antifeminism fidelbogen grandiosity mansplaining misogyny MRA straw feminists twitter

@Fidelbogen is killing it on Twitter with his antifeminist bon mots #NotReally #SeriouslyTheyreAwful

So our old friend Fidelbogen the Counter-Feminist Agent of Male Renaissance has gotten on the Twitter. And even though he hasn’t yet figured out how to replace his generic egg avatar, and has managed to amass only 44 followers (one of them me), he’s been tweeting up a storm in the last couple of days.

Indeed, he’s so proud of his recent tweets that he screenshotted a bunch of them and put them on his blog under the title Casting Your Breadcrumbs Upon the Water. (Huh. I thought the expression was “Cast your bread upon the waters.” Maybe Fidelbogen is hoping to recruit some ducks?)

Anyway, I thought I’d give his timely tweety wisdom a somewhat wider audience. I hope he won’t mind.

tweets

Can you all suggest some more Fidelbogenisms for him to post?

CassandraSays

I’m not sure that’s a useful way of measuring class in terms of feminism, given the extent to which family of origin impacts educational opportunities, and the fact that the “feminists are all middle or upper class” argument is very much about educational background.

thekidwiththereplaceablehead

Feminism aims to frighten men into acquiescing to to feminist demands; a form of terrorism. #Gal-Qaeda

thekidwiththereplaceablehead

I thought I was pretty clever with Gal-Qaeda there, but google reveals that term has already been unironically used by several MRAs/conservatives. Poe’s law strikes again.

leftwingfox

#Gal-Qaeda

DAMMIT! Sparking lemonade is an AWFUL nasal irrigator.

Kittehserf

I wasn’t thinking of it in terms of feminism, only in the Manboobz demographic – and there’s a separate question for education level.

I think I might go do some knitting. I’m nearly finished that jumper and I’m tired of seeing the rape advocate in all the threads.

CassandraSays

“Gal-Qaeda” proves once and for all that MRAs have no sense of irony.

Argenti Aertheri

Those definitions —

All monetary amounts in USD, and definitions are combination of Dennis Gilbert, 2002; William Thompson & Joseph Hickey, 2005; Leonard Beeghley, 2004.

Upper Class — Top-level executives, high-rung politicians, celebrities, heirs. Ivy League education common; income of $500,000+ common.

Upper Middle Class — Highly-educated (often with graduate degrees), most commonly salaried, professionals and middle management with large work autonomy. Household incomes varying from the high 5-figure range to commonly above $100,000.

Middle Class — College-educated workers with considerably higher-than-average incomes and compensation; a man making $57,000 and a woman making $40,000 may be typical.

Working Class — Clerical and most blue-collar workers whose work is highly routinized, often have low job security. Standard of living varies depending on number of income earners, but is commonly just adequate; common household incomes range from $16,000 to $30,000. High school education.

Working Poor — Service, low-rung clerical and some blue-collar workers. High economic insecurity and risk of poverty. Some high school education. Poverty line.

Lower Class — Those who occupy poorly-paid positions, limited or no participation in labor force or rely on government transfers. Some high school education. Income below poverty line.

Argenti Aertheri

Fixed that fucking mess of a middle class definition, added current/recent to the question. Once David posts it I can’t edit it without clearing the data, so make any other suggestions quickly!

Aaliyah

Looks great to me, Argenti! ^_^

CassandraSays

Yep, that’s definitely an American way of defining class. I’m aware that I’m totally outnumbered here though.

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah, I know it is, but I’ve seen a shit ton of “idk” and “we own a house therefor see middle class!” while barely paying the bills. So I included what actual, concrete measurements I could find which, yes, are US based. It’s optional and does say best describes you.

How would I even go about getting at, say, British class if people insist their class is wtf their parents was? Wouldn’t the replies be the same with or without definitions?

If you have an idea how to get decent data out of people who’re going to describe their class as the one they were born into, explain?

I’m fucking exhausted and about to pass out tough.

CassandraSays

I think of class and income as separate but related variables. There’s definitely a correlation, but they’re not interchangeable, if that makes sense.

The Anglosphere part of the internet as a whole tends to default to American ways of defining things, though, which I dislike but accept as just one of those things.

Argenti Aertheri

Eh, I get that. And thought about just straight up asking how much you make, but felt too squicky. Tossing in a note not to decide based solely on income though.

Cat
Cat

Is it just me, or is he so incoherent my brain can’t process it? Maybe, I’m having a stroke.

CassandraSays

Irony here in that discomfort about discussing income in blunt terms is something that most Brits would find very familiar!

Argenti Aertheri

What it is now:

Which Socio-economic class best describes your current/recent situation? Definitions are directly below the question but please don’t rely solely on the income part of the definitions.
Upper Class
Upper Middle Class
Middle Class
Working Class
Lower Class

Middle Class — College-educated workers with considerably higher-than-average incomes and compensation. Semi-professionals and craftsmen with some work autonomy and a roughly average standard of living. Most have some college education and are white-collar. Incomes commonly range from $35,000 to $75,000.

Argenti Aertheri

And now I have to go to bed before I pass out. Goodnight and thanks again for your assistance.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Heh. The oilsands bork it all anyway, because the people making over $100K per year don’t necessarily have much education. Sleep well, Argenti.

SandinaFem
SandinaFem

Fidel seems to have issues with women in power. Men have screwed it up over the centuries, so how about giving women a chance?

CassandraSays

Yep, this is why I was saying that class, income, and let’s add education are all independent variables. Often related, but still independent.

eseldbosustow

I just tweeted at him and pointed out that “women getting power” (whatever he means by that) does not imply “female supremacy”, which is ironic, since he called this the “logical conclusion”. Apparently fidelbogen wouldn’t understand logic if it seduced him, married him, and then divorced him and took half of his assets in the misandric divorce court system. (sarcasm)

Leum
Leum

In terms of the definitions of class proposed, I object on the grounds that I’m unlikely to earn more than what was defined as “working class” despite having a college diploma, and I’ll be unlucky to make even that much. The jobs market for people in my age demographic (18-30) is so sucky that there are basically no jobs anymore.

Leum
Leum

*unlikely

cloudiah

I want someone who is more active on Twitter than I am (i.e. almost every USian) to spam Fidelbogen with our joke tweets to see what his response is. 😀

MaudeLL

“Hypergamy: the female imperative to infinitely seek higher value men. Its logical conclusion leads to men with infinite bank accounts. #Mathematical impossibility #LoopedVortex #RestrainHypergamy”

CassandraSays

Why is he using what appears to be a hard boiled egg as his Twitter icon?

lowquacks
lowquacks

@CassandraSays

Presumably because he hasn’t figured out how to change the thing or hasn’t bothered. The egg (a baby bird, get it. . .) is the default twitter icon.

eseldbosustow

Well, I’m bored. Making fun of fidelbogen is just too easy. It’s like when you look at a KKK twitter feed and you think, “Hey, I should say something,” and then you realize that the tweets pretty much invalidate themselves without requiring any mockery. It’s a parody of itself, really.

I think it’s almost endearing that he’s the unofficial twitter account of hilarious MRA propaganda snippets. Actually, let me say “incipits” instead of “snippets”, because the former is snappier. It’s amazing how someone can tweet so much and literally say nothing about anything.

Oh wait, that’s what Twitter is for anyway.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Fidelbogen is killing *something*, that much is certain.

That third one about “finite” equality really confuses me. Is he in favor of quotas? If so, what happened to the “b-b-but the BEST MAN FOR THE JOB!” canard?

Also, what is “feminist guilt”? I’m even more confused. Probably.because the survey exposed my true identity: I’m ferrets in a David suit. (Three ferrets, to be exact. We work in eight-hour shifts.)

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

I tend to shy away from lookism, but this time I’m sort of unable to stop myself from noticing that @Fidelbogen looks like the stereotypical serial killer.

CassandraSays

Curse you for encouraging us to look at his picture. Now I’ll have nightmares in which some scary-ass dude with a ‘stache chases me around with a machete while spouting TimeCube-worthy gibberish.

hellkell
hellkell

I always pictured the stereotypical serial killer looking a little more Ted Bundyish.

Fidelbogen just looks really, really ordinary.

CassandraSays

Also, I guess he’s reading this thread, since the egg has been replaced. The blur effect is a bit creepy – Photoshop is a privilege, dude, not a right.

auggziliary
auggziliary

Lol, “females”.

Shadow
Shadow

Am I the only one who thinks he looks out of his time? I fully expect a full length picture to show him wearing a tunic and leggings

CassandraSays

It is both a practical and a psychological impossibility for a feminist to come clean about feminist guilt and yet remain a feminist.

No, dude, you have it all wrong. It’s physiologically impossible for feminists to “come clean about feminist guilt” – if we say the words “feminist guilt” we explode.

Shadow
Shadow

@Fibinachi

“Feminists are suppressing time travel! It’s their hypertime nature! #Hypertimoussluts “InfiniteMRA”

This tweet is missing a RT@DavidKMeller

@ Shadow

Hark! Prithee hear my tale of persecuted penis woe! What evil through yonder misandrist window breaks?

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

The neglected question of women’s moral accountability is the fat, disease-ridden fly in the feminist oatmeal. #feminism #MRA #MGTOW @avfm— Fidelbogen (@fidelbogen) June 23, 2013

Waiter, there is a feminist in my oatmeal!

CassandraSays

I give up. He’s impossible to parody – too ridiculous.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

In theory, feminism is about equality. In practice, it is about Orwellian pretzel logic to prove that female supremacy is equality #MRA— Fidelbogen (@fidelbogen) June 23, 2013

He should put that on a bumper sticker!

hellkell
hellkell

What’s this feminist doing in my oatmeal?

The backstroke.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Feminists like to cook strawberries and cream flavored oatmeal in their MICROWAVE OF MISANDRY!

#Fight the matriarchy!

Shadow
Shadow

@Cassandra

He makes me think of a less coherent Luther. I also expect him to start talking about “the Godless Orientals” and “savages”(I think he already has).

@thebionicmommy

While I usually want to grieve for the English language when I read any of his articles that get linked here, something magical happens when he tries to create pithy slogans and memes.

auggziliary
auggziliary

Why oatmeal? He’s so awkward.

filo4000
filo4000

he has a youtube channel too but there’s zero percent chance I’m clicking on any of the videos

CassandraSays

Feminist-controlled OSHA ruins men’s oatmeal by making the flies wear hairnets.

#illuminati

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

@Shadow, I agree, it is truly magical.

Here’s another goodie.

The ruling elite of planet Earth is a male elite — and feminism is their instrument of control. #feminism #MRA #MGTOW #antifeminism #avfm— Fidelbogen (@fidelbogen) June 23, 2013

The phrase “ruling elite of planet earth” sounds like something from an episode of Transformers or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Shadow
Shadow

@filo4000

Bless you!!!! That channel is awesome. Guys!! This motherfucker actually talks how he writes!! It is amazeballs!!