a woman is always to blame alpha males antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? bad boys boner rage evil sexy ladies evil women men invented everything men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny not-quite-explicit threats oppressed men playing the victim PUA straw feminists taking pleasure in women's pain thug-lovers we hunted the mammoth

Men Violent Because of Women, Says Man Who Hates Women

I blame women.

Over on This is Why MGTOW, the blogger who calls himself Cerberus Alpha (dude, seriously?) attempts to answer the question: Why are men more violent?

Rather than attempting to engage with the extensive scholarly literature on the subject, or even making a token effort to do any research on the subject whatsoever, Mr. Alpha instead spins a few familiar manosphere fairy tales into “evidence” that it’s all the fault of those evil sexy ladies and their evil sexy and/or feminist ways.

Young women train violence and criminality into young men. The thug with the shaved head who communicates in grunts is sexually rewarded. The empathetic bookworm is denied if not publicly humiliated if he approaches a girl. So the bookworm puts down the book, gets contacts and a tattoo, bulks up in the gym, and generally acts like an asshole. (Why would he be nice to women any more?) Suddenly, he finds himself showered in pussy. This is how it works. Women’s sexual desires are dark and pathological, and this encourages men to become violent criminals if they want to get laid.

His evidence for this?

Just look at all the Game blogs out there, which teach men how to mimic the frame of the uncaring, alpha criminal without actually breaking the law.

That’s right. Misogynist dude pontificating about ladies cites as evidence … other misogynist dudes pontificating about ladies. THAT’S SCIENCE!

Oh, but the perfidy of the evil violence-causing ladies gets worse! Because they also force men to commit evil violence by, apparently, telling them to do it in sweet sexy voices:

Women’s own violence is committed via proxy (i.e. they get men to do the difficult work of physical coercion), and thus is incorporated into men’s overall violence. That’s pretty smart of women, in a devious and manipulative sort of way. A woman who has a problem with a man (or just wants to see a guy get beaten up, because that kind of sadism makes her tingle) sidles up to her boyfriend and asks so-sweetly if he will ‘do something’ about that guy who’s bothering her. But when the fun is over and the cops show up because someone is leaving the party in an ambulance, it was all his fault, see. She didn’t do a thing. She’s sugar and spice and all things nice.

I think Mr. Alpha here is confusing real life with the TV show Cheaters.

But wait!  We haven’t even gotten to the even eviller evils of … FEMINISM.

Since the 1960s, normal male behavior has been increasingly criminalized while criminal female behavior has been increasingly normalized. This process is known as ‘feminism,’ and includes legal restrictions on politically incorrect speech, redefinitions of ‘harassment,’ and so on. This ground has been covered over and over again in the sphere and we don’t need to retread how feminism makes it illegal simply to exist as a man.

Uh, maybe you do need to go over that once more because, well, here’s the thing, I’m a dude, and I’ve never been arrested for being a man. Or even given a warning. And I’m pretty sure there are literally billions of other men on planet earth in the same situation as I am. Are there warrants out for us all?

The flip side is that crimes like abortion and infanticide, for which women were typically held responsible, have been made legal and normalized by feminists.

Really? Could you remind me again when Congress passed the Actual Live Human Baby Killing Is A-OK With Us Act, because I’m pretty sure infanticide isn’t legal or “normalized” in the US or anywhere on this planet. And in the US, at least, abortion rights (not to mention abortion providers) are under pretty much constant attack.

Mr. Alpha also suggests that male violence is just a sort of side effect of men being such hard workers and deep thinkers and shit:

Men commit more crime because men do more of anything, that is apart from self-obsessed complaining. This is the Y-chromosome explanation that radfems are so fond of, except they miss out the part that if there’s no Jack the Ripper then there’s no Einstein either, and it’s kind of hard to be a career grrl if men haven’t invented corporations and desks yet. Men are proactive as women are reactive, which in laymen’s terms means we get shit done.

Also, mammoths, we hunted them to feed you, etc.

Not content to blame male violence on women, Mr. Alpha ends by suggesting that he won’t really mind if some men — wink, wink — wise up and start directing some of this violence at the ladies who made them all violent in the first place.

The majority of violence committed by men, which is encouraged or outright instructed by women, as described above, is committed against other men. Thus for the most part, it can be described as female violence against men, delivered via proxy. …

If, however, these machinations happen to backfire, and a man who has been trained into criminal violence turns on his trainers, who am I to care?

Gosh, men in the “sphere” sure do love to fantasize about ladies getting beaten up by men, don’t they?

Dude, please, go your own fucking way already. The farther you go, the better.

Howard Bannister

OMG, Brz got a Well Done!!

Everybody gets a high five! Brz finally gets the adulation and love he so desperately needs! Hey, Brz, Black Fedora thinks you’re okay!

Brz, the guy who says Tom “Renounce Prostitution in all forms” Martin is indistinguishable from feminists thinks you’re all right! Truly, you have succeeded in life.

Myoo
Myoo

@Brz
Do you have to work hard to be this wrong or does it come naturally?

If this boy decide to not play the game, to not play tough in order to attract girls[…]

If someone is “playing tough” in order to attract girls, the problem is on that someone, not the girls;

[…] his problem won’t be the tough guys, they don’t care about other guys as long as they don’t compete with them[…]

Really? I guess all that bullying I got in high school from other guys for being a weird, socially awkward kid never happened;

Huh, again, I guess I just imagined the guys who called me gay and harassed me.

It should be the first line of “ghetto nerds : how to leave the underclass easily for dummies” and the second line would be “once you stop caring about what girls think about you, you stop fearing ending up in jail”.

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t grow up in a “ghetto”, so obviously none of that applies to me. And everybody knows that the police never goes after “ghetto kids” (seriously, you’re not fooling anyone) who aren’t doing anything wrong, why that’s just unthinkable.

The Black Fedora
The Black Fedora

@ detached.

Actually the world is as simple or as complex as we wish it to be. We always believe that we are special and that somehow we do not fit into the usual pattern. This makes life appear complicated because we are the exception to every rule! However this is only our ego speaking.

We then look back upon our life- that seemed so exceptional- and find that it has been fairly typical. We can see the commonalities in other people but not ourselves..

None of us as different as we believe.

The Black Fedora
The Black Fedora

@ M Dubz

It is true that many women grow out of the love of jerks- but feminism actually continues with it. One way to understand feminism is the continuation of unhealthy adolescent behavior into middle age. This is why feminism engages in ‘nice guy shaming’ and prefers Islamist groups over the military- what is a GI after all but the ultimate Nice Guy who is there to protect her yet again?

Bob Goblin
Bob Goblin

Black Fedora,

I hope you didn’t hurt your butt too much with all the facts you just pulled out of it.

@thread — Just got back from a CrossFit session, and am feeling the urge to rob a bank. Who wants a split?

cloudiah

@Bob Goblin, Can I drive the getaway car?

@Dude Who GIves a Nice Hat a Bad Name (DWGNHBM), Your entire statement assumes facts not in evidence.

Aaliyah

Actually the world is as simple or as complex as we wish it to be.

Nope. The complexity of the world has nothing to do with your own perspective. It is objectively more complex than you wish it was. Sorry.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Well, I’m already very likely going to end up somewhere constrained with all these imaginary drugs. I’m in.
————
@Black Fedora

None of us as different as we believe.

Actually, the world is far more complex than the simple mechanical model we often determine it to be. We always believe that we are special, that we do not fit the usual pattern and that we, in our omniscience, can percieve the patterns others do not. Ours is the ability to see the Matrix for what it truly is. And that makes life so simple for us, because the imaginary worlds we create instead of reality must be simple… else maintaining them is too much effort by far.

Looking back on our life, which, perhaps by the standards set ourselves long ago, seems less exceptional we often find that what we thought was the simple acts of other people carried resonant, compelling reasons for we never considered in our myopic perspective.

The map is not the landscape, as they say.

The feminist who argue that should serve a front line role in combat zones, be able to fully join the general infantry, stand side by side with other people to protect them… She’s doing that because she believes that the abilities she can bring are as good as those of others. She is doing it because, when told, “Sit still and I’ll protect you!” her first impulse has always been to reply with “Get down, you’re in my way!”.

Others would call that “crippling the military to feed her own ego”. Maybe even “Desperate for some excitement that her life doesn’t get her!”. Could be “Only doing it to impress the grrrrlll power movement, the darling”.

Simple answers often doesn’t correlate entirely to the truth.

You’ve built your life on a simple lie. “Femininists are out to get me”. From that core assumption, you’ve drawn your entire world. Suddenly everything, to you, is simple.

They’re out to get you, so they’ll shame nice guys. They’re out to get you, so they like the Taliban. They’re to get you, so they’ll try to trick men. They’re out to get you, so you should live a life of a lavender marriage because otherwise, you’re suspect.

Your life is a myopic cesspool of fear, bitterness and anxiety. Your joy and empathy has been crippled by your inability to let go of imaginary slights. You hole up in your metaphysical castle because you hope, at the end of the day, it’ll protect you from the shadows in your head.

I don’t write this to be unkind. I’m not a psycho-analyst, and I don’t know you, but everything you write here, everything you say, even your modus operandi, stated, for being here boils down to “Understanding the feminists mindset”.

And everyone knows you’re pulling that from the old “Knowing is half the battle”.

But… Fedora? Look at your life. Look at the thing its become. Holding on to all this hatred and fear isn’t good for you. From your blog:

It is much the same in modern life. Feminism seeks constantly to place us on the defensive my making our bases insecure. This takes many forms such as contacting our employers with private information or making it impossible to engage in playful banter with a female co worker without fear of being sacked.

You don’t have principles to protect, you have hatred to rage with.

It is a good idea to build a castle WITH someone. Preferably a woman. This is because single men are regarded as slightly suspicious. It is good to enter into a form of Lavender Marriage with a woman who wants nothing from you. This will usually be a woman who has decided to put her career ahead of relationships. Generally a Lesbian will be able for find her Lavender partner from within her community.

You don’t have morals to uphold, you have malice wield against the world.

Many women seem to feel that a relationship with a man brings respectability. This is an odd notion but it is still commonly held. No woman wants to be pitied by other woman as the one who has been left on the self even if she desires nothing but solitude. You may be her solution to this problem and in return she will play the steady girlfriend.

You don’t have desires to sate, you have anxieties to satisfy.

This has career advantages for men as it will be assumed that you will are supporting her in some fashion. You employer will assume that you are a more committed employee as a result.

Go through your Facebook feed. Remove everything embarrassing from it. Place legal disclaimers everywhere and review your security settings.

Settle every legal and personal dispute you have. Do good works. Pay off your debts. Build your castle brick by brick.

You don’t have a castle to build. You have a prison to construct around your soul.

Faced the possibility that “they’re out to get you”, you don’t choose to fight, to argue honestly, to have a standpoint. You choose to hide away.

You choose lavender marriages, lies and deceit crumps of respectability – because apparently, you don’t know how to get respectability or what it is, but you understand that you must have it.

You have decided that single men are suspect, so instead of altering that perception, you choose to hide with a lesbian to remove the stigma you branded yourself on your own mind.

You would rather censors every thought you have, every impulse you get, every notion in your head than reveal one tiny ounce of weakness that someone might use against you.

I’m sorry for you. I don’t think that’s a good way to live a life. I hope you are happy with what you do, I hope you enjoy yourself, but I can’t imagine it.

What you should do, if you have the time, is to watch Network. A movie, from 1976.

Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’ Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say, ‘I’m a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!’ So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, ‘I’M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

“.

Don’t you see? Your rage is fabricated by others, to exploit. Your fears are a creation of your own head, full of terrors of all those bad things the Others will do to you once they discover your weak spot.

Let it go.

Your life has value.

But you won’t find it here, raging against feminists that don’t exist and building castles that are really piss, lies, paper and misery.

Because, well, you get two choices. You can do what you’re doing, and once you have your perfect castle of ice, assets hidden, living with a woman who is a lesbian with a fake ring around your finger, working a job under an assumed named and with a second pass port to bail out at the slightest bit of trouble… Will you be free?

Or read some Kahil Gibran.
(On Freedom)

And what is it but fragments of your own self you would discard that you may become free?
If it is an unjust law you would abolish, that law was written with your own hand upon your own forehead.
You cannot erase it by burning your law books nor by washing the foreheads of your judges, though you pour the sea upon them.
And if it is a despot you would dethrone, see first that his throne erected within you is destroyed.
For how can a tyrant rule the free and the proud, but for a tyranny in their own freedom and a shame in their own pride?
And if it is a care you would cast off, that care has been chosen by you rather than imposed upon you.
And if it is a fear you would dispel, the seat of that fear is in your heart and not in the hand of the feared.

Just…

Dude. Let it go.

Molly Moon
Molly Moon

Actually the world is as simple or as complex as we wish it to be.

Haha are you a 17 y/o white suburban boy? Or a middle aged white suburban man?

OR A WIZARD???

Howard Bannister

Okay, BlackBloc, the man in the black hat (seriously, he says he’s the man in the black hat? Is there no self awareness there?) claims the book you enjoyed is a PUA classic.

Obviously, since he’s an obvious troll with no redeeming qualities and you’re a long-time poster with a track record of helpful comments, this is a totally credible assertion.

So we’re gonna have a kangaroo court here now, and if you fail to convince us that this book is non-manipulative, then GOD HELP YOU, it’s time for punishment by the Feminist Hivemind. I think you know what that entails.

Just stand by while I get some kangaroos ready.

What? A kangaroo court without kangaroos? Figurative kangaroos? Where did this turn of phrase come from, anyway?

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Oh no, you’re on to me. Even though I’m in my 30s, today I intend to copy someone’s algebra homework, puff on a cigarette behind my cousin’s barn, and annoy my parents by playing Nirvana too loudly in my room. This is what feminism is all about, and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for you meddling MRA’s.

Where are all these straw feminists who love the Taliban? Because I’m pretty sure that feminist criticism of the Taliban is sincere and not token criticism. Also, how can you say that US feminists hate US GI’s when some GI’s are feminists themselves? Do they hate themselves?

Briznecko
Briznecko

Dude Who GIves a Nice Hat a Bad Name (DWGNHBM)*,

The strawfeminists in your head appear to be on fire. Perhaps you should remedy that?

*Great name cloudiah!

cloudiah

thebionicmommy, Oh admit it, you’ve been scribbling “I <3 the Taliban" all over your notebooks too.

Briznecko
Briznecko

Fibinachi, this:

and this:

Reminds me of this:

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Well, the puppet put everything far more eloquently than I ever could.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

*blushes* Hey, stop peaking at my Lisa Frank notebook!

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

Dude, get your talking points straight. According to the OP, all violence is committed under the instruction of women. This obviously would include all wars and all military endeavors.

Biot
Biot

What the fuuuuck?
I know I’m operating on about 1.5 hours of sleep after a red-eye flight from O’Hare to Dublin, but I can still see holes in his argument that are big enough to fit a Hummer through them.

Ye Gods, somebody hath removed the common sense glands from that person.

Biot
Biot

I’m talking about the article by David, though.
(Why is sleep? I don’t know.)

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

I come late to the thread as usual :/

@lightcastle

I’d love to read that as well! Please, let us know about it.

@Nekora
Another point: I was a nerd and a geek in high school (the past tense on this sentence is amusing hahaha). The nerd guys would always talk how the girls didn’t want them and the same old blah blah. But they never notice that some of us were actually interested in them! The nerdy girls! Did they want the nerdy girls back then? No! We were “great friends”! ¬¬” I believe that possibly happens in other parts of the world too. (I’m not from the U.S)
But we matured and things were completely different. As you mentioned, this mentality in the manosphere sounds very high school to me as well.

@M Dubz @Aaliyah @lightcastle
I think get that from Serano’s article. I will have to read it again taking what you both have said. What I read was that the fact that certain girls prefer “assholes” is a social construction, not a “natural immutable” condition in women. She also says that this is not observed in certain circles, as hers with more “alternative” people. But I will need to go back to that.
I’m also not 100% into that, but I found that interesting as I haven’t seen this discussion in articles often. However, I interpreted it more like lightcastle did. And as CassandraSays mentioned, I also believe the niceguys/asshole dichotomy exists in man’s brain.

I will go back to the article tough. Sadly, it will take a while for me to read and re-think it. And I’m slow…. so probably not on this thread >__<

@many

I saw the articles about Beatriz today. I was appalled by these news! It’s so horrendous in so many levels….

pineapplecookies
pineapplecookies

I meant “I didn’t get that from Serano’s article”. Jeez… that was a terrible typing thing I did…

Howard Bannister

I can’t stop going back and staring at that line. I mean, seriously. SERIOUSLY. Either he really believes all crime and imprisonment is controlled by the powerful conspiracy, or he’s saying something about rape. I think it’s the former, but his level of blather means I can’t quite discount the latter.

Either way, I need a shower.

pecunium

Brz: Take your typical nerdy boy who happens to live in a place which is almost entirely structured by and around the drug business, where the local models of masculinity are tough guys who do illegal things that will certainly send them to jail soon, where the hottest girls of the neighborhood hang out with the toughest guys, where the desirability of a guy depends on his ability to do illegal things that will probably send him to jail.

Funny, I grew up in just such a neighborhood.

This is not what I observed. It’s as if you don’t know what you are talking about. Then again, this is you pretending to either an intimate knowledge of the US inner city, or arguing that 1: French poverty is 1a built like this and 1b, French “ghettos” (as you have known them” are dispostive in regards to American lifestyle; as affected by American feminism.

2: It’s possible that your ignorance is broader than just the US, and includes the nature of poor neighborhoods in France.

If this boy decide to not play the game, to not play tough in order to attract girls because he prefers preserving his chances to go to university and leave the neighborhood rather than banging girls or simply because he knows that he’s unable to look tough anyway, his problem won’t be the tough guys, they don’t care about other guys as long as they don’t compete with them, it will be the girls, especially if the guy is somewhat handsome : they will punish him for not playing the game, for not trying to impress them, for not daring to look tough for them. They’ll bully him, they’ll say he’s gay, they’ll spread rumors about him, they’ll just harass him as long as he conforms to what they want : a wannabe tough guy who do stupid things to impress the girls which will put him at risk of ending up in jail.

Again, not my experience (though it’s arguable that I am/was handsome; though in some way attractive seems to be indisputable, as I was not entirely bereft of female companionship of an approbative nature in my youth).

See above, points 1, 1a, 1b, and 2. They seem apropos to this paragraph of yours as well.

This is more of the lack of consistent verismilitude which makes you seem less than truly French.

Aaliyah

Yup. This definitely happens all the time. Not.

Also, the fact that you think that “tough guys” almost never pick on other guys in such a scenario sufficiently proves that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

pecunium

Black Chappy: Feminists occasionally make token criticism of the Taliban but work tirelessly to tie one hand of the military behind its back as it does so. The Taliban are at least ‘real men’ in the eyes of the feminists while the GI is a castrated beta male.

dafuq?

Actually the world is as simple or as complex as we wish it to be.

Have you been reading Quantum Mechanics for Dummies again?

lightcastle
lightcastle

@cassandrasays

You mean in the heads of men, in the latter case. Asshole/Nice Guy as an archetype holds very little emotional resonance for most women, in my experienc. The fact that men assume that it must hold equal power in the minds of women is a reflection of the tendency of men to universalize their experiences and not even bother asking if women share them.

Equal power as Virgin/Whore (or Madonna/Whore, depending on what version we’re looking at)? I wouldn’t dream of it, because there’s a whole system backing that at a stronger level, and (as always) men are allowed to be individuals as opposed to archetypes at a far greater level than women in our society.

But that said, I think you’re underestimating this as a cultural narrative. While Serrano is using “NiceGuy/Asshole” with its unfortunate high school and Internet NiceGuy(tm) resonances, you can find evidence of this split all over the culture. It’s part of how we construct masculinity in its lovely toxic forms. I mean, the “Bad Boy” archetype isn’t some obscure academic idea. 🙂

freemage
freemage

LBT:

Speaking of far more EFFECTIVE trolls, I ran across one today with the boggling assertion that if you don’t tell your partner whether you’re a virgin or not, you’re raping them. I sure HOPE they were trolling, because if they were truly that much of a doofus, I’d be horrified.

Okay, having come far in the analysis of the MRA mindset, I can eke out the notion here.

MRAs desire virgins because it’s the sign of control–the woman ‘belongs’ to you, completely (by their way of thinking). The poster is claiming that he doesn’t want to have sex with non-virgins. If a woman lies and says she is a virgin, she’s theoretically violating his right to set conditions on his sexuality. This, in turn, becomes a case of deceptive rape in his widdle, icky mind. On the surface, if you blink a lot, squint, and don’t look at it very long, and have a screaming headache, it might actually look like a legit position.

Of course, what it fails to comprehend is the difference between past and present. The whole notion of virginity as a ‘thing’ is horribly flawed, because it defines a person’s current state by some act that occurred in the past, with no particular justification for doing so.

Prior sexual conduct does not, in fact, create a change in status of a woman. There are aspects and consequences of prior conduct which are fair to address (for instance, is your partner free of STIs?). While a declaration of ‘virginity’ may speak to them, so too does a reasonable attitude towards sexual health (such as getting the occasional test if you’re sexually active with multiple partners over time, or otherwise involved in non-monogamous relationships).

The woman who lies about her ‘virginity’ is roughly equivalent to a guy who maybe broke the law when he was a teenager and has since lived a law-abiding life, who conceals the past crime from current partners. He is not a criminal now, and his past criminal behavior (because of record sealing) has no impact on how he can live his life going forward, so lying about that past conduct, while perhaps not admirable, is also not rape-by-deception.

Rape by deception, on the other hand, is a deliberate attempt to obscure relevant information about your current state of being, NOT about past conduct. If you conceal the fact that you’re an HIV carrier, that’s a major violation of their right to say no to that particular risk, and utterly unacceptable.

freemage
freemage

Oh, and Navy-Blue Cap is clearly unworthy of engagement except for stick-poking purposes. Pro-Taliban feminism is an amusing concept, but not something you actually get in this version of reality.

Radical Parrot

Actually the world is as simple or as complex as we wish it to be.

Wha… whu… whaaaat?

Asshat, your opinions on the complexity of the world count about as much as a manatee accountant without a calculator. Is the belief that “the world is not complex, people just need to see that I’m right” part of your right-wing moral superiority complex? Because it sure stinks like confirmation bias, narcissism and a couple of other things I dare not name.

The complexity of the world stems from the fact that when multiple people with different personalities and life goals occupy the same space, there’s bound to be clashes and disagreements. Listening to and understanding other viewpoints is crucial in maintaining harmony within a large group of people. An unwavering belief in the complete righteousness of your cause has led to many bad things in history. Quit with the “objective morality” thing already.

Aaliyah

This is off-topic, but I wanted to post this here since it’s the most active thread. I asked her about sharing it with everyone here, and she said that she would appreciate that.

My philosophy teacher recently sent a reader query to Feminist Philosophers, asking for any advice or thoughts on her situation at this community college she used to teach at. She was recently involved in trying to help a female student who was sexually harassed by a classmate, and she has faced quite a few problems.

Here’s the whole story: http://feministphilosophers.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/reader-query-about-response-to-sexual-harassment/

Gametime

hahahaha omg i can’t believe i missed this

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

“FEMINISTS ALIGN WITH TALIBAN, SUPPORT THEOCRATIC PATRIARCHY” said no headline ever.

pecunium

Dark-Chapeau is also of the “that was then” school of troll. He has abandoned arguments in other threads (I don’t recall seeing any further response from him about the problems in his theory of evolutionary “proof” regarding the nature of human breasts), and proceeds in new threads as if he has some expectation of credibility positions, as if every utterance was both, ab initio and presumptively authoritative.

The clue, he doesn’t have it.

cloudiah

Aaliyah, I don’t really have any advice; it sounds like your professor did the right thing. I guess he is denying sending the sexually graphic PMs, but that seems like a matter for their IT department to look into. If he’s acknowledging sending that public message to/about the same student, that also seems inappropriate.

becausescience
becausescience

Funny that as evidence of this supposed universal situation of women only dating violent criminals, Brz has to pull up a hypothetical example of a nerdy boy who lives in a high crime, gang-controlled neighborhood, yet this boy still for some reason believes he needs to have sex with the hottest girls in the neighborhood before he goes to university.

becausescience
becausescience

This is why feminism engages in ‘nice guy shaming’

Sorry, “nice guy shaming” isn’t an actual thing. And in any case, feminists don’t have a problem with guys who are nice. They have a problem with “NiceGuy(tm)’s”. Notice the ™.

A guy who is nice is nice because that’s just how he is. His niceness isn’t a ploy to get something from someone.

A NiceGuy(tm) is a guy who acts nice to a girl with the expectation that he’ll get sex in return. When he doesn’t get the sex he thought he was somehow entitled to, he turns angry and bitter, and rather than learn the grown-up lesson that not everyone will be sexually or romantically interested in you, and that nobody owes anyone sex or a romantic relationship, he goes online whining about how he’s totes such a great guy but he keeps getting put in the “friend zone” by ungrateful bitches. Unlike a guy who happens to be nice, a NiceGuy(tm) isn’t actually nice at all. He’s a whiny, bitter asshole using pretend niceness as a ploy to try to get into a woman’s pants. And THAT is why feminists don’t like NiceGuy(tm)s.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Don’t have time to read all the comments now, but if Mr “feminists just lurve the Taliban” isn’t a Poe he’s the dumbest person ever to dumb in the history of dumbasses.

becausescience
becausescience

I suspect that the thing about women dating bad boys is probably one of those things that people “just know” is true, but isn’t actually what people think it is. Like in reality it’s maybe more of a “people of all genders sometimes date people who are horrible people, because sometimes horrible people are still attractive for other reasons, and being really attracted to someone can cloud your judgement” thing.

There are plenty of men who date bad girls, women who date bad girls, men who date bad boys, etc. but the popular narrative focuses on good girl/bad boy, so that’s what people tend to notice when it happens.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ lightcastle

You appear to have completely misunderstood my point. Nice guy/asshole certainly seems to have some cultural resonance, but that resonance is mainly in the minds of men. Witness the complete bafflement of most women when men start going on about it. There may be some exceptions, mostly among the young, but if you think that it’s common for adult women to obsess over this idea the way a lot of men do you’re flat out wrong.

Also the smiley at the end of the comment was rather obnoxious. Let me mansplain your own feelings about male archetypes to you with a grin! Or maybe don’t do that.

The Black Fedora
The Black Fedora

@ Fibinachi

Thank you.

I have been with a friend who nearly died this weekend (technically he did die) from a heart attack. He is younger than me and was working long hours to support three sons that he never sees. We discussed lifestyle for a bit and maybe one part of him is actually waiting for that second heart attack that will finish him off. Death would be a release for him.

Sometimes the waste gets to me. It is so relentless and inhuman.

Nevertheless you have done me good. I sense that you once got involved with feminism to do good- not because you intend to destroy other people.

Ideology destroys empathy. If you are a feminist it is men who are evil and if you are a MRA it is feminism and big government.

I am so tired with it all. I really wish there was some way out. If not for this generation then for the next.

Kittehserf

I loathe “tough guys” or blokes who aim to look tough or act that way. Did at school, too. They were usually bullying louts back then.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Also! Because the condescension in that comment really annoyed me. The idea of the “bad boy” as a lot of men deploy it seems to mean “man who is physically attractive and perhaps has long hair/tattoos/some other sign of being outside the mainstream”. Thing is, none of those things make someone an asshole. The whole thing is an attempt by men to frame women’s preferences for men who aren’t them as pathological, imo. Which is why having someone try to reinforce that social tendency for men to reframe women’s clearly stated preferences as meaning something other than what the woman say they mean, complete with smiley, grates like nails dragged down a chalkboard.

Aaliyah

Ideology destroys empathy.

whut

Kittehserf

lightcastle – when you say “spread all over the culture” are you talking about the sort of shit one sees in films or television or advertising, (made, surprise surprise, largely by men for men) or about real women’s thoughts and experiences? If you’re saying the former then it makes more sense to me, but if you do mean it’s how women frame things then no.

Kittehserf

Aaliyah – or in the case of MRAs, the total lack of empathy leads to their ideology.

Briznecko
Briznecko

Christ. It seems trolls either want a free dom or free therapy. Which, of course, is laced with a heavy helping of mansplaining. Gross.

The Black Fedora
The Black Fedora

@ CasandraSays

I really wish these was no truth in the radical Islam/ feminist alliance.

It was very evident during the ‘stop the war’ marches which were jointly organised. The psychology of these marches seemed to be based upon a form of Nice Guy shaming. The basic concept was that the coalition forces must have some evil intent because nobody wants to bring democracy and prosperity to a nation. This is identical to the way kind and decent men are treated. Feminists seem to find it impossible to believe that a man could actually like or care for women. He must be an evil Nice Guy! Destroy him!!

We saw the same thing in local government. The radical Islamist and the feminists succeeded in getting some librarys segregated according to sex. For the Isalmist it was religious and for the feminists it was about rape- but they worked together very well.

Briznecko
Briznecko

Keep fucking that chicken, bro. Maybe it’ll shit out more assfax for you.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Deeply, pathetically, almost impossibly stupid.

So there was absolutely no opposition to the wars from people not identifying specifically, and exclusively, as feminists? And the U.S. has an excellent track record of bringing democracy and prosperity to other nations?

Got it.

I don’t know how you manage to chew food. I mean, do you get it from the fork and into your mouth but then just sit there because you aren’t sure how the actual chewing works?

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Block quote monster!!!! That top part is a quote.

Briznecko
Briznecko

Ha! Oh thank FSM I wasn’t drinking my tea – or you would owe me one keyboard and refreshed tea.

Please accept this gift-wrapped internet. It smells like peaches.