anti-Semitism antifeminism eek tattoos evil sexy ladies evil women female beep boop homophobia imaginary oppression literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed white men PUA racism

A douchebag’s lament: Pickup Artists have failed to tame the Wild American Bitch

Apparently these women defeated the Pickup Artists. Three cheers for them!
Evil women celebrating the defeat of the Pickup Artists

Well, it’s time for a little celebration, I guess. Because I’ve just received word — straight from the Manosphere itself — that feminism has defeated Pickup Artistry in the battle for control of America.

That, at least, is the message of a blog post from our old acquaintance Firepower. On his Eradica blog, he writes sadly that “[d]espite 15 years [of PUA] Feminism still rules America – NOT men. Certainly not puas.” The problem, to poor feminism-hating Firepower?

PUA didn’t make guys “men,” it made them better dudes.  It didn’t make them smarter – it made them dumber. Such blundering strategy is not Mastery, it is Foolery; especially in a country now based on, legislated and totally ruled by females – or call this state mentality, feminine values. …

Despite PUA being a potent strategy practiced since 2000, nothing has changed.  Those many tactics to tame The Wild American Bitch failed.

In fact, Firepower argues, these Wild Bitches are ever Wilder and Bitchier than they were before Game came along.

Females – girls especially – are far worse behaved now, after “the Game Era” than they were before.

Females today, are even louder, nastier, cuntier and more tattooed.  Game was supposed to give men the upper hand.   The last time I went to “the club,” women are still the loudest, drunkest, rudest, most profane entitled Princesses Of The Universe.  It is they who became Real Men by asserting their masculine qualities of dominance, power and intimidation – not boys.  Males just smile sweetly, simper – and wipe their girl’s puke hair.

Apparently I have had something to do with all this, although I haven’t been able to figure out enough of this paragraph to understand exactly what it is I’ve done:

The extreme is evidenced in the psycho Amanda Marcotte/Manboobs FFOL wing/falange and is why I find NF such a structural part of FFOL.  Game and pua gave the deactivated, unemployed big-mouthed fatties in storage something new to fight.  It is their resurrection:  Instead of marching in parades, they march as effective Courtroom/Legal System/Government leaders.  They have no need of combat, to write picket signs and post online when they now post statutes and write law.

From earlier in the post, and by checking Firepower’s little blog glossary, I’ve been able to determine that NF is short for “Neo Feminism” and FFOL for “Five-Fingered Fist of Liberalism.” Not that this really helps clear things up much.

Also, I’m not quite sure why Firepower has picked two bloggers to be representative of some “falange” that doesn’t need to post online because it can just write laws. Or why a white dude like myself is supposed to be involved with something (the “FFOL”) that Firepower thinks is a “United Front eradicating white males.”

In the end, Firepower declares that everyone is stupid, so fuck them.

[T]he females are indeed, completely corrupted – but so are the boys.  Both classes are stupid and unworthy because they are Murkans.  No great leaders or movements are born out of slop.

Speaking of slop, the comments to Firepower’s post are a virtual cesspool not only of misogyny but of virulent racism and homophobia as well. Oh, and some old-fashioned anti-Semitism to boot. If you venture into them, prepare for every sort of slur there is, as well as for an extended discussion of whether or not PUA has made men more “faggoty.”

This is what the “White Nationalist” wing of the Manosphere sounds like when it talks amongst itself.

EDIT: Fixed a word in the penultimate graf. Should have been “virulent racism,” obviously, and it now iw.

sarahlizhousespouse

From Angry Harry link, “Essentially, the reference to women drooling over Bad Guys rather than Nice Guys hits the mark because everybody knows this to be true.”

Everybody. Everybody knows that. There is no possible disagreement. Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about women. Especially those naysayers who ARE women. They’re just ignorant of women.

Women who want feminist partners, particular male feminist partners, are really just in search of a poodle.The truth is that feminists only want a partner they can call Mr. Wiggles. There can be no mistaking this for the Truth-with-a-capital-T!

MaudeLL

@cassandrasays

That rape culture piece just made me believe in solipsism. It’s got to be all the fruit of my imagination. *moping*

Ally S

I think Angry Harry is close to Matt Forney in terms of sheer awfulness. That’s how much I hate him. There isn’t a single thing I like about Angry Harry.

MaudeLL

MRA: Outrageous! They says I probably don’t have a girlfriend! Injustice! Hm, on another topic, feminists are too ugly to be raped and need to be put in their place by a *real* man.

MRA: When feminists rebut my asstistics about rape, it’s because they secretly want to have sex with me (shit test, duh). On another topic, check out my 45 posts rebutting David Futrelle (the one where I display my English comprehension in all its glory by pointing out that he’s pro-child murder is particularly salient).

Stay consistent!

velveteenrabid

I don’t know how to do the nifty quote-y thing, so here goes…

*”especially in a country now based on, legislated and totally ruled by females – or call this state mentality, feminine values. …”*

and, then,

*”They have no need of combat, to write picket signs and post online when they now post statutes and write law.”*

Um, do these people ever read anything except Reddit? I mean, how did they miss the whole Texas fiasco followed by the fiasco in Ohio?

How did they miss the fact that some stupid male legislator wanted to restrict abortion because…”A woman’s body can shut itself down and not get pregnant if it’s REAL RAPE.”

Some days, I just don’t want to live on this planet anymore. The stupid makes my ass ache and my teeth itch.

baileyrenee
baileyrenee

Ally S

Also, in that article about David, I find it hilarious how they bring up ONE secular perspective of abortion and use that to demonize him. Because obviously people are only pro-choice because of what Peter Singer said about it.

Their bias is impressive.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yep. Normally I prefer to reject people in as kind a way as possible, because why hurt someone’s feelings? But if you get up in my face like the creepiest creep in the history of creepers, then I’m going to be as nasty as I need to be to get you to leave me the hell alone.

kittehserf

PUA didn’t make guys “men,” it made them better dudes. It didn’t make them smarter – it made them dumber. … Despite PUA being a potent strategy practiced since 2000, nothing has changed. Those many tactics to tame The Wild American Bitch failed.

So if PUA made men dumber and failed, how was it a potent strategy?

And “deviated”? Is this guy Bat Guano, rabbitting on about deviated preverts?

grumpycatisagirl

“Just a thought, fellas: Maybe the reason women seem so cunty and bitchy when you’re a PUA is because the only way to get you to leave us alone is to be a cunty bitch?”

This. Times infinity.

kittehserf

My tattoo story – aunt was saying something once about not liking tattoos, and Mum and I looked at each other and rolled up our sleeves. Mine is a picture of Louis (not that good, alas) and hers is Michael Schumacher’s logo. Aunt, who has led a somewhat sheltered life (well, she is a nun) thought we’d drawn them on with biro. ::rolls eyes::

Even better: Mum was in her seventies when we got ’em done.

AK
AK

Re: tattoos, FWIW, I don’t have a needle phobia but I’ve never really seen the needle as a needle when getting a tattoo (if that makes any sense at all). Like, I know it is a needle, but all you really see when the tattoo is being given is the gun unless you’re watching very closely. And it definitely doesn’t feel like a needle. I’m not going to pretend tattoos aren’t painful, but the pain is nothing like what you experience when giving blood, getting a vaccination or getting pierced.

And as a heavily tattooed lady, I thought PUAs liked tattooed women; I’ve certainly had to fend some off. I can never keep these guys straight.

Also, I have to ask, why does Amanda Marcotte get so much hatred? I read her pieces over on Slate and from there I know she has this “fan”base that follows her around the various sites she writes for just to hate on her. I’m pretty sure she could post about how cute kittens are and they’d find some reason to hate on her. I also notice she gets mentioned by name a lot by MRAs. Why is she singled out among all the other feminist writers? I’m mentally comparing her to Jessica Valenti or Jill Filipovic or any number of other pretty prolific feminist bloggers and wondering why Amanda seems to inspire quite so much hate.

AK
AK

Also, to be clear, I mean the pain of getting tattooed is a different sensation than those other comparisons. I’ve sat for up to 7 hours at a time for tattoos, and yeah, I’d say that hurt more than getting cartilage pierced or something. It just doesn’t feel like getting stuck with a needle.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Hey a kittehsurf, I’ve always been a bit squeemy about tattoos on my pallid freckly Celtic skin, now my treatment team is talking about nipple tattoos but I’m thinking if I have to go tattoo I’d prefer a joy division breastplate. ;-).

Anyway, I can’t stop weeping at the lack of impact that women haters have on women. Who’d have thunk it?

dariancase

Reblogged this on dariancase.

Dvärghundspossen

I think there’s something wrong with the pain receptors in my skin, because I rarely notice if I, say, happen to cut my finger with a knife when slicing veggies… or if I wear new stiff shoes I won’t feel uncomfortable or anything until I’m actually bleeding from somewhere on my feet.

I didn’t think getting tattoos hurt at all. Over the years, loads of people, on noticing my tattooed arms, have come up to me and said they’re thinking of getting one but they’re worried that it’s gonna hurt, and I’ve always told them “no worries, it doesn’t hurt at all, that’s just a myth!”. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I realized I shouldn’t be telling people this, because it’s probably just me.

baileyrenee
baileyrenee

@CassandraSays yea, exactly. I try to be as nice as possible too, I know it sucks getting rejected (I’ve been there, ouch), but when someone just REFUSES to accept that I’m not interested it’s so exhausting trying to not be rude…. And yea, if someone is just an asshole from the very beginning I’m not even going to give any shits about their feelings.

Also, all this tattoo talk makes me want to get one… There’s one I’ve always had in mind. Don’t want to covered or anything but having one small one that I really like sounds like a good idea. I have my septum pierced, and used to have the side of my nose, my eyebrow, and my marilyn done so the pain doesn’t bother me. My septum in particular felt like a punch in the face.

hellkell
hellkell

AK: I think Amanda gets the hate because she was pretty outspoken about the Duke Lacrosse case, one of the MRM’s fave hobbyhorses.

MrFancyPants
MrFancyPants

Bwaahahahaha! This reminded me of Galaxy Quest, wherein the actor who played Dr. Lazarus would wearily proclaim “by Grabthar’s hammer, you shall be avenged!”

dustydeste
dustydeste

As far as tattoos go, I’m not sure where I’ll want to put mine if/when I ever get it done. I’m kind of torn between my upper back or my right hip at the moment… it would be more generally visible on my back, but I’d rarely get to see it. I do know what I want, though, which is this celtic knot quezalcoatl, probably in blue ink… though I need to redraw it, because I screwed up the first time and put the wings on backwards, lol. Still not quite sure how I didn’t catch that until I finished it…

Also, I’m a bit worried about the whole process because I have vagal syncope, and one of my triggers is (as best as I can describe) disruption of my bodily integrity. I don’t have much of an issue with shots, since they’re so quick (though I’m always careful not to look at the needle, not because I’m afraid of it, but because I’m afraid that eventually my brain will decide that it should be a trigger, too), but I sometimes pass out if it’s something longer-lasting, like drawing blood, or larger, like putting a key most of the way through my hand, so I’m not sure what the effect of many consecutive little punctures would be.

Shaenon

feeeeeemales

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeemaaaaaaaales

My tattoo is adorable.

grumpycatisagirl

Is the blogger who wrote The Worst of David Futrelle Angry Harry or is it some other guy that Angry Harry just linked to?

AnonymousGuy
AnonymousGuy

“If you spend a lot of time at bars and the like and talk to lots of women you’re probably gonna get laid a lot, even if you’re a bit rude.”

Indeed. And one of the strangest things about PUA’s is their inability to conceive of the possibility that some women have sex with them IN SPITE of how they present themselves and not BECAUSE of it.

No man I think is unfamiliar with the sentiment “well, she’s annoying, and seems kind of dumb and maybe even a little racist but she’s pretty hot and it’s been a while, so, you know, whatever.” But PUA’s simply cannot fathom that perhaps women could have a thought like this as well.

Robert
Robert

I went to the g0yishe rape-culture site. Now there’s a sentence I never expected to type. The impression I’m getting is that they had a brief florescence in 2008, and a mere smattering since then. That, and that this Weintraub fellow has some issues around anal sex.

The idea that all anal sex is rape by definition is really disturbing, for example.

A horse of course!
A horse of course!

I’ve heard “five-fingered discount” used as a euphemism for shoplifting. Maybe the Five-Fingered Fist of MRA Malapropisms is intended to convey that liberalism is the ‘theft’ and implied redistribution of private property by a thuggish state?

Ally S

@dustydeste

Thanks for reminding me of the celtic knot style! ^_^ That’s totally my second choice for a tattoo.

M Dubz
M Dubz

@LBT- A good friend of mine had heart surgery as a child, and he plans to get a zipper on the scar. So yeah, scar tissue tattoos FTW!

@AK- I think it’s also partially because Amanda is a prolific commenter, both on her own blog and on others, and she usually has a pretty sarcastic sense of humor about it. Nothing riles the trolls more than the ladies laughing at them.

anadiomene122
anadiomene122

Yup, guys come in 0s and 1s only. There is no complexity to people at all, no indeterminacy. Just good and bad. Like how in movies there’s a good guy and a bad guy.

Yoyo
Yoyo

David, anything you say will be twisted by these fools. Most of us born in the 60-70s remember and hated the recovered memory satanic panic. It was a Salem like shame. Many of us in aus hate the face teens who send nude pics to each other end up on the sex offenders register, none of this means we are pro rape or light on child abuse!

Yoyo
Yoyo

Whoops, that’s hate the FACT teens ..etc

cloudiah

I can’t remember if it was that antifeminist blogger who inspired “Make Up Shit About Futrelle” day… Nope, that was Roscoe P. Coltrane (troll visitor).

But it was idealoguereview who tried to use it against David here.

Jessay (@jessay)

Who wants a t-shirt?

Jessay (@jessay)

(it’s all glitter text fyi)

Robert
Robert

Jessay – I immediately thought of several people who would love that shirt.

Does it come in men’s sizes?

LBT
LBT

RE: dustydeste

Actually, looking at the shape of that tattoo, it’d be a good shape for the back of your calf, or your upper arm, depending on your size.

sarahlizhousespouse

I love the silhouette on that shirt!

Jessay (@jessay)

LOL I just made it on spreadshirt in like 2 minutes. You could put it on almost any type of shirt you wanted.

M Dubz
M Dubz

@cloudiah- that was basically the best day on this site.

Cthulhu's Intern

Wait, was the Satanic Panic really that huge and that bad? Sorry, I’m too young for that. I’ve only been alive when conservative evangelical Christians didn’t have to make shit up to be completely terrified.

lowquacks
lowquacks

The last time I went to “the club,” women are still the loudest, drunkest, rudest, most profane entitled Princesses Of The Universe. It is they who became Real Men by asserting their masculine qualities of dominance, power and intimidation – not boys.

Does this dude realise that if he wants to find people of any gender not being loud, drunk, and rude, a nightclub, particularly one that you might call “the club”, probably isn’t the best place to go? Go join a church bridge club or something for that, preferably after you’ve learned how to behave yourself.

Falconer

Doesn’t stop ’em.

They want to believe they’re living in a world where the only thing standing between the Shire and Mordor is their small Band of Brothers.

I like to believe that, too, except it goes in the bag with my Players Handbook when I’m done. These guys live this stuff.

Also terrifying your flock tends to keep the donations rolling in. Sometimes it’s enough to pay for everything, but sometimes you still have to pass the hat to raise $50,000 for new rotors for your helicopter.

lowquacks
lowquacks

@Cthulu’s Intern

If the editorials and parody articles from my dad’s extensive collection of Dragon back issues are anything to go by, yes, Satanic Panic was pretty ludicrous through the ’80s and early ’90s and attached itself to just about anything that could be considered geeky or new-agey.

ashley
ashley

avfm’s paul elam wrote a new piece called “i’ll decide if you were raped, not you.” i was wondering if anybody has read it and if it actually says what it sounds like it says, because i myself can’t bear to read something that ugly.

lowquacks
lowquacks

@Falconer

Agreed. “What about the Christianz” seems to be a big deal amongst nearly all evangelical types and some Catholics too. If it isn’t Christian charities pressing for [Christian group involved in religious warfare somewhere] while ignoring the other sides or Cardinal Whatever writing in the paper about how Catholics are becoming more and more censored, it’s youth-minister-in-the-making types writing lengthy high-school capstone project thingos about how Christianity is oppressed in modern-day Australia and USA and comparing their plight to gay people who feel afraid to come out. (My high school had/has quite a progressive/left-wing bent, and was also about 65% Christian, which the dude actually mentioned in the report but apparently most of them didn’t count because they weren’t dickheads about it or did things he didn’t like.)

Argenti Aertheri

You’re making me miss my “Christians should build schools” youth group. I’d have totally gone to Haiti on one of those build-a-school trips, but my father decided it was too dangerous (to him, leaving the house is too dangerous)

Pecunium — yeah, I have my mother’s okay, and am not telling him until he can’t stop me. He isn’t going to be pleased. But he never is. (Email me your schedule! 😛 )

Cthulhu's Intern

Oh, speaking of which, the college I’m going to (a Catholic college run by nuns) just did something I actually like: They got a rather controversial Austrian priest to speak. He’s somewhat of a rebel priest who supports things like gay marriage within the church and allowing women to be ordained into priesthood. What’s more is that they did this in spite of the fact that the archdiocese of Philadelphia barred him from speaking in any Catholic institution within their area.
Now granted, they didn’t announce it on their website that he’s speaking, but still. Made me pretty happy for that amount of dialogue.

cloudiah

@ashley, It’s one of Paul Elam’s patented “I am going to type a bunch of terrible, hateful shit with a gigantic rage-boner for 70 paragraphs, and then tack on a few words at the end about how it is all satire.” Basically a way to write a bunch of bigoted crap he really believes and then weasel out of it at the end.

r/mensrights loves it, of course.

M Dubz
M Dubz

@Cthulu- I did not realize you were in the Philly area. Have you heard about them issuing same sex marriage licences in Montgomery County?