a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? artistry boner rage disgusting women evil sexy ladies evil women false accusations I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert manginas mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA vaginas

The Cartoon Artistry of Victor Zen, Men’s Human Rights Activist Human

logicVictor

I think I have a new favorite MRA. Sorry, this one’s an MHRA, because he spends all his time hanging out on A Voice for Human Men. (Oh, it’s still just A Voice for Men? Then Why did they put that H for “Human” in that other acronym?)

Anyway, his name is Victor Zen. And according to Victor’s MHRA Resume — and yes he really does have one — he is quite an awesome MHRA, I mean, just consider these accomplishments:

AVFM Forum Moderator (4/7/2013-7/1/2013)

• Enforced AVFM policy in the AVFM forums
  • Maintained unity in MHRA community
  • Encouraged peaceful online activism

I mean, it totally sounds like he was one kickass AVFM policy-enforcing, MHRA-unity-maintaining, peaceful online activism encouraging moderator for nearly three months!

If I were hiring any MHRAs, I would definitely put Victor Zen’s MHResume (see what I did there) at the top of the virtual pile.

Oh, but that’s not all! Since then, Victor has been doing a bang-up job as AVFM Backup System Administrator, which I assume means he system administrates the hell out of AVFM whenever it backs itself into a corner, which it sort of does pretty much all of the time. (I think. I’m not really up on these sorts of technical things.)

But that’s not the part of Victor’s MHResume I want to celebrate today. For if you scroll down to the bottom you will find a list of his real accomplishments:

• First day as MHRA: December 5th, 2012
  • Posters designed: 8
  • Videos produced: 38
  • Cartoons drawn: 18
  • Articles written:  27
  • YT Subscribers: 120+

Woah, woah, what’s that about cartoons?

That’s right, he drew EIGHTEEN MOTHERFUCKING CARTOONS. Not eight. Not eighty. EIGHTEEN.

That cartoon at the top of this post. That’s just a taste of just ONE of these EIGHTEEN cartoons.

You can can see the loving craftmanship — sorry, craftsMANship — he brings to the task.

Let’s take a look at the rest of them, which have been helpfully posted for us in a bunch of AVFM forum threads and on his own site.  Be prepared for some violence and maybe a teensy bit of hate, because the TRUTH IS NOT PRETTY. Also, neither is his terrible drawing style.

Also, one of the cartoons features a talking vagina.

Here you can see the ironic conclusion to the story started in the two frames above, as well as an assortment of other cartoons posted under the heading Victor.Zen On Absurdity via Inequality.

And here is Victor.Zen On the MHRA’s Enemy.

And Victor.Zen On the Screech of Feminism.

And wait there’s more!

Victor has posted some of his favorites on his own site as well. (He starts with the vagina one; apparently he’s quite proud of his passing familiarity with that sexual organ.)

He’s got posters, too.

As well as an explanation for why the word “mangina” is totally not misogynistic, just like a simple descriptive term with no misogynistic overtones that means a dude who’s, you know, a “philogynic misandrist.”

A Phil a who now?

My stick-figure ninjas do not fistbump! They only kill!

Shadow
Shadow

My stick-figure ninjas do not fistbump! They only kill!

Ahh, death by a thousand paper cuts. Your mastery shames me

Karalora
Karalora

@daintydougal:

I’ve had a revelation. I thought their constant refrain of ‘gina tingles’ (ew) was them just being horrible mixed with their fear and repulsion of women. Then I thought about how basically everything is a massive projection and realised it probably has to do with creating a female version of ‘thinking with your d*ck’.

That may be the case, but if so they’re still not using it right. We say a man is “thinking with his dick” when he pursues sexual gratification in circumstances where he probably shouldn’t – having extramarital affairs, heaping (non-sexual) favors on a good-looking woman who couldn’t care less about him, etc. MRAs use “‘gina tinglezzzzzzz” to denigrate women who pursue sexual gratification at all. All those foolish women who, um, have sex with men whom they, uh…find sexually attractive?

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@LsdySunami

The idea we don’t care about war deaths is just bizzare. Why then is that assumption so natural to the MRA? It definitely shows a blindness on their part.

A lot of MRA thinking includes the belief that feminism is mainstream, or even dominant in Western culture, or that all women are feminists (the latter being a convenient way to hate all women while claiming to only hate feminism). When they see something wrong in our culture (like shipping thousands of young people, mainly men, off to die in wars), they assume that feminism/women are to blame. Their entire reality is filtered through the lens of anti-feminism.

@Lowquacks (et al)

To be fair, the vagina probably looks sliiiiiightly more like a vagina than the people look like people.

To be accurate, that’s not a vagina, it’s a vulva. Drawing a vagina would be tough.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s so weird. It’s like me going, well, I really hate the religious right, so they must be responsible for the overuse of Photoshop in advertising! Since they control the world and all.

tedthefed
tedthefed

….did the Nice Guy stick figure have an orgasm after watching the jerky manly man pick up the mean lady? I can’t think of any other interpretation for that facial expression.

cloudiah

Ack, I made the same mistake, and I KNOW THIS. ::sentences self to write “a vulva is not a vagina” on the chalkboard 100 times::

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It always makes me laugh when a celeb has a clothing malfunction getting out of a limo and people are all “you could see her vagina!”. Um, how? I mean I know it’s easy to zoom in and enlarge high-quality photos, but…

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

I realized yesterday that according to MRA standards, Rush Limbaugh is a feminist.

It’s ironic, MRAs constantly complain that you can’t criticize feminism because its goals are so vague (Not All Feminists Are Like That), so in response they managed to come up with a definition that I think pretty much all feminists would agree is wrong. I’ll never forget seeing Phyllis Schlafly described as a feminist. Uh. We don’t like her and she doesn’t like us.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Kitty is judging you.

cloudiah

Thanks Serrana, now I won’t have to breath in that terrible chalk dust.

And thank you, AIT, for reminding us that you are pro-sexual assault.

dlouwe
dlouwe

“When they see something wrong in our culture (like shipping thousands of young people, mainly men, off to die in wars), they assume that feminism/women are to blame. Their entire reality is filtered through the lens of anti-feminism.”

This reminds me of watching some MRAs criticize an article that was pro-chivalry, calling its author a feminist. It’s quite telling when their definition of “feminism” includes things that are specifically antithetical to feminism.

grumpycatisagirl

Who the heck ever described Phyllis Schlafly as a feminist?

Bostonian
Bostonian

Oh good someone chimed in with the VULVA correction before I could!

Argenti Aertheri

dlouwe, this isn’t directed at you so much as musing aloud, so don’t take it personally ok?

I’m not really comfortable calling war antithetical to feminism, or saying that all feminists are against it. While I’d love to see an end to war, all war, and think the US’s various wars are, well, a shame on my country, I think war, as a concept, is still a necessary evil. What the Syrian gov’n is doing may constitute war crimes, but only if it’s part of a war? Point there is that violent revolution looks an awful lot like war, and there’s a world of difference between, and plenty in between, that and pre-emotive strikes.

Which leaves me with — women should be allowed in the same positions, for the same pay and benefits, as men (as should trans* people, and us non-binaries can get legal recognition and work from there)

It’s not the to die part that bothers me so much as the to kill part, and I that topic, I’m stealing a quote pecunium found years ago —

Then I saw this, Neil Gaiman discussing what war is. He quotes Stephen Fry, elaborating Bertrand Russell. Because it is so worth reading, I will quote it too.

Bertrand Russell, the great philosopher and mathematician, got into terrible trouble by writing quite fearsome articles against the first World War when it began. He got all these letters from people who said, “My child is prepared to lay down their life for their country. Don’t you think that sacrifice demands some respect?” He wrote this extraordinary essay in which he said, “Don’t you understand? The sacrifice we’re asking of our young is not that they die for their country, but that they kill for their country.” That’s the sacrifice. To ask a child to kill someone else, whom you’ve never met. That’s a moral choice, pulling a trigger. Having a bullet hit you is not a moral choice. You don’t decide to be killed. It’s a terrible thing that happens to you. But killing something is something you do and that’s a desperate sacrifice. And we’re seeing that in the Iraq war. That’s what this poor Lynndie England did, this tragic soldier who was shot smugly smiling next to naked Arab prisoners. That’s the chickens coming home to roost. It’s not Americans being asked to die by President Bush. It’s Americans being asked to kill and to torture. Not necessarily by name. He doesn’t say, “I want you to kill this or that one.” Of course, politics isn’t that simple. Essentially that is what society does. It asks its young to kill, and that’s what we all have to live with.

Not going to bother with the link on “saw this” as the original source is long dead, that’s from 2004, but applies. (Pecunium — 9/24/2004 if you’re curious, I don’t want to link as you’ve got your full name on there)

Argenti Aertheri

Formatting fail. The first couple lines is pecunium, the rest is Gaiman quoting Fry.

I’m quoting a quote of a quote of a quote. Meta.

Argenti Aertheri

Er, one less “of a quote”. And I will now stop spamming the thread.

Karalora
Karalora

It’s because in their heads, “feminism” is anything that, in their perception, advantages women (and therefore disadvantages men, because they see the world as a zero-sum game). A man who holds a door or pulls out a chair for a woman is doing (a trivial amount of) extra work so that a woman can do that much less, and therefore that’s “feminism.”

Once you realize this, you understand why they are so adamant that feminists never care about the suffering of men. As soon as someone starts to care about men, MRAs cease to see this person as feminist. It’s a neat bit of circular reasoning.

Jim Rustler

Oh look, comments even suggesting that there is another side to the issue/is dissent are being completely removed/hidden while those who have no desire to confront said people proceed to complain and make false claims about MRAs.

Yay for political censorship!

kittehserf

Feminism for MRAs is women as anything other than slaves – literally, as in property. They may not say it straight out (apart from Gor-brained characters like Meller) but that’s what it comes down to.

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

@GrumpyCatIsAGirl: some MRA On reddit. She was against the ERA, hence she was fighting for female privilege hence she is a feminist. QED.

kittehserf

Being against the ERA makes her a feminist?

::head asplodes::

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

I think extreme MRAs would prefer women as property, but I think most of them are just selfish jags. I don’t know if anyone else here read ‘The Joy Luck Club’: one of the (fictional) women described had a completely “fair” marriage, where she and her husband paid exactly for what each of them used. For things they shared, they split down the middle, which was totally fair, except that she worked for her husband, and earned a fraction of what he did. I actually knew a couple who did that back in the day. She was neurotically giving, and he would have agreed with all the MRA stuff if he’d known about it. He didn’t complain about how hard it was to be a man, though. He liked being a man just fine. He just didn’t think women as a whole deserved very much.

kittehserf

A couple of years reading about MRAs here makes me disinclined to give them any benefit of the doubt. If all women were enslaved tomorrow I don’t believe for a moment any of them would say “Hey, that’s a bit much.” They’d be whining at not being issued an HB10 virgin who knew every sexual trick in the book and cater to their every whim.

Fatman
Fatman

Jim Rustler, did you mean to post that comment here? I can’t make out what it is in reference to.

grumpycatisagirl

Eh, Jim Rustler’s comment is so boring and unoriginal and nondescript that it probably doesn’t matter where he . . . I’m sorry . . . yawn . . .

kittehserf

Political censorship?

Damn, Dave, he’s on to you! Your secret job as Gummint Censor of All Things Menz Sez is revealed!

Fuuuuuck the troll quality is bad these days.

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

I want my freeze peach! By which I mean, a delicious, fruity dessert!

kittehserf

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Someone explain to me how that translates to “No citizen of the US or any other country shall disagree with, refute, comment on or mock anything said by an MRA, regardless of how fuckwitted it is.”

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

Men fought and died so that women could post on the Internet. And we repay them by supporting comment moderation. Misandry!

cloudiah

I think Jim Rustler is not bright enough to check around and find out that first time comments are moderated so they don’t appear immediately, and therefore assuming he’s being POLITICALLY CENSORED OMG. Dude, chill.

cloudiah

And

there is another side to the issue

To the issue of whether or not Victor Zen has any talent as a cartoonist? What is the issue being so cruelly silenced by that dictator David?

Viscaria
Viscaria

What government is David censoring for, again? Is it the One World Furrinati government? Not cool, Dave, not cool.

kittehserf

Hush, Viscaria, you know David IS the One World Furrinati Government. HE IS ALL THE CATS.

(And other critters, but y’know, cats, they get upset if they’re not mentioned first.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You can take our land, but you can’t take away our right to post comments on Twitter threatening to rape feminists!

Viscaria
Viscaria

I’m going to laugh if Jim Rustler doesn’t even bother to come back and tell us his super important opinions now that the heavy boot of political censorship has been lifted from his neck.

Blue Jean
Blue Jean

@Argenti Aertheri,

Bertrand Russell’s quote reminds me of the famous opening line from “Patton”;
“You don’t win wars by dying for your country. You win wars by making some other poor slob die for his country.”

As for Ven is concerned, I think his “Mommy Knows Best” shows some fledgling talent (for a fifth grade art student, that is.) But WTF is the baby crying? Babies cry all the time, and I doubt 98% even recognize their dads as Dad until they’re two years old or so. The kid is probably upset because that strange man is making a loud, unpleasant noise, so Mom is obviously trying to comfort Baby by taking said Baby away to a nice, quiet place for a breastfeeding and a nap.

I suppose the scene would have more impact if the crying kid was five or six, and trying to get back to Struggling Dad, but that would require a lot more talent and perspective work on Ven’s part, which Ven obviously doesn’t have. It would have even more impact if Struggling Dad was yelling “DAUGHTER!” instead of “SON!”, but Ven would never even think of such a scenario. If the kid was a girl, Struggling Dad would probably be saying “Good bye and good riddance.”

LBT
LBT

RE: Freemage

The whole focus on ‘hits’ is part of an ignorant belief that merely getting a lot of eyeballs on your site somehow directly translates to Big Internet Payoff$.

Yes, and it makes me point and laugh. YOU WISH IT WERE SO EASY, KIDDIES.

RE: Jim Rustler

Yay for political censorship!

1. This is a blog, not the freaking Senate. Censorship doesn’t mean what you think it means.

2. ALL ickle newbies get moderated. I got modded. Cloudiah got modded. EVERYONE. Stop thinking you’re special.

kittehserf

Even regulars get modded if we use words that’ve been overdone by certain trolls, or if we change our nyms.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Cloudiah

And thank you, AIT, for reminding us that you are pro-sexual assault.

Sorry, who is AIT?

@Rustled Jimmies

Are you new? This is demonstrably untrue. Check out pretty much any comment thread here with 200 or more comments, and you’ll find an MRA or some other of manospherian spewing his idiocy all over the thread. If David didn’t let you dummies comment, who would we make fun of?

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Actually reading the comment policy before commenting is misandry.

cloudiah

AIT is An Inconvenient Truth, who posted a video of a man grabbing women’s breasts. Which is now gone. Or else I responded to it on the wrong post, which is not impossible!

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — or too many links! The welcome package got put on Artistry for Feminism. And kittens. Because it got to the point that adding a kitten got it sent to the mod queue as link spam.

And I swear the blockquote limit has increased, but that may be perception.

Oh gods back when I first delurked! I was nervous and afraid I’d say the wrong thing and shit. And in no time flat pecunium, VoIP and I were discussing white supremicists (what ever happened to VoIP anyways?)

So nervous lurkers, come play! We’re nicer than we may seem (or maybe I’m just extra nervous, I mean, anxiety disorder)

——

Blue Jean — while the two quotes are getting at the same thing, I’ve never liked the Patton one. I think I’ve figured out why, it’s the difference between dying and killing — dying is a passive act, killing an active one. That other “poor sap” doesn’t just fall over dead, someone’s killed him. Which, yeah “making the other poor sap” puts it back as an active thing, but it still feels like it dances around the issue. And idk, it is a war movie, maybe it’s meant to, maybe the circumlocution helps get soldiers to shoot (or shoot back, or whatever). But as a quote outside movie land? Not terribly fond of it.

That’s in no way a judgement of you, wasn’t really until I saw pecunium’s post that it clicked what my issue with that Patton quote is.

Now, back to my vampire game where I have some poor saps to make die for their god (inquisition style vampire hunters, VtM:B, Bach, melee player, I hate endgame)

kittehserf

cloudiah – I was wondering who AIT was, too. Hopefully the little skeeve’s video is gone; I haven’t seen it elsewhere. Sometimes I think these cretinous trolls aren’t really satisfied (happy is too strong a word) until they get banned. They pretend they’re such noble fellows, but you don’t even have to scratch the surface to see what they’re really like.

DLColvin (llothcat)

These comics.. Awful. Just as da da as an earlier posting. I guess I could say that they’re just bizarre.

LBT
LBT

An Inconvenient Truth is Preggo Punchout, right? I swear, the number of socks, I get them mixed up…

kittehserf

I think Fact Finder was Preggo Punchout. Almost indistinguishable from Incontinent Twitass, though.

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — I think David said he wasn’t, amazingly.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

kittehserf:

Inconvenient Truth is Fact Finder’s sock, if I recall.