a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? artistry boner rage disgusting women evil sexy ladies evil women false accusations I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert manginas mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA vaginas

The Cartoon Artistry of Victor Zen, Men’s Human Rights Activist Human

logicVictor

I think I have a new favorite MRA. Sorry, this one’s an MHRA, because he spends all his time hanging out on A Voice for Human Men. (Oh, it’s still just A Voice for Men? Then Why did they put that H for “Human” in that other acronym?)

Anyway, his name is Victor Zen. And according to Victor’s MHRA Resume — and yes he really does have one — he is quite an awesome MHRA, I mean, just consider these accomplishments:

AVFM Forum Moderator (4/7/2013-7/1/2013)

• Enforced AVFM policy in the AVFM forums
  • Maintained unity in MHRA community
  • Encouraged peaceful online activism

I mean, it totally sounds like he was one kickass AVFM policy-enforcing, MHRA-unity-maintaining, peaceful online activism encouraging moderator for nearly three months!

If I were hiring any MHRAs, I would definitely put Victor Zen’s MHResume (see what I did there) at the top of the virtual pile.

Oh, but that’s not all! Since then, Victor has been doing a bang-up job as AVFM Backup System Administrator, which I assume means he system administrates the hell out of AVFM whenever it backs itself into a corner, which it sort of does pretty much all of the time. (I think. I’m not really up on these sorts of technical things.)

But that’s not the part of Victor’s MHResume I want to celebrate today. For if you scroll down to the bottom you will find a list of his real accomplishments:

• First day as MHRA: December 5th, 2012
  • Posters designed: 8
  • Videos produced: 38
  • Cartoons drawn: 18
  • Articles written:  27
  • YT Subscribers: 120+

Woah, woah, what’s that about cartoons?

That’s right, he drew EIGHTEEN MOTHERFUCKING CARTOONS. Not eight. Not eighty. EIGHTEEN.

That cartoon at the top of this post. That’s just a taste of just ONE of these EIGHTEEN cartoons.

You can can see the loving craftmanship — sorry, craftsMANship — he brings to the task.

Let’s take a look at the rest of them, which have been helpfully posted for us in a bunch of AVFM forum threads and on his own site.  Be prepared for some violence and maybe a teensy bit of hate, because the TRUTH IS NOT PRETTY. Also, neither is his terrible drawing style.

Also, one of the cartoons features a talking vagina.

Here you can see the ironic conclusion to the story started in the two frames above, as well as an assortment of other cartoons posted under the heading Victor.Zen On Absurdity via Inequality.

And here is Victor.Zen On the MHRA’s Enemy.

And Victor.Zen On the Screech of Feminism.

And wait there’s more!

Victor has posted some of his favorites on his own site as well. (He starts with the vagina one; apparently he’s quite proud of his passing familiarity with that sexual organ.)

He’s got posters, too.

As well as an explanation for why the word “mangina” is totally not misogynistic, just like a simple descriptive term with no misogynistic overtones that means a dude who’s, you know, a “philogynic misandrist.”

A Phil a who now?

entropistanon

@katz: Thank you for the best comic ever. *Favorited!

Everyone remember that it was written by Myoo!

ivyshoots

David, I’d swear they confuse you with Michael Moore. I guess you could do worse.

entropistanon

@katz: Will do. Thanks to Myoo too!

@David Futrelle: It’s probably because they can’t visually distinguish characters from one another except by adding little accessory details. I don’t know how else to tell any of the characters apart in the comics by Mr. Zen anyway…

grumpycatisagirl

Katz and Myoo have the mad talentz!

Myoo
Myoo

@katz
That’s great, love the little federation logo tattoo.

Ally S

LOL mangina isn’t misogynistic? Keep dreaming, buddy. Words mean whatever you want them to mean!

Ally S

David, I think you missed the best one!

PFFFT wtf? MRAs are masters at silly poster making.

cloudiah

Myoo & Katz make an awesome team. katz, did you see that lowquacks also submitted a potential Pierre script?

LBT
LBT

RE: kirbywarp

People think “traffic” equals “popularity,” and you only become popular if you’re doing something correct, and “there’s no such thing as bad press.” Either that or it’s just a cheap defense mechanism against insult one learns in grade school. “Oh yeah, well I actually like the bad attention, so there!”

Yeah, but speaking as someone who’s lately relied on my online presence for survival money, that’s horseshit. I have a bit of a name for myself in a very narrow sector (the online multi scene), but that’s not where my money comes from. Popularity != follow through. And just because I’m getting pageviews doesn’t mean I’m popular; some dumbass reblogged me on tumblr and got me a handful of trolls and random passerby. Just because they sent me looks didn’t mean I made an IMPRESSION.

I realize you know all this already, it’s just something I encounteer all the time and it really bugs me!

Michael Søndberg Olsen

LBT, I haven’t forgotten my pledge to donate to you. It’s almost payday. Should I just donate via the donation thingie on your immediate page, or is there some other place that would be better?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

The thing about stick figure cartoons: if you can’t draw, then your dialogue, situations, amd characters had better be extra witty and engaging. Otherwise it just comes across as angry, incoherent scribbling.

For instance, a lot of the characters don’t have arms. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how the coal miner could work without arms. Then I decided he must be on disability, suckling from the nanny-welfare-military-abortion complex.

kittehserf

Does this twit fancy he’s the MRM’s answer to xkcd? Hate to disappoint him, but … no.

LBT
LBT

RE: Michael Søndberg Olsen

The donation thingie on my immediate page is just fine. I know it’s you, so it won’t cause a problem. Is there any specific writing you’d like to sponsor, or shall I send it to the general slush fund?

Walter
Walter

I would quite enjoy the MRA/MGTOW movement if they focused on issues men have in society or the joys of single life, instead of talking about how women are evil.

M Dubz
M Dubz

Also, in regards to the Manboobz comic, they do realize that a good number or our regulars are men, right?

Michael Søndberg Olsen

LBT, anywho and how is up to you.

M Dubz
M Dubz

@Buttercup- Some of my favorite comics are stick figure/ very simple art (Dinosaur Comics and xkcd spring to mind). And for those, the ideas and writing have to be very sharp. Which this guy isn’t.

kittehserf

Oh, but they’re manginas, not Real Dudebros™. They don’t count.

Michael Søndberg Olsen

By the way, this blog really has a far reach. I made a new friend today, a young Persian guy contacted me, whose profile pic on Facebook is the one of Dave as a kid on this blog. The internet is weird.

LBT
LBT

RE: Michael Sondberg Olsen

Thanks! I appreciate this greatly.

RE: stick figure comics

I’ve enjoyed stick figure and cut-and-paste comics in the past. (MATT FEAZEL! King of the stick figure!) But yes, you generally require wit, good story, or something else to keep them going. This guy has none.

sarahlizhousespous

“This guy has none.”

What?!?! He has feminism portrayed as a pair of lips on a gigantic head with a mod pony tail! That’s artistry at its finest! 😀

Michael Søndberg Olsen

And no, that wasn’t a weird joke. I actually got friended from a guy in Iran, who likes the blog.

Magpie

katz, did you see that lowquacks also submitted a potential Pierre script?

I did! It was good but this one was just more fun to draw. (I’m also messing around with new inking methods.) Everyone is reminded that, if you don’t want a comic or idea to get lost in the shuffle, you should post it/link to it in the Pierre forum thread so I can find it easily next time I’m looking for a script to draw.

The average Stoic Sophist of today
The average Stoic Sophist of today

I like that “We Are From Earth” poster, I agree with the sentiment entirely.

Maybe someone should discreetly tap VZ on the shoulder and let him know that “Men Are From Mars” is not a feminist manifesto, and in fact many feminists think it’s a bunch of gender essentialist bullshit.

Bronas Salk
Bronas Salk

Has anyone read the comments section under these scribbles? There are people who seem to unironically appreciate this tripe.

LadySunami
LadySunami

The MRA crowd’s complaints remind me of what I call the traffic light phenomena. When I was younger I noticed that whenever my parents were in a rush to drive somewhere and woud run into more then two or three red lights, they’d swear afterward that every single light they came upon durring said trip was red. I started to pay more attention to the traffic lights when I was being driven around, to see if this observation was true. Needless to say, it was not. Sure some trips would have more red lights, some more green, but being in a rush had no effect on the actual number of red lights, only how likely it was my parents would insist they hit every one (And no, they never did hit every red light. Unless there was only one or two lights between point A and point B.)

My point is, many MRA men (and women) seem to be in a perpetually frustrated state that has them seeing only stupid or unreasonable “feminists” while ignoring all the perfect reasonable ones they’ve ever come across. Just like my parents never noticed the green lights, as they didn’t interrupt their passage, so MRA folks don’t notice when feminists are actually supporting them on issues. There are plenty of feminists working for father’s rights, protecting male rape victims, objecting to male cercumcision, fighting for workers compensation in dangerous jobs, supporting women in combat, etc. but I honestly don’t think MRAs noice them. They only see those feminists that either don’t see these issues as equally important or outright object to equality in some spheres. (There are asshole feminists after all. No group is asshole free.)

The comic showing men being killed on a battlefield with no comment from women just really hit me. Liberalism is strongly tied not only with feminism but also with antiwar sentiment. The idea we don’t care about war deaths is just bizzare. Why then is that assumption so natural to the MRA? It definitely shows a blindness on their part.

Mongoose
Mongoose

Ladysunami, that is so well-said, I want to copy it and keep it and paste it to every one of my anti-feminist friends. It’s confirmation bias.
What I find most annoying about this is the double standards. Some Christians are douchebags. Some Atheists are douchebags. Some Anthropologists are douchebags. But those things are still judged by their own mission statement, their basic belief (in the case of the first one at least). Feminism is almost always judged by “My housemate was a feminist and she told me all men are rapists!” or “All the blogs I read are so condescending towards men like we have nothing to say on the matter.”

As for Victor Zen, those do look like the scribblings of a twelve-year-old with an attention span too short to pay attention in maths class.

baileyrenee

Good lord. These are terrible. So terrible I think I love them. I’m debating changing my icon to one of those megaphone-mouth women or one of those eyeless, big-lipped ladies (Maybe the one barfing). My kitty is so cute though, it’s a tough call.

On an unrelated note I REALLY need to stop getting into the comment sections on YouTube. Arguing on there about feminism (about anything really, but especially feminism) is fucking pointless…

The average Stoic Sophist of today
The average Stoic Sophist of today

Youtube comment sections are a bottomless pit of vileness and hatred. Only look if you’re in a mood to laugh at how terrible people can be, otherwise it’ll just suck out bits of your soul.

As a middle schooler who drew an epic flip book of stick-figure ninjas fighting in the corner of my math book, I resent this statement.

baileyrenee

Stoic, they really are. I’ve been browsing YouTube for years and I swear this shit just snuck up on me. I never remember it being this bad, maybe I never noticed it before or something, but it really seems like in the last year or two every asshole with a computer on the planet signed up.

kittehserf

As a twelve-year-old who celebrated Charles I’s birthday by drawing a full-colour pic of a cavalier during that day’s history class*, I too resent that statement!

*totally unrelated to 17th century history, alas

Mongoose
Mongoose

Sorry. I didn’t mean to diss kids’ doodles. I guess I could’ve phrased that better.

kittehserf

No worries from me. 🙂

daintydougal
daintydougal

I’ve had a revelation. I thought their constant refrain of ‘gina tingles’ (ew) was them just being horrible mixed with their fear and repulsion of women. Then I thought about how basically everything is a massive projection and realised it probably has to do with creating a female version of ‘thinking with your d*ck’.
If there are any insults aimed at men (even if predominately spouted by themselves) they HAVE to find a version for women. Hmmmmm.

Neurite
Neurite

baileyrenee & stoic, yup:

And also:

Which actually led to:

Not that it helped, alas.

lowquacks
lowquacks

To be fair, the vagina probably looks sliiiiiightly more like a vagina than the people look like people.

SredniVashtar
SredniVashtar

@daintydougal: yeah, the ‘gina tingles’ thing is pretty irksome – it allows them to translate ‘women want a man who they feel sexual desire for’ into ‘women want a man who gives them gina tinglezzzz haha dumb bitches, sexual attraction should only be important to the male in the interaction, i want HB8s but i don’t want to work out or take care of my appearance cause that’s just white-knight pandering to the gina tingles’.

pretty ironic since they thing we denigrate male sexual desire as bestial or pathetic (which obviously the majority of feminists don’t), and then they turn around and debase female sexual desire in the exact same way.

kiki
kiki

Hey, thanks for the traffic!

No problem! Thanks for the guided tour around the lowest sub-basement of human idiocy!

Jack Graham

Somebody responds to the cartoons by saying “these would be funnier if they weren’t true”. And he’s right. They are funnier because they’re not true.

Belle D (@belledame222)

Why do they always draw me wearing a baseball cap? I haven’t worn a baseball cap since I was maybe 12, and even then infrequently.

I think they think you’re Michael Moore.

cloudiah

Jack Graham, good catch!

informash12358
informash12358

Is it just me, or does elementary school “Megafem” (their name, not mine) look kind of adorable? ( http://i.imgur.com/HznahJ9.gif ) Like, I could totally imagine that appearing in some sort of humorous absurdist webcomic. Unwinder’s Tall Comics, maybe.

… or maybe I am not getting enough sleep. It’s possible.

Amnesia
Amnesia

@katz

You too? *my stick-figure ninjas fistbump your ninjas, then fade into the darkness*

inurashii
inurashii

Dave, I think you meant ‘craftsmanhumaniship’

talacaris
talacaris

“So his study was on whether the ability to recognise and act on cognitive dissonance has been evolutionarily selected for.”

Good question. I think cognitive dissonance is the normal mode of operation in the human mind, not the exception, so I guess that if evolutionary selection, the ability to have cognitive dissonance has been selected for (or maybe to recognize and to decide to not act on it)

freemage

The whole focus on ‘hits’ is part of an ignorant belief that merely getting a lot of eyeballs on your site somehow directly translates to Big Internet Payoff$. It’s also used in attempts to undermine someone’s position–Freethought Blogs, for instance, regularly gets derided for posting about feminism in order ‘to get pageviews’. Frankly, even advertisers rarely focus on pageviews these days–clickthroughs, yes, but that’s a different beast entirely.