antifeminism dozens of upvotes evil women gullibility imaginary oppression misogyny oppressed men paranoia parody precious bodily fluids reddit straw feminists TROOOLLLL!!

Men’s Rights Redditors fooled again by screenshot-bearing troll, paternity fraud edition

Feminists celebrating another successful case of paternity fraud.
Feminists celebrating paternity fraud.

The fellas in the Men’s Rights subreddit are getting worked up over imaginary feminists again!

Yesterday, in a discussion of paternity fraud, a brand-new Redditor who had never posted a comment before posted a completely unsourced screenshot of what quite a few of the regulars took to be some sort of official feminist statement on paternity fraud.

ng67878

A few of the more discerning commenters suggested that the screenshot might just be satire, but others were convinced not only that it was real, but that it was the completely serious opinion of a representative feminist. As one put it, referring to the Reddit watchdogs in Shit Reddit Says,

BallsOfSorrow 28 points 7 hours ago (40|12)  This is the foundation of the hate group known as SRS. It's insane, but they're deadly serious.

Another chimed in with this:

ILoveHate 19 points 9 hours ago (21|2)  Feminism, we're all about the free shit "owed" to us now.
I took a few moments to Google some of the text in the screenshot to find out where it originated and discovered that it came from a now-defunct Tumblr blog called feminismrising.

While the blog is gone, it has left little traces of itself all over the internet, and from these traces it’s easy enough to figure out that it was a satirical/troll blog meant to parody feminism. My guess, for what it’s worth, is that that it was written by a feminist out to parody the absurd visions of evil feminism that are prevalent amongst Men’s Rightsers and other antifeminists. But who knows. The only thing that’s really clear is that it was a joke.

Proof? Well, here’s one “Q-and-A” that evidently once ran on the site:

Q: My boyfriend recently asked me if we could have sex. I tried to explain to him that asking me to have sex with him counts as sexual assault, but he couldn’t understand it that piv sex is ONLY okay if I am the one who asks for it. Can you help me try to explain why what he’s doing when he asks for sex is misogynistic?

A: It seems he doesn’t understand sexual harassment to such a degree for all intents and purposes is basically sexual assault.

This is normal; men in general don’t understand even the most basic tactful ways to approach women.

A rule of thumb is that if you can see him, hear him and feel him it’s most definitely sexual assault. Now does that mean that just because you can’t feel him it isn’t sexual assault? No. That’s just something rape culture says. Going by that line of reasoning it wouldn’t be sexual assault if you simply couldn’t feel him as you’d been administered some sort of anesthesia.

So through absurdity reduction we rule out that it’s necessary to feel him. If you can hear him, see him and you feel sexually assaulted then you have been sexually assaulted.

He’s being misogynistic for saying he doesn’t understand.

I think only a complete Men’s Rights dunderhead could fail to detect the satire here.

You can see more examples from the blog here.

Elsewhere in the same Men’s Rights subreddit discussion, helping MRAs live up to another unfortunate stereotype, this fella gets a few upvotes for his I’m-just-sayin’ semi-advocacy of vigilante justice — specifically, murdering judges:

pocketknifeMT 2 points 16 hours ago (4|3)  Well, in theory all that is needed to make it a better system is accountability. Since the legal system refuses to seriously tackle legal accountability, the shortfall can be made up by vigilante justice.  Its not ideal, but one was to kill a judge because they demonstrably fucked your life up, other judges would think twice about doing the same thing. Also, sadly, it would have to become a trend before you actually see any real movement of the needle.

Oh, Men’s Rights Redditors. You’re just awful, aren’t you?

neuroticbeagle

Marie are you still here? If so here is a unicorn hamster for you. (at first I thought it was a guinea pig- sorry.)

kittehserf

Unicorn hamster, squee!

cloudiah

THAT UNICORN HAMSTER IS THE CUTEST FUCKING THING EVER. THAT IS ALL.

Yay hamstercorn.

Another hamstercorn

Ally S

This isn’t a hamstercorn, but there’s pretty much nothing fuzzier than this Pallas’ cat.

kittehserf

Unicorn goat!

Ally, I was hoping you’d post that Pallas’ cat pic – saw it on Feministe and OMG!!!1eleventy!!

kittehserf

LOL very pissed off indeed!

Shaenon

Shaenon, I loled at the “Jesus” comment.

It would make a boss custom van.

Physically impossible – Mark lives in his sister’s spare bedroom and has not worked in 5 years. I hope it is true – if some crazy person is willing to marry him the IRS will take him down. I cant get child support but he owes the IRS tens of thousands in back taxes and interest.

This is especially fascinating since that the guys on the PUA forums have been speculating that Minter must be rich, since that’s the only reason a woman would ever marry a man.

neuroticbeagle

Maybe she’s rich? Projection, thy name is MRA.

Shaenon

The blurb about paternity fraud may or may not be genuine. I don’t know. What I know is that a British feminist (Melanie McDonagh) made a similar claim three years ago (http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Features/Focus/article183263.ece). I know it is not typical but it exists.

I don’t think McDonagh is a feminist. (Or British, but whatever.) She seems to be a conservative Irish pundit who mostly writes pieces defending the Catholic church and pushing women to have more babies. I’d be surprised if she identifies as a feminist, especially since in the piece you linked to she refers to “the feminists” as if they were an alien species. And this article about how men are the “underdog sex” could have been written by an MRA: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/5473864/Maybe-men-are-now-the-underdog-sex.html

Here’s a typical feminist reaction to the paternity fraud piece: http://jezebel.com/5349395/are-paternity-tests-anti+feminist

kittehserf

Kitteeeeeeeeeeee!

::ahem::

Mongoose
Mongoose

Yeah McDonagh is a catholic who thinks women are putting off having babies not because they want careers, but because they can’t find Mr Right. She’s also defended the pope and his cronies. She does write for the guardian and the Independent (British papers), so I’m not sure if she’s actually Irish.

Brz

“Luckily law reflects feminist thought”

No feminist would ever say that.

Although, as we can find some feminists argue seriously that cheating is rape (because sexual autonomy, bodily integrity, lack of enthusiastic consent and all that crap), I’m sure we can find at least one feminist arguing that paternity fraud is completely OK because sexual autonomy, bodily integrity and that men are so entitled and privileged that they think they have the right to control women’s bodies (like, for exemple, considering that women should ensure their enthusiastic consent before making them raise the offspring of an affair).

Brz

Argh, an affair can’t have an offspring (or maybe metaphorically, an affair can give birth to little flirts).
I meant “the fruit of an affair”.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Brz, you’re getting stupider by the day.

Brz

I’ve always been that stupid. It’s just that in the beginning, in the time of the first flutters, everything is new and fresh. It’s normal, time erodes everything.

Historophilia
Historophilia

For anyone trying to make people who compare everything to rape understand why that is wrong I say good luck. And only try it with people you know and in person.

I commented on a post made on a “Spotted” page for my University in which some eejit compared the fact that coke was expensive in the campus shop to rape. I said that was wrong etc. and why, and the admin of the page told me to “pipe down” and some other randomer asked me what I was wearing.

Yeah that was weird.

In other news, I found out that one of the guys who set up the Men’s Right’s Facebook page in response to my Feminist Society at University and made loads of posts about me is either a rapist or is a predator who will rape someone.

historophilia
historophilia

Sorry I really should have put a trigger warning on that last post.

Falconer

Brz, you’re getting stupider by the day.

Il a également oublié d’être français.

Brz

It’s nice to see that Falconer is now able to write a short sentence in French correctly.

hellkell
hellkell

Brz: fuck off. Like you would know correct French.

Brz

Of course I know correct French.
For exemple, “ces mots doux que vous avez adressés à mon égard m’invitent à vous proposer très solennellement d’aller vous faire empapaouter chez les grecs Madame, avec l’expression de mes sentiments les moins distingués, etc…”, is a correct French sentence.

Marie
Marie

@kittehs

Blue flowers up and down the side sounds fancy to me! 🙂

Then I guess it is fancy 😀 I just didn’t know what to say b/c it wasn’t very expensive XD (for some reason I always assume fancy stuff is expensive.)

@viscaria

We had another Marie for a bit and she was terrible and you are way better.

Oh no was a troll slandering my awesome name! 😮

What’s Erwan’s shtick, I can’t think in the morning. Is it praternity fraud? (going by context).

@neuroticbeagle

Awww, unicorn hamster is the cutest thing every! 😀

@kittehs

Unicorn goat!

That looks evil 😮

misery
misery

In many countries it’s the norm to refer to it as ‘seed’, I guess it’s archaic but it seems harmless to me. You’d have to speak to an audience of toddlers unaware of basic biology to exploit this usage.

And you’d think that MRA’s would have been burned by fake stories before and would be more careful this time around. Guess not. (now which is the irrational gender again??)

pecunium

It’s not harmless. Seed is a complete thing. One puts it in the ground and it grows. It can be grown (for a bit) with nothing but water. It pus the woman in the passive role of receptacle of his fertility: an incubator.

Falconer

« Ta tête est faite de fromage » est également une phrase française correcte.

Anyway, it’s not your French that gives you away — it’s your inconsistently poor English.

And « ne … jamais » is proper French, Mr. Ne … Pas Jamais.

Brz

It depends, “je n’ai jamais pu supporter les cons” is correct but il est [sic] jamais français” doesn’t mean anything.

bekabot

This is a screenshot which could only be legit in a world in which George Zimmerman pulls people out of burning cars.

YMMV…

Falconer

I dropped the “ne” because I was being informal.

Do you think the entirety of l’Hexagone took Mrs. Fritts’ 10th grade French class?

Falconer

What am I doing? This is an internet pissing contest over French grammar. With wikipedia and translator websites one click away, the outcome doesn’t mean anything.

So go insérez ta tête dans un porc, Brz. You’re still not French.

Brz

The problem isn’t the missing “ne”, it’s the tense of the verb : I suppose you wanted to say il n’a jamais été français.
You can’t say il n’est jamais français just like you can’t say you’re never French, that doesn’t mean anything.

Podkayne

Well, I’m a native French speaker who never heard ’empapaouter’ until today. Of course, in my culture swearing tends to use forms borrowed from the Roman Catholic cult and insults tend to require the word ‘marde’.

Argenti Aertheri

*hangs ikea bed canopy* there, hopefully that’ll keep the mosquitoes out (of course my beetles seem to have stopped the day after I bought it >.< )

Brz

“marde”? like in “tabernacle de criss de maaarde? You’re from Québec?

Empapaouter is old but nice, va te faire gamahucher le cul is also nice.

LBT
LBT

Oh lord, Brz is nattering on about French now. I’ma just go back to MSTing Cockrub Warriors of Mars now; it’s way less mindnumbing.

Also, reading the tumblr stupid just breaks my brain. I do believe it’s too dumb to be true, but goddamn, the way tumblr can be sometimes, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Myoo
Myoo

@Brz

You continue to be wrong in every way. From that link:

When we swapped information about our sexual histories, it was clear that he’d had far more partners than I, but he assured me that all of his promiscuous behavior had ended immediately after college. He also declared that while he might have been promiscuous in the past, he was always “safe” because he valued his own health and the health of others.

We didn’t officially consummate the relationship until about a month had passed, but, as I came to find out about fifteen months later, he had begun drinking, doing drugs, and having frequent and unprotected sex with other people behind my back almost immediately afterward. He put a great deal of effort into keeping me unaware of all of this behavior. […]

In the midst of all of his secretive drinking, drugging, and cheating, he would repeatedly coax me into have unprotected sex with him. He used his clean bill of health and our monogamous status to persuade me to do this, and occasionally his arguments would work, and I would concede. He pushed for unprotected sex even while knowing that he was putting me at risk for the contraction of countless diseases. He was exposing me not only to all of the people with whom he was having unprotected sex—some of them fellow addicts and alcoholics—but also that he was exposing me to all of the people with whom they were having sex.

[…] when I got my test results back, I felt it my moral obligation to alert both of these women about their potential exposure to the high-risk HPV William had given me. The fact that he didn’t give me something even worse was only luck; […]

Tl;Dr: So, the guy lied to her about being monogamous and routinely had unprotected sex with other people, and then coerced her into having unprotected sex by lying, and as a result she got an STI. If you can’t see how that is bad then you are a complete asshole.

pecunium

Au contraire, mon ami. You are never French is a complete thought. It might benefit from further explication, but contextually it’s not needed.

It’s also, from the available evidence, true of you.

guffaw-ferrets
guffaw-ferrets

OMG! You guise! In line with the “seed” discussion … seed stealing iz real! I LITERALLY had my seed stolen just the other day!!

You see, I put my (avocado) seed (which had begun to sprout into a tiny tree!) into a pot (full of soil) and placed it on my fire escape (thinking it would get some sun and maybe a little light rain). The next morning, when I went to check on it, my seed was GONE! A bird or squirrel, but probably a feminist, had STOLEN MY SEED IN THE NIGHT!! Exactly the way baby-hungry women steal condoms from innocent men’s trash!
SEE?? The MRAs were RIGHT ALL ALONG.

Except for how I, unlike an MRA, was looking forward to the seed growing so I could take responsibility for it. And a lot of other details, like basically all of them. Details, okay, who needs ’em?

Really I just hope my seed made a tasty snack for whatever bird or beastie took it.

And this is, to me, the only context in which talking about “seed” is not antiquated at best, horrifying at worst, and (when MRAS use it) often both at once.

dustydeste
dustydeste

I feel your pain, guffaw-ferrets! Seed theft is the worst! Last year I had some awful seed-pigeons flock onto my balcony and the stole my ghost pepper seeds which I had just planted! And they put them in their bodies!

Luckily, being ghost pepper seeds, they were like hot sauce so the feminist pigeons aren’t getting any seedling support from me! Dodged a bullet there…

You doused your avocado seed in hot sauce before leaving it out on the fire escape where any baby-plant-hungry feminist critters could get to it, right?! Because otherwise you could find yourself being fined 2000% of your income to buy bonbons and scented fucking candles for whatever feminist raccoon pitjacked your seed!

dustydeste
dustydeste

… I accidentally a word; seed-pigeons should be seed-hungry pigeons…

Marie
Marie

@guffaw-ferrets

Those dang feminists! Stealing your hard earned potential avocados!!!!!!!eleven!!!11

@Myoo

I am indeed a complete and unrepentant asshole but I recognize, though, that women have the Right, because they’re terribly oppressed by The Patriarchy, to call “rape” every wrong a man can do to them and as I try to challenge my original sin of having The Male Privilege, I’ll try to convince myself that if I can feel bad sometimes because I’ve been cheated on, it’s because I’m entitled and whiny, as all men who haven’t fully acknowledged their male privilege are.
Do I get it right now?

Ally S

-______-

Alice
Alice

“I am indeed a complete and unrepentant asshole but I recognize, though, that women have the Right, because they’re terribly oppressed by The Patriarchy, to call “rape” every wrong a man can do to them.”

No. Everything is not rape. Rape is rape.

“…and as I try to challenge my original sin of having The Male Privilege,”

Ummm…ok.

“I’ll try to convince myself that if I can feel bad sometimes because I’ve been cheated on,”

It is acceptable to feel bad when you have been cheated on. Not sure why don’t know that.

“…it’s because I’m entitled and whiny, as all men who haven’t fully acknowledged their male privilege are.”

I don’t think you know what male privilege means. Maybe look up entitled and whiny while you’re at it.

“Do I get it right now?”

Apparently not. But nice try. 2/10