"proxy violence" douchebaggery dozens of upvotes evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats reddit

Killing an ex-wife: A Men’s Right?

Evidently it is, at least according to these Men’s Rights Redditors and the people who upvoted them:

MRcontractkilling

Oh, I know, they were JOKING. Pretty hilarious joke there, fellas!

I’ve got a few more based on the same formula:

How many [insert name of group you don’t like] does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

It only takes one to “accidentally” electrocute themselves doing this routine household chore, if you catch my drift, nudge nudge.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

I don’t know but it would be a shame if he didn’t make it all the way across if you know what I mean.

Knock knock

Who’s there?

It would be a shame if the person you let in the door were to murder your family, hint hint.

Yeah, those really aren’t jokes, per se, are they?

Thanks to Cloudiah for pointing me to this lovely little Men’s Rights subreddit exchange.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Oh for the love of Maude. There’s not much that can appen in life without these dunderheads wanking over how to kill or harm a woman.

In which states is alimony granted to women for ife?

And di anyone point ouut that if the ex husband is paying four grand a month, its more than likely he has the skills and resources to both retire and change jobs if he wished.

Kittehserf

Ah yes, classy as ever. These are the same guys who are “gentle” and “kind” and should be allowed to do whatever they want, according to that niggle character.

cloudiah

I really want to post this there, but I don’t want to deal with the doxxers that would undoubtedly result.

Flora @ Subspecies (@florasubspecies)

If you click through to the video, the guy (and yes, it is his comments, you can find them repeated online in multiple places) is a homophobe to boot – his wife “chose” a “lesbian lifestyle.”

Flora @ Subspecies (@florasubspecies)

Via Lee Kallet’s change.org profile (where he has signed numerous petitions for alimony law reform), this is how he tells the story:

I am paying $4000/month in lifetime alimony to the ex-wife who left the marriage because she changed her sexual orientation and is now a lesbian. She had several adulterous affairs with other women and left the marriage and was rewarded with lifetime alimony and now I can’t retire. She is healthy, college educated, and was in her early 40’s when she made this life change. She doesn’t work and has no motivation to be self-supporting because she doesn’t have to. Alimony reform is necessary and long overdue.

Source

Kittehserf

@Flora – am I the only one who looks at his screed and thinks “Cool story, bro”?

I wonder if he’s trolling them? This reads very much like the sort of shit these guys get tricked by all the time. It ticks all the boxes.

Kittehserf

Hmm, maybe not, if he’s all over the place it’s probably not trolling. Pity, in this case, but I still don’t believe him.

hellkell
hellkell

I wonder if he never LET her work? Something in the milk ain’t clean with this story, alimony is rare in the first place, and life time alimony has got to be rarer. Plus at that amount, he must be making serious money (if, again, his story is true).

When do the assclowns on reddit NOT want to harm a woman?

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

In trying to independently find something about this story, I saw that Governor Rick Scott vetoed an overhaul of alimony laws in Florida one month ago. That’s Rick Scott, who is just about the slimiest conservative asshat in the country, and I’m saying this as a Wisconsinite who is being governed by Scott Walker. RICK SCOTT VETOED IT. (The bill didn’t just affect future divorces but actually retroactively altered established court ordered payments)

MaudeLL

As far as I know, Florida alimony is 10 to 20% (it’s rarely 20%) of the difference between the higher earner and the lower earner. Let’s say he got the worst possible outcome, (his ex-wife has no income and no assets + 20%, which is very rare) it means he makes 20 grand a month. And yes, he can change jobs.

16 grand a month! He’s technically homeless! Give this man a soup and a blanket!

@pillowinhell

Your Maude expression was odd…

MaudeLL

@ Chie

Yeah, if I remember well AVfM ran a story a few weeks ago about Scott. It went something like “Radfem Rick Scott, perpetrator of violent crimes against men”.

Something like that.

Aaliyah

I still find it hard to believe that some people actually find such jokes funny.

hellkell
hellkell

AVfM is so dumb. I’m sure Rick Scott’s a lot of thing, but radfem isn’t one of them.

J
J

Hey, is it just me or does everyone always check up on here /just/ to see if the Male Liberty Movement has started to advocate rape or mass murder yet? They are all such angry, self-righteous misogynists it’s bound to happen sooner or later – gawking at boobz is like watching a tragedy in slow-motion. I think Tom Martin justifying child rape was the absolute lowest of the low, but we all know these nice guys perceive gentle little admonishments like “absolute lowest of the low” as a challenge.

All I know is that, when it does inevitably happen, I’ll still be angry that these people breath the same air as me.

:'(

Flora @ Subspecies (@florasubspecies)

@kittehserf

In other versions of the story he’s posted online, she left her job and marriage of 20 years to run away with her lesbian cousin. Seems totally legit. I wish Florida published their legal cases online so we could look up the case and see what actually happened.

Kittehserf

@Flora – yes, if anything of this happened at all, in any form, it’d be interesting to know what he’s leaving out.

Easy enough to guess, though.

@J – they use weasel words, but they’ve been advocating rape and murder for ages. These are the men who admire George Sodini, Marc Lepine, Thomas Ball and Anders Breivik, among others, and think more men should commit mass murder of women and anyone else not a white dude.

Detached
Detached

The idea that they would joke about something like that really sickens me. And if they aren’t joking, then they really are sad people. Taking someone’s life? Just because of divorce? Fuck that.

I don’t care how hurt you are, harming someone like that is over the line.

Argenti Aertheri

I’ve got an ex whose mother got a shit ton in the divorce settlement — she’d never worked until she was retirement age and got all empty nest let me teach preschool (for the church, for a pittance), he was Big Money before the dot bubble burst and not too bad after (like, the way I heard it, millions worth of Big Money)…and that was MA.

So yeah, if she’s no real chance to make more than poverty line, and he’s loaded, she’s going to get alimony, potentially a lot of it. (And, I assume, switch up the genders once millionaire women start supporting stay at home dads)

Kittehserf

@Detached – that’s the question in my mind: are they really joking, or is it the sort of “joke” where they’re saying what they’d really like to do? I suspect there’s more truth in their fantasising about killing women than most of them would admit publicly.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What do you mean “started to”? Berge has been quite open about advocating rape.

Detached
Detached

I’m trying to think, now, I do know that there are groups that are more likely to admit to shit like that than others. I believe Loveshys and the likely dead TFL movement (true forced loneliness) are those groups. But Loveshys and TFLers are a totally different can of worms, and I think even MRAs are annoyed by them. But I’m not sure.

TFLers were pretty much on Sodini’s case for the longest time, using him as a symbol of how “Men and women/society makes their own killers”. Honestly, I didn’t know MRAs cared for Sodini like the TFLers did until I came here.

Kittehserf

Pretty much any man who abuses women in any way – from abusive language to murder – is a winner with these guys.

I’m glad to say I’d never heard of TFLs before this moment – they sound like GovernmentGetsGirlfriends multiplied.

Aaliyah

[Trigger warning for blantant rape apologia]

Speaking of anti-feminists who advocate rape, I recently ran into one on another forum who thinks that, if a prostitute changes her mind about having sex with you, raping her is completely acceptable because she’s your property and you paid for it. The same dude who thinks that a man who went to jail because of a false conviction of rape should be allowed to rape his accuser. The same dude who thinks that marital rape isn’t really rape because tacit consent. The same dude who thinks that having sex with a drunk woman who is almost completely unaware of her surroundings and has severe physical and mental impairments is not rape.

Yes, that makes me want to throw up, too.

Aaliyah

[continued trigger warning]

Oh, and that guy said the thing about raping prostitutes in response to that recent case of a man being acquitted of murder charges when he murdered a prostitute. He expressed his dislike of the murder dispassionately and then proceeded to say that raping her would have been totally okay.

Argenti Aertheri

Is this that same guy who we already knew was incapable of empathy? Because we, I hope there’s only the one of him.

TFL…yeah, sounds like GGG’s sort of people (oh gods, I saw his innocuous cousin of twitter earlier, I have to find that!)

Kittehserf

Lord, Aaliyah, that makes some of our nastier trolls here look classy.

Argenti Aertheri

Calling the cops cuz people on the internet called you a transphobe! Totally. Reasonable. (See, it’s like if GGG were actually funny!)

Kittehserf

GGG’s innocuous cousin? There’s a mind-boggling image!

Ha – I was thinking more of “local council gets coffee buddies” or something. 😛

melody

The law regarding “lifetime” alimony that relates to this case:

Permanent alimony may be awarded following a marriage of long duration if such an award is appropriate upon consideration of the factors set forth in subsection (2), following a marriage of moderate duration if such an award is appropriate based upon clear and convincing evidence after consideration of the factors set forth in subsection (2)

and

An award of permanent alimony terminates upon the death of either party or upon the remarriage of the party receiving alimony. An award may be modified or terminated based upon a substantial change in circumstances or upon the existence of a supportive relationship in accordance with s. 61.14.

Oh, and if he had proof of her “several adulterous affairs” that would have fallen under subsection 2 mentioned in the first blockquote…..which means she likely wouldn’t have gotten permanent alimony. Just saying.

Sorry, to get so technical.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@Aaliyah If it makes it any easier to stomach, they most likely don’t find the murder or threats funny. They are playing a game of one-ups-manship. They like the reaction they get from saying stupid things and will say what it takes to get that reaction.

Tl;dr. They’re trolls.

Technical is good, melody – facts vs assfax. 🙂

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I want to listen in on that 911 call.

“She called me a transphobe!”

“Sir, I don’t know what that means.”

“I means someone who’s prejudiced against trans people. And she called me it, right there on the internet!”

“Insulting people on the internet isn’t actually illegal, sir. Also “the internet” isn’t really part of our jurisdiction.”

Is Pierre working the 911 lines again? 😀

Amnesia
Amnesia

Funny. By being afraid enough of a trans person calling them a transphobe that they’d call the police, they’ve become the literal definition of a transphobe. Meta.

Aaliyah

Good one XD

Argenti Aertheri

Very meta!

911, what is your emergency?
Some men on the internet threatened me!
Well, the internet isn’t really our jurisdiction, but if you believe you’re in danger we can send an officer to your location
No! I want these men pretending to be women arrested for threatening me!
Men pretending to be women?
Trans* women! They’re really men! Use insults like “transphobe” to justify access to women’s bathroom so they can rape real women!
Oh, you didn’t say tou’d been threatened with rape, I’ll dispatch that officer immediately
No not me personally! In general! Can’t you arrest them?
Well, do you know their locations?
THE INTERNET!!
I’m sorry, we don’t have jurisdiction over the internet. However, if you’re being threatened I’ll dispatch an officer to your location.
No no, I want THEM arrested!
But you don’t know where they are?
THE INTERNET! Aren’t you listening?
*sigh* yes, yes I am.
No you aren’t *click*

Goddamned making transphobe arguments look that pathetic is fun! (Oh and I do know where some of those “threats” came from and yep, it’s Pierre’s jurisdiction!)

Everywhere is Pierre’s jurisdiction. 😉

Viscaria
Viscaria

It’s kind of sad when the law is so unfairly one sided that “contract murder” starts looking like a viable alternative.

It’s kind of terrifying when you talk about ending a human life in terms of how much money it might save.

cloudiah

I’m hearing this, but with “I cover the Internet” substituted in:

Is Pierre working the 911 lines again? 😀

Seeing as I already have police-dispatcher art, of course he is.

(Argenti: Your script is very funny, but I was already drawing this up as a one-panel when I saw it.)

I cover the internet
I’m watching the screen
Will the ones I mock
Be trolling back at me

(Is Pierre baritone? Tenor?)

Kittehserf

Or perhaps Poutine is the singer in the family …

cloudiah

I <3 Pierre so much.

Argenti Aertheri

Katz — wasn’t expecting you to make one as long as my script anyways! The one you did has that nice simple, vague, applied to everyone who ever says anything that dumb. We’ll need to keep that handy for the FREEZE PEACH sort (yep, you can be an asshole, and I can totally legally call you an asshole)

MaudeLL

Aw Pierre…

MaudeLL

@Viscaria

That’s what the Ford Pinto did in 1970. Except that they calculated a human life to be worth $200,000 (1960s dollars), which caused a scandal (the Pinto would sometimes explode and Ford knew it before marketing it).

Well, I guess for those guys it went down to $4,000. Because you know, rape = theft and killing a woman = getting your money back.

What? It’s just a funny joke people! Geez, feminists have no sense of humour.

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

@Viscaria

Its surprisingly common. Insurance companies live off of it.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

I like that when I search for “A voice for” Pierre is the first suggested link completion.

1 2 3 4