anti-Semitism antifeminism eek tattoos evil sexy ladies evil women female beep boop homophobia imaginary oppression literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed white men PUA racism

A douchebag’s lament: Pickup Artists have failed to tame the Wild American Bitch

Apparently these women defeated the Pickup Artists. Three cheers for them!
Evil women celebrating the defeat of the Pickup Artists

Well, it’s time for a little celebration, I guess. Because I’ve just received word — straight from the Manosphere itself — that feminism has defeated Pickup Artistry in the battle for control of America.

That, at least, is the message of a blog post from our old acquaintance Firepower. On his Eradica blog, he writes sadly that “[d]espite 15 years [of PUA] Feminism still rules America – NOT men. Certainly not puas.” The problem, to poor feminism-hating Firepower?

PUA didn’t make guys “men,” it made them better dudes.  It didn’t make them smarter – it made them dumber. Such blundering strategy is not Mastery, it is Foolery; especially in a country now based on, legislated and totally ruled by females – or call this state mentality, feminine values. …

Despite PUA being a potent strategy practiced since 2000, nothing has changed.  Those many tactics to tame The Wild American Bitch failed.

In fact, Firepower argues, these Wild Bitches are ever Wilder and Bitchier than they were before Game came along.

Females – girls especially – are far worse behaved now, after “the Game Era” than they were before.

Females today, are even louder, nastier, cuntier and more tattooed.  Game was supposed to give men the upper hand.   The last time I went to “the club,” women are still the loudest, drunkest, rudest, most profane entitled Princesses Of The Universe.  It is they who became Real Men by asserting their masculine qualities of dominance, power and intimidation – not boys.  Males just smile sweetly, simper – and wipe their girl’s puke hair.

Apparently I have had something to do with all this, although I haven’t been able to figure out enough of this paragraph to understand exactly what it is I’ve done:

The extreme is evidenced in the psycho Amanda Marcotte/Manboobs FFOL wing/falange and is why I find NF such a structural part of FFOL.  Game and pua gave the deactivated, unemployed big-mouthed fatties in storage something new to fight.  It is their resurrection:  Instead of marching in parades, they march as effective Courtroom/Legal System/Government leaders.  They have no need of combat, to write picket signs and post online when they now post statutes and write law.

From earlier in the post, and by checking Firepower’s little blog glossary, I’ve been able to determine that NF is short for “Neo Feminism” and FFOL for “Five-Fingered Fist of Liberalism.” Not that this really helps clear things up much.

Also, I’m not quite sure why Firepower has picked two bloggers to be representative of some “falange” that doesn’t need to post online because it can just write laws. Or why a white dude like myself is supposed to be involved with something (the “FFOL”) that Firepower thinks is a “United Front eradicating white males.”

In the end, Firepower declares that everyone is stupid, so fuck them.

[T]he females are indeed, completely corrupted – but so are the boys.  Both classes are stupid and unworthy because they are Murkans.  No great leaders or movements are born out of slop.

Speaking of slop, the comments to Firepower’s post are a virtual cesspool not only of misogyny but of virulent racism and homophobia as well. Oh, and some old-fashioned anti-Semitism to boot. If you venture into them, prepare for every sort of slur there is, as well as for an extended discussion of whether or not PUA has made men more “faggoty.”

This is what the “White Nationalist” wing of the Manosphere sounds like when it talks amongst itself.

EDIT: Fixed a word in the penultimate graf. Should have been “virulent racism,” obviously, and it now iw.

RE: Falconer

Oh no, I wonder how many Firefly fen there are whose tats say Ducks Play Guitars or something like that.

More than you know, my friend. More than you know.

I don’t got it that bad, I just can’t look. Also it’s never a “little” pinch.

For me, the phobia is partly situational. I had it pretty well under control for a bit, and then I had top surgery. As per my usual, I asked for a conversational distraction as they were puting in my IV. My anaesthesiologist decided that an appropriate topic of conversation was that when people fainted, he liked to slap them awake, and he didn’t understand why people made such a big deal out of needles anyway. Naturally, this did NOTHING to help my anxiety, so I passed out. They revived me and had to do it again, and this time, the intern talked to me. She talked about going to Paris, and was much nicer, and they got the IV into me, but from there on out, fainting was a much bigger problem for me. Thanks, Dr. Asshole!

And awww, babies! I also appreciate it that I can have non-contact Internet hugs on this site.

Just Saying
Just Saying

I think you missed the point. The entire PUA/Game thing has nothing to do with combating Feminism and everything to do with living a life that works for you. Why waste your time trying to fight against an incoming tide? Just learn how to make it work for you. I was practicing Game before it was Game. It was “Just what worked” and that was to get women into my bed. Now when I was in grad-school I got addicted to 18-25 yr olds – they are still my “prey” of choice, and I enjoy them.

My goal isn’t to change them, it is to f**k them, and have them add to the overall quality of my life. So if you are looking for grand ideas, you are looking in the wrong place. I just enjoy an unending supply of 18-25 year olds in my bed. They can be bitchy or whatever, as long as they are pliant and make my life easier – I couldn’t care less.

If anything I support Feminism – it has made my life-style possible. Most of those young women had “Daddy” issues – that’s fine, I’m old enough to be Daddy to many of them, and I do things their Father wouldn’t dream of and they do it because they want “Daddy’s approval” which they can’t get at home. I certainly don’t want to change what is working for me – I just want to enjoy it.

katzentier

The lack of empathy in some doctors is simply astounding. Sometimes I want to slap them for the things they say so careless and unthinking. Good grief.

There are very empathic ones too, of course, and also horrible nurses, but the lack of empathy seems to occur a little bit more often in doctors (and at least in germany it’s actually no wonder)…

@Falconer – umm… thanks. ^^
I’m pretty fond of the design and the solution to being to scared to get tattooed was to paint it on the wall. Though I’m open to improvements by the tattooist, If I ever muster up the courage.

leftwingfox

Black Rabbit of Inlé from Watership Down

Seconding the Squee on that. 😀 Watership Down is in my top five favourite books of all damn time. (Others being “Blue Moon Rising” by Simon Green, “Good Omens” by Pratchet and Gaiman. Since I’m notorious for forgetting favourites, I leave the other two slots open for memory.)

I love clever, artistic and personal tattoos. I’ve resisted tattoos for a long time, partly because of poor body image, partly because of the competing attitudes of “I’m an artist, I want my own art on there”, and “I’m going to hate looking at my art 5 years from now.”

cloudiah

@Falconer, True, but we have a glossary because the vocabulary of the manosphere is so ridiculous. At least David doesn’t need to put up a glossary to explain the terms he uses. 😀

cloudiah

And babies, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

katzentier

@katzentier
Ditto the whole ‘enemy pokemon trainer’ PUAs (Pun totally intended). Once you’re in range and in their line of sight, there’s no getting away. If you look closely enough, you can see the exclamation marks over their heads and everything.

That’s what I was thinking. :3

I actually never encountered one, as I don’t particulary like clubbing. I had a few guys making strange remarks while I was shopping somewhere, which just made me feel confused. And some catcalling (I think? there was a drunk guy in the subway shouting “hey, you, the one with the ass”, but I’m not quite sure what to make of it and his friends quickly led him away). And maybe the friend of a cousin who assaulted me believed that kind of crap, he sure did not give a shit about consent, but he might have been an asshole completely on his own, without any help of PUA doctrine.

Falconer

@Falconer – umm… thanks. ^^

Oh, sorry I wasn’t clear. I loved the design! I can’t draw like that, I come out with boring old-school representational art. 🙁

leftwingfox

Which is worse, when people reveal just how terrible they are, or when they’re smart enough to keep their true feeling busied under the surface?

It’s like hanging around a group of people and hearing the “Jaws” theme running in the back of my head on loop. Suddenly the Great White Shark rears out of the water with a mighty “B*tches!!!!” before crashing back under the waves. Yeah, it’s horrible, but at least now I know I wasn’t just being paranoid.

chibigodzilla

Of course, if he changed it to the Five Fingered Fist Of Liberal Destruction, the acronym could be 3FOLD and he could talk about how the “five fingers” are taking a three pronged approach to destroy America.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Also, David and Amanda have the power to make laws now? Why was I not informed? It is a gift to the foes of Mordor!

I have to go to work now, but everybody, what laws should we have David make/repeal? My first suggestions:

A. Gay/trans-panic should universally be recognized as an excuse as ridiculous as ‘I was possessed by an evil alien entity’ and loads more harmful, and not allowed to hold any merit in a court of law
B. The legalization of marijuana and an end to the War on Drugs
C. Universal coverage for birth control/maternity care

Can David please pass a law that, if you ask to come see a kitten you’re interested in adopting, you can’t just stand me up?

Falconer

Allow me to second the fuck out of that.

Cthulhu's Intern

So wait, when was PUA supposed to be a social movement? Wasn’t it always just a method for having casual sex?

RE: leftwingfox

OMG. I’m sorry, but I found that far funnier than I should have.

leftwingfox

OMG. I’m sorry, but I found that far funnier than I should have.

Happy to help in any little way I can .:)

katzentier

Ah crap, I filled the muffin forms up to high and now it’s a mess. :/

I don’t think I can bring them tomorrow like this. Damn it.

David could pass a law against overfilling muffins.

theladyzombie
theladyzombie

Bwahahahaha!

Personally, I love the scene from Thelma and Louise where they blow up that guy’s rig and he falls to the ground and shakes his fist in the air screaming as his rig burns “BITCHES FROM HELL!!!!”

I’d like to imagine that’s what all the MRAs do on a regular basis. That would make me happy.

sarahlizhousespouse

CL Furniture ads that remain up longer than 1 hour after the sale of said item should be punishable by means of fire ants.

John-H
John-H

I don’t think I will ever get a tattoo but if I do it will be the death of rats possibly standing on death’s shoulder.

Ally S

If I ever decide to get a tattoo, I’d love to get a Kokopelli one. Kind of like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Neutered_kokopelli.svg/180px-Neutered_kokopelli.svg.png

CassandraSays

I hate to point this out, but perhaps the reason PUA “failed” to make women less “cunty” is because that wasn’t the goal for the majority of the users? Originally the goal was to get lots of sex, yes?

Not that it works very well in achieving that goal either, but really, thinking that it was going to change women’s overall behavior and shift the political system into super-anit-feminist mode was just silly.

Howard Bannister

We have no need to fight you! Lo, in our very veins runs the power of your defeat… before I even reach for my sword, you are finished!

I feel like I’ve become a villain from an anime after reading that.

A pretty badass one, too. I may not go back.

girlofthegaps
girlofthegaps

Oh man, I missed the babies on my first flyby! And Falconer’s babies are my favorite cute d’aww brainbleach! So glad I scanned through again.

RE: CassandraSays

But, but, don’t you know that PUAs were going to stealth-change the world with their penises? There’s no greater power in the world!

Yellaine
Yellaine

I haven’t read the whole thread, but I agree with Cassandra: PUA aim at “beating” the system, at using women’s “weaknesses” against themselves to convince them to have sex with said PUA. None of that will change women, except that maybe they will have less sex with alphas* and more with skilled beta* PUAs. But since we’re not even talking about LTR but hook up, I fail to see how that would change women (sorry, females) or even anything in our society outside hook up culture.

*I know these are not real things for humans.

As for being loud in club, in my very short experience (once), the reason people, including women, are loud is that you can barely hear yourself thinking because of the music. I’m pretty sure Amanda and David have no power over this.

Anyway, if PUAs have led to more tattooed women, I might have to reconsider my judgment of these assholes.

hellkell
hellkell

Game was supposed to give men the upper hand.

Aw, poor baby. Snake oil never works.

Game is the aromatherapy of social interaction.

Howard Bannister

Nah, aromatherapy at least leaves a nice smell behind.

hellkell
hellkell

Howard: I couldn’t remember if it was homeopathy or what that was the big woo, so I went with aromatherapy. You get my drift.

LBT: Watership Down, the book or the movie is well worth the time. I’m a blubbering mess at the end of each.

My next tattoo is going to be a Maneki-neko as a stand in for my calico Mimi. She’s my special baby.

anadiomene122
anadiomene122

The best weapon against hook up culture is surely more hooking up. PUAs: winning.

CassandraSays

PUA is more like the anti-vax movement of social interaction – a stupid idea that self-replicates, doesn’t help the people it’s supposed to help, and causes incidental harm to many others.

CassandraSays

Also, let’s think about this. So PUAs go around hitting on drunk girls at bars and clubs, and it pretty much makes no difference whether the girls are “nice” or not because the guys are just picking the hottest ones they can find (who don’t immediately tell them to get lost). Why would that make women want to drink less, be quieter, or any of the other stuff?

hellkell
hellkell

Anti-vax, even better!

Yeah, I don’t get why he’s against loud-mouthed drunk chicks. If he doesn’t want those, maybe he shouldn’t go to a club. It’s not a cotillion, FFS.

CassandraSays

It did make me wonder how many PUAs were Roissy-like from the very beginning. For about 30 seconds, and then thinking about them got too boring.

@ LBT

Well, remember that according to the Cock Warriors spunk is the most powerful thing in the universe.

Speaking of guys with stupid ideas, those guys. Who have decided that “rape culture” means “lots of gay men have anal sex, which is unmanly, thus it’s rape”.

Dvärghundspossen

Exactly.

Besides, I wouldn’t be surprised if lots of PUA disciples do get quite a lot of sex. If you spend a lot of time at bars and the like and talk to lots of women you’re probably gonna get laid a lot, even if you’re a bit rude. (it’s not like most PUA:s, from what I’ve seen, actually tell people to go around saying super-misogynistic things to the women they want to score with. Most seem to be a bit more sensible than Roissy.) Even if you only get lucky with every tenth woman or so whom you try to hook up with, that could mean a fairly good number of women over the course of a year, if you go out to clubs and bars all the time and approach women whenever you do so.

I don’t think PUA would still be around if it wasn’t the case that lots of people felt that it worked for them, only I think the success some men think they have with these methods is mostly down to actually interacting with lots of women, and also try again and again and again with various women if you’re turned down by one of them, rather than go home and sulk for six months after someone has turned you down .

RE: CassandraSays

Yup! Why do you think I love these dumbasses so much? I want to laugh and cry, that they can’t imagine rape and buttsex being not necessarily mutually inclusive.

The sadder, also fairly likely explanation is that one of them had really abusive experiences with that kind of sex, and they generalized it out. To them, it WAS abusive, but they can’t imagine any instance of it being happy or loving, and they combined it with disease concern to turn it into one big mess. Of course, this also leads to the stupid belief that frot is the paragon of sex, because you totally can’t rape someone if nothing goes into anyone.

I would feel sorry for them, if they weren’t so full of shit.

cloudiah

OMG, that “rape culture” piece…

Speaking of weird things, sometimes I click randomly on sites on the Boob Roll, just for lulz, and I found this: http://www.angryharry.com/MRAs-Are-Sexy.htm

The writing is typical boring shit about how women dig bad boys, but I am super amused by the illustration for his MRAs are Sexy essay. Chicks do love guys with headbands and weird bangs, yup, you called it Angry Harry.

RE: CassandraSays

Also, for your lulz, apparently Cockrub Warriors guy and G0ys dude had a huge falling out and really dislike each other. Go figure.

@ LBT

Don’t forget the misogyny! Seriously, that page is full of conspiracy theories about how the gender feminist cabal wants all gay men having buttsex to feminize them because we hate masculinity.

CassandraSays

Link? I love it when idiots argue. It’s my favorite spectator sport.

RE: CassandraSays

Here. This is where I first discovered both groups in the first place. Apparently Cockrub Warrior doesn’t like how closeted the g0ys are, and dislikes their bullshit money-making. (Which, yes, I’ve noticed.)

God, I’d forgotten about the rank transphobia and misogyny of Bill Weintraub. Wretch. I guess back when I first looked at his stupid site, I hadn’t come out as trans yet.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

What the fuck did I just read?

hellkell
hellkell

The dude shortened the word frottage and thinks he coined something new? LOL.

blanktie
blanktie

Well this is delightful news…I guess? I’m glad feminism it’s winning (??) at something.

grumpycatisagirl

Uh . . . I skipped most of that Angry Harry MRAs are sexy thing and clicked on the link on the bottom to the “Worst of David Futrelle” . . . . and so my question is, is he actually getting any of that strange stuff about David from anywhere?

cloudiah

@grumpycatisagirl, Mostly it appears to be prime ass-data. One of the things on his list refers to a book review David did of a book with an older gay protagonist who fantasizes about having sex with a “boy” he sees in a bar. The fact that this “boy” is in a bar, therefore of legal drinking age, is something they gloss over. We have had trolls here spouting this stuff, so I guess Angry Harry is the source.

grumpycatisagirl

Really? All of that is extrapolated from one book review? My head hurts.

And if it was a “girl” in the bar I guess that wouldn’t be remotely as suggestible to them . . .