are these guys 12 years old? atheism minus douchebaggery misogyny MRA oppressed men playing the victim rape culture

I’ve got mail!

emailcampaign

This email from a non-fan was so thoughtful I thought I’d share it, and my responses to it, with you all. This is the whole email, by the way. No, “Dear David” or any other niceties at the start.

1. Why do you represent yourself as a head of a creepy fucking child?

Because the “creepy fucking child” in the picture is me? It’s sort of my favorite picture of me.

2. How can you honestly believe that we live under a patriarchy, at least in modern western society? I mean, men hold no where near as much power as they’ve had in the past. Women nowadays have pretty much all the rights and opportunities that men have (hell, they probably have MORE rights, privileges and opportunities than men have).

Huh. How on earth could I possibly have come to the conclusion that perhaps men have more than their share of power in society today?

3. So what do you think of the Amazing Atheist?

Why don’t you just go and read what I’ve written about him? Do you not know how to use Google, or the search box on this page?

You two do have your similarities to each other: you’re both fat, have beards, wear glasses, are very opinionated, and both enjoy insulting the people you don’t like (feminists/MRA’s) and naturally attract a lot trolls from those respective groups. But, you two are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to feminism and gender politics.

Huh. How could that possibly be, with both of us being fat and wearing glasses? I’ll have to bring it up at the next meeting of the Bespectacled Fat Elders of the Internet.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between bullying people you don’t like (a la Amazing Atheist) and QUOTING WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY SAY (a la me).

I don’t give a shit about his “sexual exploits,” whatever they are. And I don’t have much to say about his “merits as a video blogger,” because I’ve only watched a handful of his terrible videos. What I do know. from what I have seen from him, is that he’s a nasty, hateful, misogynistic asshole who bullies rape victims online and mocked a teenage girl who was bullied into committing suicide.

That kind of outweighs (get it? get it?) any fat solidarity I might have for him because of his fatness.

Hope that helps!

Yours, in fatness,

David Futrelle

EDITED TO ADD: My correspondent has responded to this post! Here is his reply. You may notice certain ironies.

That’s fine, go ahead and post all my emails to you on your website. All it’s gonna do is show how much of a colossal douchebag you are. And nice job on having your army of worms and insects crawl from the woodworks to attack me. Just goes to show how much feminists and the people who support them DO NOT deserve to be taken seriously, when all they do is stoop to personal insult and just linking to articles when someone questions them.

On the abortion thing, yeah that’s a problem, but how does it prove that’s there’s a patriarchy in western society? How do you explain the states that do allow abortion, how do you explain the modern western countries where abortions are legal? All it proves is that , yes, there are some states that continue to live in the dark ages and are run by assholes. How bout next time, try to actually answer my question instead of linking to an article and hoping that I’ll be satisfied. But then again, I guess that’s too much to ask out the modern-day feminist simpletons in society.

Oh yeah, and about the Amazing Atheist, he actually bothers to refute what the feminists. It’s not like he just looks at a feminist and says “haha your ugly, your fat, etc.” You on the other hand, stoop to nothing but personal insults. Pretty much all you do is find people you don’t like, hold them up and say “haha look at these people I don’t like, now point and laugh my personal army of woodworms.” You don’t even bother to explain why you think they’re wrong. It clear to me that somebody doesn’t know how to use the search feature on Youtube.

Woodworms?

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

My goodness, what a charming correspondent! I’m sure we’ll all be great chums!

OccupyMedic
OccupyMedic

How dare you tell the TRUTH! you are fucking with a misogynistic world view…. Let the cognitive dissidence begin….

Timothy Byrne (@TByrne75)

Was there a signature? Demanding minds need to know!

Maude LL
Maude LL

I think this is an e-mail cats in a David suit sent to Davids in a (fat) ferret suit.

Fatman
Fatman

I want to be a Bespectacled Fat Elder of something, but my vision is too good. Sigh.

Maude LL
Maude LL

Cognitive dissidence = when an MRA brain revolts and leaves to fight misandry on its own.

CL
CL

“I mean, men hold no where near as much power as they’ve had in the past.”

BAM. For once, they nailed it. A clear thesis statement of what they’re actually pissed about.

LBT
LBT

Wow. That was special. Where do these people come from, Jesus.

kittehserf

I notice you’re not mentioning the beard, David. Why are you not mentioning the beard? What is the beard hiding?* Is this a ploy by the Furrinati to distract attention from the Great Bearded Ones?

*If it’s the remains of lunch I Do Not Want To Know.

neuroticbeagle
neuroticbeagle

@LBT
I don’t know. It’s really hard to imagine them coming from a vagina- maybe somebody’s asshole? 😛

Ally S

This guy is more bland than a bagel without cream cheese.

neuroticbeagle
neuroticbeagle

@auggziliary
Maybe the stupidest ones believe that, but I think most mras know that men had/have more power than women and they want it to stay that way.

kittehserf

ROFL neuroticbeagle, those are the best! Especially the last one. We just need to add a suit and there it is, cats in a David suit, complete with cat beard.

lowquacks

Wait, isn’t David’s beard more of a goatee/circle-beard arrangement? Of course they’d end up in different meetings of internet types based on physical characteristics! What a silly email.

For the record, I don’t wear glasses, do have a beard, and I’m thinnish. Why I prefer reading David’s posts to, say, enjoying the work of fellow thin bearded non-glasses-wearer Russell Brand? Why do I not get my political commentary from the New York Times‘ thin bearded non-glasses-wearing resident right-wing idiot Ross Douthat? Have I been doing everything wrong? Do I need to shave, put on weight, lose visual acuity, or some combination of these? How do I know which ones will express my personality and views best?

Argenti Aertheri

Well that was boring.

“*If it’s the remains of lunch I Do Not Want To Know.”

Dear emailer:

Why is one of my cories swimming laps along this side of the tank? This question is of the utmost importance, please answer ASAP!

…please let it be having a minor freak out over barometric pressure, a storm would be a pleasant change.

lowquacks

The focus on determining the view one particular blogger has of one particular dude who makes videos about being sexist and not believing in god was pretty weird too, particularly given that it was something that could be googled pretty easily.

Shiraz
Shiraz

“…(hell, they probably have MORE rights, privileges and opportunities than men have).”

I’d like to see citations, please. And please keep up with current news about how women’s reproductive systems shut-down during “legitimate rape,” according to certain conservative politicians.

From Slate: “Rep. Todd Akin of Missouri, the Republican candidate for the Missouri Senate race, told a St. Louis news station on Sunday that “legitimate rape” rarely causes pregnancy: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

He later took it back, but this wasn’t a misstatement. It wasn’t a gaffe or a stray bit of medical misinformation that could have attached itself to any one of us. The statement was a crystallization of Akin’s worldview: sexist, blame-shifting, and profoundly ignorant.

In case anybody missed this dig at the “no means no” crowd, “legitimate rape” is a coded phrase meant to distinguish between a stranger attacking you in a parking garage, or, say, your date or your youth pastor doing the same. If you’re tipsy or wearing a short skirt, it’s not rape-rape, etc.”

Women have more rights? Where? Do you mean demanding equality keeps you from being priviledged? Be clear, asshole.

men have).

Argenti Aertheri

“Are body type, visual ability, and beardedness the only things that determine someone’s views and personality, then? Why weren’t they on the survey?!?”

1) because I couldn’t care less
2) no one suggested it

*waves glasses at the thread* I’d have to put on weight to attend the bespectacled meeting though.

And really fish, please be predicting the weather, this 8-fucking-4% humidity thing is just wonky (weirdest part is that it actually doesn’t feel that bad, I have my hair down for the first time in over a week)

In completely random things, I’ve had to explain twice today that carnivorous fish eat other fish and if that makes you want to call them cannibals, so be it.

lowquacks

Argenti, obviously you don’t care about the real issues!!!!!1!

On the fish thing, surely you could only call a fish cannibalistic if it ate other fish of the same species. Who’ve you had to explain this to and in which circumstances?

Argenti Aertheri

Both my parents, because my father intends to go fishing tomorrow and I asked for a tiny sliver of fish for my puffers.

And some fish do eat their own species, it isn’t exactly rare. Even non-carnivorous fish sometimes eat their own eggs (yes, literally their own, I have no idea how that’s evolutionarily advantageous)

Argenti Aertheri

I’m pretty sure my mother will be less than thrilled when I tell her I want the bluefish check I’ve been promised cooked before I feed it to them (just in case of parasites)

lowquacks

Yeah, did assume it would happen. It just seems odd to call a fish cannibalistic for calling another fish of a different species – nobody calls people cannibals for eating other mammals or anything.

Hopefully your puffers can get a nice dinner!

Argenti Aertheri

*cheak

And he’s planning on going out on one of those boat trips, so he should be able to get me part of a head since those are usually considered garbage.

Thanks for that point about mammals though, I was stuck on “wtf did you think they eat?”

kittehserf

But what about part-time spectacle wearers? Where do we fit in? I don’t wear specs to read my laptop. I need to know this!!!

“According to my brother, yes, it’s storage for when he gets hungry later. (And combed with the cat’s brush, which she hates, unlike the lint roller, which she’s indifferent to)”

::breathes prayer of thanks that Louis’s beard is not of food-storage size::

neuroticbeagle
neuroticbeagle

@Kittehs

To be fair, if David is multiple furrinatis in a suit, then they NEED the beard to hold food. What else are they supposed to eat when the humans/slaves aren’t around to feed them?

lowquacks

I used to have a Van Dyke-y beard in the old French style and while probably not great for food storage, ice-cream or gelato from a cone, flour-dusted rolls, syrupy pancakes, and cinnamon doughnuts could all stick around in the middle of the goatee bit or, particularly, the ends of the moustache.

lowquacks

When did the “furrinati” thing start, anyway?

Alice
Alice

I was not aware that the sexual exploits of the Amazing Atheist were well known on the internet. Interesting…

kittehserf

The Furrinati’s fairly recent – I think neuroticbeagle and I came up with it between us (?) a few weeks ago.

There was also the Great Furred Ones but the Furrinati took better. 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

Alice — I remember someone saying something awhile ago about him engaging in some non-PiV sex act for the camera and what this says about him and being roundly shot down that his sexual preferences and assholery are unrelated.

That was terribly non-specific, sorry!

lowquacks — they’re called napkins, do I need to make a gif to go with my “they’re called condoms” one? (Hm, our trolls seem to be wiseing up to the fact men do have birth control options, I haven’t had to use that one in awhile)

lowquacks

I have not seen this “they’re called condoms” .gif!

kittehserf

Argenti – but men can’t use condoms, because SPERMJACKING!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What if I’m not fat or bearded but I’m super opinionated and I wear contacts? Or is this like a traditional golf club and the vagina is an automatic disqualifier?

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — /).<

melody
melody

My logic is if a guy doesn’t want to use a condom then it is time to leave.

Because I would want him to use a condom so I DON’T get pregnant, not because I do want to get pregnant.

Dvärghundspossen

By that same logic, I guess me and Girl Writes What ought to get together and straighten out our agendas, since we’re both thin, white women with blond, short hair.

Mongoose
Mongoose

Heh, I remember unfriending someone from facebook after they posted a link to one of TAA’s misogynistic videos. It was the one in which he was whining because some women made fun of domestic violence, and insisted men never ever make jokes about domestic violence, rape, or anything of the sort. Because feminism.

On condoms: I also think about 90% of MRA’s beef with paternity is that they don’t like condom-sex. The same guys whining about paternity traps are then later high-fiving each other for having condom-free sex with some girl they just met (because “it’s cool, she said she was on the pill”).

Monster

@ Argenti – I’ve worked in a few animal places where we fed the raptors day old chicks or quails, and the number of people I heard saying things along the lines of “They are cannibals!!”…uh, yeah. I just did my best to ignore the comments that weren’t directed *at* me (“That owl is eating its chicks!!!”) because I didn’t have time to explain this stuff over and over. And yeah, never did I hear any shocked gasps at feeding mice to the mongoose or whatever. People eh?

As for guys and condoms. If the woman doesn’t want to use a condom, she’s clearly after a baby. If the woman does want a condom, she must also be after a baby, because spermjacking!! Any instance of a woman wanting sex is evidence that she’s a whore who wants some sweet, sweet child support. Because women don’t actually like sex, only money and crushing men’s dreams. *vomit*

Mongoose
Mongoose

“And yeah, never did I hear any shocked gasps at feeding mice to the mongoose or whatever. People eh? ”

That’s because the Mongoose is the manliest of all animals and gets to eat what he wants. Or at least, he got to, before feminism!

Monster

@ Mongoose – as a die-hard feminist keeper/biologist I advocate feeding Herpestidae nothing but bon bons and scented fucking candle wax. Keep them docile and fragrant to please my ladybrains.

kittehserf

“In fact, I don’t know if I can find the link, but one of the PUA websites actually has a “how to force a girl to have sex with you without a condom” guide.”

Could be Roosh, iirc. I think he was the one who called it “bareback persistence”. Him or Roissy, anyway; they blur.

Monster

I think Roosh does, and the guide was basicly “just keep trying to stick it in until she stops arguing”. yuck. Wouldn’t be suprised if there are multiple guides out there, they are all as distasteful and rapey as each other.

tooimpurenangel

Did the letter writer warn you to refrain from slut-shaming TAA?

kittehserf

I’m showing my age: every time I see TAA I think Trans-Australia Airlines, and they were swallowed by QANTAS in the 1990s. “Up, up and away, with TAA, the friendly, friendly way” is a song I still remember from childhood.

Mongoose
Mongoose

Won’t someone please think of the mongooses!

@monster, I think that’s the same guide. I remember thinking it was pretty rapey. It was basically, don’t ask, just do it. And when she says stop, stop for a few minutes, then do it again. Sickening.

Myoo
Myoo

@neuroticbeagle

The Furrinati/David’s beard:

Amateurs.

theseventhguest
theseventhguest

Argenti
I’m sure you must have seen this allready. but if not, I had to share. Second webcam on the internet, longest running webcam.

leftwingfox

“And no, DO NOT bring up his sexual exploits, trying focusing exclusively on his merits as a video blogger, and as a person who gives his opinions on YouTube.”

Asshole logic. “You’re an unfuckable virgin, I’m Incel”

1 2 3