advocacy of violence alpha males creepy domestic violence douchebaggery evo psych fairy tales grandiosity heartiste men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA racism

Heartiste: Men need to be able to hit their mates in order to “retain” them

A better way to retain your mate: Be a sharp-dressed man.
A better way to retain your mate: Be a sharp-dressed man.

You may know Heartiste as a reactionary, misogynistic, proudly racist dispenser of manipulative, sometimes abusive dating advice to would-be “alpha males.”

Did you also know that he was an open advocate of domestic violence against women?

Well, I didn’t, until a friend pointed out a strange little exchange on his Twitter account the other day.

Last Tuesday morning, apropos of nothing in particular, Heartiste made the following pronouncement:

When someone asked what sort of threats he meant, he elaborated:

The latter three items on the list (“Abandonment. Shame. Ostracism”) are standard techniques in Heartiste’s dating strategy, but the open advocacy of violence is, I think, new.

In addition to being repugnant, Heartiste’s argument here doesn’t even particularly make sense. Essentially, he seems to be saying that men need to be able to hit women to keep them in line so that they won’t have to … hit women to keep them in line.

Also, the phrase “mate retention strategy,” apparently popular with Evo Psych types, gives me the creeps. I’m pretty sure the best “mate retention strategy” is to be the sort of person your “mate” wants to be in a relationship with.

I did a quick search for the phrase, and found numerous references to two academic studies. One suggested that some women fake orgasms as a “mate retention strategy.” Another possibly more revealing one claimed that men of “low mate value” often insult their mates to lower their self-esteem so they won’t feel confident enough to leave. That seems more or less in line with what Heartiste’s general approach. And certainly, by any reasonable definition of the term, Heartiste and his followers are some pretty “low value” people, both as “mates” and as decent human beings generally.

I also found this reference to research by Evo Psych big daddy David Buss suggesting that violence — surprise! — isn’t actually a particularly effective “mate retention strategy.”

Also, beating up your mate is, you know, just generally a pretty shitty thing to do.

If Heartiste takes his tweets down, I’ve got screenshots.

EDITED TO ADD: Heartiste has really been going wild with the Twitter lately.

Here he claims to have invented the term “hivemind.”

After I pointed out that this belief was delusional, he suggested that I kill myself. Very alpha!

He’s also been on a bit of a racist rampage, posting lots of stuff like this:

See also here, here, here, here, and here.

Phrasing your racism in pseudoscientific terms doesn’t make it right, dude. It just makes you a pretentious racist.

Shiraz
Shiraz

“There were some other troll tells, “that was in 2002″, and I forget what.”

Yeah. I don’t think someone from the demo he was claiming to be of says “mangina” a hell of a lot. Or shouts “White Power!” to be funny.
I also liked how he made a big fuss over getting lady friends to beat-up a woman. He thought that got him out of any abuser accusations, and that because we’re feminists, we would condone the violence committed by the ladies. Because clueless MRAs who are really into the movement actually believe feminists applaud all violence committed by any female.

LBT
LBT

RE: Argenti

There’s also a Thomas story leftover from Xenothon called Third Language, if you’re curious and want to see him first meeting up with Raige and M.D.

Argenti Aertheri

You are making me squee all over IS today!

Argenti Aertheri

Where do you go?! I require a price check on aisle M.D. art!

Greg Wright
Greg Wright

I want a group hug

Discordia
Discordia

That had some lady friends beat someone up reminded me of NWOSlave :/ Hopefully, he has flounced for good now, his writing was really disturbing..

Here is some brain bleach!

Shiraz
Shiraz

He’s here to wank again…

CassandraSays

Not that we believe his story anyway, but for anyone who did and needs reminding that most men in LA aren’t assholes.

Tiny, terrified blind dog found and rescued in South LA.

A week later, after eye surgery…

People all over the world donated to pay Fiona’s vet bill. See? Despite the efforts of people like Greg to make the world a horrible place, there are lots of good people out there.

Aw, Greg wants a hug.

He’s reminding me more and more of the Boston baby.

LBT
LBT

RE: Argenti

Just the ‘donate’ button will do. I’ve got one on the Xenothon post I linked earlier, though I’ll probably lump the funds into the Homeathon. (Which would indeed hit the next bonus sketch bar.) Also oh god, my stomach is grumbling and I’m getting dumber by the moment… Mac will soon persuade me into eating his fried eggs.

I’m assuming the CT order for Bodily Reconstruction is you?

RE: Greg Wright

You know what, I changed my mind. Now that you want the hug, I don’t think I want to give it to you. Have feminist metal instead.

Kittehserf

Yup, first thought when I skimmed troll’s tedious nastiness: he’s pretending to be a big tough guy from the ‘hood. Does anyone think he might be Mr 90% trying for a different persona? At any rate, I don’t believe a word he said.

In much happier news, it’s my birthday!

Happy Birthday, Kitteh’s!

Argenti Aertheri

Yep, that’s me (and bonus points for not remembering my legal name, I hate it after all)

Mac. Is. Cooking. I hear he’s good at that, let me know how those eggs turn out!

Argenti Aertheri

Happy birthday!

Kittehserf

Thank you! 🙂

CassandraSays

I’m almost always willing to give out hugs. But Greg? Nope, no hugs for him.

hellkell

Kitteh’s: Here’s some very lazy cats for your birthday.

Ally S

Happy Birthday, Kitteh! =D

hellkell

I would rather hug Lilly (our fat grey) in one of her super-bitey fits than hug Greg.

CassandraSays

Kittehs, otoh, can have as many hugs as she wants.

Discordia
Discordia

Happy birthday Kitteh!

CassandraSays

It’s terribly uncouth of us not to want to hug Greg. Watch out, he might call CPS on us.

(Even those of us who don’t have kids.)

auggziliary
auggziliary

Dear lord, I missed a lot.
No one called this out(that I saw, correct me if I’m wrong) but it was from a few pages ago.
Greg said he wasn’t an asshole since assholes get fucked, he’s just a dick.
This is pretty fucking obviously misogynistic. Sure some guys like penetration and some women don’t, but its still implying that getting fucked is a bad thing.

Also the term “rachet” is racist since it involves weaves, and usually white women don’t get weaves, since they have a different hair texture. Even if they do, it’s just called extensions, since its not common enough to have slang. (I’m speaking from experience a bit here).

“Environment” is NEVER an excuse for crap like that. I’m sorry, but you clearly have never lived in the “hood”. You aren’t going to get shot by some “rachet” who was “disrespecting” you just because you walked away. That’s complete bullshit. Also beatings aren’t going to help prevent that. Seriously? God you sound like a 17 year old white kid who just listens to a lot of Ice Cube.

hellkell

Auggziliary: that’s why I was thinking this might be MR. AL playing again. Remember when he tried to be a factory worker?

And of course Greg is from South Central, there’s no other hoods anywhere else. Yeah, Mr. Al discovered rap this summer.

Argenti Aertheri

And now I have Vanilla Ice stuck on my head.

That aside, yeah, he’s full of it. The superglue is the icing on the…never mind, superglue cake sounds dangerous.

Argenti Aertheri

<5 min guys, if you haven't taken my survey go do it!

CassandraSays

Is it mean of me to want to drop his dumb ass off in LA with no money or cell phone to call his mom for real?

hellkell

Although I will say that “It Was A Good Day” is one of my all-time favorite songs.

auggziliary
auggziliary

Ah I got modded for parodying super legit actual gang talk. Which doesn’t surprise me btw, just dammit.

hellkell

Nope. Hell, there’s a section of my jerkwater hometown I’d drop his candy ass off in to see if he made out alive.

Kittehserf

Thank you everybodeeee! Hugs happily accepted. I even got one at work this morning. 🙂

Lazy cats FTW!

Now I’m 50, can I officially go into Get Off My Lawn mode when necessary?

hellkell

Do they have AARP type things in Australia? Get that senior discount!

LBT
LBT

RE: Kittehs

Happy birthday! May you have delicious cake and birthday bangs!

RE: Argenti

“Enh, not happy with how they turned out. Runny, broke the yolks. Didn’t help that Hungry Ro is pretty much Drunk Ro.” –Mac

CassandraSays

Frankly I don’t think he’d last 15 minutes without ending up curled up in the corner in the fetal position shivering in terror even in Beverly Hills. All those hot women not greeting him with sufficient enthusiasm!

The “assholes get fucked” thing was over the line even for him.

cloudiah

Happy 50th, Kittehs!!!

Shiraz
Shiraz

Kitteh, happy birthday! Here’s some cake!

Kittehserf

@hellkell – I just looked up our Seniors Card discount and I have to wait another decade for it. Bummer.

@LBT – “Happy birthday! May you have delicious cake and birthday bangs!”

Best birthday wish ever. 😀

auggziliary
auggziliary

I have Natural Born Killaz stuck in my head now. Fun stuff.

Kittehserf

Caaaaake … nom nom nom

pecunium

I just saw the other thread he showed up in.

Yeah, no way he’s from South Central.

hellkell

Kitteh’s: that sucks. The AARP invite was waiting for Mr. HK before his b-day back in February. Yes, he signed up. There’s some good discounts on rental cars, hotel rooms, and other shit, why not?

LBT
LBT

RE: Kittehserf

You should’ve seen our Christmas. “Happy Godbirth, and Many Blessings Upon Your Meat” was our blessing of choice at the time.

RE: CassandraSays

The “assholes get fucked” thing was over the line even for him.

I know I should’ve been offended by something that awful, but honestly, it made me laugh. It just felt so “I AM SO MANLY GUYS LOOK HOW MANLY I AM GRRRRR” overcompensation, trying so hard to sound tough and badass, that I just couldn’t take it seriously.

Greg said he wasn’t an asshole since assholes get fucked, he’s just a dick.

That’s what I was referencing with “boo implicit homophobia.” His “defense” was that it wasn’t homophobic because women do that too. 9_9

CassandraSays

See, it read as a veiled rape threat to me. Don’t want your ass fucked? Too bad, because that’s what it’s for.

LBT
LBT

RE: katz

Yeah. Really, horrible as what he said was, I just wanted to pinch Greggy’s cheek and go, “It’s okay sweetie, your penis is very big, now run along now.” Then again, he also tried to claim he wasn’t racist with his shit about Trayvon Martin. (WTF????) So you know, troll.

Ally S

Considering that he already said that women deserved to be raped when they insult others, I think that’s a pretty accurate interpretation.

hellkell

I’m still trying to get over the super glue thing. He enjoyed that way too much.

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah I’m not touching troll Greg.

Mac — too bad, I’m more sleepy Argenti is tipsy Argenti but point noted. And you’ve got like 15 if you wanted to make use of the cookie free copy of the survey, figured I’d let you cook and eat before noting that deadline!

And Happy Godbirth was a hilarious IS moment (wiggle dance! *dies*)

cloudiah

I just felt it was like having an 8-year-old (I know I said 13 earlier, but I’m revising downwards) saying “POOP! PENIS! POOP!” over and over again, trying to get a rise out of someone.

Meh. Let’s go back to celebrating Kittehs birthday! Here’s a SFW but suggestive video for you to go along with LBT’s birthday wish. 😀

Kittehserf

Sounds more and more like the Boston baby, doesn’t it?

Wonder if the threats are aimed at all those evil women who spit on short blokes with lazy eyes, instead of fellating them in elevators, like they would if they were really respectful?