antifeminism fidelbogen grandiosity mansplaining misogyny MRA straw feminists twitter

@Fidelbogen is killing it on Twitter with his antifeminist bon mots #NotReally #SeriouslyTheyreAwful

So our old friend Fidelbogen the Counter-Feminist Agent of Male Renaissance has gotten on the Twitter. And even though he hasn’t yet figured out how to replace his generic egg avatar, and has managed to amass only 44 followers (one of them me), he’s been tweeting up a storm in the last couple of days.

Indeed, he’s so proud of his recent tweets that he screenshotted a bunch of them and put them on his blog under the title Casting Your Breadcrumbs Upon the Water. (Huh. I thought the expression was “Cast your bread upon the waters.” Maybe Fidelbogen is hoping to recruit some ducks?)

Anyway, I thought I’d give his timely tweety wisdom a somewhat wider audience. I hope he won’t mind.

tweets

Can you all suggest some more Fidelbogenisms for him to post?

martindufresne
martindufresne

Fideling while men’s homes are burning?

martindufresne
martindufresne

“Bloodhound without an intellect?”

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I reject the frame of feminism, thereby entering the realm of non-feminism, a magical land free of misandry inside my wardrobe. #MRA/MHRA/M(H)RA

CL
CL

He has a real interesting problem with words and their meanings, doesn’t he?

j
j

The nazis killed millions of jews through gaschambers, feminazis deprived millions of men through friendzoning

titianblue
titianblue

Feminists, hide under a rock while you still have time!

But I don’t like hiding under rocks. Its cold & damp & worm-y. Can I hide behind the sofa instead?

j
j

#Genocide #Holocaust #Blueballs

augochlorella
augochlorella

…u will infinitely rob men in order to give to women.

infinitely

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

How about

“Feminists! I say unto you knock it off with all the Feminism, already!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

The innumerate eschaton of beginningnosity so immanent to the current generation of White Knighting begs the question: when the altazimuth? #MHRA #deepthoughts

cloudiah

My sister is letting me play with her new laptop! So of course I am composing tweets for Fidelbogen:

Feminists evidence internet-born narcissism, feeding us in shallow and un-nutritious ways. Like cupcakes, a trend that deserves death #MRA

Feminists are enablers of women, like cupcakes they let women cruise the sugary world of self-indulgence. #MRA #trypaleodiet

Men are operating as de facto deputies of feminism. We must will an alternative subjectivity to the cupcakes it engenders #DontEatSugar

Our duty is to manfully endure, oppose the vaunting foe, digest and excrete defeats, until we can take away the cupcakes of feminism #SeriouslyINeedASnack

auggziliary
auggziliary

What’s with the infinity stuff?
That’s like saying the civil rights movement would rob white people eventually and infinitely.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle,

Here’s another one for you from Fidelbogen’s twiiter feed.

——————————————————————————————————————-
“The main thing about feminists is, THEY LIE. Without falsehood, feminism would never have gotten off square one.”
——————————————————————————————————————-

He also links to an article in his tweet, that claims to debunk a particular feminist auther. Truth be told, even if he found one dishonest feminist that wouldn’t prove that feminism has survived on falsehood or that historically our society has not been dominated by men, or that historically women were not treated unfairly and had their rights violated.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle,

Hmm.. I didn’t realize it would show his tweet in my comment like that.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle,

Off course you asked me for something for him that could post on twitter.

How about “Fight the matriarchy, even through we can’t prove the world is run by women, trust us, it is”

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle,

Actually lets change that, to

“Fight the matriarchy, even through we can’t prove the world is run by evil women, trust us, it is”

That’s more dramatic and technically “MRA” ideology does kind of state that our society is run by malevolent females.

bookdragonette
bookdragonette

@titianblue

Can I hide behind the sofa instead?

Silly, that’s what you do when the Daleks are on.

Come to think of it, MRA’s are like Daleks, although the Daleks are open about their desire to exterminate anyone who is not them.

LBT
LBT

Hmm. Falconer and Argenti don’t seem to be here right now, but I’ll leave this post for them anyway, for when he eventually returns from taking care of his new tiny!Falconers and zie returns from taking care of zer fishies.

The prompt Falconer sponsored, ‘The Ship Of Dreams’ has been posted! Thanks, Falconer! Also, I’m selling little $5 print copies for another (much longer) story I just finished! Woo!

In other news, fidelbogen is bloviating and Pope Bears shit in Catholic woods.

RE: cloudiah

I can’t even bear to click those links.

Xen
Xen

“Hide under a rock while you still have time!”

No thanks, I think I’ll throw the rock.

dsfrogs
dsfrogs

Can I hide *on* the sofa, while watching TV?

Chaos Engineer
Chaos Engineer

…u will infinitely rob men in order to give to women.

I didn’t even know I had an infinite amount of stuff.

If any woman wants an infinite amount of my stuff, she just needs to show me where it is, and I’ll give her a 10% finder’s fee. 10% of infinity is still infinity so that seems like a reasonable deal.

hellkell
hellkell

“Hide under a rock while you still have time?” Or what? Fidelbogen’s going to throw an unwieldy, poorly thought out sentence at my head?

CassandraSays

If he gets any less interesting I may go hide in bed.

Aaliyah

Watch out for his Arbitrary capitalization!

CassandraSays

I asked OF about that in the other thread! Maybe he’ll answer when his time out is over. I really do want to know why MRAs do that.

leftwingfox

Anything with the density of depleted uranium can’t be healthy, even if it is dull as a bowling ball.

hellkell
hellkell

I think it’s because they are by and large self-taught. Not that there’s anything wrong with that in and of itself. But MRAs think they’re capable of more/smarter than they actually are. They learn one thing and think they know all the things.

Aaliyah

@hellkell

I think you’re right. One online anti-feminist I know (who is pretty much indistinguishable from an MRA even though he doesn’t call himself one) said something like “Men finding women attractive = misogyny. Feminism 101” in response to someone else calling objectification sexist.

It was just one thing he said, but it really exemplified, in my view, the sheer smugness of so many MRAs.

And then there’s the fact that a lot of MRAs are libertarians, who also tend to be very arrogant because of being self-taught. They think they know all the economics and then suddenly they are social justice experts, too. Or something like that.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

“The Feminist Agenda is all about the feminist agenda! #TruFaxx #MRA #Tautology”

“Fight them in the beaches! Fight them in the breaches! Fight them in your breeches! #MRA #WardrobeMalfunction”

“Feminists are suppressing time travel! It’s their hypertime nature! #Hypertimoussluts “InfiniteMRA”

“Solanas = Sol, Anas = As An Sol = Feminists are trying to ressurect summerian goddess An to replace the SUN! #MythologySluts #MRA”

“Two birds in the bush is better than one feminists on the couch, because the house is city in Russia! #Idiom #MRA!”

“Feminists are suppressing oppression! Help keep opression real! Fight inclusiveness! #OverlordElam”

“I slept with a girl! #ForneyForPresident”

CassandraSays

The combination of smug and dumb or uneducated really brings out my inner snarky bitch, unfortunately. I try to reign it in because in some cases it could seem classist (though with most MRAs I don’t think their poor writing skill have to do with class so much as a refusal to pay attention in class).

Lady Mondegreen

Can I hide behind the sofa instead?

Slather yourself in lotions and body mist and suchlike girly fragrance products. Light a bunch of scented candles.* That’ll throw the intellectual bloodhounds off the scent, and you can go back to whatever it was you were doing before Fidelbottom issued his dire warning.

* The frangrance-sensitive will have to come up with an alternative plan. I can’t think of everything.

stacydianne
stacydianne

@CassandraSays, I wonder how the MRM breaks down, class-wise. They’ve always struck me as mostly entitled middle-class dudes, but I have no evidence for that impression.

Re raging at the smug and dumb–I think Edith Sitwell expressed it perfectly:

“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”

Lady Mondegreen

(Damn Word Press switched my nyms again. Sorry. I’m not intentionally sock puppeteering. )

CassandraSays

What a perfect quote. Also, my impression is that most of them are middle class too, mostly because their of how their complaints are focused.

hellkell
hellkell

/sarcasm

CassandraSays

See, the difference between feminism and the MRM is that feminists will openly admit that our movement has historically been dominated by white middle-class women, and that certain segments of it (ie who gets book deals, who gets asked to speak for feminism on CNN) still are. We can also break down the reasons why that happened and in some areas continues to happen, at which point the MRA dudes would be sitting there looking confused and going “wait, what’s kyriarchy?”

Falconer

Took the hatchlings to the pool. Got plenty of female attention … from the tween set, and their mothers. I don’t think I need to worry about making MRAs think they oughta try carting around an infant as an aphrodisiac, they spend whatever time they have after hating women on trying not to have to care for babies.

Thanks for the story, LBT!

Aaliyah

Another difference is that it’s actually possible to find feminists who are decent human beings. The same can’t be said for MRAs – at least in my experience.

CassandraSays

They keep telling us that decent MRAs exist, and then pointing us towards people who are awful human beings as “evidence”.

CassandraSays

Also! When feminists disagree with each other we have either a civilized argument (good) or a nasty blog war (not good). What we don’t do is threaten each other’s kids.

Aaliyah

Also, while of course this isn’t universal, one of the things that I’m very happy to see among many feminists is that they don’t even have tolerance for bigotry against people they don’t like. For instance, when Buntzums/Robert made ableist remarks about JtO in an older thread, everyone called him out for being bigoted even though the notion that JtO is an asshole is widely agreed on. That’s a very good mark of sincerity that I have rarely seen in anti-feminist communities (what a surprise).

CassandraSays

Yeah, I don’t like WBB at all, but threatening her or setting the flying monkeys of rage on her or her kids as a result of a disagreement? That’s not on, and I’ll stand up for her no matter how much I dislike her.

Basically if you have any principles at all those principles can’t be suspended just because you don’t like the person who’s being treated in a way that’s wrong.

CassandraSays

Or, to be clearer – my ethics are not context-dependent, and if your are you need to reconsider how honest you’re being with yourself.

Argenti Aertheri

“cassandra: now, now, without a full demographic breakdown of them, you best make sure feminism isn’t all middle class too.”

Ah, well, among my test sample 6 people answered that, 3 middle class, 2 working class, and 2 lower class (one of which is my broke ass)

CassandraSays

It occurs to me that how people define class is country-of-origin dependent, and that may muck up the survey a bit. For example, a Brit probably won’t self-define as working class if they weren’t born into a working class family no matter how broke they might currently be, whereas an American might.

CassandraSays

And, on the flip side, my Dad would self-define as working class even though he’s been rather well off for at least 30 years.

hellkell
hellkell

Oh, I know. I was just sending up OF’s ridiculous ASSertion (because for all his words, he has yet to bring an argument) that because two things are of similar makeup, they are exactly the same.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

A feminist needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle: desperately when on dry land! #narrativebreaking #non-feminist #MHRA #sickburns

The revolution will be non-feminist, because as we all know most successful revolutions aren’t about anything #non-feminist #apatheticresistance

Kittehserf

The survey has a good set of defnitions for the classes. They might not be how we’d think of them (I’d think of myself as lower middle class, in everyday terms) but they do provide a consistent meaning for this. It’s more about current income and type of work than anything else.

1 2 3 4