antifeminism domestic violence I'm totally being sarcastic misogyny MRA radfems oh my rape rape culture straw feminists that's completely wrong

The History of Feminism, as told by the Men’s Rights Subreddit

Let’s take a trip down memory lane with this short history of feminism, helpfully prepared for us by mountainmansOG in the Men’s Rights subreddit.

mountain1mountain2

I learn new things about feminism every day! Thanks, Men’s Rights subreddit!

LBT
LBT

RE: Kittehserf

It truly is.

RE: Argenti

It’s a point of minor pride with me that almost every major character I’ve ever written and given a damn about has fanart of them. I feel very lucky!

Muhammad

David, I will always consider you the most effeminate man on the internet.

princesssunnyburn

On the topic of MRAs seeming to think that women should have simply been happy to get the vote and stopped campaigning for our right there, that kinda just makes me laugh. They expected us to get the right to vote and then… what? NOT use it to vote in ways that improve our lives? NOT become political? They think women should have the right to vote, but not use it?

SittieKitty

I hadn’t read that before LBT. Very interesting. I’d never heard the term soulbound before either… Do you have any further reading on that term? (The concept sounds suspiciously familiar to me… as in, that’s pretty much how I’ve lived my artistic life the last decade+..)

May I ask, what’s the T stand for?

SittieKitty

princessunnyburn, they think women should have the right to vote in only the most theoretically superficial way. So yes, exactly that women should have the right to vote (because that sounds progressive! and so gentlemenly of them to allow it!) but not actual utilize it to fix major societal problems because that interferes with their privilege.

LBT
LBT

RE: Muhammad

David can’t be the most effeminate man on the Internet! I’m the most effeminate man on the Internet! You take that back right now before I glitterbomb you.

RE: SittieKitty

Here ya go!

The T is because we’re mostly known on the web as Loony-Brain or Baaing_Tree, though the latter is slowly getting fazed out. Thus, LBT. It was originally intended to be our super-stealthy invisible name, but I’m shitty with closets.

Yellaine
Yellaine

Oh David, you have been called womanly. How must that hurt, for a feminist man!

pecunium

David, I will always consider you the most effeminate man on the internet.

Oh NOES… someone Dave doesn’t know thinks gender-policing is a terrible insult, however will Dave survive?

Kittehserf

Muhammed, was that meant to be an insult or a compliment? If you meant it as an insult, you’re basically saying that characteristics coded feminine/female are bad. Is that what you mean?

Amnesia
Amnesia

Hey, guess what? My cat moved in with me today! Finally, I can pet my cat and be on the internet at the same time!

Proof from my mac camera: HEEEEEERRRRRREEEEE’S NIKO!

SittieKitty

Very awesome, thanks LBT. I’ve always just called him my muse and stopped sharing with others that I had two different reactions (mine and his) to things because people started looking at me funny. Never knew other people had that experience too… v cool.

SittieKitty

Beautiful Amnesia! I’ve got a soft spot for orange kitties and long haired cats.

Kittehserf

@Amnesia – Beauuuutifulllllll kitty! I love cats with longer faces and ears. Yay for Niko being home!

@LBT – totally different meaning but I really like the term soulbound. Sort of applicable here, y’know? 🙂

LBT
LBT

RE: Kittehserf and SittieKitty

It’s actually ‘soulbond,’ usually. But yeah, it’s not uncommon, I think. My introduction to plurality was through the SB community, actually, even though we don’t really fit anymore.

Kittehserf

Ha – Louis just said “soulwed,” even better.

Kittehserf

Whoops, I must have misread it on your page! 😛

SittieKitty

Oops, I plead typos because I’ve been up nearly 36 hrs…

Argenti Aertheri

Wait, he’s the most effeminate man on the net? Are their no drag queens online? Cuz the vast majority ID as men and pull of some very feminine shows…

This is me taking a break from giving the data spreadsheet useful headers. Cuz my everything hurts from sitting in that position.

LBT — you should be proud! Please tell me Biff’s fanart has that whiff of “now get lost”.

Kittehserf

If only my stepson were on the net …

SittieKitty, sounds like a fair reason to me!

SittieKitty

Yep. Insomnia, you don’t choose it, it chooses you, and then keeps you all night up just to laugh at you. o/

Aaliyah

David, I will always consider you the most effeminate man on the internet.

Too bad that’s not an insult.

XD I fucking adore you folks

Shiraz
Shiraz

“I’ll admit my research into feminism is woefully incomplete…”

No shit. There were “radfems” before WW II? Hmm. Wow. Really?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yeah, it might have been a good idea to stop there. And then maybe go do some research.

Only a woman or a mangina would let a total lack of information, skill, experience, or talent interfere with their ability to tell others how to do things they don’t know how to do themselves.

Kristine
Kristine

Oh, shit! They’re on to us! I guess I’ll have to tell my lady friends that our plans for world domination are ruined. At least our plans for a tea party on hard chairs with bon-bons and scented candles are still on!

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

Mountainmansog:

Look, I can’t control my assfax. They just issue forth as they will. Who am I to censor things, unless they are women?

No shit. There were “radfems” before WW II? Hmm. Wow. Really?

Timelord Valerie Solanas.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Katz, hahahaha. Funny shit.

Now I want to make a meme of Valerie Solanas Photoshopped into various historical pictures. But I’m lazy.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Also, I thought it was shit lords and the MRA who invented the “rape monster” biotruth. We say repeatedly that rape is not normative behavior.

cloudiah

Can we bribe Kittehs to do this? Can she start here: http://i.imgur.com/PS5BWu9.jpg

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I don’t understand what’s ridiculous about the idea there were radical feminists before WWII. Just going by what I know, Maria Lacerda de Moura was fairly radical, and she died a few months before WWII ended. Or are we talking a particular kind of “radfem”? As far as I’ve seen, that’s a pretty broad category that’s mainly applied to almost any feminist by MRAs and to TERFs by most other feminists.

lowquacks
lowquacks
CassandraSays
CassandraSays

The term “radical feminist” has a very specific meaning, it isn’t about “radical” in the colloquial sense.

Kittehserf

Dammit! A bribe on offer and I get ninjaed!

How about Valerie Wollstonecraft?

Quackers
Quackers

my God, have you all seen this? it’s hilarious. There is an AMA thread with a divorce lawyer in r/MR and he’s basically telling them there is no anti-male bias. He even mentions how he’s seen women get thrown in jail numerous times for not paying child support.

Not surprisingly a lot of the MRAs are being annoying and insisting there is a bias and basically covering their ears refusing to listen.

just search for “bias” and you’ll see the key comments.

Kittehserf

Haven’t looked at it myself, but a few people here have! 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

Oh that thread! That poor lawyer seems clueless why they’re being fools. As in, he seems like a decent fellow.

Detached
Detached

Did that topic get flooded with moderates/normal people? It seems fairly civil now.

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

My ex-SIL may soon be one of them. After two years of separation and her never paying him a dime, my brother finally got court ordered support, which she still isn’t paying. He just got notice last week that they have a court date in July, because the state is going after her for it. She isn’t even the only deadbeat parent in her family — women and men. He’s so broke he can’t afford to divorce her, although my mother and I both keep telling him we’ll pay for a damned lawyer (we want him to get a lawyer because there are kids involved and she’s a financial and legal mess).

Argenti Aertheri

Detached — it was at least 85% normal when I saw it hours ago.

Detached
Detached

Meh, I came in thinking it was going to be a sane person trying to talk to a bunch of delusional clowns most of the way. It’s nice that most of the civil discussion is up on top, while the more stupid shit is hidden or just scarce.

That guy did a good thing, honestly, it did a lot for me. In all this time, I never thought about actually asking a lawyer about divorce laws and what is fact and what is fiction.

Falconer

Timelord Valerie Solanas.

Whoisvaleriesolanas.co.uk

Snope

Raping someone to sleep. I don’t even.

cloudiah

Kittehs & lowquacks, nice photoshopping!

Also, that divorce lawyer’s credibility is now being questioned on another thread in r/mr. They went through his comment history, and have decided that (a) he’s not a lawyer, though he might be a law student; (b) he’s a shitty lawyer; (c) he went to a bad law school; (d) since he’s not a MRA, he must be lying. They are going through his entire comment history on Reddit looking for ways to attack him. Next step doxxing!

emilygoddess

@Cloudiah I give it 20 more minutes until he’s accused of being a feminist plant

Amnesia
Amnesia

See, MRAs? Stuff like this is why you guys can’t have nice things. Like credibility.

Hyena Girl

@Emilygoddess:
Abort! Abort! Agent #5’s cover has been blown. Go to plan tangerine now!

freemage
freemage

BTW, I’ve got a friend who went through an ugly, ugly divorce. Both sides had reasons for their behavior, lots of bad communication, everything festered until it just blew up (fortunately, no kids to be put through that). The ex-wife’s conduct after this went south made it pretty clear that she thought that the system worked the way it does in MRAland–woman gets everything, no matter what she does with regard to the case, etc, etc.

This is NOT what happened. The court did the math on a 50/50 split, including a good deal of effort at determining how to account for money given by his parents towards their house and her education. At the end of the deal, he ended up with the house, the cheaper of the two cars, and a portion of her pension when she finally retires; she got the newer car, and about 8 grand in cash. No alimony in either direction. Keep in mind–the house, while not large, is fully paid off.

ignotussomnium
ignotussomnium

Poor guy seems so baffled by their bullshittery. What? The law isn’t perfect but judges do their best to determine things fairly? NOOO IT MUST BE THE FELLUMINATI