antifeminism dozens of upvotes evil women gullibility imaginary oppression misogyny oppressed men paranoia parody precious bodily fluids reddit straw feminists TROOOLLLL!!

Men’s Rights Redditors fooled again by screenshot-bearing troll, paternity fraud edition

Feminists celebrating another successful case of paternity fraud.
Feminists celebrating paternity fraud.

The fellas in the Men’s Rights subreddit are getting worked up over imaginary feminists again!

Yesterday, in a discussion of paternity fraud, a brand-new Redditor who had never posted a comment before posted a completely unsourced screenshot of what quite a few of the regulars took to be some sort of official feminist statement on paternity fraud.

ng67878

A few of the more discerning commenters suggested that the screenshot might just be satire, but others were convinced not only that it was real, but that it was the completely serious opinion of a representative feminist. As one put it, referring to the Reddit watchdogs in Shit Reddit Says,

BallsOfSorrow 28 points 7 hours ago (40|12)  This is the foundation of the hate group known as SRS. It's insane, but they're deadly serious.

Another chimed in with this:

ILoveHate 19 points 9 hours ago (21|2)  Feminism, we're all about the free shit "owed" to us now.
I took a few moments to Google some of the text in the screenshot to find out where it originated and discovered that it came from a now-defunct Tumblr blog called feminismrising.

While the blog is gone, it has left little traces of itself all over the internet, and from these traces it’s easy enough to figure out that it was a satirical/troll blog meant to parody feminism. My guess, for what it’s worth, is that that it was written by a feminist out to parody the absurd visions of evil feminism that are prevalent amongst Men’s Rightsers and other antifeminists. But who knows. The only thing that’s really clear is that it was a joke.

Proof? Well, here’s one “Q-and-A” that evidently once ran on the site:

Q: My boyfriend recently asked me if we could have sex. I tried to explain to him that asking me to have sex with him counts as sexual assault, but he couldn’t understand it that piv sex is ONLY okay if I am the one who asks for it. Can you help me try to explain why what he’s doing when he asks for sex is misogynistic?

A: It seems he doesn’t understand sexual harassment to such a degree for all intents and purposes is basically sexual assault.

This is normal; men in general don’t understand even the most basic tactful ways to approach women.

A rule of thumb is that if you can see him, hear him and feel him it’s most definitely sexual assault. Now does that mean that just because you can’t feel him it isn’t sexual assault? No. That’s just something rape culture says. Going by that line of reasoning it wouldn’t be sexual assault if you simply couldn’t feel him as you’d been administered some sort of anesthesia.

So through absurdity reduction we rule out that it’s necessary to feel him. If you can hear him, see him and you feel sexually assaulted then you have been sexually assaulted.

He’s being misogynistic for saying he doesn’t understand.

I think only a complete Men’s Rights dunderhead could fail to detect the satire here.

You can see more examples from the blog here.

Elsewhere in the same Men’s Rights subreddit discussion, helping MRAs live up to another unfortunate stereotype, this fella gets a few upvotes for his I’m-just-sayin’ semi-advocacy of vigilante justice — specifically, murdering judges:

pocketknifeMT 2 points 16 hours ago (4|3)  Well, in theory all that is needed to make it a better system is accountability. Since the legal system refuses to seriously tackle legal accountability, the shortfall can be made up by vigilante justice.  Its not ideal, but one was to kill a judge because they demonstrably fucked your life up, other judges would think twice about doing the same thing. Also, sadly, it would have to become a trend before you actually see any real movement of the needle.

Oh, Men’s Rights Redditors. You’re just awful, aren’t you?

Alice
Alice

Totally OT but MARK MINTER is getting married. The lolz are epic.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Oh, awesome. Congratulations to both of them and may they be happy in their works.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

Falconer, in “Gibbon’s Decline and Fall”, written by misandrist extraordinaire Sheri S. Tepper, her most misogynist human male decides that “Johnny Appleseed” is a metaphor for male superiority (only the seed matters, not the soil).

So it’s happened *once*.

Shaun DarthBatman Day

(And by “soil”, he meant “woman”,)

Shaun DarthBatman Day

CassandraSays, my father was an MRA before MRA’s were a thing.
And I think I’m done spamming. Sorry.

*gathers thoughts for later posting*

hellkell
hellkell

Mazel tov to the happy couple. I give it a year.

Integral
Integral

If you wade into the actual reddit discussion, you will find some incredibly obtuse debate over whether or not sperm is the equivalant of the egg or of the womb.

I wonder how misogynists would react if they knew all (cis) men have a vestigial womb and vagina.

Shaenon

Not only is Mark Minter getting married, it’s to a single mother over the age of 30. Horrors! Or, as one of the commenters on the Roosh forum put it:

This is like having Jesus spit in your face while saying “FUCK YOU BROTHER!”

Mazel tov!

Ally S

My sister’s ex-boyfriend called my brother a mangina when my brother complained about him being rude, disrespectful of boundaries, etc. He also shows a very dismissive, contemptuous attitude towards women and is an avid Redditor. So I’m pretty sure my sister’s ex boyfriend is an MRA. At the very least, he’s a misogynistic dipshit because he broke up with her because, of all things, she forgot to get him fries from a fast food restaurant. (Yes, that was his actual reason.)

A few of my long-time acquaintances also are showing more and more sympathy towards MRA views, which is very disappointing.

Shaenon

For all that these guys talk big about women being desperate to get married and losing their “value” after their twenties while men hate commitment and get more attractive with every new wrinkle, this is how Minter defends his engagement:

I am 58 year old man. None of you know what that truly entails until you get to that point in your life. Kate is an attractive 34 year old woman, with options galore if she chose to take them.

Also, it sounds like they haven’t actually met in person yet.

What do I have to do to get an invite to this wedding?

hellkell
hellkell

I don’t know Shaenon, but I’ll totally crash it with you.

Robert
Robert

In “Eumenides”, the last play of the Oresteia, Apollo defends Orestes against the Furies. They seek his life because he killed his mother Clytemnestra. He argues that Orestes and she were not kin, relying on a biological argument – since the mother contributes nothing to the child except a fertile furrow for the father’s seed*, the Furies cannot destroy him for spilling kindred blood. Although the Furies are swayed by this argument, I remember my fellow freshmen/women in Western Civ I being less than persuaded.

*There’s that word again.

Jayem Griffin

Ohmigod, the sperm/seed debate. This was part of my project for a seminar last semester, so I’ll try to give you the abbreviated version. The MRAs here are basically subscribing to the homonucleus theory of human reproduction- basically, sperm is actually babies that just need a nice warm womb to incubate for a while and then BOOM! Person! Mothers contributed nothing else to the reproductive process. This was once on the cutting edge of scientific theory, but that was also when demons were considered the major cause of most diseases. The more things change…

Jayem Griffin

Dammit, ninja’d.

But if the Skeksis are MRAs, then feminists are literally the flip side of them! One cannot exist without the other!

Viscaria
Viscaria

If my significantly older partner (it’s no 24 year age gap but it’s still pretty eyebrow-raising) were to ever brag about our age difference with a “top that, motherfuckers!” like I was some prized lamb of his, I would be out the door in a minute.

kittehserf

Munty Minty’s 58? Good lord. I thought he was some twit in his thirties.

I wonder, how do manboobzers deal with real life people who think MRAs have legitimate points and are really just the flip side of feminists?

I’m glad to say I don’t know any. The only two men I talk to offline on a regular basis are my workmates, who’d never heard of the MRM. My boss is regularly appalled when I read stuff about the MRM to him. He’s not a feminist by any means, but that stuff leaves him torn between laughter and horror, much like most of us here. (Especially when I showed him the Big Book of Learnin’ and the Biography of Dr Christopher Pell.)

“This sounds like an elaborate troll. If a woman was really getting married, especially to a red-pill guy, there’s no way she would be bragging around and writing huge treatises on their relationship.”
^I don’t get this…

Makes perfect sense to me. If I were marrying an MRA, I sure as hell wouldn’t brag about it.

hellkell
hellkell

How am I not surprised Minty doesn’t pay child support. I wonder how his fiance–who has a kid–feels about that?

Alice
Alice

Child support is misandry! Don’t you know?????

Marie

I haven’t read the article or comments yet, but I saw a troll on tumblr and felt noglistic about this place :’) Hi guys! 😀

*goes back to skim comments.*

filo4000
filo4000

“I still think the feminismriswing blog must have been a feminist parodying MRA’s bizarre and paranoid visions of what feminism is.”

I agee, that seems exactly what I would write as a joke blog if I weren’t so lazy

Ally S

Long time, no see, Marie!

sarahlizhousespouse

@Katz

If you were to marry an MRA you’d have a manboobz intervention on your hands.

@Ally

Hi 😀 Yeah I’ve been away from lots of internet things (besides tumblr, thank the reblog button) b/c my depressions been all blaaaaa. And that makes me lazy and unmotivated. But things may be getting better? so I’ll stop whining to you guys.

I lied I didn’t check comments.

If you were to marry an MRA you’d have a manboobz intervention on your hands.

I missed something Katz is marrying an MRA! 😮 NOoooooo katz down that way lies the darkside!

kittehserf

Hi Marie, I was just thinking about you and Fade this morning! I hope your depression and stuff is getting better. How’s Fade doing, too? Missed you two onsite.

cloudiah

Hey, it’s Marie! Hi Marie!

I do have one male co-worker who’s pretty fucking cavalier about using the word rape to describe something unpleasant, which is working my last nerve. I want to tell him that no, having to do X is not equivalent to rape, shut up. It makes me too mad to say anything. Anyone have any pointers?

LBT’s suggestion was good. I also have had good luck with taking a totally deadpan approach, where I show no emotion while asking the person to explain to me how something is equivalent to rape, or slavery, or whatever. They usually end up kind of appalled at themselves, but that may be because I work with people who are basically decent human beings. YMMV.

@kittehs

😀 Hello. It may be getting better? It’d hard to tell with me :/ but it’s good to see you all again, even though I don’t know when I’ll be back more consistently. Hopefully now though 🙂

Fade says atm she is super hyper and antifeminist trolls are super hilarious. She’s been barfing them all over my tumblr dash. But over all I think fine? She’s signing up for all that college stuff. And she got a cane 🙂

@cloudiah

HI!!!! 😀 😀

If you were to marry an MRA you’d have a manboobz intervention on your hands.

One thing everyone agrees on: If you’re marrying Mark Minter, it’s time for an intervention.

Argenti Aertheri

Indeed.

Hi Marie!

(I have nothing productive to say, I’m too absorbed in fish related things)

kittehserf

Fade got a cane? Hope it’s a fancy one! 🙂

@argenti aertheri

Hi 😀 Good luck with your fish related things :3

Also: Hi, Marie!

@kittehs

Idk how fancy it is but it has little blue flowers all up and down the side.

Hi Katz 😀

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I like the “really?” approach. Oh, so you think that your football team were totally raped last weekend? Really? Oh, you didn’t mean anything bad, it’s just a metaphor? Really? If you can deliver the impression that you think someone is a complete idiot while keeping a smile on your face and raised eyebrows that approach works great, people will make complete asses of themselves trying to “explain”, and they’ll usually keep going long after someone with any sense would have just given up. The goal is to make them feel too embarrassed to do it again.

We’ve all been going “Hey, where’s Marie been? We haven’t seen her in a while.”

cloudiah

I know, I miss Marie and Fade. Glad Fade’s cane is nicely decorated.

kittehserf

Blue flowers up and down the side sounds fancy to me! 🙂

Viscaria
Viscaria

We had another Marie for a bit and she was terrible and you are way better.

kittehserf

Wasn’t that other one a Pell sock?

Argenti Aertheri

Yep. A particularly short lived one. Outed before Peltdown commenced.

I think she was. Where was that, anyway? I need to update the Book of Pell.

Erwan
Erwan

The blog is probably a satire, albeit a spot on one if you consider it was probably aimed at the Rad’fems. PIV is one of their obsessions (and code words), along with excluding and harassing trans persons.

The blurb about paternity fraud may or may not be genuine. I don’t know. What I know is that a British feminist (Melanie McDonagh) made a similar claim three years ago (http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Features/Focus/article183263.ece). I know it is not typical but it exists.

As for biology being secondary to love… sure, if i so choose and if I know beforehand the child is not mine. Otherwise it’s fraud, pure and simple, and there is no excuse for fraud

Erwan
Erwan

here is mac Donagh’s full text, one of them at least : http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/6391918/whos-the-daddy/

cloudiah

Hey fuck off, Erwan. 😀

pecunium

Oh Erwan, the wheels have come off the bus too soon. Paternity fraud as a thing, really?

As a goal? Are you that fantastically gullible?

Do you think we are.