all about the menz antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? drama kings entitled babies evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny no girls allowed playing the victim

The Last of Us: Has evil feminism ruined the zombie apocalypse?

lastof
A girl … in my video game?

So it’s true: Feminists have started ruining video games with all their feminism. At least according to some dude called pullupjumper on MGTOWforums who recently wrote a post warning his fellow red pill dudebros about a little game called The Last of Us, which is not only filled with zombies but, get this, girls.

For anyone who plays video games as one of their hobbies, The Last of Us is a pretty fun game…. but…. The feminist messages were close to ruining a game I waited a year for… The game’s setting is in a zombie apocalyptic world and the basic story (no spoilers) is that this guy has to take a 14 year old girl across the country during the zombie apocalypse. Almost as soon as the story started, I knew pretty much every female character in the game (except for the main protagonists daughter) would be portrayed as a”bad ass” character. The message was clear, women are as strong as men… Even when they are only 14.

Also, there were some adult ladies in positions of authority!

During the game , the two main characters meet different survivor groups. Every group leader was a woman. The only group leader who was a man, was a bad guy. The main protagonist even said yes ma’am, no ma’am to these women.

CAN YOU IMAGINE.

Now before you all go, but isn’t this sort of complaining a little hypocritical, given that all these video game dudes got mad when that chick Anita Sarkeesian who isn’t even a real gamer because of boobies made those videos she totally stole all that money for because IT’S ONLY A GAME, LADY JEEZ DON’T RUIN EVERYTHING WITH YOUR STUPID GENDER ANALYSIS.

Well, no, it’s not totally hypocritical because, get this, the girls in The Last of Us are portrayed as being unnaturally strong and capable.

What was pretty funny though is that the 14 year old girl is able to fire a rifle THAT IS BIGGER THAN HER and fire it accurately.

This is a clear affront to the extreme naturalism and realism of a game about a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

And clearly never before in video game history has any male character been portrayed as unnaturally strong or capable.

Yeah, this dude and his gun are totally realistic in every way.
Yeah, this dude and his gun are totally plausible.

Oh but it gets worse:

On the other hand, (not funny) another boy who was about the 14 year old girls age, was portrayed as weak, could not fight, could not shoot a gun and was just made to seem very weak. The Fems cant even leave their “girl power” out of the games.

A male character who is helpless and in need of rescue?

OH NO!

SAVE ME PRINCESS PEACH!

Happily, pullupjumper has an idea for a way to confront this creeping feminism:

Maybe, if any of you are interested, a couple of us can get together and start making our own games after these games become unbearable. What do you guys think?

Grimlock is right there with him:

I’m currently going to school for media arts and animation and am considering starting a small indy animation/film studio with a couple of guys from class. I also happen to be getting pretty good at 3d modeling … and even though i want to start with animation and film video games are my end game.

I don’t think I’d ever put an obvious message into a game, since I find pushing your belief onto others through mediums like videogames more than a little cunty, but will my games be misogynist? You better fucking believe it. Misogyny The likes of which will make duke nukem blush. I won’t need to tell you guys when I break into the industry, you’ll know it from the sheer uproar it’ll cause.

Misogyny … in video games? Now there’s a novel idea!

Oh, by the way, for new and/or extremely literal readers, I would like to point out that this post contains

sarcasm

CassandraSays

You can’t mock him, cloudiah, because his penis and his weaboo name make him important. It is inconceivable that you would fail to admire him and acknowledge his natural superiority, therefore there must be something else going on.

pedophile, cowardly, selfish liars

Are you referring to cowardly, selfish liars who just happen to be pedophiles (and if so, why is “liars” the main problem here?), or are you suggesting that being a cowardly, selfish liar automatically makes you a pedophile?

CassandraSays

Try not to lick your mockery, folks. You don’t know where it’s been.

cloudiah

Don’t lick the mockery, Rui, your tongue will freeze to it!

I love how he’s so “above it all” but still has to keep coming back to try to get the last word (and tell us we have no effect on him, he totally doesn’t care what we think).

Rui Arruda

Me dumb and mean, I get it.

That doesn’t change the game, though.

I’m also hairy. Maybe that can be you guys’ next subject.

cloudiah

CassandraSays ninja’d me.

Bostonian
Bostonian

We get it Rui, you totally don’t care how anyone here sees you. So you will tell us that about ten more times before flouncing off into the sunset.

Rui Arruda

Yeah, I already said what I came here for. Now the subject has been changed to my name, a typo, and stuff like that.

I’m now just enjoying being more awesome than all of you guys together lol.

cloudiah

Well you have to admit it was a pretty funny typo.

Sigh. Yeah, alright.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Ok, maybe this dipshit will tell us 15 more times how “awesome” he is and how we are totes inferior for laughing at some douche who needed to necro a dead thread to prove, to himself only, how above it all he is.

Alice
Alice

I’m now just enjoying being more awesome than all of you guys together lol.

Wow. Your life must suck.

Howard Bannister

I’m now just enjoying being more awesome than all of you guys together lol.

Son, I have belly-button lint that had a more exciting life than you.

CassandraSays

If you have to keep saying that you are a thing…

Rui Arruda

Nope, you guys are inferior at mockery. And to be honest these last posts were the worst examples. C’mon, people! “Misogyny. I mock it”! Honor the motto!

My life not suck. My life cool, ok? Damn, Alice just out-awesomed me.

I guess now that I’m defeated The Last of Us is not an explicitly feminist game anymore.

Well, I tried. Now I’ll go back to my sucky, sucky life. Another week of mockery-licking 🙁

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix

It’s interesting to see what passes as “argumentation” in a smug echo chamber community of feminists. Ad hom.

Fascinating

I suppose it’s possible that two random MRAs happened to stumble onto this month-old dead thread right at the same time, yet…

Bostonian
Bostonian

Dude and sock of dude, you are not arguing anything, you have only asserted that you are awesome and then flew around for your victory flounce.

You pretty much mock yourselves at this point.

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix

I am not a sock of Rui. You do realize that there’s a “Recent Comments” bar, right? It took me right to this particular “argument” such as it is.

CassandraSays

Aw, bless. He’s trying so hard.

Alice
Alice

Now I just feel sorry for him. 🙁

Why?

Rui Arruda

Hahaha now people think this guy is me, and NOTHING will convince them otherwise! Now it actually got literally funny.

Bostonian, did you read my posts? I described the characters in the game to show how it was a feminist game. Then came the high-level mockery like “your name funny” and I played along.

cloudiah

It’s cute when they try to keep up.

WalkingStickBug
WalkingStickBug

Wait, did I read the description of the game right (I haven’t played it) that the main character was a guy trying to get the girl across the US? Isn’t this a good guy, not a bad guy?

WalkingStickBug
WalkingStickBug

I mean even if there is only one good strong male character, that is already more than many games have in terms of female characters.

Rui Arruda

Play the game. If you say he is a good guy by the end…

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix

Rui Arruda, why are you wasting your time with these children? They consider ad hom and projection to be witty repartee. Just forget it- you can’t talk to smug pricks like these. You’ll want to avoid the whole feminist blogosphere, actually, because those types are everywhere. Check out A Voice for Men at avoiceformen.com, if you want some real meaty content.

Bostonian
Bostonian

No one said your name was funny, they did note the weaboo nature of your name, if that is what you are objecting to.

I read your objection to positive female characters, yes.

Rui Arruda

Oh boy, is it going to be hilarious… Please make sure you all see the “confirmation” hahaha

Rising Phoenix, yeah, I’m spending a lazy afternoon after having to wake up too early today. I am aware of the nature of such people. It’s a matter of survival of their ideology. It’s like natural selection: the ones that stay with the ideology are the ones who aren’t reasonable enough to see how ridicolous it is.

I was having some fun with the attempts of being clever, but yeah, now it got too childish. I made my point clear and the ad hominem “arguments” were an indication of that, as I pointed out.

But allow me to indulge in just some more childish behavior, as I want to see that “confirmation” lol. After it I will post “lol” and that’s enough procrastination for today.

cloudiah

I don’t even care whether or not they’re the same person; I just love it when our trolls speak directly to each other.

I also love it when they don’t know the difference between mockery/insults and ad hominems.

Argenti Aertheri

“This is going to be hilarious when David confirms that they are from the same location.”

Nawh, they’re 11km apart.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Right, because thinking of my daughters as human beings is the worst thing ever!

If there is a game somewhere that has positive female characters, the world will end!

If you are two separate people (which I still doubt, because you are not that good at socking)

Yeah, the cesspool of AVFM sounds about right for you. Go celebrate being a racist, sexist garbage nightmare. Make sure to hate LGBT people as much as possible, too. It’s required in the MRM.

inurashii

aw hell I wrote a thing and lost it.

So I’ll be brief:

People identified with Joel’s decision even when they thought it was wrong. They sympathized. They understood where he was coming from. He was not portrayed as a villain, he was portrayed as a tragic protagonist. That is not a feminist agenda.

Ellie made no decisions that determined her future. All along, the decisions of other people guided what happened to her. The time when we got to control her? Her life revolved around Joel’s recuperation. She had no agency. NOT a feminist protagonist.

Marlene as a purely good character? Give me a fucking break. She was a calculating manipulator with good intentions and stone cold methodology.

The game was good. The story was good. I liked it and it pulled no punches. But your ‘feminist agenda’ read is some goofball confirmation bias bullshit.

Ok back to making fun of you for unrelated stuff.

Seriously, Bostonian?

I’ll just check later for the confirmation. Jeez. You guys have the capacity to cause pain in the interlocutor’s brain.

inurashii

You guys have the capacity to cause pain in the interlocutor’s brain.

haha what

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix

Rui-

Right on. Note, even now, Bostonian’s rhetoric with regards to AVFM, the site I suggested to you- “racist, sexist garbage nightmare”. What does that mean? Without anything more specific, it means absolutely nothing. It’s politico-speak, of a kind with the propaganda of the the conservative right.

cloudiah
cloudiah

p.s. Is anyone else getting a Steele/Mr. Al vibe? If it’s just me, than nevermind…

Rui Arruda

Could I be… The Patriarch? Imposing the patriarchy on women AND men for thousands of years.

Lol it feels funny to be subject to the famous feminist paranoia. I feel like when you go to the set of a TV show you watch often.

Hi cloudiah 😀

also did that conflagrant bird seriously just say that we don’t have anything specific about AVFM being racist sexist garbage nightmare concocted by ghastly toilet people?

Are you lazy, or just impervious to observation?

inurashii

Oh yeah it’s just the picture of paranoia in here.

Look at us, huddling in piles, staring with fearful eyes at some chucklefuck telling us his bizarre conspiracy theory about a video game.

cloudiah

Look at us, huddling in piles, staring with fearful eyes

More like laughing sporadically in between trying to sort out a bunch of old maps of the San Joaquin valley.

Rui Arruda

I’m not the one who creates conspiracies in order to blame people. You’re confusing your side here.

I was speaking about people thinking I am this or that other person.

About the game, there’s no conspiracy. It was just a pathetic attempt of the creators of being politically correct. It was as cheesy as putting a boy from every continent with native clothing hugging a tree in the end of a movie about war. Just blatant and pathetic. Well, to be more precise, the white boy would have to be the cause for the end of the world after it was almost saved by the sacrifices of all the other martyr boys. Lol.

C’mon, Rising Phoenix (myself, the Patriarch) is right, I can’t spend several days in here dismissing absurd ad hominem and straw men arguments.

CassandraSays

Apparently you can indeed spend several days in here, judging by the evidence so far.

inurashii

Nobody’s asking you to dismiss things that we aren’t doing. We aren’t soliciting your strange, incomplete opinions; you are pulling them out of your pants and waving them around all by your lonesome.

We make fun of misogyny here, and your strawman parade and unironic use of the phrase ‘politically correct’ (are you from the 90s?) qualify.

If you aren’t adequately entertained by our prodding you to see what noises you make, you can peace out any old time.

grumpycatisagirl

“It was as cheesy as putting a boy from every continent with native clothing hugging a tree in the end of a movie about war.”

?? Is this something that war movies do? Did I miss that one?

Actually now I want to see this movie . . .

It’s A Small Arborist?

inurashii

It represents the appropriation of indigenous culture to slake western imperial guilt, a meaningless gesture meant to distract from the fact that large-scale war always victimizes those populations.

gelar
gelar

This is clearly an exploration of the true power of grammar.

For instance, I can think of three or more alternate interpretations of, “a boy from every continent with native clothing.”

Rui Arruda

Yeah, you guys sure know how to have fun.

I know discussion is a prohibited activity when we are talking about feminism.

You guys are so right that of course you don’t need to discuss, you just have fun with the other dumb enough people not to be part of the movement.

Like the peasants mocking scientists who would disagree with the Church back in the day. I guess every age has its share of populations brainwashed by politicians.

Continue to have fun mocking my terrible, terrible misoginy present on my objective description of the characters in the game.

I would just be wondering to see if you guys would be dishonest enough not to think that it would be a cause for a feminist uproar in case the gender of all the characters in the game was the opposite. Seriously, that is just plain and simple dishonesty. Stop living in denial, folks.

Today is the day I tried to reason with feminists. Tomorrow, I’ll try to dry water. My life doesn’t suck so bad afterall, eh? Quite challenging.