awesome boner rage chivalry comics fedoras friend zone friend zoning I'm totally being sarcastic imaginary oppression misogyny nice guys red pill reddit

Friendzoning: The Rage Comics

Vtqy5SK.jpg

Two rage comics that capture well the true human tragedy that is FRIENDZONING, both of which I found in the awesome Blue Pill subreddit. The one above is by dont_buy_me_gold; the one below by SaltyChristian (who is, incidentally, a CERTIFIED ALPHA).

I have heard rumors that the entire Blue Pill subreddit is not actually a hangout for super alpha dudes but rather a parody of the Red Pill subreddit but I choose not to believe them, much in the same way I choose not to believe in the supposed “law” of gravity. It’s A THEORY, people!

(Note: These are both parodies, by the way, in case there is any confusion.)

rRJCPHs2

Eurosabra

I would have to be inside their heads to know if they are really attracted to their partners. But I could SEE if their partners are conventionally attractive. My guess is they’re not, which is not a sin or a crime, most people aren’t.

Argenti Aertheri

“Self-Kino

Quick Definition: The act of kino escalating yourself, better known as masturbation.”

*dies* nicely done talacaris, for once, you’ve produced something genuinely funny.

And I have no problem with peacocking, other than the potential to look absurd. And isn’t voice attraction like, using your “phone voice” basically? So yeah, also fine (well, mostly, don’t try altering your voice too much or you can fuck it up [your voice, not the sound of it])

But point stands that the acceptable parts of PUA are about changing yourself. (And no, lying doesn’t count, not for an actual relationship anyways, one night stands? Just don’t lie about STDs and shit like whether you’ve got another partner who’d call it cheating)

auggziliary
auggziliary

@Eurosabra: Can you please show us the things in The Game that you find acceptable? And not acceptable?

titianblue
titianblue

My guess

Yep, nice to know you realise that you’re guessing. At pretty much everything. Go away & come back when you have some some facts, laddie.

pecunium

Eurosabra: No, I mean no reason to debate, no useful purpose or outcome to be served debating the irrevocably biased.

This assumes we are wrong. This actually betrays your fundamental failing: you operate under the condition that “game” is a proven thing.

We don’t. So you have to convince us. The tools you have used have failed. Not because we are biased, but because the eividence (how many “approaches were you making? What number of approaches do your disciples have to make? Some of them are in the realm of, 300? Based on studies in colleges, that means Game is worse than just randomly approaching women and saying, “hey, wanna fuck?”) you provide isn’t convincing.

When you say, “all women hate disable men”, we have experience which contradicts this absolute claim. They may reject you, but they didn’t reject me. They may have rejected you, but there are women on this board who didn’t reject disabled men.

You are wrong.

When you argue that abusive techniques (mild gaslighting) is acceptable, because otherwise you can’t get your dick wet, we disagree.

It’s not that we reject, “game”, per se, it’s that we reject abusive manipulations. In that I admit to being, “biased”. I’m PROUD of that “bias”.

Eurosabra

Again, I don’t have to convince you. There is nothing to be won or decided in the real world as a result of this space, except that maybe Gamer McVeigh (and I wish he did not exist and we would do well to root him out) now knows about and focuses on the SPLC.

auggziliary
auggziliary

Then why are you still here?

pecunium

Again, I don’t have to convince you.

Do you really think there is a large group of Proto-PUA here?

What is your investment in legitimising game? If it is what you want, and it gets you what you want, and you don’t care that you are abusing women, why do you care about its image in the wider world?

Who are you tying to convince?

Kittehserf

That would have to be the fucking stupidest thing you’ve said yet. If their partners are attractive to them, they’re attractive. What you think is irrelevant. And who the hell are you to ask whether someone’s “really attracted” to their partner? Do you get to make some sort of judgement on this?

Could it possibly be that you’re just as bigoted about women’s appearences as you like to claim women are about yours? Have you ever approached a woman who was not “conventionally attractive” by your standards, or who had, for instance, a limp? (Oh the horror!)

I’m betting you haven’t, and you’re just playing the same old, same old double standard of whining both that women dismiss men who aren’t handsome enough, and there aren’t enough twenty-year-old supermodels around for you to take your pick from.

Kittehserf

blockquote monster’s awake, I see …

Brz
Brz

She has such bizarre ideas I never quite believe she’s serious about anything she writes, but pretty much every time I’ve looked into it, she has been serious. Even by manosphere standards, her ideas are strange. Brz and hatboy, have you never noticed this?

Typhon Blue is what a feminist would look like if “gender equality” were more than just a rhetorical argument for feminists : someone who believe that feminists have betrayed their cause by transforming their movement into an anti-male cult and that, in order to finally achieve the gender equality utopia, they just need to prove by logic that men’s problems also exist and should matter and the ongoing demonization of men and masculinity will stop by itself.
It’s just typical MRM crap.

Aaliyah

“Typhon Blue is what a feminist would look like if “gender equality” were more than just a rhetorical argument for feminists”

*spits out drink*

Howard Bannister

“anti-male cult”

Yes, I feel so victimized. Aaa. Aaa. Help me.

Your next bit is a bit of a hash, and I had to read it three times to understand what you meant.

I think … “[TB] believes that if she shows feminists that men suffer and are opproessed they will stop oppressing men.” Roughly.

Which is so wrong on so many levels. Aaaah, women oppressing me by asking to be paid fairly, aaaaaa. Women oppressing me asking for hate sites on Facebook to be taken down, aaaa, oh noes.

Brz, you’re just… getting more and more divorced from reality every day. Take a break, son.

titianblue
titianblue

If Typhonblue is trying to prove anything by logic, she’s producing a whole new level of fail.

cloudiah

Typhoidblue just hopes desperately that her “edginess” (feminism is just like anti-semitism, and OH! I’m just going to use the N-word a few times) will distract everyone from the fact that there’s no substance to her arguments.

Eurosabra

It’s not f*cking stupid, it’s a perspective that states that conventional attractiveness is well-defined and personal criteria of attractiveness are individual, largely unknown to the outside observer and probably unknowable to a certain extent even to the holder. So I can’t know if they are really attracted, but the example of the bride who dodged the groom’s kiss at her own wedding raises doubts. So I go with the observable. I judge. People do judge. It’s probably a fault.

You’d probably be surprised at the varied women I’ve dated, never mind approached, if you weren’t too busy advising them to run screaming for the hills. I am not grousing a bit that there aren’t enough 20-year-old supermodels to go around but that’s not a major issue, that’s a strawPUA.

pecunium

So I go with the observable.

No, you don’t. The observable is that people are together. The presumption is they are with people to whom they are attracted.

You have decided (contra the observed facts) that any person who doesn’t meet your, idiosyncratic, interpretation of, “conventionally attractive” is, in some way, not actually attractive to the people they are involved with.

Occam’s razor says the better assumption is, absent evidence to the contrary the smart money bets on the two parties to a relationship each finding the other attractive.

auggziliary
auggziliary

Dude, we could be lying about everything to everyone else and no one would know. That’s a given. That would mean that all your experiences with women would also have the potential to be fake, too. Hell, we could all be kittens trained by David to type this. You never know. But that’s given with any interaction.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

So I go with the observable. I judge. People do judge. It’s probably a fault.

Why would you rate how attractive my partner is to me by how much you’re attracted to her? That’s like trying to figure out how hungry someone about to eat is by judging whether you like the food on their plate. That’s just so… stupid.

*takes a huge bite of anchovy and pickled brussel sprout pizza with soy cheez*

Auggie
Auggie

“So I go with the observable. I judge. People do judge. It’s probably a fault.”

I’m honestly really lost by this. You can’t judge what people thing, therefore you judge? Was the “fault” comment in response to how clearly stupid that is?

Auggie
Auggie

Think*, not thing….

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Subjectivity, what’s that?

Kittehserf

They don’t need us to do that. Your own account says the vast majority of them aren’t interested. It’s what you spend half your time here whining about.

As to the first part of that word salad … you’ve already been answered. You’re talking as if conventionally attractive (or what you find attractive) overrrides the evidence of a couple being together. To repeat: fucking stupid.

Hell, we could all be kittens trained by David to type this.

Shhh, don’t give all our secrets away!

Kittehserf

memo to self: no more pre-breakfast attempts to do blockquotes

Kittehserf

Maybe it’s the ol’ “my experience is the only one that counts” thing again. Euroslime isn’t attracted to a particular woman, therefore he can’t quite believe that any other man would be, either.

… which kind of means no woman is ever attracted to a man, ‘cos Eurosabra isn’t, therefore nobody can be.

Two bits of anecdata: I don’t find my best friend’s fiance remotely physically attractive. But there is no question they are enormously attracted to each other.

I was seriously surprised when friends started admitting thoughts like “whoarrr!” came to mind about Mr K – and that’s from seeing his earth-time portraits. I hadn’t thought he would be thought hot by other people. He isn’t Conventionally Attractive after all, how can this be? ::head explodes::

Eurosabra

No, I have decided that the partner is not attractive to me. I conclude that the other person evaluating that partner has criteria unknowable to me, and I consider their taste for *physical* form different from mine. It is possible that someone can have a partner who would be almost-universally rated “unattractive” on “Hot or Not” for example, it is possible to speak of people as “not conventionally attractive.” I don’t doubt that this other person *feels* attraction for this “not conventionally attractive” person. But she/he/zie isn’t necessarily appearing on the cover of fashion magazines anytime soon. So, yes, I tend to judge him/her/hir as having really unusual/”non-socially-sanctioned” taste, and that some kind of consensus on that “non-socially-sanctioned” taste might be found on, say, “Hot or Not.” So yes, we’re dealing with the social meaning of appearance and not objective truth, but it exists and can have real effects.

As far as Louis goes, I would generally say that he was quite conventionally attractive in earthly form, for his time, and to a certain extent for our time as well: http://passion-histoire.net/n/www/viewtopic.php?t=11060

SFW, except for Frondistes. You can definitely see the family resemblance, and some people today would read conventional 16th-17th century male fashion as “gender-bending” today, but I think the portraits of him as an adult would be read as attractive.

hellkell

Jesus, is EuroCreep still trying to prove he’s not a sleazebucket? Give it up, pusbag.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Uhh… so what effect does it have if I am not conventionally attractive, but my partner thinks I’m hot. Or vice versa. Why are you judging other people’s partners anyway. Why are you talking about this at all? I’m so confused.

Eurosabra

Well, there’s a lot of possible eye-rolling from your partner’s entourage and lectures to him/her/hir about the possibility of doing better, although this kind of policing tends to be a younger people and/or parental thing. I’m judging other people’s partners because I’m judgey, because I have a lot of male friends who really *did* make lots of $ with the calculation that it would make them more attractive to the-most-conventionally-attractive women who then apparently threw their usual criteria to the winds when it came time to settle down. So, I’m a bit mystified that they’re undoing their usual calculation. Then again, I have retained a transactional view a bit longer than all of my friends, except the lawyers.

Nicely put, BlackBloc.

EuroCreep, no one here cares what your friends did or what you do or why you’re so unsuccessful with the ladies. We have a pretty damn good idea why that might be.

Eurosabra

I’ve actually seen a suicide bombing in the bar section of a café in Jerusalem. So I’ve seen the aftermath of scenes like that IRL. It’s very triggering for me, it’s triggered my INTENSE hatred and loathing of you. Moreover, various Palestinians and Germans have already expressed the desire to see me dead, so this is nothing new.

Eurosabra

I write something like that, I get banned. You write it, everyone applauds.

hellkell

You just wrote it–whatever that was–and you’re still here. Stop the martyr routine, jackass.

Like I said before, bring it.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Yeah, you better watch out for that kind of thing. Having someone roll their eyes at you would be terrible, way more terrible than not being with someone you love.

I have a hunch that very few “you could do better” chats that your partners have participated in have centered around your appearance.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What’s EuroCreeper wanking about now?

hellkell

Who the fuck knows. He really wants to tell us off, but as usual, he’s too chickenshit. So he’s going to skate riiiiiight up to the line, because he doesn’t want to get banned.

I think he should have been binned the moment he reared his pointy little sleazebag head, but not my final call.

thekidwiththereplaceablehead

“All over the world major museums have bowed to the influence of Disney and become theme parks in their own right. The past, whether Renaissance Italy or Ancient Egypt, is re-assimilated and homogenized into its most digestible form. Desperate for the new, but disappointed with anything but the familiar, we recolonize past and future. The same trend can be seen in personal relationships, in the way people are expected to package themselves, their emotions and sexuality, in attractive and instantly appealing forms.” ― J.G. Ballard, The Atrocity Exhibition

You’ll be a lot happier if you quit letting what they think about how attractive someone is influence your own assessment.

Eurosabra

BlackBloc indirectly expressed a wish that I die violently on my next bar-hopping venture, using a Game of Thrones reference.
He didn’t know I’m a two-time survivor of someone’s suicide terrorist attacks.
That was triggering–it triggered hatred and loathing of BlackBloc.
If I wrote something like that, I’d be banned.

hellkell

You are still here. Even after we’ve told you to fuck off repeatedly.

I personally don’t care what triggers you, you gaslighting fucknut.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m pretty sure that there are no suicide bombing scenes in Game of Thrones, on account of there being no bombs.

Eurosabra

Ballard needed to read Houellebecque. The spiritual no longer prevails over the material, if it ever did. Also, most of the ambiguity I feel about appearance tends to impact the *beginning* of relationships. Not that you care.

hellkell

You are so right about us not caring.

Eurosabra

Ha, ha. May you never see what I’ve seen, if you have, my sympathies. A room of bloodied corpses is the same, in any language, place, or time.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Maybe he’s afraid of being invited to a Red Wedding. Or Dragons. Dragons are as real as bombs…aren’t they?

*eye roll*

Eurosabra

David keeps writing about PUA, I keep replying.

Shiraz
Shiraz

“Also, most of the ambiguity I feel about appearance tends to impact the *beginning* of relationships. Not that you care.”

I know I don’t.
When did this thread become all about Eurosabra’s hang-ups?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Every thread he gets involved in ends up being about his hang-ups. That’s why I wish David would just ban him – I’m tired of him trying to use us to work out his issues.

hellkell

EuroCreep, your insistent whine that because David keeps writing about PUA so you’ll keep replying makes you sound like the petulant man-child you are.

Maybe if PUA weren’t pro-rape douchebags, there would be no need to write about them. Fuck off.

Eurosabra

Occasionally you raise a detail about PUA that I feel merits a response, because I think I can provide context or nuance. Generally that gets drowned in venom directed at me. And I go off on tangents of anger, accusations of tu quoque, or self-pity when my buttons get pushed. I’m generally good at staying off MRA threads because I’m not an MRA, I think men’s problems don’t need a gender movement to combat them, because they are problems with capitalism, sexism, and racism that happen to be pointed at men. I agree that the discussions generally aren’t productive and I’m happier when I stay away.