied to anyone left-wing or progressive – regardless of what specific label they went by – with the notion being that they are just forcing their morals onto others (the critics obviously not being aware of the irony whatsoever). It seems like a common tactic to, again, dismiss or delegitimatize a group’s concerns. Rather strange when it was coming from people who supported military intervention to “fix” another country, making it come off as projection on their part. It’s a “I can do that, but you can’t” kind of fallacy.

I certainly notice it with MRAs when it comes to feminism. The earlier applying a massive, inaccurate generalization to the latter even while evoking the same notions they were criticizing the other group for.

And the “I can’t think of any other social movement besides feminism where so many people expect the movement to prove it’s validity by solving the problems of other groups” comment is just a cowardly way of saying that a group dedicated to social justice should just shut up, since it is a specific group they do not like. The problem is, yes, social justice groups do deal with solving issues with other groups – it’s kind of the point when it comes to perception based on culture and societal structure. It doesn’t mean they are inherently authoritarian. Saying a social justice group should not concern themselves with such ’cause that’d be facism is utterly silly.

Oy, Nick, knock it off with the “you lose credit” schtick, thanks.

I was mocking him, but okay. He made an accurate observation, only to then just shoot himself in the foot by saying its totally not cool when feminists do it ’cause, like…stuff.

I don’t get his logic and don’t care – the person didn’t even bother to not make such a blatantly self-contradictory statement.

If becausescience is wrong, just give some examples.

Honestly, I just didn’t want to spend much energy bothering with someone whose come to a fallacious conclusion (it was obvious on the outset). I just wanted to point out they’re being a hypocrite by acting like feminism is the only movement that has ever been criticized for “trying to solve everyone’s problems” and, on top of that, it is somehow a valid criticism rather than an ideological attack on another. Giving them examples seems pointless since they’ll go ignored or with some bullshit excuse attached, which has happened before and I got sick of doing since it just frustrated me more.

I suppose I’m not feeling the fire that comes with righteous anger at the moment, as becausescience’s comments aren’t horrifically offense as they are just stupid.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

But cloudiah, I haven’t seen any offers from, say, anti-poverty groups or the NAACP to build my eye hammock for me, so I think I should sit around complaining about that instead of just going and making one myself.

Ally S

CassandraSays, I found your eyeballs! They stopped rolling at the Rio Grande river. And that’s where I found mine, too.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

One small problem – we both have brown eyes, right? So how are we going to figure out which eyeballs belong to which person?

(I am waiting to see if the creator of the potential drama-wank in this situation will continue along the same path, and thus render any re-distribution of missing eyeballs premature, or if he’ll have the good sense to realize that he misjudged his audience and stop digging.)

Ally S

Well, actually, my eyes have both brown and olive green in them. I can’t tell if there is an actual stripe of green or just a mix of green and brown, though. They’re kind of unusual in regards to color.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Mine have sort of a ring of darker color around the outside of the iris, so that might help too.