a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? artistry boner rage disgusting women evil sexy ladies evil women false accusations I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert manginas mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA vaginas

The Cartoon Artistry of Victor Zen, Men’s Human Rights Activist Human

logicVictor

I think I have a new favorite MRA. Sorry, this one’s an MHRA, because he spends all his time hanging out on A Voice for Human Men. (Oh, it’s still just A Voice for Men? Then Why did they put that H for “Human” in that other acronym?)

Anyway, his name is Victor Zen. And according to Victor’s MHRA Resume — and yes he really does have one — he is quite an awesome MHRA, I mean, just consider these accomplishments:

AVFM Forum Moderator (4/7/2013-7/1/2013)

• Enforced AVFM policy in the AVFM forums
  • Maintained unity in MHRA community
  • Encouraged peaceful online activism

I mean, it totally sounds like he was one kickass AVFM policy-enforcing, MHRA-unity-maintaining, peaceful online activism encouraging moderator for nearly three months!

If I were hiring any MHRAs, I would definitely put Victor Zen’s MHResume (see what I did there) at the top of the virtual pile.

Oh, but that’s not all! Since then, Victor has been doing a bang-up job as AVFM Backup System Administrator, which I assume means he system administrates the hell out of AVFM whenever it backs itself into a corner, which it sort of does pretty much all of the time. (I think. I’m not really up on these sorts of technical things.)

But that’s not the part of Victor’s MHResume I want to celebrate today. For if you scroll down to the bottom you will find a list of his real accomplishments:

• First day as MHRA: December 5th, 2012
  • Posters designed: 8
  • Videos produced: 38
  • Cartoons drawn: 18
  • Articles written:  27
  • YT Subscribers: 120+

Woah, woah, what’s that about cartoons?

That’s right, he drew EIGHTEEN MOTHERFUCKING CARTOONS. Not eight. Not eighty. EIGHTEEN.

That cartoon at the top of this post. That’s just a taste of just ONE of these EIGHTEEN cartoons.

You can can see the loving craftmanship — sorry, craftsMANship — he brings to the task.

Let’s take a look at the rest of them, which have been helpfully posted for us in a bunch of AVFM forum threads and on his own site.  Be prepared for some violence and maybe a teensy bit of hate, because the TRUTH IS NOT PRETTY. Also, neither is his terrible drawing style.

Also, one of the cartoons features a talking vagina.

Here you can see the ironic conclusion to the story started in the two frames above, as well as an assortment of other cartoons posted under the heading Victor.Zen On Absurdity via Inequality.

And here is Victor.Zen On the MHRA’s Enemy.

And Victor.Zen On the Screech of Feminism.

And wait there’s more!

Victor has posted some of his favorites on his own site as well. (He starts with the vagina one; apparently he’s quite proud of his passing familiarity with that sexual organ.)

He’s got posters, too.

As well as an explanation for why the word “mangina” is totally not misogynistic, just like a simple descriptive term with no misogynistic overtones that means a dude who’s, you know, a “philogynic misandrist.”

A Phil a who now?

freemage

And now I must go pluck out my eyes and dip them in bleach. Thanks, David!

pecunium

The link to his site repeats one to an AVFM post.

8 posters since last December? Artistry for Feminism and Kittens is kicking his ass. And, yuppers, I’ve drawn a hell of a lot more than 18 cartoons, and mine were full pages in color with real inking and lettering.

cloudiah

The text of the talking vagina one:

In exchange for your financial future and personal sanity, I will make you feel tingly and respected for 10 minutes.

We got a deal?

That is a really unusual way to talk about sex.

sarahlizhousespouse

Isn’t VictorZen the skidmark who said he wouldn’t help a child if that child was a girl because she might one day grow up to become a Feminist?

augochlorella

I’m so glad you found these, David. They are amazing.

I’m not exactly great at drawing comics, but these actually look like the comic doodles I used to do in fifth grade. And can we talk about whatever is happening with the arms on that lady holding the baby?

I have to say that he’s actually spot on with the PUA one, though.

entropistanon

I can’t even tell what’s going on in most of these. Is it my inferior feminist brain that’s having trouble understanding them or his terrible drawing skills?

Karalora
Karalora

My favorite has got to be the strawman. I’ve never seen such perfect, distortion-free projection before!

hellkell
hellkell

Wow, I guess it’s good he has an outlet for his issues, but he can’t draw his way out of a bag.

cloudiah

Is there anybody new lurking? I’ve updated the welcome package with a fabulous new drawing from Dvärghundspossen.

grumpycatisagirl

I think the guy who said little girls shouldn’t be saved because they might grow up to be feminists was called Zed aka the Zen Priest. Not the same guys AFAIK.

Erica Stratton

I wandered over to his website and he links to a poster he designed “For use by my campus men’s group KSUM”. How old is this guy?

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

Well look, he proves our point — misogynists view men as “real people” and women as “Other.”

Viscaria
Viscaria

TIL feminists are terrible because we are women who talk too much, and sometimes some of the things we say aren’t about how awesome men are. Welp, I guess I will renounce feminism forever.

victorzen
victorzen

Hey, thanks for the traffic!

Viscaria
Viscaria

And of course he has a comic that is not anti-DV but rather pro-men-retaliaing-against-DV (inflicted upon them by women.) He’s not trying to find a way for abused men to escape their relationships, and he’s not advocating for men who have fought back out of self-defense. He is quite clearly voicing his support for the right to hit women as long as they hit you first. Seems a gel of a lot more like glee at the idea of women being hit than support for any male abuse victims, who probably wouldn’t benefit in the slightest.

Shaenon

I read the top cartoon as meaning that women are Japanese.

melody

I think its funny how he talks about logic and statistics in one cartoon, but ignores statistics in another when he claims that rapists get sent to jail.

Shadow
Shadow

Silly Shaenon, it obviously means that women are a secret muslim plot to instate Sharia law

Fatman
Fatman

Is he doing a Treachery of Images thing with the “We are from Earth” poster, or is that giving him too much credit?

LBT
LBT

Wow. You know, the reason I’ve never IDed as an activist is because I never felt like I had enough cred. But compared to this guy, I’m fucking AWESOME.

Also, hate to break it to you, guy, but I’m a member of the local comics round table. Eighteen half-assed strips in eight months is not that impressive.

ivyshoots

This poster is so lolwut I made it my new icon; is it hilarious enough not to need an irony alert? Also, can anyone explain the meaning of the comedy/tragedy masks with guns? I got nothin.

LBT
LBT

Ivyshoots, that would require me to stare into the abyss, and I’d rather not run the risk of it staring back.

ivyshoots

LBT you know it will. Smart move.

grumpycatisagirl

He’s reacted: http://victorzen.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/thank-you-manboobz/

And I see turned up in this thread.

moldybrehd

Did anyone else find the floating vagina creepy?

cloudiah

David, I think you missed the best one!

And hi Victor, you’re welcome for the traffic — thank YOU for creating such unintentionally hilarious posters for our amusement!

cloudiah

Ninja’d by grumpycat, except that was posted in July so it’s not actually a reaction to this blog post.

Did anyone else find the floating vagina creepy?

The question is kind of self-answering. 😀

Fatman
Fatman

Victorzen, since you are here, could you tell me, were you riffing on Magritte’s The Treachery of Images the “We are from Earth” poster?

ivyshoots

Victor, you need it. I like your blog post from July thanking David for making your “cocks swell gleefully” with all the traffic he sends you. I like the part where it has zero comments or likes. How does one handle that kind of traffic?

LBT
LBT

Ooh, I HOPE cocks don’t swell gleefully. That sounds like a nasty kind of inflammation.

But you are totally welcome to the traffic. We shall continue mocking you for advertising purposes.

(PS: guys, you should mock me next!)

grumpycatisagirl

Oh, you’re right Cloudiah. Since the date is today’s (the 28th) I momentarily forgot it wasn’t July anymore when I saw that.

cloudiah

Now now, ivyshoots, I count a whole SEVEN comments on Victor’s blog.

LBT
LBT

Also, confession to you all: I adore the fanwork, sponsorships, prompts, and other forms of activity you give my writeathons… but my genitals have no interest in this whatsoever. Because it doesn’t write the stories; I can’t get it to hold a pencil.

Sorry, y’all.

cloudiah

I’m mocking LBT right now, for producing high quality writing and graphic art at an impressive pace. Everyone should go read his fabulous fiction!

cloudiah

Why do all the AVfMers think other people are interested in the state of their penises? It’s a little over-share-y. XD

ivyshoots

cloudiah, I meant on the “Thanks, manboobz” entry, but I didn’t see any comments or likes anywhere I looked. Do I need a GPS or a bloodhound or something?

hrovitnir
hrovitnir

Ha! I don’t really do going to MRA sites *shudder*, but the top one is such a great example of how MRAs think of women. It’s really just illustrative of deep set misogyny, not some sort of witty commentary.

Myoo
Myoo

@ivyshoots

Ok, here’s what I suspect it means. One of the guns is pointing at the female symbol, and is next to the tragedy mask, while the gun pointing to the male symbol is next to the comedy mask. From that I assume the poster means that violence against women is seen as tragic while violence against men is seen as funny. I could be wrong, though.

hrovitnir
hrovitnir

And just to go OT: yesterday I did a study for a PhD student – turns out he’s an evolutionary psychologist. Cue internal side-eyes. So his study was on whether the ability to recognise and act on cognitive dissonance has been evolutionarily selected for.

I thought that was pretty legitimate, interesting, and most importantly – ironic. The mainstream of evo psych is an exercise in living with cognitive dissonance!

LBT
LBT

I admit to not quite understanding the concept that I should enjoy traffic for traffic’s sake. Traffic doesn’t put food on my table, or give me that much of a clue what people want. I get THAT from comments, fanwork, prompts, and sponsorships. (Also tables and graphs. Yes, I have little tables and graphs charting prompters, sponsors, and incomes for writetathons. It makes me feel like a mad scientist.)

Traffic just means people are looking. Which doesn’t really say much.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

Pointing that out is a bit childish and not giving a fair hearing to victorzen’s views (hah!), but I just want to point out that his avatar logo is basically a Celtic Cross with the “female” and “male” symbols sticking out. So it seems a bit neo-fascist. Which is very a propos when it comes to representing the MRM.

This is probably due entirely to the generalized lack of aesthetic and grasp of symbolism from that crowd, and not any explicit adherence to White Nationalist credo, but I still find it funny as hell.

ivyshoots

Myoo, that makes sense. So it can’t be right. 😉

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I did actually think the tradgedy/comedy mask was pretty clever, if not completely off the mark.

The rest… It’s just putting a fantasy world down on paper. Poor oh-so-reasonable guys, with your mountains of stats and calculus for some reason being shut down by a megaphone shouting “babies.” I’m sure that is a real thing that happens ever.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@LBT:

People think “traffic” equals “popularity,” and you only become popular if you’re doing something correct, and “there’s no such thing as bad press.” Either that or it’s just a cheap defense mechanism against insult one learns in grade school. “Oh yeah, well I actually like the bad attention, so there!”

augochlorella

The wording of his Manboobz comic makes it sound like the A Voice For Men store is selling women inside.

ivyshoots

augochlorella, I see what you mean. They’re suggesting the “honey badgers” prove they’re not misogynists. I notice the comic accurately quotes AVFM’s slogan, while misrepresenting manboobz’s as mocking “truth,” while accusing manboobz of a lack of “integrity!” O the irony.

augochlorella

Also, since when has David ever insulted anyone for their weight?

ivyshoots

Also, since when has David ever insulted anyone for their weight?

Given their obsession with calling women whales and manatees, it’s quite the feat of projection.

1 2 3 4