block that metaphor crackpottery disgusting women evil women female beep boop gross incompetence hate homophobia hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed white men playing the victim racism

Men’s Rights Activist adds racism to the mix: “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other”

Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.
Michelle Obama is not impressed with your argument.

Christian J., the blogger behind What Men Are Saying About Women and the inventor of the infamous MRA two-dot ellipsis, has always been an open racist as well as a misogynist, letting drop horrific comments from time to time on why he thinks black women are the worst kind of women in the world.

But today he’s sort of outdone himself with a post titled Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..

Christian lays out his thesis statement in his first sentence:

I have made no effort to hide my disgust about black females as they do really deserve every criticism they get.

What follows is a largely incoherent stream-of consciousness rant unencumbered by logic or the correct use of language.

Christian starts off by attacking “black “Lesbian” females” and  “Oprah “Find the Victim” Winfrey,” whom he describes as a

selfish, self-serving, anti-male bigot and organiser of female only schools in Africa. A true racist bigot in every sense of the word.

Yes, the author of  “Why Black Women are More Repulsive than any Other..” did just call Oprah a racist bigot.

Apparently immune to irony, Christian J continues:

The facts about black women is even more horrendous than one could even assume. They developed themselves as being so arrogant and self-serving, that even black men avoid them like the plague. …

The fact that they have constantly hit out against black men as being either gays or hoods or in jail, leaving them pregnant (that’s a favourite with women, always blame someone else for one’s own stupidity) and refusing to man up when required. They vilified black men at every opportunity. …

The black man’s response was huge. They enjoyed handing their oversized asses back to them in popular songs like rap and other genres.

You will no doubt have noticed by now that Christian J. does not seem to understand what words mean or how language works, exactly.

They reduced the black female down to the levels they could understand and they also stated in no uncertain terms, what black females could do with themselves while they went off and picked females from other races to replace those high and mighty, self-elevated edifices and phoenixes.

Edifices? Phoenixes? Is he just pulling random words out of the dictionary now?

Poetic justice and it was the appropriate feedback they required to put them back in the box where they originally came from and hopefully teach them some level of humility.

The … box … they came from? What the fuck is he even talking about here?

That did not work of course as their ego now had grown even bigger that they themselves could no longer control. …

So what is the problem with these black females ?

They’re surrounded by assholes like you?

cloudiah

Edifices and Phoenixes is my new feminist rap band.

sarahlizhousespouse

Christian J’s sentences look like sharp construction detours.

kittehserf

the inventor of the infamous MRA two-dot ellipses,

MRAs: one dot short of an ellipse?

That would be the dumbest piece of racist misogynist shit I’ve seen for a while, and that’s saying something.

kittehserf

Hmm, just realised that ellipse joke is probably ableist – my bad, sorry!

KathleenB
KathleenB

I… But… I think that shit just caused actual Sanity loss. One step closer to gibberin, I suppose.

cloudiah

Speaking of racists, I am reading a book that talks about (amongst other things) a time MLK Jr. visited Chicago and participated in a march in support of housing desegregation that went through some all-white neighborhoods. They met organized opposition from the whole community, but the most violent was from 100s of young white men who blocked the streets, throwing bottles and rocks.

I thought to myself, These days those dudes have been mostly forced off the streets, and onto the internet.

RenKiss
RenKiss

I wonder what he meant by “box.” Does he mean the stereotypical box that black women have been forced in for decades like the Jezebel, Mammy, Sapphire, etc? Or is he just bothered by the fact that these high profile black women such as Oprah go against every stereotype there about black women and feel we need to be put “back in our place?”

hellkell
hellkell

Jesus high-kicking Christ, what did I just read? Edifices and phoenixes…you know what? I’ma join Kathleen in the gibberin’ corner.

Robert
Robert

I was reminded of a phenomenon noted on the Creepy White Guys tumblr, in which straight white men looking for Asian women on online dating sites will gratuitously dis Asian men as being unattractive. But who are these MRAs clumsily trying to woo by dissing black women?

It is a puzzlement.

cloudiah

I definitely saw “box” and thought he meant putting black women “back in their place.” I didn’t think so much of the stereotypical boxes, because I don’t think he’s quite sophisticated enough of a thinker to be aware of those stereotypes, but that’s an interesting interpretation.

Is it CassandraSays who observed how frequently different kinds of bigotry cluster together?

RenKiss
RenKiss

Sure is. I guess it’s not really all that surprising, I’ve always had a feeling that many MRA’s were closeted racists, too. So this vitriol he’s spewing at black women just confirms his racism and misogyny .

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well that was super fascinating and original.

In all seriousness, poke one variety of bigot and multiple other forms of bigotry will inevitably start leaking out. It’s asshole magnetism.

kittehserf

RenKiss – not such closeted racists, either.

cloudiah

Gah there was a thread on r/mr today about “comfort women” that was chock full of misogyny AND racism. The only saving grace was that most of the worst of it was being downvoted, except for the stuff that they probably don’t even recognize as racism. “Hey, I’m just saying it’s a good thing the West is better than the East, I’m not a racist or anything.”

Sigh.

cloudiah

Here’s that thread filtered through r/againstmensrights:

CassandraSays, you’ll love their expert understanding of Asian culture.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I will now go back to looking at gifs of cute guys with cats.

Alice
Alice

What a shitty, shitty, shitty writer.

Morrigan

I feel that these sorts of posts have little to do with the content itself. Their purpose, I think, is output for solidarity with other repugnant people. They are filled with nonsensical phrasing and other rubbish, because their audience is not concerned with anything approaching truth – only affirmation of their hatred.

Maybe this was obvious and I am late. Maybe I am wrong, but… I don’t know what else to say.

LBT
LBT

Does anyone else read it as FEEEEEEEmales nowadays, like some whiny evil cartoon scientist?

Shiraz
Shiraz

His screed reads like a voice-over script for a documentary — a documentary created by a dumbass, that it.

I thought this part was funny/sad (read in prissy British voice for fun):

“The facts about black women is even more horrendous than one could even assume.”

Like, he’s consulted science journals to back-up his wackness or something.

kittehserf

Shiraz
Shiraz

“Shiraz – shhhh, you’ll have Tom “Baldy” Martin wanting to make another imaginary doco!”

**cringes**

Shit, kitteh, my bad! 😉

kittehserf

LOL!

At least there’s this: it would only be imaginary and since he’s been perma-banned, we wouldn’t have him spouting off here about it.

May all the MRAs sit on hard chairs with splinters, and land on Legos when they jump up.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I wonder what Tom’s new marketing plan is now that he can’t come here to advertise any more.

Anathema

In the original article, Christian J. writes*:

Hollywood have used black “Lesbian” females as their number one example of the feminists version of the “Strong and Independent” female. One who does not need no damn man and one who can survive on it’s own without outside interference.

Which leaves me with a couple of questions:

1.) Why is it that reactionaries make Hollywood sound so much more awesome than it actually is? In my experience, the media produced by Hollywood isn’t really all that progressive. Yet to hear some people describe it, you’d think that Hollywood was some sort of liberal utopia ruled by a cabal of feminists and homosexuals.

2. When Christian J. used the word “it” to refer to black lesbians (or maybe he was using “it” to refer to independent women in general, the writing isn’t all that clear) was he intentionally trying to be dehumanizing? Or is he just such a bad writer that he didn’t realize what he was doing?

* I’m not sure that “article” is the correct word for what Christian J posted. And I’m not sure that “writes” accurately describes the process by which the original blog post was created. I suspect that Christian J doesn’t so much write as randomly throw words at his computer screen.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Christ, and he had so many details to share about said fake doco. This is the one with all the golddiggers, yes?

kittehserf

Shiraz – yup! At least, it started that way, then expanded. Like a gas cloud.

cloudiah

Always.

kittehserf

Whining or raging, the defaults of choice for MRAs.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Anathama:

Isn’t that literally how people describe it?

@OP:

*reads* Welp. That’s a load of racist shit.

dustydeste
dustydeste

I kinda assumed the whole “box” thing was just slang for vagina, and that dudebroracistface wants all the FEEEEEEmales of color to get themselves unborn right quick. Then again, my assumption with MRAs is that if a word can be understood to mean genitals in any light, that is probably what they mean by it.

I mean, it makes as much sense as the rest of what he wrote, no?

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

Hey Christian J, racist Much?

LBT
LBT

RE: Anathema

And Jews! Don’t forget the Jews.

anathema2
anathema2

@ LBT:

Of course! I can’t believe that I left them out.

A specific person invented the two-dot ellipsis? I had no idea. I’d often wondered where that came from.

LBT
LBT

I LOATHE the two-dot ellipses. Part of my frustration is that the computer I currently use is really awful and forgets I’m typing at random moments, which has led to ME making those fucking things. Annoying!

kittehserf

Someone in the MRM actually invented something! :O

Something useless, laughable and mildly irritating … yeah, that’s about their level.

Next question: WHY?

Though I’ll say this much: it’s way less irritating than when people do ………………… as an ellipsis. IT’S A COMPLETE PUNCTUATION MARK IT DOES NOT STRETCH OUT TO FILL THE PAUSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

KatZombie
KatZombie

I just vomited. I am not being dramatic. I read this and was physically ill. I’ve been reading Manboobz for a while now and have felt moved to comment many times, but the regular commenters always state whatever I have felt in far more eloquent terms than I could muster. In this case, I can’t ignore my feelings. I vomited because the words of Christian J. are so very disgusting.

Angela Gibbons

For those of you as disgusted by these racist ramblings as I am, here’s a breath of fresh air for you. Great lesson for all of us who are willing to recognize our white privilege. 🙂

Dvärghundspossen

Yeah, I totally wanna get all these Hollywood blockbusters featuring black Lesbian feminists kicking all kinds of ass.

mildlymagnificent

Just make sure nobody reads that thing twice – you can feel the hot wind of idiocy evaporating your IQ points the first time through. Heaven knows what would happen if you read it again.

The average Stoic Sophist of today
The average Stoic Sophist of today

I can almost hear him shouting the words in my face as I read that. I feel like I need to wipe the spittle off my screen. It’s just nothing but a primal scream of rage and hatred.

Perry
Perry

I took a look at the web page What Men Are Saying About Women (which should actually be What Sociopaths Are Saying About Women) and it’s strange. The articles have almost no comments, Facebook likes or retweets. Even the other MRAs ignore this dude.

myeyestheyburn
myeyestheyburn

Why is it that racism and anti-feminism so often go hand-in-hand?

I know white, Men’s “Rights” Advocates vilify “Western” women specifically and often, but if the supposed “evil black wimmins” are also Western (since I imagine a lot of women in various parts of, oh… i don’t know, Africa) don’t have the same right to exercise their independence… why the distinction?

I am sick of racism lately, though.

In other news, my housemate has decided I frequent “crazy communities” in reference to this website and others, and my interest in feminism. She’s decided that all modern feminists are crazy, that they advocate for “stupid”, “pointless” things (though couldn’t give me an example) and then referenced the violence against women campaign and how it didn’t acknowledge men (so it “felt like they didn’t care about men”)… while acknowledging that she supports “equality” but not “feminism”.

Why is it such a dirty word? Urgh. Doesn’t help that I’m actively choosing not to be in a relationship at the moment due to study commitments and some of my friends think that, because I’ve taken an interest in feminism at the same time (I did some sociology and I was introduced to the girls in the women’s group on campus), I am just resentful at men/not being in a relationship.

I need new friends. And a new house.

Ally S

@myeyestheyburn

Oh dear, that sounds like a mess. I’m sorry you have to deal with such shitty attitudes.

I think that racism and sexism go hand-in-hand so often because, when you dehumanize and hold contempt for one group, it’s easy to do likewise for other groups. Notice how a lot of MRAs are not only racist and sexist, but also ableist, heterosexist, cissexist, etc.

And equality movements focus on oppressed groups FFS. The whole point of such movements is to rectify such inequality by helping the groups being oppressed. The idea that feminism is anti-male just because it doesn’t focus on helping men is ridiculous.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess
augochlorella

@ KatZombie

I offer internet hugs if you want them. Sometimes reading all this stuff can get really overwhelming. A lot of us take breaks from reading when it gets too much (David included).

Ally S

@KatZombie

=[ I’m sorry that you were so disturbed and felt physically ill. I don’t know if you like cats, but if you do, here is a cat rolling on her back (http://i.imgur.com/BDHjh.jpg) and a kitty in a sink (http://i.imgur.com/EbjBiZ3.jpg).

@emilygoddess

@Cassandra: http://hotguyswithcats.com/

This is pretty much the best tumblr ever.

yaoi huntress earth
yaoi huntress earth

It’s a shame Clair Huxtable isn’t real, because she would’ve put this guy in his place.

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

Slightly off-point, why on earth would feminism need a stated end point? I get that these guys believe that feminists won’t stop until men spend their lives working in underground bonbon factories, but what social movement has ever said, “we wish to achieve X, and then we promise to disband.” In fact, MRAs haven’t done that. It just a dumb accusation.

1 2 3 7