are these guys 12 years old? atheism minus douchebaggery misogyny MRA oppressed men playing the victim rape culture

I’ve got mail!

emailcampaign

This email from a non-fan was so thoughtful I thought I’d share it, and my responses to it, with you all. This is the whole email, by the way. No, “Dear David” or any other niceties at the start.

1. Why do you represent yourself as a head of a creepy fucking child?

Because the “creepy fucking child” in the picture is me? It’s sort of my favorite picture of me.

2. How can you honestly believe that we live under a patriarchy, at least in modern western society? I mean, men hold no where near as much power as they’ve had in the past. Women nowadays have pretty much all the rights and opportunities that men have (hell, they probably have MORE rights, privileges and opportunities than men have).

Huh. How on earth could I possibly have come to the conclusion that perhaps men have more than their share of power in society today?

3. So what do you think of the Amazing Atheist?

Why don’t you just go and read what I’ve written about him? Do you not know how to use Google, or the search box on this page?

You two do have your similarities to each other: you’re both fat, have beards, wear glasses, are very opinionated, and both enjoy insulting the people you don’t like (feminists/MRA’s) and naturally attract a lot trolls from those respective groups. But, you two are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to feminism and gender politics.

Huh. How could that possibly be, with both of us being fat and wearing glasses? I’ll have to bring it up at the next meeting of the Bespectacled Fat Elders of the Internet.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between bullying people you don’t like (a la Amazing Atheist) and QUOTING WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY SAY (a la me).

And no, DO NOT bring up his sexual exploits, trying focusing exclusively on his merits as a video blogger, and as a person who gives his opinions on YouTube.

I don’t give a shit about his “sexual exploits,” whatever they are. And I don’t have much to say about his “merits as a video blogger,” because I’ve only watched a handful of his terrible videos. What I do know. from what I have seen from him, is that he’s a nasty, hateful, misogynistic asshole who bullies rape victims online and mocked a teenage girl who was bullied into committing suicide.

That kind of outweighs (get it? get it?) any fat solidarity I might have for him because of his fatness.

Hope that helps!

Yours, in fatness,

David Futrelle

EDITED TO ADD: My correspondent has responded to this post! Here is his reply. You may notice certain ironies.

That’s fine, go ahead and post all my emails to you on your website. All it’s gonna do is show how much of a colossal douchebag you are. And nice job on having your army of worms and insects crawl from the woodworks to attack me. Just goes to show how much feminists and the people who support them DO NOT deserve to be taken seriously, when all they do is stoop to personal insult and just linking to articles when someone questions them.

On the abortion thing, yeah that’s a problem, but how does it prove that’s there’s a patriarchy in western society? How do you explain the states that do allow abortion, how do you explain the modern western countries where abortions are legal? All it proves is that , yes, there are some states that continue to live in the dark ages and are run by assholes. How bout next time, try to actually answer my question instead of linking to an article and hoping that I’ll be satisfied. But then again, I guess that’s too much to ask out the modern-day feminist simpletons in society.

Oh yeah, and about the Amazing Atheist, he actually bothers to refute what the feminists. It’s not like he just looks at a feminist and says “haha your ugly, your fat, etc.” You on the other hand, stoop to nothing but personal insults. Pretty much all you do is find people you don’t like, hold them up and say “haha look at these people I don’t like, now point and laugh my personal army of woodworms.” You don’t even bother to explain why you think they’re wrong. It clear to me that somebody doesn’t know how to use the search feature on Youtube.

Woodworms?

girlscientist
girlscientist

I think TAA is trying to ask David out on a date. Anonymously.

hellkell
hellkell

I have–and I’m sure I’m not alone–zero fucks to give about TAA’s exploits, sexual or otherwise.

daintydougal
daintydougal

I too assumed this correspondence was actually from the amazingly awful athiest. Why else bring him up?

daintydougal
daintydougal

Argenti Aertheri,
Could your fish please predict the weather in London? There was thunder this morning but now its 32degrees. I DEMAND A STORM!

LBT
LBT

I didn’t know about the sex crap, and don’t care. I’d just rather keep the Amazing Atheist as far away from my thoughts as possible. Unlike Trayvon Martin, he has no real importance in the scheme of things.

RE: Argenti

Is that why fish do that? Ours used to do that all the time, and I always wondered what the hell was going on in their little fishy brains.

RE: Mongoose

In fact, I don’t know if I can find the link, but one of the PUA websites actually has a “how to force a girl to have sex with you without a condom” guide.

Hmm, wonder if my rapist used that. He was REALLY into trying to get us to bang him without a condom. (Which, since he’d had unprotected sex before, we were like, “Nope, no sex like that AT ALL, condom or not, unless you get an STD test.” He, of course, had buried his head in the sand about it because he didn’t want to know. I find it rather telling that we were more responsible at sixteen than he was at twenty-one.)

sarahlizhousespouse

“I mean, men hold no where near as much power as they’ve had in the past. Women nowadays have pretty much all the rights and opportunities that men have (hell, they probably have MORE rights, privileges and opportunities than men have).”

What a telling quote.
What rights and power have men lost? Was it the right to vote? The right to independently own property? The right to execute a contract or write a will? The right to make decisions about their own bodies? The right to be considered an adult? The right to control their own wages? The right to divorce? The right sexual autonomy? The right to work alongside the opposite sex in difficult and dangerous jobs? The right to keep legal rights after marriage rather than lose them to a spouse?
I’m guessing those aren’t the rights this person is referring to.
I would love to know what “rights and opportunities” women have that men do not.

Alice
Alice

I had to google TAA’s sexploits and read all about them. I can’t help myself– I do this all the time when it comes to sex, gore, obscure facts, or general weirdness. I am just so so so curious. And once I am curious I have to find out. And then once I find out, I can never unsee what I have seen. But that never stops me from being curious the next time.

daintydougal
daintydougal

Good lord. What has been seen cannot ever be unseen. My poor poor eyes.

pecunium

Test.

pecunium

Wierd. I can’t post to the survey thread.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — if it’s survey related, just email me.

T7G — I had not! Fishies!!

LBT — depends a lot on the species, and their feeding (or getting eaten) habits, but yeah, plenty are responsive to weather patterns.

daintydougal — sorry, they only respond to changes of the sort we silly humans miss, they don’t really predict the weather per se. Try a weather loach?

Monster — I’d say it’s the cuteness factor, but I want a tiny chunk of blue fish!

Pecunium, again — you’ve heard that blue things in Long Island sound will eat your fingers right? The bluefish and blue crabs are both have NASTY temperaments.

Argenti Aertheri

Survey thread’s letting me post, email me and I’ll post it for you?

pecunium

It’s several language comments. I’ll try again.

Cynickal
Cynickal

CHECKMATE!!! fat, bespectacled, bearded atheists!

Dvärghundspossen

I’m guessing those aren’t the rights this person is referring to.

Married men have lost the right to rape and beat up their wives.

Dvärghundspossen

Just wondering, what is David’s view on religion? Like what religion, and if he is an atheist, is he like a militant atheist or what?

He’s said before that he’s an agnostic.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

To be fair to the letter writer, I have seen quite a few people focus their criticisms of TAA on his sexual behavior, even people who are on “our side” about his misogyny, bullying, and temper tantrums.

On the other hand, if he’d looked up the Manboobs threads on TAA, he’d have seen that most manboobzers are not among those people, so…

grumpycatisagirl
grumpycatisagirl

I know nothing about TAA’s sexual exploits and I think I’ll try to keep it that way as long as possible.

AnonymousGuy
AnonymousGuy

Say hi to Michael Moore for me!

Ally S

ok then

Argenti Aertheri

Ally — say hi to Michael Moore at the meeting of the Bespectacled Fat Elders.

I think.

grumpycatisagirl
grumpycatisagirl

And Roger Ebert. He was even also from Chicago.

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

“You on the other hand, stoop to nothing but personal insults.”

this person actually reads this website?

Ally S

More morbid comparisons to insects and worms. Yay?

dustydeste
dustydeste

Yet another person who doesn’t understand what a mockery site is. Dudebro, really, this isn’t a debate site. We’re not here to have a deep discussion about whether the MRM or TAA or PUAs or whatever is worthwhile, because it’s a forgone conclusion: those things are shit. We’re here to make fun of them. For our own amusement.

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

For our own amusement.

in my case, it is also to survive all this crap. for me laughing is a remedy.

Ally S

“On the abortion thing, yeah that’s a problem, but how does it prove that’s there’s a patriarchy in western society? ”

It doesn’t because denying basic bodily rights to women and privileging the life of a fetus over the life of a pregnant woman has nothing to do with relegating women to a lower status in society!

Argenti Aertheri

Hey, we’re superworms not woodworms!

Backstory here: my brother and his friend got rid of their bearded dragon and my brother bought the remaining superworms home in case the puffers wanted them. Now, these things are easily ten times the size of my puffers, but he [squick warning] chopped the head of one and they loved it, so the rest have been frozen for later consumption.

Superworms — delicious and nutrious (if your a creature that eats insects)

Argenti Aertheri

*you’re!

Argh, bad MRM, stop infecting my writing!

grumpycatisagirl
grumpycatisagirl

“in my case, it is also to survive all this crap. for me laughing is a remedy.”

Yeah. Me too.

Ally S

auggz, David updated his post to include a response from the LW.

Argenti Aertheri

auggziliary — there’s an update to the OP

Argenti Aertheri

Ninja’ed!

dustydeste
dustydeste

in my case, it is also to survive all this crap. for me laughing is a remedy.

Oh definitely. I just don’t think that bringing it up in relation to Mr. Assbutt & Co. is terribly useful, since they don’t really understand the concept of facing such difficulties, as evidenced by the fact that they think being forced to let women vote, or having to let women own property or even their own bodies, or being stripped of the “right” to rape and beat women is TOATAL MISADRIPANTS and a legitimate difficulties that society ought to address.

Falconer

vs.

I LOL’d.

dustydeste
dustydeste

Wow just… sorry for the awful grammar there. I don’t know how that happened. Possibly the blockquote monster is mad at me for not being plagued by it as yet, and has set the terrible MRM grammar monster on me in revenge.

Falconer

Heh … assbutt.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s a riddle!

Nah, he does that and then goes on and on and on about how much he hopes they’ll be raped.

Now, just out of curiosity, WTF does he have to do with this conversation in the first place?

kittehserf

I couldn’t care less what the Unamazing Dipshit does with bananas or anything else as long as he does it alone; given his attitudes, I doubt he gives a damn about consent from anyone else. I never think about him outside mentions here; he’s not even a blip on the radar. Dreary little misogynist men, atheist or not, are a dime a dozen.

hellkell
hellkell

Woodworms, ha.

Argenti Aertheri

Wait, a banana? I mean, yeah, they’re the usual “this is how you put on a condom” but aren’t things like cucumbers more common? I don’t…

(Note that what little caring I have here is the practicality of the matter, not TAA’s sexytimes per se)

Argenti Aertheri

Love [thing], hate [category thing belongs to]?

Only way I’m eating mushrooms is if they’re the trippy kind, and even then I’m probably going to grind them and make tea.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I went directly to ED, because I knew there was no way they wouldn’t have preserved that for posterity.

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

What was TAA’s objective when he was making these videos of himself? o_O was there some kind of context?

Seriously, I know the troll brought it up, but we should drop the whole banana-video thing.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

My guess at this point is that David’s new letter-writing buddy IS TAA, because why bring him up otherwise?

Argenti Aertheri

PSA — when sticking things in your anus (or anyone else’s) ensure the base is wide enough to prevent your inserted object from becoming fully inserted. Lest you end up needing it removed in the ER.

/PSA

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

exactly!

Argenti Aertheri

Dropping the whole banana thing.